Carters, Inc Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Carters. I had a pretty good start and a great group to work with. I wasnt able to get as many hours as i would like on a weekly bases but very friendly easy going place to work.
Pros
discount
Cons
little hours
Love it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humacao Municipio, PRJanuary 16, 2017
Its a pleasure work in Carters. I've been a few months but its a great experience. I have to learn so fast because the christmas season, its so easy when you learn.
Pros
25% employee discount
Cons
only few hours in part time
Alright to start.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJanuary 15, 2017
Good job if you only want the discount or high school student wanting a little of spending money because you will only work 3 hours a week.To get more hours you would have to be a favorite of the managers. Feels just like high school all over again. Favorites get the best and everyone else has to work hard to survive.
Buen ambiente de trabajo.
Asociado de Ventas (Current Employee) –  Carolina, CórdobaJanuary 13, 2017
Una excelente compañía la cual me ha ayudado a crecer profesionalmente en el área de las ventas, He adquirido mucha más experiencia en el de servicio al cliente.
gained job skills
Co-Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Rowland Heights, CAJanuary 10, 2017
Co-Shift Lead
-Help managers / managers right hand-Running and closing the store-Watching over my team at times-Running the shift smoothly-General cleaning -Utilizing costumer services skills to create and maintain brand loyalty
Great hours and scheduling
Picker-Packer (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Carter's was a production based company, so it was imperative that each employee work hard to keep up with daily expectations. It was a weekend job, Friday through Sunday from 6am to 6pm. Though physically taxing, it was an excellent schedule for me at the time, and there was a bonus included each week for perfect work attendance. This provided incentive for employees to be at work on time each day. The environment was, overall, not unpleasant; my only complaint would be the temperature fluctuation within the warehouse. If given the opportunity to return, I would most certainly be interested.
Pros
Paid lunch and breaks, plus a bonus on every paycheck for perfect attendance. Great opportunities for advancement, which allowed for increased benefits after a relatively short period of time
Cons
No benefits provided for temps, of course, production based job security could be intimidating when waves were small and work was lacking.
Co-workers make work fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYJanuary 9, 2017
Never come to work with many co-workers, shifts are usually one sales associate and one manager.
No actuual "hard" part of the job, the hardest part of having this job is if this is your only job. They do not give you hours, the most hours i've ever received in a week is 20. Weekly hours usually range from 4-12 (if you're lucky) hours.
Nice people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Carters was a good place to work, some what organized makes the job easier to do. I would say it was too cliquey though when everyone speaks spanish and you do not you can feel left out of the conversation. Also I did not sign up tp clean bathrooms just not my thing. I also disliked the on call stuff I mean they are not busy enough for that extra drama of being a call in
Great organization!
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 2, 2017
Good health benefits & 401K options. Work/life balance is a real focus, not just the industry catch-phrase like at most retailers. All store level positions are hourly, and overtime is never required.
Productive place employees great to work with
Customer Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAJanuary 1, 2017
Was given responsibility of managing client accounts. On a daily basis I had several tasks to accomplish such as calling our different account holders to collect payment and managing each accounts. Great Co-workers. We had casual Fridays and company lunch once a week.
Pros
Great Co-workers.
Cons
management not structured efficiently
Easy going and organized work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bay Shore, NYDecember 28, 2016
The people I worked with at Carters became a family to me, and I miss them a lot.
My coworkers were efficient, easy going, and ran the store smoothly.
The store focused on excellent customer service and organizational skills, so much that our store had the highest reviews in the district.
Pros
Discounts, working with great staff
Cons
short breaks, no healthcare
Great Work Environment!
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 22, 2016
This is a Great place to work but the hours are very minimal. The shift lengths are also very minimal. Management is very friendly. The company even gives new/expectant moms a gift card.
Great place
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Rupert, IDDecember 19, 2016
This was an awesome place to work with good people. They will teach someone who doesn't know about the job and turn that man into someone they can rely on.
Pros
Hour lunch and 2 15 minute breaks
Cons
Pay isnt the greatest
Fun and busy
Worker (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, miDecember 18, 2016
People were very nice and full of cheer. Very good with training you one on one and they answer any question that you may have or any concern. I liked it
Amazing Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tilton, NHDecember 17, 2016
I absolutely love working for the Carters/Oshkosh store in Tilton. Everyone is incredibly kind and helpful. The managers are leaders who are willing to do everything you do and help coach you in anything you have trouble with. The only thing that I would say is hard is the pay is quite low and the hours during certain times of the year aren't great for making an income. But I would definitely recommend this job to those starting out and to high school students who don't have many bills to pay.
Pros
Food usually kept in the break room, helpful coworkers and managers
Cons
Low pay, low hours
Sometimes stressful
Customer Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLDecember 13, 2016
Overall typical work days run smoothly. I have learned that management and associate won't always get along. My coworkers and I agree on a lot of things. The hardest part of my job is trying to make everyone happy. I enjoy working at a kids clothing store.
Overall a great place to work!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 12, 2016
Team oriented company, rewarding and fun place to work. Company strives to succeed together and values its team members from the most seasoned manager to the newest sales associate. Workload can be really high during peak, but not more than other retailers. Empowers managers to make good decisions and take care of customers.
Pros
Empowered to make decisions, fun place to work
Cons
High work load, benefits are not that great
Flexible Schedule
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IADecember 7, 2016
With a two year old at home I have been pleased with the part-time hours and flexible work schedule. Management team is upbeat and personable. I have enjoyed my time at Carter's thus far.
Carter's Store
Retail Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chester, NJDecember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working for Carters, it was a fun, busy job. I enjoyed the customers and the kids that came in the store on a regular basis. I enjoyed the fast pace the store kept you at.
best job ive ever had
CUSTOMER SERVICE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CADecember 2, 2016
great management team and co-workers. love all the different product we get every season. customers are always fun to talk to.
Pros
great discount
Cons
hours can vary major every week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Carters, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.