Carson Tahoe Health Employee Reviews

Best Healthcare System to work for in Northern Nevada
General Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 20, 2016
Carson Tahoe Health can be a crazy and dysfunctional workplace, but in general, it is not a mean-spirited or vindictive organizational culture, in contrast to its two major competitors in the area. Pay and benefits are not great, but are competitive with others in the region. The daily work is just like what one would expect in a mid-size urban hospital - really busy, with all the usual wards and departments handling patients and procedures. The hospital building is fairly new, and the facilities are nice in that regard.
Pros
Starbucks on campus
Cons
Busy, tight staffing, unpredictable schedules
Has been a great employer
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 9, 2016
I have spent 21 years as an employee of this facility. Throughout the years there have, of course, been changes in management and expectations of nursing staff. While changes are necessary in the ever changing landscape of healthcare, Carson Tahoe Health has strived to provide the most professional and heartfelt care to not only it's patients but to staff as well.

I spent time in a management position and enjoyed the support provided by upper management. I have been allowed ample opportunities for growth in my career.

The group of nurses, physicians and ancillary staff with whom I work have become a family to me. In our unit we are very close-knit and with very exceptions have built a cohesive team passionate about patient care.

The hardest part of the job lies in the unknown element of such a unit. There is no set patient load as the nature of labor and delivery changes from minute to minute. Providing adequate staff for the unit during times of high patient census is the most challenging aspect of my job.
Pros
Wages and some of the benefits
Management is AWFUL
Courier (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 30, 2016
The "Carson Tahoe way" IS A JOKE!!!!!
Management is a bunch of bullies and middle management is made up of a group of mean girls
If they don't like you they'll find a way to make your life miserable
Horrible, horrible place to spend 12 hours a day
I've been looking for a job ever since I started here, I see so many people come and go
I'm in constant fear of getting fired.....it SUCKS here
My immediate boss, CW, is a gossip and doesn't know the meaning of the word CONFIDENTIAL
She's been here way too long and has become
too comfortable in her position
She's threatened by anyone who works hard and makes her look bad
They need to see that CW is the reason for the poor moral and high turnover rate in her department
Pros
Starbucks 24 hours
Cons
Everything else about the place
Good place to work.
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 22, 2016
I've worked for this company for over 5 years. The size of patient flow has increased dramatically over the past year. It's a good place to work with good benefits.
Was good once upon a time
Imaging pawn (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 22, 2016
With some new management, and a lot of changes things have gone downhill very quickly. In the short time I have worked here our patient load has dramatically increased, with our staffing decreasing. Pleas for help go unheard. Comments made by management that we are well paid for what we do and that if we have a problem with it, they will find someone else. However this is completely false. New employees drop like flies. They refuse to listen to their staff causing a high turnover rate. The potential is there to be a great facility, but all suggestions fall on deaf ears.
Pros
Highest pay scale in area
Cons
Skeleton crew staffing, management
Avoid this place
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 14, 2017
Worked there for several months as a CT Tech. Racist and sexist work environment. Management was informed and did nothing so I quit. Department is unorganized due to the people in charge. It is an unsafe place to work and is unsafe for the patients. No help to move patients, protocols in scanners are not built. The moral in the hospital is low, and it is not a positive place to be.
Pros
Pay better than renown. Cafeteria is awesome.
Cons
Racist, sexist, unsafe.
Productive and fun work place, learned a lot.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 16, 2017
I learned a lot about how to keep a sterile place. Has awesome coworkers, they were reasonable when emergencys came up, they would train you well for you to do a better job.
Pros
Learned a lot about the medical field.
great benefits, management going south though.
Registration Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 14, 2015
I loved my job, however I just recently became temporarily handicapped and after my FMLA went back to find I had been displaced and put into a position that I can't do physically. NO Compassion for their employees!
A Truly Professional Workplace Environment!
Cardiology Technician I (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 1, 2012
The workplace environment was truly professional and my supervisors were exemplary! I highly recommend CTRH for the Allied Health professional!
Pros
positive and professional work environment.
Great learning environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 9, 2013
Completing a full day of work, with multiple problem solving tasks. I leaned how to make iv solutions, TPNs, chemo iv solutions, various compounding items, the PYXIS drug dispensing system, brand/generic medications, input orders into SUNRISE ordering system, daily drug ordering
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Easy work load, good employee relations
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 29, 2012
Good place to work, and the fellow staff worked well with each other, the budget was always a big concern and the administration kept cutting jobs and outsourcing others, not a very secure feeling.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
a 4 hour shift each week
Great place to work. Very progressive pharmacy for a small hospital
Clinical Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Carson City NevadaSeptember 18, 2011
This is a great place to work. The hospital is small enough to work alongside many other disciplines in the hospital. The pharmacy is involved with all aspects of patient care.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
busy hospital for size-this may be viewed pro/con
Stable job.
Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  1600 Medical parkwayOctober 31, 2014
I enjoy working with the patients.
Education opportunities.
Pros
Work in something that I like.
Cons
Short breaks
Very Heavy work load
RRT (Former Employee) –  Carson Tahoe Cason City NVMarch 19, 2014
Very unappreciative of Respiratory Therapist. Heavy work load and no respect

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson Tahoe Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8