Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

Retail workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work usually consist of greeting the customers, cleaning the store and selling the clothes. Mandatory customer service is very important. I get along with my co-workers absolutely well  more... and don't have any issues with anyone. Management is always very efficient and on top of things. I have learned how to have patience when dealing with the customers and their children. Another hard part is constantly keeping the store neat. The hardest part of my job is being bored when there aren't any tasks to do. The most enjoyable part is watching the smart adorable children that come into the store. Also the most enjoyable part in my opinion is multitasking. I love to have a lot of work to do while helping the customers.  less
I learned to be productive and quick on my feet
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleAugust 27, 2015
It was a great work place. with a great percentage of guild lines and rules to be followed. I had to Keep record of each items using a computerized system which gave me computer awareness.
Fast pace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 24, 2015
Stressful at times but great as well. Customers are incredible, too many policy changes and inconsistency with how to manage certain things.
Positive Atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anthem, AZAugust 24, 2015
The staff and management are amazing to work with
Work is made fun and yet functional.

I enjoyed seeing new mom's and dad's and helping them find the right kind of clothes and accessories for their newest addition
Pros
amazing positive atmosphere
Cons
there are non
Fun work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 23, 2015
Carter's is a great place to work with plenty of room for improvement and growth within the company. They are also great at appreciating the people who work there and encouraging people to be a better person and be happy.
NO appreciation for good employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  loveland,coAugust 22, 2015
I enjoyed the brand and company of carters. The particular store i worked in lacked the ability for internal growth. I think that if the store had a less caddy store manager this would be an excellent company to grow with.
Pros
clean and detail oriented
Cons
management staff
friendly work environment
picker (Former Employee) –  Hogansville, GAAugust 17, 2015
the day started out being busy, but as the day went on it begin to slow down. some of the co-workers were friendly, some were not
Fun and productive place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Medford, MNAugust 15, 2015
During my shifts I open the store by counting the registers, then I read all the emails and put on our clip board the important things our sales assistants need to do. Once the store is open I greet the  more... customers and help them find the product the are looking for. The hardest part about my job for me would be telling customers we don't have what they are looking for. If we don't carry what they are looking forI point them in a direction of the store that will carry it. If we carry it but are out of stock for it I tell them they can find it online and i give them a free shipping coupon. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing i did the best i can to satisfy the customer and watching them walk out the door with a smile on their face!  less
Nice place to work
Temporary Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 14, 2015
Nice environment to work at. Typical day consists of keeping the store neat and clean. Tending to the customers is number one job.
Pros
employee discount on clothing
Fun place to work and interact with customers.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tulalip, WAAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of setting up the floor according to the blueprint. Making sure items were properly placed and marked. Assisting customers with finding items and checking them out on the  more... cash register. Then, at the end of the day cleaning up the store and the back room.

I learned how to use a cash register. I also learned how to read blueprints, how to upkeep and maintain inventory.

Management and co workers were a blast to work with.

The best part of the job was always being able to interact with children who were shopping with the adults. Like, picking out an outfit with them  less
its a productive and fun place to work at. everybody there is always friendly
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYAugust 4, 2015
Friendly co workers. nice environment. many foreigners come and go so it does get difficult at times with the language barrier and all that.
Pros
discount on their merchandise
Cons
the pay could be a little bit better
challenging, productive, very sales driven
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso TxJuly 28, 2015
Fun to work will all types of people. It was a kids store so I got to experience servicing moms, grandmothers. No day was ever the same. Came across several people that were fun to work with.
fun experience. Won't go back though
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  VIRGINIAJuly 28, 2015
a lot of political gargle. Below average pay, 40 hour work week. Advancement is limited. I spent 4 years with the company, I grew a lot, but will never keep growing with them.
good environment , very relaxing job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MAJuly 23, 2015
typical day at work would be on the cashier, helping customer find baby outfit for the baby to go home in or just the basic thing that a baby would need for when they get home. also helping them find size  more... that might fix the baby/ toddler that they are shopping. when customer are not in the store filling the table or the racks. clean the the store or take out the trash. the co-worker that i have are amazing and very easy to get along with. the management their is very understand to outside of work issues you maybe. the best part of working their is see the cute little babies their. the hardest part is when you have a rude customer in your face trying to talk down on you. but working this is fun and like it .  less
Pros
meeting nice people
Cons
not enough hours
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2015
Hard and busy place to work in a touristic area where you have to give a 100% of your effort to make every customer happy with their purchases.
Wonderful Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 17, 2015
Working with Carter's is a joy. Management recognized and showed appreciation to sales associates. It doesn't take that long to get promoted in the company. The work environment was always a pleasant one.
Fast paced environment
Operations eCommerce Shipping Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Braselton, GAJuly 16, 2015
Wonderful co-workers,
Typical day at work is 10hrs goes by quick when busy.
Not good when no work is available
Enjoyable part of the day is when I meet SLA for the day
Hardest part of the job is when systemic issues occur
Pros
4 Day work week
Cons
Shortbreaks
Production
Temp. job (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJuly 15, 2015
I was a picker/packer. I loved this job. I had a ticket book telling me where to go in the warehouse and what clothes to get and that is picker.. Packer I counted a number of clothes and put them in a bag and boxed them up and sent them to shipping.
Pros
You got to see all the new baby clothes
Cons
no cons
Nice job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJuly 13, 2015
If you have kids nice job, good discount, sister store to Osh kosh and the only thing is that it is retail so you work all the time with hardly any time off the family, I was a manager so I was mostly in the store by my self and one or two associates.
Great place with great people.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jantzen Beach, ORJuly 11, 2015
Carter's Inc. was a great place to work. Everyday was a little different. The great thing about every shift was that each employee knew exactly what to do and knew to go above and beyond for every customer  more... and for the work environment. But it does get hard if one slacks off or falls from standard but the management team is amazing and will always care for the individual associate with much care and love as possible.  less
Pros
The workers and the simple atmosphere.
Cons
It gets really tedious.