Carters, Inc

Carters, Inc United States Employee Reviews

Carter Reddy & Associates was an educational tutoring company that was devoted to empowering and educating children .
Program Director (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 21, 2015
This job afforded me many opportunities to work with different agencies, schools, and community organizations. My co-workers were awesome and team players. It was unfortunate that the company decided to re-locate into another city.
Fun and productive place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, GAApril 20, 2015
My typical day of work is checking customers out on the register, providing customer service, doing stock and assisting managers.
Can be a great place to work, Customers are great- build relationships with them which is rewarding. Tasks can be really heavy. Never enough payroll
Store Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHApril 15, 2015
Pros: Work life balance, pay
Cons: Cliques, not a professional environment at times, training could be more structured
Have to be chummy with upper management. Company appreciates and respects work life balance. Training can be good or bad depends on who you have and your direct supervisor.
Fun workplace and great for part-time
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lexington, KYApril 15, 2015
This was a great position to have as a part-time job. It was wonderful getting to see all the adorable babies and kids come in, and I loved seeing all the outfits we had. Co-workers were great most of the time, and management the first summer I worked there was great. The second summer I worked there our management wasn't the best, but it wasn't unbearable.
Pretty easy job, nothing too difficult, and I would recommend it to young people needing part-time.
Worked Sales Floor
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAApril 13, 2015
Demonstrated excellence in customer service. Ensured the floor was always stocked with product. Provided knowledge of sales and store polices to customers. Worked on inventory from new shipments. Processed merchandise.
Great Company
Senior Design Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
GREAT company to work for. Excellent management and director in place to support a healthy balance toward work and life strategies to ensure top performance with all employees.
Most Enjoyment
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 10, 2015
The little kids dressing up for halloween was adorable. Little babies dressed up in their costumes , children ran into the store trick or treating for candy.
tutoring program
Community Liaison/Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 10, 2015
Pros: teaching students
Cons: travel
creating tutoring programs throughout California for low income families, Working on ELA and math skills using muliple learning strategies
productive and good environment
Equipment operator (Current Employee), braselton gaApril 9, 2015
Good environment with room for advancement. Great benefits health and 401k plan. Management preach open door policy. monthly town hall meetings to inform company changes distribution goals met etc .
Carter's Was my favorite Retail Place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 6, 2015
I absolutely loved working at Carters. My main reason why I loved working at Carter's, because of the passion I have working with kids. So whenever the parents would come in, I would automatically get to know the kids as well as the parents. I really loved when the pregnant women would come in, have no clue what to get because it was their first. The parents loved me because I was so helpful and got to know the customers. However, I had to leave due to the short hours but if it wasn't for the hours, honestly I would of stayed.
easy going job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Spokane, WAApril 5, 2015
Pros: paid time off was amazing
Cons: health care isnt that great
I enjoyed working for Carters, loved all the customers and team members! The discounts are great, the pay is great if you are a manager.
productive and fun workplace with great coworkers
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAApril 1, 2015
a typical day consisted of opening the store. helping costumers find any and all products they asked for and help them find things they didnt know they needed. restock the sales floor and rearrange the floor as well
Would never left the company if i did not move out of the city
Asst. Manager (Former Employee), San marcos txMarch 31, 2015
It was a very detailed company they would under line for what they needed done and expected no less. As an assistant manager I would assist the manager in training the new associates and new management that would come.
Tax Preparer/ Accounting (Current Employee), Mineral Wells, TXMarch 30, 2015
Very productive place to work that contains a lot of room for opportunity in your personal career. If you are looking to become a CPA this is a great company to start your foundation.
Productive Workplace
pick packer (Former Employee), Stockbridge, GAMarch 24, 2015
The job was very routine. But, each employee had the opportunity to learn a new position of their desire. Especially when they felt as if they couldn't handle the requirements for one position.
Fun place to work with amazing team members.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Buford, GAMarch 24, 2015
Working at Carters has helped me to become a team player and understand what it means to work alongside others in a professional setting. I've learned about different types of sales and how to better communicate with each customer that walks through the door. I've helped show different promotions that occur everyday. I've had to change window displays that tell what current promotions we have in the store at that time. One of the most enjoyable parts about working there is being able to the see the different children and babies that come to shop and how each has a different personality.
Fun, fast-paced, and Friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
Fun, fast paced environment. Friendly, co-workers, and management. Very understanding and flexible. Gained a lot of knowledge.
Overall Good Company to work on but experiencing growing pains
Operations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 11, 2015
The company is good to work for and the rapid growth is beginning to shift focus from a scrappy entrepreneurial culture to one with much more (unnecessary) red tape and formality to get things done.
Receiver/Forklift Operator/Shipping Dock Worker (Former Employee), Hogansville, GAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: good pay
Had a good time working at carter hate that they close down the pay was good and good people also. Plus you got good hours there
Carter's Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAMarch 9, 2015
Pros: easy
Cons: no benefits, low salary
A typical day at work is helping customers find clothing for children. Sometimes, we must push sales, promotions, and other deals. Other menial tasks include cleaning, folding clothing, and replenishing merchandise to the sales floor.

This kind of job really is intended for young people set on a small job while going to school. It is not a supplemental income for a single person living on his/her own.

Management is friendly but very serious when it comes to sales.

1 2 3 4 5

About Carters, Inc

The william carter company was founded in 1865 by william carter in needham, mass. it is one of the oldest and largest branded – Read more

Carters, Inc Salaries