CARTER'S RETAIL

CARTER'S RETAIL Employee Reviews

Unprofessional environment , lack of hours with lots of work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale FloridaMay 19, 2015
Pros: The kids
Cons: Poorly runned unstable company with poor management staff.
I do not want too bash this company, but I will be clear about how My experience working there was. I would start by saying if you are not buddy's with the store manager or district manager you will not survive. This company lacks in hours, professionalism and overall respect. You are not valued for your hard work. There's a lot that you can learn from this company, but that comes with a lot of headaches. Best part of the job where the kids! I enjoyed all the smart and beautiful kids that would walk in the store and put a smile on my face.
Worst place ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LaMay 17, 2015
Pros: Its a job
Cons: management, poor pay raise
i was promised and guaranteed plenty of lies. very disrespectful management team. Nothing is confidential and they tend to harass people about working on their off days
Company does not value employees, no structure.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale/ MiamiMay 16, 2015
Pros: Nobody supervises you D.M. is all Managers Bff
Cons: No company values, no structure.
D.M. and Managers are very close friends, they share there every day life personal experiences. If you are not willing to put your personal business out for them to judge and gossip then you don't belong in their circle . They company allows District Managers to treat people like garbage and does nothing. It's almost like if they had no H.R. Department. The company also changes their coupon policy every 6 months making it impossible for you to give the customer or bulk buyer a direct answer when it comes to discounts and rewards. Manager turnover is very high nobody likes to work for wishy washy District managers and a company that can't seem to make decisions and stick to them.
do not work here!
sales associate (Current Employee), highway 151, San Antonio, TxMay 12, 2015
Pros: 25% discount
Cons: No hours, no breaks
Do not work at carters. They literally give you a day of working 4hrs shift and the rest you're "on call" most of the times that you're on call you they don't need you so you're only getting 4hrs for the entire week.
And they tell you if you don't sign people up for the rewards, you won't get hours. Trust me, you won't have a social life because you will be waiting for them to let you know if you have to go into work that day. Not woth it..
You also don't get any breaks if you're not a minor and constantly be told to getting people to sign up for their rewards.
Don't waste you're time working for a company that gives you 4hrs a week.
I love working here!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Boise, IDMarch 3, 2015
Pros: friendly staff, great managers
Cons: very little hours
At first I was nervous because I started with barely any hours, but luckily I have an open schedule and I am fine with covering anyone that needs it and being called in last minute. So I've ended up getting almost full part time hours. Obviously if you need at least 20 hours a week, guaranteed then this isn't for you. But if you looking for a second job or some extra money while you're in school then it's perfect. They are very flexible and my managers are very considerate of your personal life, like spending time with your spouse and family. They are fun and they better you in a good way. I enjoy everyday I have to work and look forward to going.
DO NOT WORK HERE!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Slidell, LAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: a pay check every two weeks
Cons: tension
If you like working with immature, irresponsible, back stabbing people... work here. The pay is iffy, the hours are few, and the management is a JOKE! This store has a high turn over rate, so even if you are hired, you wont be there long.
bad place
management (Former Employee), CaliforniaJanuary 14, 2015
Worst place to work... dont apply trust me..you will hate it
fun work place but has its days
sales associate (Current Employee), spring valley nyJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free snacks occassionally, friendly enviroment
Cons: poor hours, iffy pay
Its a very nice place to work since they cater for the children, the managers are friendly fun but keeps u on your toes, they will praise u for your hard work corrects you when your wrong, the hours are poor but the pay is inbetween good and bad..the downside of it would be the hours and some of the customers b ut thats to be expected in any occupation. That said the co workers are very nice and friendly and they help each other out went its needed.
fun but iffy
seasonal sales associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 8, 2014
Pros: pay, kept busy
Cons: not so nice managers/co workers, poor hours
I was seasonal here and it was fun working and meeting people. But at the same time, some coworkers, including managers, weren't so nice. Felt kinda degraded at times. Not many hours but you were kept very busy. I love kids, so I thought this would be a great retail to work at. You dont get applaud for hard work, but talked to for few mistakes that you do. Aside from all the negative, there were possitives like some what ok pay, and some coworkers were nice.
Bad Work Inviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILSeptember 21, 2014
Poor Managment , lack of hours & respect . doesnt pay right. And Assistant Manager If Is very racist . I Wouldnt Recommend that job to any i quit after a month due to disrespect.
Productive and fun to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2014
Pros: great hours
Cons: no healthcare and it was seasonal
Great and nice environment!! Management were great and I did work lots of hours.
Learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Locust Grove, GAFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: management/co workers
I loved working at Carter's Retail. I had a very good management team and enjoyed the atmosphere I worked in. My co workers were awesome and I couldn't have been happier working with them. The most enjoyable part of my day was helping grandparents all the time. They are so sweet and just loved all the products we had to offer.
A typical day at work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Davie, FLDecember 13, 2012
Pros: discounts
Cons: employees
A typical day at Carter's consisted of helping customers find what they were looking for and me providing them with the correct sizes they needed. What I learned while I was at Carter's was how to manage, become responsible, handle money, and help the guest leave with a smile on their face. My management here at Carter's was good but I feel it could have had some improvement, but as an overall look at my co-workers they were very nice and hard working. The hardest part about my job was that I was a young supervisor and some of the employees that I over saw were older than me. The most enjoyable part of my job I must say were all the babies that came in and out of the store.
Cashier
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTSeptember 11, 2012
Pros: no hours, not enough pay and they didnt want to work around my school hours.
Cons: get to work with people
Cash out customers, rearrange the store with new merchandise, keep the store clean and organized.

About CARTER'S RETAIL

Carter Retail Equipment Ltd is a member of Carter Thermal Industries, a privately owned group of companies established in Birmingham, – Read more

CARTER'S RETAIL Salaries