RETAIL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Assistant Manager, Non-Exempt / Hourly - carters / osh kosh
Are you looking for a career that supports a quality work-life balance?
At Carter’s, we have management positions with benefits wrapped in a 40-hour work week!
Carter’s and OshKosh B’Gosh are two of the oldest, largest and most recognized branded marketers of baby and young children’s apparel in the U.S. Each brand, for over 100 years, act on the belief that childhood is a celebration. Our brands are all about creating products for children that are distinguished by quality and creative art and color.
We have over 600 Company-operated stores and we deliver to more than 16,000 of the largest retailers in the country. Our brands are also sold internationally in more than 50 countries. We reach a broad range of consumers through multiple distribution channels, offering a wide product assortment, including baby, sleepwear, play clothes, and accessories, all at very affordable prices.
Job Duties and Requirements include:
Assume responsibility for store location and its success in partnership with Store Manager and Supervisors to effectively lead the store.
1. Assume responsibility for the store and its success by driving an effective customer-focused
selling culture by building the team, sales capability and the brand.
2. Establishing and maintain store standards through leadership and operational expertise.
3. Endorsing company initiatives and programs through presentation of features and benefits.
Build and maintain a successful team through effective recruiting, hiring, consistent leadership, and communication across the business. Develop a store succession plan through networking, recruiting, individual and team development.
Build Sales Capability
Effectively analyze the business, drive and execute company and store initiatives according to established timelines and standards and strive for operational excellence. Obtain key metric results through managing effectively and recognizing people.
Maintain a strong and genuine customer focus. Merchandise to company standards and to the needs of the business with reactionary merchandising.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Physical and Other Requirements
1. HS Diploma or equivalent required. (College degree preferred)
2. Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
3. Demonstrated customer service and selling skills
4. Ability to communicate effectively with customers, team and leadership
5. Retail/specialty apparel knowledge and experience to include reactionary merchandising and marketing implementation
6. Systems expertise to include Point of Sales systems, timekeeping, payroll, MSWord, Excel, Outlook and Intranet
7. Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and shift priorities effectively
8. Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb up/down ladders and lift up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
9. Flexible availability seven days a week, 8 hour shifts and up to 40 hours per week