Carteret General Hospital

Carteret General Hospital Employer Reviews

very progressive for being small hospital
Charge Nurse, also staff Nurse (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: small place community and hosp allows you to feel like you know everybody
Cons: some occassions when pts needed transfer to bigger hosp. with more resouuces
Very busy MedSurg unit, while working at CGH I was able to participate in different areas getting a diverse group of skills
I trained in the Oncology Clinic and worked additional days there
to be certified to administered chemo therapy to outpts admited to
MedSurg dept on the days I was working, for a few hours. not only for their IV chemo ,but also – more... for bld transfussions,
Other out pts, with PICC lines would come for antibiotic IV treatment.
The hardest part of my job : wanting to fit all I wanted to do for the pts
and sometimes I could not do all the extras I wanted to be able to give to pts.
Most enjoyable: the warm friendly enviroment at work and in the community – less
Overall nice place to work
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCJuly 31, 2014
Cons: understaffed
Overall a nice place to work but is experiencing difficulties with growth in all aspects.
Great enviroment
Dietary Technician (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: great envrionment
Cons: low pay and felt underappreciated
Deliver food in a hospital setting. Good people but low pay. They never raised my pay and paid those whom I trained more than me. They did work around my school schedule and taught me about PPE and cleanliness at the work place. I learned about supply chain and organization was well.
great stepping stone into the hospital environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 26, 2014
Pros: learning a new skill
Cons: working the night shift
Drawing blood from inpatients on the 3rd shift 11p - 7a.
I learned more about patient care and how to work with other staff members from different parts of the hospital.
Management was very professional and showed true concern for each employee.
Learning how to effectively and quickly take specimens from multiple patients and get them back to the lab – more... in a timely manner was challenge initially but soon became easier as I developed a system that worked for me.
watching patients improve in over all health was the most enjoyable part of my job. – less
NICE PLACE TO WORK
X-RAY/ RADIOLOGY SECRETARY (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJanuary 8, 2014
I WORKED THE THIRD SHIFT AND I HAD TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING WAS STOCKED AND READY TO GO FOR FIRST SHIFT FROM MACHINES TO PATIENTS COMING IN FOR APPOINTMENTS, APPOINTMENT REMINDERS,
Challaging,exciting andlearning experience
CENTRAL SURGICAL SERVICES TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCJune 16, 2013
Pros: being able to work with very dedicated individuals who are all concerned with patient safety.
Cons: not enough time in an eight hour shift to get everything accomplished
A typical day at Carteret general is always different. I find that the first part of the week is always very busy with total hip/knee surgery. but this leads to learning how to work as a cohesive team to get the job or certain situation accomplished.

Management is always there to lend a helping hand no matter what the situation. My co-workers are always – more... very dedicated hard working team players.

The hardest part of the job is to be able to handle the overwhelming workload when a co-worker is on leave, but as a team we always manage.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the exciting daily new challenges. – less
I enjoyed working here
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 23, 2013
I enjoyed working here. A typical day at work was 12-14 hours, but only 3 days a week. I learned many new skills while employed here. My co-workers became my very close friends. Management could've had some additional training on following through with committments. The most enjoyable part of the job is the patient care.
Clinical Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJanuary 15, 2013
Pros: friendly small town hospital
Small hospital that takes pride in serving the community with compassion. I loved my job.
I would not recomend employment with Carteret General
Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCDecember 26, 2012
Pros: helping patients
Cons: short staffed/ underpaid/ hours
Working with the patients was the most enjoyable part of the job. Knowing that you are taking a part in helping them get better is very rewarding. I learned alot during my employment at Carteret General. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the drama amongst co-workers, and always being short staffed. My suggestion is if seeking employment with – more... this hospital, that if you are expecting to recieve benefits make sure that you are hired as an full-time employee from the start. If you take a PRN position, expect to work full-time hours with no benefits. – less
enjoyed working here
Emergency Medical Technician (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCOctober 11, 2012
Pros: hours
Cons: moved
enjoyed working here cause of the emergency setting. enjoyed working with the doctors and nurses
Great pay, excellent benefits!
Radiology File Clerk (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCJuly 24, 2012
Great place to work. I only left because my husband retired and we moved to the mountains-six hours away.
Avery great place to work
RN (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 12, 2012
Pros: teamwork
I was able to work closely with physican and coworkers that worked as a team.I enjoyed every aspect of my job.
Productive and fun workplace
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCApril 20, 2012
Pros: working night shift, getting a bonus
Cons: when i had to work a day shift.
Helping out patients and getting to know new people are some perks to the job. I learned how to be more outgoing and how to file different types of insurances. My managers are the best I have ever worked with. I worked the 3rd shift (which was awesome) and my co-workers were the best to work with. We would help out each other without asking. Hardest – more... part of the job is seeing tragic events. I like working in the ER, seeing the different cases that come in and meeting the new people. – less
Great location
CST and OR Inventory Technician, FT (Former Employee), Morehead City, NCMarch 27, 2012
This hospital has really come into it's own. It has grown and is more competetive now than ever before. They care about the patients, staff, visiting students.