Carthage College Employee Reviews in United States

The Psychology Department is Wonderful
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 6, 2016
The culture of the Psych Department features open communication, continuous, evidence-based, process-oriented improvement, and respect for both tenured and part-time faculty. It is by far the most pleasant place that I have ever worked in academia.

The culture is unusual, but the resources available for adjuncts, as well as their opportunities for advancement, are not unusual. You will have no office, no secure place to keep course or personal materials, and no possibility for advancement. There is free parking for faculty, though, which is great.
Pros
Free Parking, Professional Respect
Cons
No office, no advancement
The president's office is a great environment for students.
Student Assistant Office of The President (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 14, 2016
My typical day at work involves average secretary work. I am responsible for the direction of phone calls to the correct office and the guests who have meetings with the president.
Pros
Free dinner for special occasions
I learned many skills to help an organization run and I made a lot of connections among current students, faculty, and alumni.
Office Assistant for Institutional Advencement (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 19, 2016
A typical day's work would change everyday. Managing the needs of the office and everyone in it was rarely boring. My job also included helping at events, such as homecoming, commencement, and various awards dinners. My coworkers were other students the staff of the Institutional Advancement office and it was wonderful getting to know everyone. The hardest part of the job was double checking all official records, such as contact reports to potential donors, seating charts for events, and travel receipts, to make sure everything met our format and standards. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from all over the world whom were connected to Carthage.
Carthage College
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 18, 2016
My review of Carthage is very strong, I enjoyed living in Kenosha, WI and my time was well spent and I learned some very valuable lessons.I had a great some great people around me and I very thankful for the opportunity. The hardest part about the job was being so far from my family.
Pros
Style of Living
Cons
Money
College campus leading incoming freshman
Certified Success and Engagement Coach (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 25, 2016
Received certification in Success and Engagement particularly for college students; learned/taught to assist students in their personal and academic enrichment. Also advised five freshman Carthage students during their first semester at school; focused on helping students transition, their physical/mental well-being, and academic success
Productive and Fun environment
INSTITUTIONAL ADVANCEMENT OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 23, 2016
Met a lot of great people and learned a lot of crucial things to help me in my life. I was given the opportunity to work in the donation sector of the college and got to come in to contact with a lot of alumni which was really cool.
Awesome college atmosphere
Lifeguard/Resident Assistant/Art Gallery Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMarch 16, 2016
Great place to work! I enjoy flexible hours and a great team of very valuable people. Working on campus is always a blast.
Great job to practice the skills of a chemist
Carthage College Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIFebruary 4, 2016
As a lab assistant, you find yourself making various types of solutions everyday. At Carthage, you get assigned one or two labs depending on the hours you are assigned. Those labs are then your responsibility to prep, assist, and clean up after. Often times a professor might ask you to perform the lab yourself just to make sure the expected outcome is present, and to make sure the lab can be done within the time constraints of the class.
Your assignments come from both the lab manager and the professor whom you are assisting. Usually both are very cooperative and helpful if you have any questions or come across any difficulty when prepping or performing a lab.
The best part of the job is helping the other students during their lab periods. Being able to answer any questions and make sure they are successful is a very rewarding feeling.
Awesome opportunity for students!
Japanese Tutor (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 21, 2016
I am appreciative of the opportunity to work at Carthage while going to school. Flexible, understandable, great environment.
Pros
Flexible!
Good baseline
Carthage College Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 2, 2015
Pay is not great. Co-workers are nice. Not a very organized lab. There are no benefits. Hours are flexible. Hardest part is being new. Most enjoyable part is getting work done. Management is nice. I learned a lot of lab techniques.
Cons
disorganized
Fun and easy going work environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 1, 2015
The facility lets the staff do what it takes to teach the students. There is plenty of help if you need assistance. Everyone from IT to directors have time if you need something.
Pros
Easy going
Competitive, easy going, competitive
Women's Volleyball Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 21, 2015
working with college athletes is very enjoyable and fun. The girls work hard and lots of improvements were made during the course of the season.
Great place to work while going to school
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 3, 2015
I very much enjoyed working in the IT Department at Carthage College. Flexible with my hours so my education was not hindered.
Work with a variety of people and learn good communication skills.
Departmental Fellow (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 6, 2015
Have learned helpful secretary skills and communication skills here at Carthage. I enjoy taking to students and faculty. As a departmental fellow it is enjoyable working with professors.
SPANISH LANGUAGE SI LEADER (Former Employee) –  Writing CenterMarch 26, 2015
I love working as an SI Leader at Carthage. It fits into my schedule and I can be flexible. This job includes attending a class to take notes on what they are learning, preparing study sessions, and addressing students' personal concerns.
Productive and hard-working envioronment
Wide Receivers Coach-Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIDecember 2, 2014
I enjoyed my time with this organization and I learned a lot about how the business of collegiate sports works. It was extremely enlightening and rewarding work.
A lacking college paper
Reporter (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 14, 2014
Like the real newspaper industry, this on campus job was less than awe-inspiring. It was a fun thing to do with friends, but no one on campus took the paper seriously. During the end of the school year, lots of students don't really work with you on stories either.
Pros
get out and meet a lot of people you normally wouldn't have, easy work for not a lot of money
Cons
pay sucked, deadlines sometimes were rough
Awesome Learning Experience
Psychology & Political Science Student (Former Employee) –  HavanaSeptember 15, 2014
I would love to have stayed in college here longer to take advantage of all of the available educational opportunities.
Nice place to work
Admissions and Financial Aid Representative (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 11, 2014
I found my job really rewarding. The only negative was long hours in the admissions department
Very comfortable and relaxing workplace
Student Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WISeptember 9, 2014
At Carthage college I work as the student manager for the Men's Volleyball team. Being that I am a student working with these guys has been an amazing experience. They are like family too me now and I plan on continuing with this job until I graduate. The coach of this team has been more than understanding with my hectic schedule and he has been a great guy to work with and I couldn't ask for a better boss.

4.5