Carter Bloodcare Employee Reviews

My most favorite!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 10, 2017
I loved working for Carter. I learned so much from a dedicated and knowledgable team. I worked with very caring and hardworking people and had an overall wonderful experience working for and alongside these people.
Great Mission
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXApril 3, 2017
Working for a non-profit organization with likeminded individuals creates an atmosphere that is cohesive and life-changing for those who need our services.
Pros
I make a difference in familes lifes by what I do - making tranfustions possible.
Cons
work life balance can be a challenge at times.
Lifesaver company
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford TX USAMarch 8, 2017
Productive, life saver full of fun.
i learned a lot of skills while working there and I met a lot of people.
I also learned a lot of management skills, we had classes coming almost 3 times in 6 months. my workmates were friendly. I liked every part of my job..
Pros
Free pizza and good hour
Leadership is Key
Donor Advocate Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 7, 2017
This companies management department lacks leadership to give to its employees along with unmeasured unprofessionalism.
Fun interesting work with some great people
Administrative Assistant. Distribution (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 1, 2017
Take orders via phone/fax from hospitals for blood and blood products. Pulled and packed orders then delivered to hospital labs.
Pros
Benefits, fun and great people
Cons
So concerned about getting people to donate sometimes at expense of employees.
A rewarding job with stressful managment
Phlebotomist 1 (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed working at Carter bloodcare due to the importance of the job and the nicer donors. It was a very rewarding job but you are not appreciated for your work. I worked very hard at the donor center to make sure my donations were successful and my donors were happy so they would come back. Carter bloodcare management really focuses on numbers and makes even the hardest working employee feel insufficient due to situations out of their control.
most enjoyable part of the job
Phlebotomist 1 (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXDecember 2, 2016
The company itself is a good company to work for. Has decent pay and you will get well over 40 hours a week. The best part of the job is meeting new people and learning their story. Also the traveling around Texas can be fun. The downfall is there is not much time for your family.
Pros
interaction with new people
Cons
family time
Execellent values
Executive Administrative Assistant to CIO (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXNovember 22, 2016
This company has a wonderful mission. Although my placement was temporary, I would have loved to stay. The advancement opportunities were vast. The employees of Information Technology were very knowledgeable.
Pros
Cons
Temporary position
Good company to work for.
Accounts Receivable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 6, 2016
It was a great job. It kept me challenged & fulfilled. I was able to implement new billing procedures, worked with several Directors, had an outstanding relationship with the hospitals and was overall a wonderful experience.
Na
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 22, 2016
Good place to work but no family time because the work hours are anything from 4am to midnight must be able to work weekends and when requested days off they get denied 😔
I couldn't be happier
N/A (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 22, 2016
When you finally find a job, that turns into your career; it is life changing. I've heard some negativity about this company, but I'm guessing those people are starting to leave the company. I am happy every day I come to work. My opinion is welcomed by my management team, and HR. They really listen. We involve the employees in the decision making process when applicable. I save lives every day, and it's so rewarding!
Pros
Employee involvement, group activites
Cons
Scheduling
Stay Away
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 21, 2016
Working for Carter was THE worst year and a half of my life that I wont get back. Their policies are so bass ackwards. If you're the type of person that doesn't take anything from anybody and doesn't hesitate to voice your opinion about things, you get put on a hit list. You can be one of the best phlebotomists they have, meet your numbers/goals, and no one gives any recognition. The minute you don't meet them you're interrogated. You can't trust anybody because snitches are everywhere. It's like you have to be a special kind of stupid to work for this company. People are petty. Even if your supervisor is wrong & higher ups agree, you're still the one that gets in trouble. Employees can get caught having (you know what) in the coach vans during a blood drive MULTIPLE TIMES & get a slap on the wrist but have a voice & speak up, you get fired. Everybody is drama filled & messy at the corporate office. There isn't a day that goes by without some mess popping up. That company is filled with THE MOST corrupt people, including the CEO. So many bad things has happened within the company and they just get paid off to keep their mouths shut. Whatever you do, please stay away for your own good.
Poor management
Phlebotomist 4 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2016
If you have children and if you have a life outside of work and is family oriented, please do not apply. They do not care if you are sick or if you have an emergency. If you voice your concerns you will be told you are being negative. Some people on the management team give you a hard time about taking time off. Inconsiderate of your time with children and family. The hours worked take up majority of your life. Even the donors are noticing how the company is treating the employees and they are not happy about it at all. I enjoy what I do, my coworkers are great and I love the donors. But the company overall, not so much. If they actually listen to their employees' concerns and cared more then it will be a great company to work for.
Pros
coworkers and donors
Cons
poor management
Great company, well run, good pay, hours a little crazy
Mobile collections phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 14, 2016
Great job, would recommend to anyone wanting a different environment everyday, challenges, different types of experience.
teachable workplace, great experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 4, 2016
A typical day there is based on goals and #'s. It's fun and hectic at the sometime because of the purpose of the job, which is helping to save lives and I loved it. I learned that there are so many people in the world that is in need of something as simple as blood and live is so much important than all the other things people complain about.
Pros
Seeing the different parts of TX
Cons
Down time in the holiday seasons
drama
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 5, 2016
Under payed and not family oriented. Compensation is not worth it. Good for experience and that is all. Not a carrier company.
very nice place to work
Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 29, 2016
It is like a home away from home, my co-workers have been with the company for many years and we know it other pretty well. We all get along and have a laid back work environment.
Pros
co-workers are friends
Cons
some days are not as busy as should be
Great place
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at carter. I loved helping saving peoples lives. I loved my co workers. The hardest part of the job was you had no set schedule, it varied every two weeks and could vary the day if the drive canceled. The managements was geat as well. The hardest part of the job was freezing temps in the bus,
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no set schedule
Good place to work.
Mobile Collections Phlebotomist II (2008) (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 17, 2015
Good place to work for someone that doesn't have small children or if you are just starting a career in phlebotomy. Great place to get experience.
Pros
Meet a lot of different people
Cons
Terrible work hours
Stressful workplace and poor management
Tele-Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 8, 2015
I absolutely love the people I work with, however, the management is a different story. You are only able to advance in our position based on how many years you work there and the few full time employees have been there between 5-14 years. They constantly hire temps which make the workplace a lot harder to manage when temps are taking advantage of the fact that they aren't properly trained.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Benefits, 10 hour work days, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Bloodcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5