Full-time - Monday - Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Professional Service Coordinator will be responsible achieving census goals and sales quotas, and strengthening sales relationships. He/she will represent the Agency in a professional manner and effectively communicate with physicians, clients, clinicians and other employees.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
1. College degree preferred.
2. Must have a minimum of one year health-related patient care coordination; previous home health experience preferred.
3. Proven sales experience and demonstrate proficiency in meeting/exceeding sales targets, strongly preferred.
4. Ability to perform cold sales calls and “Ask for the order.”
5. Possesses excellent presentation skills.
6. Ability to travel as needed to meet with referral sources, patients and their families.
7. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
8. Efficient use of computer to include Windows, MS Word, Excel and e-mail. Able to type at least 25 words per minute.
9. Own a working home computer or laptop.
10. Possess excellent organizational and documenting skills
11. Possess time and task management skills to visit the appropriate number of prospects daily.
12. Willing and able to arrange schedule to accommodate client dinner meetings as needed.
13. Willing to assist with training new PSCs.
14. Dresses professionally and presents a professional image at all times.
15. A self-starter who can take directions and follow through effectively with little supervision.
16. Able and willing to work in a team environment.
17. Have ability to assimilate various types of information and make appropriate decisions.
18. Able to problem-solve in a win-win manner.
19. Completes Agency pre-employment requirements.
20. Must be a licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the Agency requirements; have proof of insurance.
3. Role model
5. Problem Solving
6. Time Management
7. Policies and Procedures
8. Creativity to Enhance Job Performance
9. Communication Skills
10. Job Proficiency
12. Responsive to Change
13. Customer Service
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
Responsibilities of the Professional Services Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Conducts daily in-person visits and activities to meet/exceed the census goals.
2. Prospects the territory to expand Carter Healthcare’s referral base.
3. Evaluates the territory and competition for opportunities improve our marketing program.
4. Cultivates and maintains relationships with referral sources that include physicians and their staff and hospital discharge planners and social workers – which may include after hours functions.
5. Recommends tactics and strategy adjustments to meet/exceed census goals.
6. Maintains a current working knowledge of the Medicare regulations and guidelines.
7. Understands and effectively communicates federal and state regulations that affect the homecare patient.
8. Coordinates patient care activities to include discussions of what is and is not available via the Medicare home health benefit with patients and referral sources.
9. Conducts educational activities in the community to include speaking engagements regarding Medicare home health benefits for recipients, flu shot administration, advance directives, how to choose an Agency. etc.
10. Understands what is required by JCAHO for a patient to be admitted and discharged from a homecare Agency.
11. Participates in continuing education programs, bi-weekly patient care coordination events and weekly multi-disciplinary team meetings.
12. Researches and develops new programs and services in conjunction with other PSCs based on the needs of the communities served.
13. Understands Agency policies and procedures regarding admission and discharge of the homecare patient.
14. Researches & resolves in a timely manner all concerns or complaints reported by referral sources.
15. Presents Agency options and information effectively to garner referrals
16. Thoroughly familiar with and able to implement the problem solving process.
17. Conforms to the dress code policy.
18. Consistently establishes and reinforces networking relationships, finding and developing opportunities to inform individuals or organizations about the Agency, our products and services.
19. Consistently follows up appropriately with referral sources, patients, etc., to assure services are understood and being delivered per their needs.
20. Represents the Agency within the community through memberships, committee assignments and consultations.
21. Is a successful closer who uses communication skills and business acumen to complete business agreements with customers.
22. Consistently improves or enhances sales and administrative skills:
23. Manages sales territory and time effectively.
24. “Knows the competition” and applies that knowledge effectively.
25. Understands the 90-day probationary period.
26. Is a continuous learner willing to gain new information or try new approaches to secure business.