Carteret General Hospital Employee Review

View all Carteret General Hospital reviews

Challaging,exciting andlearning experience
CENTRAL SURGICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 16, 2013
A typical day at Carteret general is always different. I find that the first part of the week is always very busy with total hip/knee surgery. but this leads to learning how to work as a cohesive team to get the job or certain situation accomplished.

Management is always there to lend a helping hand no matter what the situation. My co-workers are always very dedicated hard working team players.

The hardest part of the job is to be able to handle the overwhelming workload when a co-worker is on leave, but as a team we always manage.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the exciting daily new challenges.
Pros
Being able to work with very dedicated individuals who are all concerned with patient safety.
Cons
Not enough time in an eight hour shift to get everything accomplished

Other Carteret General Hospital Employee Reviews

Former RN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 14, 2018
I found my time at CGH to be an excellent learning experience. I learned new skills that I would not have been afforded in a larger hospital. My pay was fair for my experience level. Benefits were competitive with larger hospital that I had left to work at CGH.
Pros
Close to the beach
Cons
Often in an autonomous role, to a fault because my unit was separated from the other parts of the department.
Safety first environment
RADIATION THERAPIST - DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCDecember 11, 2017
Typical day was hectic , depending on patient load.
I learned alot as a director of the department.
Was handed more administrative duties than I thought I could handle at times! The workplace culture was safety first in the hospital. That was stressed everyday. Hardest part of the job was juggling the patient care and adminstrative roles at the same time. Some of the administrative roles were roles not typically carried out by a radiation therapist- such as tumor board coordinator. The most enjoyable part of the job was my patients and their families.
Pros
Benfits, Seeing the positive outcomes in patients
Cons
Seeing the negative outcomes in some patients