Carteret General Hospital Employee Review

View all Carteret General Hospital reviews

Great enviroment
Dietary Technician (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 10, 2014
Deliver food in a hospital setting. Good people but low pay. They never raised my pay and paid those whom I trained more than me. They did work around my school schedule and taught me about PPE and cleanliness at the work place. I learned about supply chain and organization was well.
Pros
Great envrionment
Cons
Low pay and felt underappreciated

Other Carteret General Hospital Employee Reviews

Former RN
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJanuary 14, 2018
I found my time at CGH to be an excellent learning experience. I learned new skills that I would not have been afforded in a larger hospital. My pay was fair for my experience level. Benefits were competitive with larger hospital that I had left to work at CGH.
Pros
Close to the beach
Cons
Often in an autonomous role, to a fault because my unit was separated from the other parts of the department.
Safety first environment
RADIATION THERAPIST - DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCDecember 11, 2017
Typical day was hectic , depending on patient load.
I learned alot as a director of the department.
Was handed more administrative duties than I thought I could handle at times! The workplace culture was safety first in the hospital. That was stressed everyday. Hardest part of the job was juggling the patient care and adminstrative roles at the same time. Some of the administrative roles were roles not typically carried out by a radiation therapist- such as tumor board coordinator. The most enjoyable part of the job was my patients and their families.
Pros
Benfits, Seeing the positive outcomes in patients
Cons
Seeing the negative outcomes in some patients