Looking for Fulltime Registered Nurse Clinical Coordinator/ Director of Nursing
M-F 8:00am-5:00pm, Salary plus Benefits
APPLY ONLINE http://www.chcareer.com
Carter Healthcare and Hospice is about helping people stay in the comfort of their homes while receiving dependable quality healthcare. Carter Healthcare, Inc believes that our employees are the key to our success. Carter takes pride in recruiting the best talent available for our business. Carter Healthcare is about providing the best patient care. Our staff and entrepreneurial spirit has enabled us to grow from one office to 18 offices in Oklahoma and expand into Texas, Ohio and Pennsylvania and Florida . Carter Healthcare, Inc has become one of the most successful Home Health agencies in just over 20 years. Our success is a direct result of the contributions, knowledge and work ethic of the some of the most talented work force in the industry.
1. Required Registered Nurse license in the state of Florida with no restrictions, preferably five (5) years
Home Healthcare or Hospice experience at management level for twelve (12) consecutive months
full time within the last three (3) years.
2. Bachelor’s Degree preferably with one (1) year Home Health Care or Hospice experience at management
level full time within the last three years.
3. Complies with accepted professional standards and practice.
4. Demonstrates ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative personnel.
5. Proven ability to market aggressively and deal tactfully with the community.
6. Sound workable knowledge base of nursing and clinical management.
7. Has satisfactory references from current employers and/or professional peers.
8. Possesses excellent observation and communication skills.
9. Computer literate with working knowledge of Windows/MS Office applications. Able to type at least
25 words per minute.
10. Licensed driver with automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with the
Agency requirements; have proof of insurance.
11. Is self directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
12. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations.
13. Willing to be on call as assigned.
14. Possesses motivational qualities for improved team performance.
1. Interpersonal communication, excellent verbal and written skills.
2. Workable knowledge of Medicare, JCAHO criteria and standards.
3. Proven ability to handle a satisfactory on-site survey.
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated problem identification-resolution skills.
6. CPR certified.
7. Competent in care provision of nursing care.
8. Computer competencies.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Supervising Nurse works under the supervision of the Director to direct the total management of clinical
operations in the branch office with staff assigned, responsible for overall direction, quality and efficiency
of managing home health services. Establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives
for home health services thameet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
1. Directs the work of clinical field staff to ensure that effective home health services are provided and
quality standards are met. Implements corrective actions and conducts performance evaluations
and terminations as needed.
2. Provides leadership, direction and guidance to assigned staff. Directs the implementation of Clinical
Operations, policies and procedures.
3. Collaborates with medical directors, physicians and other team members to ensure home health
services are performed in an efficient, cost effective manner according to laws, regulations and
4. Systemically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of home health services and staff competency
by direct observation, peer review and supervisory visits to patient homes.
5. Promotes and monitors regulatory, agency and customer service expectations for home health services
of the office.
6. Promotes satisfaction of internal and external customers. Effectively intercedes with family and patients
and resolves concerns related to the delivery of health care services.
7. Supervises staff schedules and delegates client assignment to case managers.
8. Participates in the Performance Improvement projects, Utilization Review, Safety/Risk Management,
Infection Control, QAPI and Clinical Coordinator Meetings. Ensures that Performance Improvement
monitoring is completed in a timely manner and that plans for correction are implemented as needed.
9. Oversees client records, statistics, reports and records for purpose of evaluation and reporting of
agency activities. Makes provision for the on-going audit of medical records. Ensures each client’s
care follows the implementation of a holistic, multi-disciplinary Clinical Pathway Model. Performs
chart audits as needed.
10. Collaborates with EAA on recruitment and retention of clinical staff. Demonstrates understanding of
the principles of human resources, applicable laws, policies and procedures.
11. Effectively addresses personnel issues in order to promote a productive and healthy work environment,
solving complex problems. Reviews and approves clinical staff requests for holiday and vacation
time to ensure patient care is provided.
12. Provides or makes provision for in-service education to Clinical Staff. Assures that mandatory inservices
occur and are attended. Assures that CHHA standards of attendance are maintained.
13. Assures that Clinical Staff have the supplies and equipment necessary to provide quality client care.
14. Is administrative call for the office and assigns alternate in the event of absence or PTO. Participates
in nationwide director on call rotation. Participates in office visit on call rotation as needed.
15. Performs other duties as assigned