Carteret General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Patient Access Rep
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCAugust 21, 2015
Very Busy! Very Little Guidance from management. 20 cents a year raises that can be even smaller if fellow co workers give u negative feedback.
Pros
Great Healthcare Plans/ Christmas Bonus
Cons
Short breaks/ Seniority workers take off all the holidays
Patient Transporter/OR attendant (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 2, 2016
Overall, great company to work for. Employees and employers are very helpful. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for a great opportunity to get their foot in the door at a well organized medical facility.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Short breaks
Good Experience Overall
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCApril 11, 2016
A typical day is very routinely. I have learned a lot of new skills. Co-workers are very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to improve patient care.
fun place
OR Attendant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 2, 2016
I learned how to communicate better, It also gives you an amazing oppurtinity to work in a busy hospital setting. I enjoyed helping patients an gave me the courage to become a nurse.
I have been grateful for this company
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMay 19, 2015
I began my career at this company as a brand new surgical technician with many family problems. I was pregnant within three months of joining this organization, and feared for my future. This company worked with me through the pregnancy and delivery, helped me navigate the trials and tribulations of family life as I learned how to become a great patient care giver, and rewarded me with a salary and benefits to support my growth. After six years of employment with CGH, I decided to become a registered nurse, and CGH helped me by creating a special work shift that fit my school schedule. They also assisted my tuition and book purchases. Once I became a nurse, I was continually supported through family changes, given excellent learning and growth opportunities, and encouraged to continue my career in the operating room. I have seen a high turnover of staff, management, and physicians through the years. People come to my area of the country to obtain an easier lifestyle, and are often disappointed at how much work there is to do here. There isn't a lot of financial gain to be had in this community, and there is a great focus on retirement and tourism, so young people do not often find stimulation in this environment. CGH does a good job at recruiting members, but has needed improvement in retaining them. I had planned on making CGH a small stop in my career, however, it has been my home for 21 years. I would recommend this organization to employees who are motivated to work, able to make funds stretch, and willing to dig in to the local community.
Pros
Benefits, Salary, Support
Cons
Intense work environment, Financial hardships, High Turnover
Monitor Tech
Monitor Tech (Current Employee) –  Morehead City NCOctober 12, 2015
My typical days includes watching at least 30 plus heart monitors and assessing the rate and rhythm. I give my results to the nurses for the entire hospital and get them updated on any changes. At times I go to the patients room to update or fix the monitor and or leads.
Pros
Get to interact with many employees mainly nurses and doctors
Cons
Hard to get a break or lunch
Carteret General Hospital
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMay 24, 2015
Please don't link me to this.Carteret General Hospital is a medium hospital that is lacking in management skills. I feel that the pay is substandard and there lack of caring is a huge issue. Plus the rules and regulations made me feel like I was in High School.
Pros
Cafeteria Food very good and reasonable
Cons
Management, Pay
provide bedside care to patients in the critical care unit
Critical Care RN (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCAugust 24, 2015
12 hours shifts with a nurse /patient ratio typically 2:1. often required to provide total care to a wide variety of patients. I provided conscious sedation at the bedside for patients undergoing various procedures. a tremendous amount of time educating family members regarding specific patient needs.
Cons
often working thru lunch breaks
Great enviroment
Dietary Technician (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 10, 2014
Deliver food in a hospital setting. Good people but low pay. They never raised my pay and paid those whom I trained more than me. They did work around my school schedule and taught me about PPE and cleanliness at the work place. I learned about supply chain and organization was well.
Pros
great envrionment
Cons
low pay and felt underappreciated
Challaging,exciting andlearning experience
CENTRAL SURGICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 16, 2013
A typical day at Carteret general is always different. I find that the first part of the week is always very busy with total hip/knee surgery. but this leads to learning how to work as a cohesive team to get the job or certain situation accomplished.

Management is always there to lend a helping hand no matter what the situation. My co-workers are always very dedicated hard working team players.

The hardest part of the job is to be able to handle the overwhelming workload when a co-worker is on leave, but as a team we always manage.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the exciting daily new challenges.
Pros
being able to work with very dedicated individuals who are all concerned with patient safety.
Cons
not enough time in an eight hour shift to get everything accomplished

Want to know more about Carteret General Hospital?

Ask a question
great stepping stone into the hospital environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMay 26, 2014
Drawing blood from inpatients on the 3rd shift 11p - 7a.
I learned more about patient care and how to work with other staff members from different parts of the hospital.
Management was very professional and showed true concern for each employee.
Learning how to effectively and quickly take specimens from multiple patients and get them back to the lab in a timely manner was challenge initially but soon became easier as I developed a system that worked for me.
watching patients improve in over all health was the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
learning a new skill
Cons
working the night shift
I would not recomend employment with Carteret General
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCDecember 26, 2012
Working with the patients was the most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing that you are taking a part in helping them get better is very rewarding. I learned alot during my employment at Carteret General. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the drama amongst co-workers, and always being short staffed. My suggestion is if seeking employment with this hospital, that if you are expecting to recieve benefits make sure that you are hired as an full-time employee from the start. If you take a PRN position, expect to work full-time hours with no benefits.
Pros
helping patients
Cons
short staffed/ underpaid/ hours
very progressive for being small hospital
Charge Nurse, also staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Very busy MedSurg unit, while working at CGH I was able to participate in different areas getting a diverse group of skills
I trained in the Oncology Clinic and worked additional days there
to be certified to administered chemo therapy to outpts admited to
MedSurg dept on the days I was working, for a few hours. not only for their IV chemo ,but also for bld transfussions,
Other out pts, with PICC lines would come for antibiotic IV treatment.
The hardest part of my job : wanting to fit all I wanted to do for the pts
and sometimes I could not do all the extras I wanted to be able to give to pts.
Most enjoyable: the warm friendly enviroment at work and in the community
Pros
small place community and hosp allows you to feel like you know everybody
Cons
some occassions when pts needed transfer to bigger hosp. with more resouuces
I enjoyed working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMay 23, 2013
I enjoyed working here. A typical day at work was 12-14 hours, but only 3 days a week. I learned many new skills while employed here. My co-workers became my very close friends. Management could've had some additional training on following through with committments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient care.
Carteret General
Security Administrator (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCMay 11, 2015
Great place to work! They care about their employees. People are friendly to work with. Compassionate about acheieving 100% Patient satisfaction.
Productive place too work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Moorehead City, NCMay 6, 2015
Even though I was there for an internship, I was treated with respect and learned so much from the ladies in the Medical Records Department.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCApril 20, 2012
Helping out patients and getting to know new people are some perks to the job. I learned how to be more outgoing and how to file different types of insurances. My managers are the best I have ever worked with. I worked the 3rd shift (which was awesome) and my co-workers were the best to work with. We would help out each other without asking. Hardest part of the job is seeing tragic events. I like working in the ER, seeing the different cases that come in and meeting the new people.
Pros
working night shift, getting a bonus
Cons
when i had to work a day shift.
not bad
prn (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 8, 2015
switched from carolina therapy services to in house therapy. cut back on staff. staff scattered to accommodate home health outpatient. they would rather do missed visits than to hire prn to assure pt. visits. following chain of command doesnt get employees anywhere.
Pros
fellow therapists
Cons
big area to cover, low/no reimburse for time travel
Carteret
Phlebotomist/Secretary (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 11, 2015
It is an ok place to work but it does take up alot of personal time with friends and family. There are alot of call outs that make the rest of us that show up for our shifts as scheduled suffer.
Great place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work. Wonderful boss. Stressful at times (like any job) but it's great helping patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carteret General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Carteret General Hospital Reviews by Location