This role supports the company by performing installations, testing, repair, inspection and
maintenance of Alarm Systems, Video Surveillance equipment and Home Automation devices.
The Field Technician is responsible for field installation and repair services, while promoting the
best in class service to our customers and service partners.
- On-site residential installation and setup of security and home automation systems.
Installation will include setting up equipment/devices and testing. Service Events will
include appropriate customer tutorial for using the system.
- On-site residential repair of a Customer’s security and home automation systems.
May involve replacement of one or more connected devices, testing, and restoral of a
- Technicians will install and service equipment, set-up any required online configurations,
educate the customer on basic system operations (including online tools and smart phone
apps), and create customized solutions of additional products and features while working
on customer premises.
- Participates in the set up and configuration of wireless IP Networks, including router,
Controller Boards, Home Plug AV to Ethernet Adapter, Repeater, Keypad, Window/Door
Sensor, Motion Sensor, Glass Break Detector, Carbon Monoxide CO Detector, Smoke
Detector, and other devices (fastening in place with screws or bolts using hand tools and
- Confirms proper network performance of all devices installed. Operational Testing,
Verification and Acceptance. Works with customer to demonstrate system operation
and verify consistency with the contracted scope of work. Performs final inspection and
testing; assures customer acceptance; trains customers on system operations. Completes
and submits routine written reports.
- Prepares for installations by reviewing installation orders; gathering equipment, supplies,
and tools; coordinating schedules with customers. Plans installations by surveying and
evaluating location; identifying systems installation requirements; laying-out equipment
and wiring plan while adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
- Maintains safe and secure work environment by following safe practices; keeping
security information confidential.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Strong customer service skills. Good verbal and written communications skills. Able to
identify and communicate upsell opportunities in a professional manner.
- Skilled in PC, IPad, and Smart phone applications.
- Communicate daily or as assigned with management to ensure proper service event
- Provide reports to management regarding cost and expenses for field operations including
fuel consumption, overtime, cell phone, computer equipment and PDA usage.
- Miscellaneous projects and/or tasks as assigned.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical equipment and electronics.
- Must have working knowledge of alarm systems, CCTV, motion detectors, glass breaks,
wireless technology and other associated security equipment.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical documentation.
- Familiarity with appropriate test equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience in electronics or technical field a plus
- Current valid driver license
- Must be able to home dispatch
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Must possess excellent time-management skills
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with customers, peers, and all levels
- Must possess excellent critical and analytical thinking skills
- Proof of employment eligibility (No H1B Visa sponsorship)
- Licensing in Alarm, Fire, Burglar, HVAC, Electrical and/or Lock a plus