Carter Bloodcare Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
Phlebotomist 4 (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 16, 2016
If you have children and if you have a life outside of work and is family oriented, please do not apply. They do not care if you are sick or if you have an emergency. If you voice your concerns you will be told you are being negative. Some people on the management team give you a hard time about taking time off. Inconsiderate of your time with children and family. The hours worked take up majority of your life. Even the donors are noticing how the company is treating the employees and they are not happy about it at all. I enjoy what I do, my coworkers are great and I love the donors. But the company overall, not so much. If they actually listen to their employees' concerns and cared more then it will be a great company to work for.
Pros
coworkers and donors
Cons
poor management
Great company, well run, good pay, hours a little crazy
Mobile collections phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 14, 2016
Great job, would recommend to anyone wanting a different environment everyday, challenges, different types of experience.
teachable workplace, great experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 4, 2016
A typical day there is based on goals and #'s. It's fun and hectic at the sometime because of the purpose of the job, which is helping to save lives and I loved it. I learned that there are so many people in the world that is in need of something as simple as blood and live is so much important than all the other things people complain about.
Pros
Seeing the different parts of TX
Cons
Down time in the holiday seasons
drama
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Allen, TXApril 5, 2016
Under payed and not family oriented. Compensation is not worth it. Good for experience and that is all. Not a carrier company.
Great place
Mobile Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 30, 2016
I enjoyed working at carter. I loved helping saving peoples lives. I loved my co workers. The hardest part of the job was you had no set schedule, it varied every two weeks and could vary the day if the drive canceled. The managements was geat as well. The hardest part of the job was freezing temps in the bus,
Pros
meeting people
Cons
no set schedule
Good place to work.
Mobile Collections Phlebotomist II (2008) (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 17, 2015
Good place to work for someone that doesn't have small children or if you are just starting a career in phlebotomy. Great place to get experience.
Pros
Meet a lot of different people
Cons
Terrible work hours
Stressful workplace and poor management
Tele-Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXOctober 8, 2015
I absolutely love the people I work with, however, the management is a different story. You are only able to advance in our position based on how many years you work there and the few full time employees have been there between 5-14 years. They constantly hire temps which make the workplace a lot harder to manage when temps are taking advantage of the fact that they aren't properly trained.
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Benefits, 10 hour work days, poor management
Productive and Friendly envirnment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 7, 2015
Supportive management. They were very helpful and kind hearted.
Friendly Staff Great team enviornment and friendly place to work.
Good working environment. I was very happy at Carter BloodCare
Slow and Fast paced environment
Phlebotomist I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Overall my experience Carter BloodCare showed me to freely interact with perfect strangers and use care giving to make a difference.
The negatives outweigh the positives, ten-fold!
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXAugust 16, 2015
I really like what Carter BloodCare stands for and that it really helps people in the community, but as a phlebotomist in mobile collections we are treated like dirty gum on the shoes of the management. The work is very physical: unloading vans, lifting too heavy equipment, setting up, sticking/screening for 8 hours, then breaking everything down, reloading the vans, driving back to center. The hours are long, 10-12 hours! When I'm scheduled for an 8 hour day, I feel like it's a short day. Sometimes if you're lucky you get an actual 30 minute lunch break, but don't always count on that. Management has the weird managing style where they try to make you fear you're going to lose your job. No cell phones allowed for mobile employees, no eating in the breakroom before going out on a drive and don't even think about trying to get time off. This is a great place to work to get experience but don't get stuck here. Get the experience you need and get the heck out!
Pros
Amazing coworkers!
Cons
Management is a joke, PTO is terrible, morale is low

Want to know more about Carter Bloodcare?

Ask a question
Good Cause, Bad Management
Field Donor Recruiter (Current Employee) –  EulessAugust 11, 2015
No training whatsoever. Sink or Swim here.

Management has no insight and no desire to obtain insight.

The blood banking industry is changing and old management is not changing enough.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, managed my own calendar
Cons
responsible for the many mistakes that were not my own
good entry lvl job but not something to live off of.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 22, 2015
we work long hours and sometimes do not have time to eat lunch. In the summer and winter we are lucky to get at least 32 hours. during school seasons we can work up to 50 hr weeks with 12 hour days. I love being able to travel and go to different places everyday. but the management we have out weigh the benefit to the job. they make changes to our process to make it "better" for us but it makes it so much harder. they are not out in the field to see how it affects us. we have a saying that if it makes sense carter doesn't do it. we also did not get a raise because of budget cuts and we had a large lay off. your only allowed to have 12 occurrences (absent or being late) and only fall off the day you get it. Bad for parents.
Pros
travel everyday, bonuses for working after hours and weekends.
Cons
no set days off, bad management, short lunches, few allowed absentses
Good place to work with good benefits
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 4, 2015
I have enjoyed working at Carter. The company has excellent benefits and I have had the opportunity to grow and learn many new things since I have been employed here. Management strives to allow for personal needs for time off ect. and each month they have a birthday day and everybody is included to celebrate. Gives the employees something to look forward to and feel special that their day is acknowledged.
Pros
Great insurance and benefits
Fun job with flexibility
Phlebotomist II/ Auditor (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 10, 2015
A typical day at work I punch in and get to work, I sort all my paperwork, reveiw every sheet and makes sure everything is complete and correct, and free of errors. Management is great, they let you go at your own pace, and they are their to help and support you not nag at you. The hardest part about my job is making sure I don't let paperwork slip through that should be on hold, we are working with blood so we have to make sure everything is clean and clear and acceptable to go out to patients. I love my job because it is work at your own pace, the management encourages you to become more and do more, so they want you to go to school and be something better, they are very uplifting and actually care about you.
Pros
Work at your own pace, able to do homework, watch netflix and listen to music
Not much chance of advancement and management could use interpersonnell classes
Quality Assurance/Process Improvement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXMay 13, 2015
Carter is very professional at handling outside vendors, regulators, and guest. They are very proud of the establishment that was built as they should be for the most part things run smoothly at Carter however management can precipitate themselves at how they deal with their employees perhaps because have been there for 10 plus years but management could improve on how they handle and deal with the work force.
Pros
good benefits, great HRM, Amazing CEO
Cons
Management(middle) supervisors, managers, some directors
Great place to grow.
Phlebotomist I (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXMarch 28, 2015
On the job training provides a great opportunity to grow in the medical field. Everyone is very friendly and will help if needed. It is very professional with the management.
Important to me that I contribute to the big picture of saving lives.
Blood Component Courier (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Tx (corporate)March 5, 2015
Arrive at work, inspect the van, check schedule for that day, reveiew routes that will be taken during the day; determine amount of blood coolers needed to deliver to donor centers, call donor centers to see if they need additional supplies; conduct pick up, take mail if any, and return to center; management is direct with their instructions, allows me to improvise on schedule decisions if needed asl long as i consult with management, talk to everyone of my co-workers everyday for just a short period of time (relative to work and social); the hardest part of the job is Traffic Stress-you never know what you are going to encounter on the road, i enjoy being a part of the whole picture of our mission--saving lives through blood transfusion, although my part may not be as significant as other personnel, i know i have contributed to the complete mission of saving lives with my small contribution.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
work late evenings
company losing business
mobile staging tech (Former Employee) –  woodway,TexasFebruary 3, 2015
I worked at Carter for six month.During that time there were a lot of managerial changes.At the end of my time i was laid off including alot of other employees.
great coworkers
Mobile Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodway, TXFebruary 2, 2015
coworkers were the best
management was very poor
trying to get the tools to do your job was a hassle
benefits were very expensive for a family
Pros
good pay
Cons
not room for advancement
A day on the job.
Phlebotomist/Medical Historian (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 12, 2014
A typical day at work for me would be a very fast pace envoriment working with patients verbally and hands-on.
The hardest part of the day is with the flow slows down and we are only seeing 10 patients at a time.
The most enjoyable part of the day is making other feel happy and making time worth while.
I love my co workers we all work together as a team to get the job done.