Carter Healthcare Employee Reviews

Do you like working 24/7 with no holidays, no OT and bad benefits?
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLNovember 22, 2017
CARTER HEALTHCARE TREATS NURSES LIKE DIRT! This company devaluates nurses so much. I thought the salary was a good one until I found out that I was expected to work 12 hour days, 7 days a week without any days off. Patients are directed by the staff to call you on your personal cell 24/7. I also had to work holidays or use my PTO. Everything, I mean, everything that goes wrong is blamed on the nurse. If a patient doesn't want home health care its the nurses fault. If you do a negative start of care because someone refuses services the sales person for the company will call and ream you out. If a patient gets better and wants to pursue outpatient care, get ready because you will be called on the carpet for it. If you see less than 6 points per day you will be charged PTO but if they make you see 12 points in a day you to not get paid extra because you are salary. So I guess you are salary if you are over 40 hours, but docked if you are under. After doing the math this company paid me $14 per hour as an RN Case manager. Too much responsibility for too little pay. I worked there for almost 5 months and 4 other nurses quit during that time. I gave two weeks notice and my boss asked me to stay until they hired another nurse. I agreed to stay due to the shortage and when they didn't find anyone I gave 2 weeks notice again but got sick on the 13th day of the notice so as a punishment they paid me minimum wage for busting my bottom for 1 day short of two week notice (If you think about it I actually gave a 6 week notice of my intent to leave) and they tell people I left  more... without notice. Any time that is spent on the phone with patients, calling doctors offices, calling your visits to QA or doing paperwork is not counted and you will be charged PTO if you get held up on these tasks and see less than 6 points per day. Points are not averaged per week, it is 6 or more a day or PTO. Worst job I ever had! Glad I did not waste another second there!  less
Pros
Can't really think of any.
Cons
Poor treatment of nurses, LONG work hours, low pay for hrs worked, bad benefits.
Instructive and enjoyable place to work
RN Case Manager Home Health (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2017
Good place to work. Staff is like family. Always have computer training that keep you up to date and help you grow on your career. Experience managers that are available 7 days if you need help. But, the most enjoyable part is to help patients and be part of their medical care.
Cons
Lots of documentations
Excellent Company
Assitant Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  OklahomaNovember 14, 2017
I love working for Carter. Excellent management and vast amount of resources - you just have to reach out to them if needed. Stable company who is focused on staff retention.
Pros
Health Insurance, 401k, Flex Spending, Excellent Payroll Supervisor, Laptops, Company Cars if you meet traveling requirements b
Cons
Cost of Insurance
Great company to work for.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2017
I world choose Carter Healthcare over any home health agency. Great team to work with. Truly care about the patients, and thrive to provide excellent care and customer service
Pros
Flexible, great team, great productivity requirements
Cons
Paperwork Just like any healthcare company, limited benefits
Excellent Company
Assistant Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 14, 2017
Excellent job with opportunities for growth within the company. I work in the office primarily and am in the field as needed for coverage. There is opportunities to travel to other states and training which I enjoy being a part of. Carter Healthcare is a stable home health company and has been in business for over 25 years.
Pros
Stability, Longevity, Pto, Health Insurance, RX Card, Dental, Vision, Felx Spending, 401K, and PTO.
Cons
Cost of Insurance.
You get vacation time but you can't use it!!
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 12, 2017
Too many patients to manage with no incentives or bonuses! (Hired in getting bonuses and they cut them shortly after being hired). You live and breathe this job! You get vacation but can't use it because patients have to be seen or admitted and you have to do it! Don't work here!
Pros
Cons
You tear up your car, poor salary, no time off!
Carter is a great company to work for.
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHNovember 12, 2017
Enjoy working in patients homes and providing care. Carter has great team work, and they are available to their patients 24 hours a day. Team work extends to Oklahoma City, OK.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
A lot of driving
Poor management
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 7, 2017
Supervisor does not get back to the employees within a reasonable time frame, there is lack of support................................................
Stressful and quota driven
Professional Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 25, 2017
Very poor management in local office. Poor work culture, and sifting of blame. No hands on management style or help given or offered. Lazy mentality, and no sense of urgency when it came to caring for needy elderly patients. Turned down any difficult patients, or ones that weren't 100% compliant. Offered only the bare minimum of help. Had many complaints from field staff and ignored by management.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
No one wanted to do the work needed. Clinical people poorly motivated.
Good group of people in southeast texas
Professional Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2017
Marketing in home health is extremely tough. If you are bringing in current business, you may make it. If not, I don't see you lasting. Carter is Traditional Medicare only. If you don't have another insurance to help bring in the Traditional, then you aren't in a very good position. I have found that most people don't care about the Star Rating. They want you to take something other than the good stuff and not cherry pick what you will accept for the good outcomes, which reflects the Star Rating.
Pros
Pay and lower goals
Cons
No other insurance to negotiate with
most enjoyable part of job
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 6, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help patients with medical treatment and care. I loved one on one care and seeing the smiling faces of patients when they would see me pull up in driveway to visit and sometimes would like me to just visit with them and have my lunch with them to visit.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lots of excessive miles/territory
Pleasant environment
FULL TIME PHYSICAL THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 3, 2017
Everybody is working with each other and communicates well about their patients. My boss is very considerate and understandable. It is very pleasant to work with him.
Fast Paced, Great Management
Intake Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 3, 2017
Fast paced.
Medicare and Commercial Care referrals.
Processing insurances, calling and verifying benefits and then retrieving pre authorization whenever necessary.

Can become stressful whenever we get to busy due to everything needing to get done within that day, or if commercial care, the next morning before you start the work you are receiving that day.

Love the people I work with!!
Great Place to Work
Patient Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 3, 2017
I had a great work experience at Carter Healthcare, the leadership is A+, I would recommend anyone to work at Carter Healthcare, I have nothing bad to say about this company.
Carter is a good place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLSeptember 10, 2017
Carter is a good place to work. There are many benefits and the pay is good for this area. Depending on what you are personally searching for in an employer this company can be that that for you.
cons
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2017
no advancement opportunity
low pay
supervisor does not help
no open door policy to management
no paid holidays
no help with questions on a daily basis
Pros
good patient care
Cons
pay
Growing company
Professional Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 14, 2017
Its a great place to work for someone who is new to the industry to get experience or for someone who is toward the end of their career. The company is always looking to expand which provides a great opportunity for those in rural areas or who are just looking to get into the industry. If you currently have relationships in the medical industry, it's better to be willing to consider looking to work for this company.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
limited advancement
constant change of paperwork, daily demands
Register Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Altus, OKJuly 5, 2017
Constantly changing paperwork instead of letting the bugs work out. Make changes constantly No consistency in information to communicate. Great hours. Good long term benefit package.
Pros
set your own schedule
Cons
no consistency, constant change of paperwork
Company does not care about employees
Therapy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2017
Carter Home Healthcare does not care about its employees in the least.
Firing pregnant women for taking maternity leave.
The pay does not justify the work required or the responsibility given for the positions there.
Worst place to work. Dont waste your time
RN Marketing (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 26, 2017
Worst place to ever work. All they care about is referrals they do not care about their patients. They tell you that they can care for a patient then they will deny them making you look untrustworthy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carter Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9