Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Great hours and scheduling
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Carter's was a production based company, so it was imperative that each employee work hard to keep up with daily expectations. It was a weekend job, Friday through Sunday from 6am to 6pm. Though physically taxing, it was an excellent schedule for me at the time, and there was a bonus included each week for perfect work attendance. This provided incentive for employees to be at work on time each day. The environment was, overall, not unpleasant; my only complaint would be the temperature fluctuation within the warehouse. If given the opportunity to return, I would most certainly be interested.
Pros
Paid lunch and breaks, plus a bonus on every paycheck for perfect attendance. Great opportunities for advancement, which allowed for increased benefits after a relatively short period of time
Cons
No benefits provided for temps, of course, production based job security could be intimidating when waves were small and work was lacking.
Very enjoyable and friendly environment
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buckhead, GANovember 21, 2016
I was only an intern at Carter's but during my time there I felt more than welcomed. People care and they take the time to greet you everyday with a happy face. Sometimes when I was forgetful, there was always someone there to help me out. I never felt like I was not meant to be there. The people there work their hardest and they work for the company, to better it and show their individual skill sets.
Pros
Many Employee Benefits, Room for advancement, friendly environment
Cons
Expensive Lunch
Good Product
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 21, 2016
It all depends on your management structure. The company claims to "invest in people" as one of their defining values, yet most "employees" are actually contractors to keep the company from having to invest in employees.
Pros
Awesome benefit package--for employees
Cons
No benefits for contracts- which is most
Great organization!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 2, 2017
Good health benefits & 401K options. Work/life balance is a real focus, not just the industry catch-phrase like at most retailers. All store level positions are hourly, and overtime is never required.
Enjoy the work, but good retail managers are hard to find
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisApril 23, 2016
Overall, Carters has been an enjoyable company to work for in their stores. Retail store managers are few and far between, and there are a lot of young, immature people who have been there long enough to be given a store to run.

Generally speaking though, the benefits for full-time employees are decent, and the pay is better than most retail stores. I have been able to advance from Sales Associate to Assistant Store Manager within the year because I work hard and have an education with a professional corporate background. If you want to move up in this company, it is certainly possible.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, wages, good corporate structure
Cons
Young immature people with no education running the store
Amazing place to work
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Short Pump, VAFebruary 11, 2017
Great Environment! Amazing Management/Sales staff. Great training and plenty of room for advancement within the company!
the enviroment was nice
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJAugust 3, 2016
I would not work there again. I started out as a sales rep and after a few months was promoted to a key holder. there is room for advancement within this company. But the benefits were not great and the only gave fulltime hours to management.
Productive and safe
Packer (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAOctober 6, 2016
Very safe and productive work place. Opportunitys to learn new things and advance if you work hard. If works slow they will move you to new department to help out.
Pros
They pay is good and advancement opportunities
Cons
Short breaks and mandatory overtime
Overall a great place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 12, 2016
Team oriented company, rewarding and fun place to work. Company strives to succeed together and values its team members from the most seasoned manager to the newest sales associate. Workload can be really high during peak, but not more than other retailers. Empowers managers to make good decisions and take care of customers.
Pros
Empowered to make decisions, fun place to work
Cons
High work load, benefits are not that great
Fun workplace, helping customers find the right outfits for their children
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, IN 46360April 23, 2016
I was a lead sales associate who helped management with training and sale floor plans. Usually after being clocked in you check out the sales plans and things to be done. Customers always came first no matter what needed done. We had mark downs, sale changes, along with wall and floor moves.
Pros
fun workplace, awesome people to work with always something to do.
Cons
Messed up Pay failed to apply raise after a month
Productive and Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 9, 2016
Carters was my first, non seasonal, retail job. I love everything about it! On a typical workday, depending on the day, you will High 5 customers and make sure they're cared for. I learned a lot about KPI's and driving sales. The management here is outstanding and they're good with helping you if you're unsure about anything. The coworkers are pretty great, if I ever needed a shift covered someone was able to cover it. The hardest part of the job is being a college student living on a biweekly paycheck. I enjoy seeing all the new outfits we get in.
Pros
Snacks, Breaks, Friendly people
Cons
Biweekly paycheck
productive day packing baby clothes
Packer - "PTS (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GAFebruary 23, 2017
a typical day at this job was 12 hour shifts per day packing baby clothes into boxes to be shipped to stores. I learned that Carter's not only sells baby clothing but kids clothing as well. management was okay but you rarely saw them. the hardest part of a day at this job was walking back and forth for your whole shift.
Pros
a lot of overtime hous
Cons
being very sore your first month
What a joke
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INMay 2, 2016
First off the management team seems great & nice at first but after being there for a while you start to realize the immature, fake, miserable lives they truly lead. There is SO much bad talking about other employees ESPECIALLY by management and also of customers. They racially profile all shoplifters regardless of they say they do or not. The she use is inconvenient & they have especially their on call shift that you will receive about 2-3 times a week. I've worked for other retailers and they are by far the most unprofessional and unorganized. One employee is expected to do the work of ten. And don't get me started on the attitudes. I wouldn't go back if my salary was doubled.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Management and overall job in general
Productive place employees great to work with
Customer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 1, 2017
Was given responsibility of managing client accounts. On a daily basis I had several tasks to accomplish such as calling our different account holders to collect payment and managing each accounts. Great Co-workers. We had casual Fridays and company lunch once a week.
Pros
Great Co-workers.
Cons
management not structured efficiently
Ok place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, ILAugust 9, 2016
A typical day is assisting parents all day purchase clothes for their children. The job is pretty easy. Not a complicated place to work at all. Its pretty laidback and management is cool. The ONLY thing I hate about this job is they hire to many people and they already don't have the hours to give to the people who need hours to see a reasonable paycheck. I would only recommend this job for teenagers who ONLY has a cellphone bill to pay or an adult who is looking for extra gas money. You definitely can't live off this check alone unless you are management who works full-time.

Other than that I love my coworkers and managers and everyone is very helpful.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough hours
good company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Braselton, GASeptember 6, 2016
good place to work at. the people is very friendly and easy to get alone with. the management team was great as well. just long hours and short breaks
Alright to start.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Good job if you only want the discount or high school student wanting a little of spending money because you will only work 3 hours a week.To get more hours you would have to be a favorite of the managers. Feels just like high school all over again. Favorites get the best and everyone else has to work hard to survive.
Busy work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Limerick, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoyed the fast pace and visual aspects of the company. I learned about customer service and the importance in all aspects related to the job and in general. Management was often helpful. Hardest part of the job was not having enough help based on the turnover of retail. I most enjoyed the marketing and merchandising of the store.
Great culture, team environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 22, 2017
I loved working for Carter's and the only reason I left was to pursue a job with set hours Monday-Friday. If I could do the work I did at Carter's on a set schedule, I would have stayed there.
Awesome teams in the stores, great benefits, and amazing leaders.
energetic work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYFebruary 16, 2017
small store allows for the development of close relationships with customers. High chances of promotion as long as you are focused and do your job right
Pros
promotes from within, fulltime positions
Cons
must work weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.