Carteret General Hospital

Carteret General Hospital Employee Reviews

Carteret General Hospital
Medical Technologist (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 24, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria Food very good and reasonable
Cons: Management, Pay
Please don't link me to this.Carteret General Hospital is a medium hospital that is lacking in management skills. I feel that the pay is substandard and there lack of caring is a huge issue. Plus the rules and regulations made me feel like I was in High School.
I have been grateful for this company
Registered Nurse, Staff (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Salary, Support
Cons: Intense work environment, Financial hardships, High Turnover
I began my career at this company as a brand new surgical technician with many family problems. I was pregnant within three months of joining this organization, and feared for my future. This company worked with me through the pregnancy and delivery, helped me navigate the trials and tribulations of family life as I learned how to become a great patient care giver, and rewarded me with a salary and benefits to support my growth. After six years of employment with CGH, I decided to become a registered nurse, and CGH helped me by creating a special work shift that fit my school schedule. They also assisted my tuition and book purchases. Once I became a nurse, I was continually supported through family changes, given excellent learning and growth opportunities, and encouraged to continue my career in the operating room. I have seen a high turnover of staff, management, and physicians through the years. People come to my area of the country to obtain an easier lifestyle, and are often disappointed at how much work there is to do here. There isn't a lot of financial gain to be had in this community, and there is a great focus on retirement and tourism, so young people do not often find stimulation in this environment. CGH does a good job at recruiting members, but has needed improvement in retaining them. I had planned on making CGH a small stop in my career, however, it has been my home for 21 years. I would recommend this organization to employees who are motivated to work, able to make funds stretch, and willing to dig in to the local community.
Carteret General
Security Administrator (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 11, 2015
Great place to work! They care about their employees. People are friendly to work with. Compassionate about acheieving 100% Patient satisfaction.
Productive place too work
Internship (Former Employee), Moorehead City, NCMay 6, 2015
Even though I was there for an internship, I was treated with respect and learned so much from the ladies in the Medical Records Department.
Carteret
Phlebotomist/Secretary (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCJanuary 11, 2015
It is an ok place to work but it does take up alot of personal time with friends and family. There are alot of call outs that make the rest of us that show up for our shifts as scheduled suffer.
not bad
prn (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: fellow therapists
Cons: big area to cover, low/no reimburse for time travel
switched from carolina therapy services to in house therapy. cut back on staff. staff scattered to accommodate home health outpatient. they would rather do missed visits than to hire prn to assure pt. visits. following chain of command doesnt get employees anywhere.
Great place
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCOctober 15, 2014
Great place to work. Wonderful boss. Stressful at times (like any job) but it's great helping patients.
very progressive for being small hospital
Charge Nurse, also staff Nurse (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: small place community and hosp allows you to feel like you know everybody
Cons: some occassions when pts needed transfer to bigger hosp. with more resouuces
Very busy MedSurg unit, while working at CGH I was able to participate in different areas getting a diverse group of skills
I trained in the Oncology Clinic and worked additional days there
to be certified to administered chemo therapy to outpts admited to
MedSurg dept on the days I was working, for a few hours. not only for their IV chemo ,but also for bld transfussions,
Other out pts, with PICC lines would come for antibiotic IV treatment.
The hardest part of my job : wanting to fit all I wanted to do for the pts
and sometimes I could not do all the extras I wanted to be able to give to pts.
Most enjoyable: the warm friendly enviroment at work and in the community
Overall nice place to work
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCJuly 31, 2014
Cons: understaffed
Overall a nice place to work but is experiencing difficulties with growth in all aspects.
Great enviroment
Dietary Technician (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: great envrionment
Cons: low pay and felt underappreciated
Deliver food in a hospital setting. Good people but low pay. They never raised my pay and paid those whom I trained more than me. They did work around my school schedule and taught me about PPE and cleanliness at the work place. I learned about supply chain and organization was well.
NICE PLACE TO WORK
X-RAY/ RADIOLOGY SECRETARY (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJanuary 8, 2014
I WORKED THE THIRD SHIFT AND I HAD TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS STOCKED AND READY TO GO FOR FIRST SHIFT FROM MACHINES TO PATIENTS COMING IN FOR APPOINTMENTS, APPOINTMENT REMINDERS,
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJune 23, 2013
I learned to work with customers and help them set up payment plans for their doctor bills. I also learned to use a multi phone line system.
Challaging,exciting andlearning experience
CENTRAL SURGICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCJune 16, 2013
Pros: being able to work with very dedicated individuals who are all concerned with patient safety.
Cons: not enough time in an eight hour shift to get everything accomplished
A typical day at Carteret general is always different. I find that the first part of the week is always very busy with total hip/knee surgery. but this leads to learning how to work as a cohesive team to get the job or certain situation accomplished.

Management is always there to lend a helping hand no matter what the situation. My co-workers are always very dedicated hard working team players.

The hardest part of the job is to be able to handle the overwhelming workload when a co-worker is on leave, but as a team we always manage.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the exciting daily new challenges.
I enjoyed working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 23, 2013
I enjoyed working here. A typical day at work was 12-14 hours, but only 3 days a week. I learned many new skills while employed here. My co-workers became my very close friends. Management could've had some additional training on following through with committments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient care.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: friendly small town hospital
Small hospital that takes pride in serving the community with compassion. I loved my job.
I would not recomend employment with Carteret General
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCDecember 26, 2012
Pros: helping patients
Cons: short staffed/ underpaid/ hours
Working with the patients was the most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing that you are taking a part in helping them get better is very rewarding. I learned alot during my employment at Carteret General. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the drama amongst co-workers, and always being short staffed. My suggestion is if seeking employment with this hospital, that if you are expecting to recieve benefits make sure that you are hired as an full-time employee from the start. If you take a PRN position, expect to work full-time hours with no benefits.
enjoyed working here
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: moved
enjoyed working here cause of the emergency setting. enjoyed working with the doctors and nurses
Great pay, excellent benefits!
Radiology File Clerk (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJuly 24, 2012
Great place to work. I only left because my husband retired and we moved to the mountains-six hours away.
Avery great place to work
RN (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 12, 2012
Pros: teamwork
I was able to work closely with physican and coworkers that worked as a team.I enjoyed every aspect of my job.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCApril 20, 2012
Pros: working night shift, getting a bonus
Cons: when i had to work a day shift.
Helping out patients and getting to know new people are some perks to the job. I learned how to be more outgoing and how to file different types of insurances. My managers are the best I have ever worked with. I worked the 3rd shift (which was awesome) and my co-workers were the best to work with. We would help out each other without asking. Hardest part of the job is seeing tragic events. I like working in the ER, seeing the different cases that come in and meeting the new people.