Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Every day is something new
Customer Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Medford, ORDecember 11, 2017
Rarely are two days every the same with both customers and projects. There is always something to do, even on slow days with not a lot of traffic, usually consisting of cleaning and consistent refolding.
It is definitely enjoyable to assist the customer and find exactly what they are looking for and they thank you and acknowledge the effort you put into your job- those are great days. Depending on location and how well the staff works together really determines how the day goes, but there are some days when it seems like everyone is just having a bad day.
Pros
Improving communication skills. Teamwork.
Cons
Drama. Occasional screaming children
Awesome place to work in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 9, 2017
The manager at my location is great helps a lot when it comes to school and when something happens with my child.The working enviroment is nice there are time where it gets packed but team work is the key.
it was a good and friendly enviroment got along with the workers
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNDecember 9, 2017
I didn't have no problem with the managers or workers. sometimes it was a stressful job .but I enjoyed working there. the coworkers were friendly and understanding
Pros
got breaks when i needed it
Cons
some of the workers were in a bad mood, but i understood them
productive
Packer (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GADecember 8, 2017
I work at Cater's through temp. It was a good job to have. I scanned baby clothes in the computer. By it being temp it was a temporary assignment. I wish it would have lasted longer but after peek season work gets slow.
Great Discounts on Cute Babies' Clothes
Background Processor/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 8, 2017
Fast paced environment. Inexperienced managers can make it more stressful. Easy for unqualified people to move up if they are liked by the management team.
Pros
Great townhalls and charity events
Cons
Inexperienced managers
Great Environment
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Stockbridge, GADecember 5, 2017
I learned so much in a small matter of time and my hours we're great. The management was polite. The building is temperature friendly for the most part, but if it gets hot we have several cooling systems
Pros
Nice Management
Cons
Mandatory overtime
fun
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GADecember 4, 2017
n/a fun work place,it was very fast pase type of place,i had a nice experince working there.i would recommened anybody to work there.they also have very nice benifits.
Great place to work enjoyed I.T
Sales Assoicate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 4, 2017
Carter’s was a great job to work at. Very interesting and kept you busy. Carter’s working environment was very busy and it kept workers on their toes.
Fast Paced Workplace
Packer/Auditor (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GADecember 4, 2017
I enjoyed working in the many different departments & learning new things almost daily... Overall the lead staff are good to work with. But at times there did seem to be a lack in humanity from direct management (in the warehouse/on the floor management).
Great Just Not Enough Hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 2, 2017
I learned a lot with my time at Carters but I just don't get enough hours. I work barley one day every other week. And that's just not enough. Its unfortunate.

Want to know more about Carters, Inc?

Ask a question
Overall a great place to work
Part Time Supervisor (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 27, 2017
Despite the traditional pros and cons of working in retail, as a mom I enjoyed knowing upcoming sales and having a discount. I started as temporary help over the holidays and stuck around for several years because of the positive work environment.
mediocrity is acceptable
corporate (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 26, 2017
supervisor is not engaged, most do not notice when management is out of the office, workplace culture is arbitrary and old fashioned with inflexible rules that apply only to some employees. high field nurse turnover, hardest part of the job is knowing which policy will be enforced on any given day. employees are expendable and not viewed as an asset.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
arbitrary rules that don't apply to everyone
Un ambiente muy bueno
Costumer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRNovember 20, 2017
Pa verdad es un buen trabajo y con buenos jefes y oportunidad de aprender...
Pros
Tienen horarios flexible
Great company to work,
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRNovember 20, 2017
Great company to work for. Very competitive enviroment, work /life balance is great and have excelent benefits. Carters is very focus on having the best customer experience in our market. Provide with associates with tools that can help you advance in retail.
Job not a Career
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Burbank, OHNovember 19, 2017
While Carter's is fine for a first job, or for temporary part time work, there's not a lot of career advancement so not a forever job. It's a nice atmosphere.
Ambiente de trabajo saludable
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRNovember 15, 2017
La tienda es una de las mejores en Puerto Rico, tienen mercancía variable y de acuerdo a la temporada. Como parte del equipo puedo decir que se me proveyó un ambiente sano y flexible para realizar los trabajos. Lamentablemente fue una de las tiendas más afectadas tras El Paso del huracán María en PR. Pero sin duda una de mis mejores experiencias laborales.
Not fun
Temporary Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NY 10473November 14, 2017
Too much is being done for too little pay. The work that is being done on a regular involves a lot of active activities . From lifting , to restocking, to cleaning, register..
Easy
Material Handler/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GANovember 12, 2017
Its a nice job and the work isn't hard at all and everybody there is pretty easy to talk to. I learned mostly all departments in less than 6 months and was on my way to become a specialist.
productive and fun enviornment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 10, 2017
I worked at carters for a year while in high school it was fun and a great experience but I soon realized I did not enjoy working retail so I found a job at an attorneys office who was also very flexible with hours.
Horrible management
Assistant Store Manager/Interaction Manager (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 6, 2017
This was one of the worst places I have ever worked. I was assaulted by the manager and nothing was done about it. she has such ahigh turnover at this carters because she is a horrible manager and a horrible, hateful person.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.