FULL-TIME POSITION: YOUNGSTOWN, OH
1. Graduated from an accredited school of nursing; licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio; B.S. preferred.
2. Home care experience preferred.
3. Minimum of two (2) years nursing experience preferred.
4. Competency Requirements
-proficient at venipuncture/phlebotomy
-infusion therapy including intravenous medication administration
-port/access device care
-basic rehabilitation therapy
5. Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance and DME regulations, JCAHO, DHS, local state and federal regulations. Broad knowledge of principles of nursing and rehab home health and their application.
6. Previous Case Management experience preferred
7. Ability to work collaboratively and build a multidisciplinary professional team.
8. Ability to provide an organized, efficient approach to caseload management.
9. Good teaching skills.
10. Ability to demonstrate understanding and support of agency policies, legal considerations and professional ethics.
11. Possesses and maintains good physical and mental health. Presents a pre-employment health clearance, including a negative TB skin test and/or negative chest x-ray and other tests required
by the Agency (i.e. negative drug screen).
12. Computer literate with working knowledge of Windows/MS Office applications. Able to type at least 25 words per minute.
13. Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the Agency requirements; have proof of insurance.
14. Willing to be on call as assigned.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Develops a holistic, multi-disciplinary Plan of Care utilizing Clinical Pathway Practice Model. Has 24-hour accountability for the coordination of care, implementation of physicians’ orders, and provision of care from admission to discharge. Provides clinical supervision to the members of the Case Management Team (i.e., CHHA, RN, LPN, student). Responsible for providing care and documenting it in a comprehensive, competent and thorough manner. Available to work variable hours as necessary to meet the client care requirements.
3. Role Model
5. Problem Solving
6. Time Management
7. Policies and Procedures
9. Communication Skills
10. Job Proficiency
12. Response to Change
13. Customer Service
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
1. Provides or makes provision for client care in compliance with Nurse Practice Act, physicians’ orders, and Clinical Pathways.
1. Manages individual clients’ multi-disciplinary needs.
2. Provides client education in compliance with Clinical Pathways.
3. Communicates necessary information to other members of the health care team.
4. Documents all care in reimbursable and professional terminology.
5. Collaborates with other home care professionals and paraprofessionals.
6. Participates in organizational committees and performs additional tasks as identified.
7. Adheres to policies and work rules.
8. Demonstrates high degree of commitment to targeted customer groups.
9. Field visits as requested.
10. Chart audits as requested.
Driving or riding in a motor vehicle.
Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching and stretching.
Lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 325 pounds utilizing an assistive device.
Office environment but flexible with travel for field visits, including weekends. This is a responsible and relatively complex position involving exercise of independent judgment, tact, technical knowledge and skill, and initiative. Work is not directly supervised. Exposed daily to routine driving hazards and weather conditions. Position does expose incumbent to uncontrolled environments (community activity, travel activities). Although Agency policies and procedures exist designed to educate the incumbent and to minimize the risks, occupational exposures are inherent to this position during visits to facilities (blood borne pathogens, air-borne pathogens, etc.).