Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail Employee Reviews

lack of advancement and pay
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYSeptember 19, 2017
there wasnt any work/life balance. poor management. Lack of training and support with in store concerns. workloads were extremely heavy with no payroll to support , leaving a lot of work on the shoulders of the very few staff that was there.
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 14, 2017
I worked with a great manager. Great company to work for. When I filled in as manager, other store managers were very helpful. Loved the customers and getting to know regulars.
Too much confusion with work schedule
Warehouse Associate (Temp) (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 13, 2017
Only get a 2 day notice if you work past your work days and it is mandatory overtime. No equality in this workplace at all. Treated unfairly when your a new associate.
good place for first job
Sales (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CASeptember 12, 2017
As a sales associate you run the cashier, replenish floor merch and provide costumer service. I love the balanced environment, just not enough hours available .
Loved the job.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 4, 2017
Solid interaction with customers and their families. A connection is important, especially when it's such an important time in ones life! Always able to keep busy, with freight or tasking.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Management positions were more likely to be hired from outside of the company.
Great
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Culver City, CAAugust 28, 2017
Environment is great , stressful at times depending on your DM . They have good benefits for managers and good discount for employees. Can be tricky when HR gets involved.
Pros
Benefits for managers are great, good discount
Cons
Stressful with DM
Cute place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 28, 2017
This was my first job and it was perfect to an extent. I loved the clients, the atmosphere was nice, you could work with children and adults, and you dealt with baby clothes on a daily! Downfall is that at at Carters and Oshkosh you have call in shifts,. An hour before your shift you had to call and they would tell you if they needed you to come in or not. It sucked because on those days you could never make solid plans.
Pros
awesome enviornment
Cons
call ins
very stressful
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 28, 2017
its very stressful and its demands all employee to have customer service. there is always something to do in the sale floors or stockroom. benefits are not that great for part time employee
The worst company you can give your time to
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 26, 2017
In all my years working retail I've never seen anything like this. Little to no training and then your left on your own so your manager can take vacations. When you mess up in their absence your termination is the only result. They conviently keep you for 89 days so they don't have to pay out benefits and then let you go with no written warnings for making a mistake.
Easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIAugust 23, 2017
Mostly all the time just folding clothes, assisting customers, assorting the back area, assorting our donations, mainly just assorting. Not too bad, and not too hard
Great work environment with great staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 23, 2017
most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to satisfy the customers when they find exactly what they are looking for . for me the hardest part of the job is trying to understand some of our customers that are not from here and are just visiting.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 22, 2017
Carters Osh Kosh, is a fun and productive place to work at. Hours are somewhat okay. Assistant manager drama. Really don't like the far drive. My check is always gone by the second week.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Hours, pay, drama with employees
Great part time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford, MAAugust 16, 2017
Great company to work for, staff is usually good and etc but the only downside would be the hours you get a week which is maybe just about 10 hours a week
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not getting a lot of hours
Fun Place, but not enough hours of work and not enough pay for work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAAugust 10, 2017
I love working at carters osh kosh, the hours are flexible and can work around me going to college full time 14 hours per week, but the pay is low and hours depend on sales. I love the job but wish i had guaranteed hours
Learning Experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAAugust 9, 2017
I worked for the company for four years and I enjoyed my stay. The company knows how to take care of employees and motivates everyone to grow within. No employee ever left without kudos. Learned a lot about the product, and the quality of clothing is great and affordable prices.
Pros
Rewards Employees
An overall good place to work
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 8, 2017
I can say I've had more good experiences with this company than bad. No major problems or issues that would make me want to not come to work. District managers seem very nice, helpful, and encouraging. Basic company to work for. Discounts are nice. Easy and relaxed job (most of the time). Annoying customers here and there but that will be everywhere in retail. Communication between store manager and other employees can lack at various times. I sometimes feel as if I have to walk on eggshells when working with my store manager because she can be moody and rude at times. Not always the most encouraging as you would expect a store manger to be.
Pros
Good pay, easy job, discounts
Cons
Short breaks, miscommunication, unfairness
Nice coworkers and fun to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 8, 2017
Typical I work the cash register, recover the store, put out shipment, and when closing do the store cleaning. The managers are nice and I get about 12-18 hours a week which is decent for part-time schedule.
They are big on customer service and making sure the customer taken care of. Most enjoyable part is seeing all the super cute baby's!
Pros
Fun, easy
Cons
Dealing with young kids screaming and making mess
Productive workforce, great environment, heavy workload
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 31, 2017
Great company to work for, but no work life balance. Extreme work load with minimal payroll to complete. Great district manager and store management team.
Pros
Great employee discount
Cons
No work life balance
Best Job I've Had So Far!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Branch, MNJuly 27, 2017
Everyone is so friendly, it is like we are all a family. I am able to speak to my managers about any problems that I am having, whether they are professional or personal. It feels like they truly appreciate all of their employees.
Management not so nice
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 23, 2017
I was hired on as a sales associate and I enjoyed it at first but the store manager has every unpredictable moods swings. She would create an environment where I felt like I had to walk on egg shells and that would make me have anixety about coming to work. Her rude comments to me and others and overall unfair treatment made me resign and many others like me. I wouldn't recommend working at the Arundal mills location in Maryland. It has scared my entire perspection of the organization.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Limited hours, heavy workload, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter's | OshKosh B'gosh Retail. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval