Carson Tahoe Health Employee Reviews

great place to work
MENTAL HEALTH TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  NVJanuary 11, 2018
great staff and management. The management is very supportive of their staff and encourage growth through education. This is great place to work and learn.
Pros
to many to name
Very Busy hospital environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City NVJanuary 5, 2018
Work day: very Busy
I learned to better try to understand other people's side of things
My Managers were always approachable
The hardest thing about being a CNA is the sadness that comes with the job.
The most enjoyable part of being a CNA is having the opportunity to take patients and families, during their most difficult times.
Pros
Always had health fairs and opportunity for extra hours
Cons
Short breaks in a twelve hour period
Carson Tahoe Health has been a great company to work for. I have always felt valued as an employee.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVNovember 9, 2017
I would continue working for Carson Tahoe if I were able to find a position that would not be so physically demanding at this time. I have always felt like an important part of the physical therapy team.
Toxic environment to work.
Nursing Director (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 31, 2017
The leadership at this organization have a knee jerk reaction to problem solving and conflict resolution. Lack cultural diversity. dismiss change management.
Long Gone
EOC Safety Officer, Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Stateline, NVSeptember 13, 2017
Have not been there in five years. When I worked there it was pretty good, but few of the management staff I worked with are still there. It seems the turn over of management staff has effectively been turned over to lower benefit obligations.
Not a bad place but could be better
RN (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 4, 2017
Movement within the department as far as staffing occurs frequently so you won't be long on a shift you don't like. However, the constant movement is a bad sign.
Great Hospital - Loved Working Here
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 31, 2017
Beautiful facility, wonderful executives with which I worked. Lots of extra-curricular activities to be a part of, including things that benefited the community.

Only left to relocate closer to family in CA.
Pros
Beautiful Facility, nice people
Long work history there
Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 10, 2017
I loved working for Carson Tahoe Health for many years in the Cancer Center. I will miss it. The opportunities are endless. You cant go wrong if you want to work for them.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Newly Corporate Redesigned Company that has no care for their community or their patients wellbeing
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NV 89706July 6, 2017
Was a great company to work for in the beginning but now that they have a newly redesigned corporate attitude the company has gone down hill. They lack respect or concerns for their patients and community. They care only about numbers and money signs instead of building trust and showing compassion and care to the patients that fill their all too greedy pockets. The company is discriminatory towards multiple employees and preferences and will ensure that these unfortunate employees are let go wrongfully and then try to make them sign silence contracts to cover their wrong doing. Would not recommend this growing threat to our community to anyone and advise anyone possible to go to healthcare options other than this company.
Pros
There are other Healthcare options available in the area
Cons
Horrible Patient Care and no respect or commitment to their employees
I certainly like working at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services.
Psychiatric Nurse (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 8, 2017
I have been working at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Service since April, 2015. I absolutely love my nursing jobs. Fortunately, I received my Family Nurse Practitioner degree last year. As a Family Nurse Practitioner I plan on bringing my dedication, knowledge, experience, and passion to the service of every patient and medical institution with whom I work. My ability to work under pressure and experience as a psychiatric nurse, registered nurse, and medical officer (MD, Bangladesh) will all benefit me greatly as a piece of the professional team I will someday be a part of.

I dislike about psychiatric nursing when I see some people come to the hospital so they can have their disability check and/or can avoid legal consequences when they are physically capable of work but truly lazy or they do want to get punishment of their wrong doing.
Pros
I certainly like working at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services, My passion is helping mentally ill person, Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services provide me that opportunity, The management team and staff members are wonderful, and willing to serve their max all the time
Cons
There are no cons as a psychiatric nurse at Carson Tahoe Behavioral Health Services, I truly love working here. Unfortunately, there is no position for Nurse Practitioner at CTBH.
Great Team, awesome opportunities
Emergency Department Nurse/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVMarch 31, 2017
Great environment. Very busy ER with a high throughput of patients. Everyone works together to get the goal accomplished. Working on improving our throughput by implementing new processes.
Productive and fun work place, learned a lot.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 16, 2017
I learned a lot about how to keep a sterile place. Has awesome coworkers, they were reasonable when emergencys came up, they would train you well for you to do a better job.
Pros
Learned a lot about the medical field.
Avoid this place
CT Technologist (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVJanuary 14, 2017
Worked there for several months as a CT Tech. Racist and sexist work environment. Management was informed and did nothing so I quit. Department is unorganized due to the people in charge. It is an unsafe place to work and is unsafe for the patients. No help to move patients, protocols in scanners are not built. The moral in the hospital is low, and it is not a positive place to be.
Pros
Pay better than renown. Cafeteria is awesome.
Cons
Racist, sexist, unsafe.
Management is AWFUL
Courier (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 30, 2016
The "Carson Tahoe way" IS A JOKE!!!!!
Management is a bunch of bullies and middle management is made up of a group of mean girls
If they don't like you they'll find a way to make your life miserable
Horrible, horrible place to spend 12 hours a day
I've been looking for a job ever since I started here, I see so many people come and go
I'm in constant fear of getting fired.....it SUCKS here
My immediate boss, CW, is a gossip and doesn't know the meaning of the word CONFIDENTIAL
She's been here way too long and has become
too comfortable in her position
She's threatened by anyone who works hard and makes her look bad
They need to see that CW is the reason for the poor moral and high turnover rate in her department
Pros
Starbucks 24 hours
Cons
Everything else about the place
Growing company striving for change and improvement in patient care.
Team lead/Triage/Emergency (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 26, 2016
Working in the emergency room, was extremely busy and a pursuit of non-stop patient flow. I have enjoyed learning a new role as "team leader" which is the role of an RN that fills in regularly as a temporary charge nurse. Our management was in constant pursuit of improvement in many areas such as patient flow to education for nurses. Most difficult part of the job was coming from facilities with higher levels of care, moving to another state to start a career in a different environment, although it was very rewarding to watch the department develop and participate in improvement. There have been many enjoyable aspect to the new job. Seeing team triage put in place and the improvement of patient care and throughput to expedite patient care.
Pros
Increasing education
Was good once upon a time
Imaging pawn (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 22, 2016
With some new management, and a lot of changes things have gone downhill very quickly. In the short time I have worked here our patient load has dramatically increased, with our staffing decreasing. Pleas for help go unheard. Comments made by management that we are well paid for what we do and that if we have a problem with it, they will find someone else. However this is completely false. New employees drop like flies. They refuse to listen to their staff causing a high turnover rate. The potential is there to be a great facility, but all suggestions fall on deaf ears.
Pros
Highest pay scale in area
Cons
Skeleton crew staffing, management
Best Healthcare System to work for in Northern Nevada
General Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVDecember 20, 2016
Carson Tahoe Health can be a crazy and dysfunctional workplace, but in general, it is not a mean-spirited or vindictive organizational culture, in contrast to its two major competitors in the area. Pay and benefits are not great, but are competitive with others in the region. The daily work is just like what one would expect in a mid-size urban hospital - really busy, with all the usual wards and departments handling patients and procedures. The hospital building is fairly new, and the facilities are nice in that regard.
Pros
Starbucks on campus
Cons
Busy, tight staffing, unpredictable schedules
Good place to work.
Cat Scan Technologist (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVOctober 22, 2016
I've worked for this company for over 5 years. The size of patient flow has increased dramatically over the past year. It's a good place to work with good benefits.
Has been a great employer
Charge RN (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 9, 2016
I have spent 21 years as an employee of this facility. Throughout the years there have, of course, been changes in management and expectations of nursing staff. While changes are necessary in the ever changing landscape of healthcare, Carson Tahoe Health has strived to provide the most professional and heartfelt care to not only it's patients but to staff as well.

I spent time in a management position and enjoyed the support provided by upper management. I have been allowed ample opportunities for growth in my career.

The group of nurses, physicians and ancillary staff with whom I work have become a family to me. In our unit we are very close-knit and with very exceptions have built a cohesive team passionate about patient care.

The hardest part of the job lies in the unknown element of such a unit. There is no set patient load as the nature of labor and delivery changes from minute to minute. Providing adequate staff for the unit during times of high patient census is the most challenging aspect of my job.
Pros
Wages and some of the benefits
great benefits, management going south though.
Registration Clerk II (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJune 14, 2015
I loved my job, however I just recently became temporarily handicapped and after my FMLA went back to find I had been displaced and put into a position that I can't do physically. NO Compassion for their employees!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carson Tahoe Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Carson Tahoe Health Reviews by Location