CARTER BLOODCARE

CARTER BLOODCARE Employer Reviews

fun but management has got worse.
PHLEBOTOMIST II (Former Employee), bedford,txSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: i save lifes everyday
Cons: random work hours
I overall liked this job, I learned how to talk to a lot of different people ,most days are fun, the hardest part about this job is the people and current management that's there.
I wouldnt allow my worst enemy to work here!!!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), HEBAugust 20, 2014
Pros: it will pay some of the bills until they fire you without a valid reason
Cons: everything!!!!
RUN!.. RUN!.. RUN!..
Don't believe the hype about a good place to work with the chance of advancing in the company its all lies. 2 1/2 years of working there i was always on time, i stayed late came in early and even worked at other centers when they need help and my stats were always on point (99% or better). I was given ever excuse under the sun as to why i wasnt chosen to move up or transfer. It was evident that this was not the job for me.
Easy Going
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Bedford, TXAugust 18, 2014
Carter Bloodcare is mostly easy going. Like any place it has its good days and bad days. Co-workers are easy to get along with.
Horrible work enviroment
Phleb 1 (Former Employee), no commenyAugust 5, 2014
Cons: ins premiums way too high, pay too low, no family work balance, truthfullness of what the ops coordinator tells you
Was told when I was hired, I would get 1 weekend a month off, That never happened. The phleb 2 made all our schedules and duty roster for the day, If the supervisor was not there, she and the other phleb 2 made sure they stayed in the office most if the day playing on their phone or the computer, on a very busy saturday, there were blood bags sitting on the counter while the rest of us were with donors, the phleb 2 was standing at the computer just watching us instead of sealing the bags and putting them away. This is not a job that promotes team work like they say they do. It is more of you do what I tell you, while I sit around and earn my check while you all do the work and I can play kind of job. If you are a new phleb to a center, you better hope you getting a good group of people, because the ones I worked with are not welcoming to the new team member. And don't be expected to be paid for experience, $12.05 an hr is not experienced pay. This place was a joke, from all that was said to me. I now understand why there is such a high turnover for phlebs. This place is nothing but a lie.
Fun Place To Donate Blood & Work There
Payroll & Timekeeping Clerk (Current Employee), Bedford, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: customer focus/i like cbc // all about one team= one goal
Cons: no comment
*Managing My Time
* Working With Great Minds
Wonderful Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Bedford, TXJuly 22, 2014
great place to work!! upper management cares about their employees hours are unstable but over all great place to work.
Very fun place to work
Recruiter (Former Employee), Bedford TxJuly 22, 2014
I enjoyed working with co workers at Carter Bloodcare.
I truely enjoyed speaking with blood donors regarding their appointed time to come for donations.
Company allowed staff to be part in helping the medical safety of the community
Manager, Tele-Recruitment (Former Employee), Bedford, TXJune 26, 2014
Pros: great organization with a great mission
Cons: lack of mentoring and development for all employees
Daily, I would run statistics from the previous days agent activity. Using the data, develop a plan for mentoring and monitoring staff with the purpose of improving production and meeting the corporate recruitment goals.
With a strong emphasis on Lean / Six Sigma, we learned to evaluate daily production related to designed goals and the hour by hour production results.
Direct management was focused on meeting all goals, at all times for all the company objectives assigned to the department. This focus more than often removed the human aspect of the position resulting in treating the staff as a number, rather than a person attempting to do the best possible job.
The majority of co-workers were very helpful and concerned with doing the best job possible.
Having to let people, staff, that were truly attempting to perform to the best of their ability go from the company.
Working, training, and mentoring staff and seeing them make the connection to their efforts and the desired results.
Super easy job
Tele-recruiter (Former Employee), bedford,TexasMay 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, great management
This job was one of the easiest jobs that I have obtained, the managers were very knowledgeable and were there to help when you needed it. I learned a lot from this job because it was my first call center job. I learned how to sound on the phone and take care of my customers properly. The hardest part of this job was nothing. You come in and do your work and leave. This is not the type of job where you take it home with you. My co-works were extremely nice and caring, the atmosphere was a lot quieter than most places I have worked at, but that was peaceful while on the phone with customers.
UNFAIR MANAGMENT
TELE RECRUITMENT (Former Employee), BEDFORD TXMay 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: favoritism/ unprofessional communication
I WAS EMPLOYEED HERE IN TELERECRUITMENT DEPT. WAS MICRO- MANAGED, CONSISTENTLY TOLD I WAS TEMPORARY AND INSULTED ALMOST EVERY DAY BY MY MANAGER. HE WAS RUDE WHEN HE THOUGHT HE WAS FUNNY.HE TOLD ME I WAS ON "CRACK" HOW UNPROFESSIONAL! THEN LIED TO MY TEMP AGENCY AS TO WHY I WAS LET GO. HE SAID I DIDNT MEET QUOTA AND I EXCEEDED THEIR QUOTA EVERYDAY, THAT I HAD ATTENDANCE ISSUES BUT YET HE SIGNED MY TIME CARD FOR 40 HRS A WEEK. HE ALSO TOLD THEM I MADE PERSONAL CALLS WHICH WAS A LIE ANOTHER EMPLOYEE CALLED ME! PLUS THERE PERMENANT EMPLOYEES MADE PERSONAL CALL ALL DAY AROUND ME. THEY WERE VERY UNPROFESSIONL IN SPEAKING TO THE EMPLOYEES AND I WOULD NOT RECCOMEND THE ENVIORNMENT TO ANY ONE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE TREATED UNFAIRLY BECAUSE OF HOW YOU ARE EMPLOYEED WITH THEM.
Excellent
Training and Education Specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 10, 2014
Pros: freedom to be creative
I had a wonderful 20 year career at CBC. I worked in various areas including therapeutic apheresis, Training and Education and educational opportunity development.
One Word - HORRIBLE!
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee), Bedford, TX (HEB)February 14, 2014
Pros: donor relationships
Cons: management, the company itself, pay, hours, etc.
I was hired on to work here under the impression I would be quickly moved up to a Phlebotomist 2 position after my initial 90 day period. That was a complete lie. My Operations Coordinator is, hands down, the WORST manager I have ever had to work under. The Site Supervisor is just as bad but tolerable. The hours are long and monotonous. You work every Saturday, all day and if you request a weekend off, it's usually denied because Verna thinks you don't deserve a weekend off - people shouldn't have lives outside of Carter. There is absolutely no teamwork at the HEB center. Favoritism runs wild throughout the center. Don't expect the Site Supervisor or the Phlebotimist 2's to speak to you either. There are probably 2 people out of the 10 that work there that will say hello in the mornings or when they see you - the people are in charge are not among those 2. It's really sad how poorly run this company is. From Corporate down to the donor centers, there is absolutely no appreciation, no teamwork, not even constructive criticism. It's always negative. The pay is the lowest in the 'medical field' and Carter is proud of that because they don't give raises or incentives. If I had known these things before I accepted this offer, I would have run full speed in the opposite direction. Carter is not about 'Saving lives by making transfusion possible' as their motto states. They are about making money by any means necessary. Please pay attention to the negative reviews on here, they aren't just soured employees. These people are telling the truth. This is not a company you will be proud to work for.
My Summary
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee), Plano, TXDecember 1, 2013
Fairly easy job, regulated by the FDA with complex rules & regulations, but overall the feeling of community outreach trumps all.
good job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Tyler, TXNovember 20, 2013
very good company to work for, very good benefits and there is lots of room for advancement within the company and room to make a lot of money!!
Low Moral but a good cause
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Bedford, TXOctober 14, 2013
I started with this company in 2006 with very high hopes of retiring here. Over the past 7 years many things have changed that have changed my mind. This company, I feel could use a lot more help with their management teams. If a director has never been trained on how to direct, how are they suppose to direct their managers to direct their staff? I feel instead of focusing on who made the mistake and pointing the finger, they could benefit more by doing more research on how the process became broken and come together to fix the breakdown and remain consistent and follow-up. Talk to the employees and not at them. Try to show that they are humans with compassion and let the policies put in place do their jobs. If your not going to bend the rules for all then don't do it for any. Don't get me wrong, overall it is an okay company to work for considering the business they represent, they just aren't very family oriented, to me.
Work on team and no mistake
Mobile Staging (Former Employee), Bedford, TXOctober 14, 2013
A typical day start at 4 am and done at 3 pm. Work on team is what you learn first. Co-workers take care care each others to be sure everything is done at end of the day. The hardest part is when we work 2 or 3 high schools collection on the same day but because we work together we can do a great job. I enjoy the end of the day when everything is done with out mistakes.
A good place to work especially if you are looking for stability and longevity.
Special Events Planner (Current Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 2, 2013
Really enjoy my job. I've learned a lot about the blood banking industry. It's much, much more than people think. I work in a really fun department with lots of creative people.
Good Experience
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2013
This is a very good company to gain experience from.The donors are great to be around.Really good people environment
Save lives by making transfusion possible
collections (Current Employee), Bedford, TXMay 1, 2013
Pros: scrub reimbursement, safe driver award $, trip pay, 401k
Cons: no comment
Long days, great opportunities to learn - just not advance at a certain point in your career. Family environment.
not dedicated to employers
Tele-Recruiter (Current Employee), Bedford, TXApril 24, 2013
Pros: incentives when you get one
Cons: short breaks and micro management
A typical day is basically just sit and call donors with no interaction with co-workers. I have learned that in my department that there is no compassion for the front line people. The management staff in my area is horrible and are two faced. My co-workers take after management. The hardest part is trying to get past donors to come in after they have had a bad experience and they never received a follow up. The incentives when you receive them.