Carver Federal Savings Bank Employee Reviews

Assistant Vice President, Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2018
The bank is very supportive with new employees. Great training is provided. Excellent management team. Everyone works together. Human resources is supportive.
Pros
Great HR team and management. The DM cares about the well being of her employees
Cons
Hours can be long if you are short staffed
Excellent Place to work
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2018
it's a beautiful place to work, everybody knows everybody. Learned a lot, The hardest part of the job is the system. The most enjoyable art is everything.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
slow system, low salary, limited benefits
Fun people to work with
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
Great place to wot with exciting place. AML Investigations is an great career choice with exposure to many different kinds of cases. It a collaborate type of jobs that typically requires some discussion among co-workers to arrive a proper disposition.
Overall Productive Experience
Project Consultant /Senior Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2017
Enjoyed working at Carver with the Chief HR Officer and the rest of the folks at the Bank. There were professional and dedicated to getting the job done.
Just awful
AVP, CRA Officer and Special Projects Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Carver is the worst place I've ever worked, and I've worked in fast food. The management has no clue what they're doing. 90% of Carver employees are phoning it in, barely doing their jobs, and if they're working they're probably doing it wrong. Turnover rate is incredibly high, possibly in excess of 20% annually, which is a reflection of the poor morale and management's inability to retain talent.

The only good thing about working for Carver is that they maintain a strict 9-5 schedule. However, if you may end up staying late to do someone else's work because they are too incompetent to do it themselves.
bad management
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 14, 2017
had a great mentor...once he left is was all downhill...terrible manager who went through 3 new employees in the first 3 months there. senior manager was blind to everything that was going on eventually department was dismantled.
Pros
access to some very good senior managers
Cons
bad work life balance
Small working enviroment with opportunities to grow
Vice President - Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2017
A small company with significant exposure to management and a chance to grow as a productive professional in the financial services industry. Supportive management.
Loved the Customers
Professional Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYOctober 13, 2016
Bank is in a good location for business.
Loved the culture in the neighborhood.
Worked with sum great tellers.
They have nice holiday conventions.
Pros
Public and Mass transportation is near
Cons
Healthcare is HIGH
Great place
Branch Operations Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2016
Great place to work, great learning experience. Gave me a chance to grow. Allowed me to learn alot and understand company. Would recomend this company to anyone.
A great bank whose focus is on building communities
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 3, 2016
Carver Bank is a great place to work, if you see it as more than just a job that you get paid to do. Like anything else you must have a passion for it. And if you have a passion for what you do, it has a value, that is greater than any paycheck. I have a passion for what I do and because I have a passion for what I do I LOVE IT. I love helping people, whether it is internal or external customers. I love knowing that I added just a little bit of value to someone's day even if it is just saying "Good Morning" or holding a door open for my customer, or pulling out their seat for them, and vice versa.

Want to know more about Carver Federal Savings Bank?

Ask a question
Great work days room for growrth
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 24, 2015
Great experience in banking, i learned hands on about then company products. Haredest part was getting customers to open new accounts
Pros
Hour long lunches
Cons
Only part time hours
Many problems to fix. Great work environment
Branch Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 19, 2015
A great company to start out in banking. You learn alot. Its a small bank staff and everyone is always willing to help you. Theres many room for growth and improvement
A place with good intentions but bad management
Accountant/Reconciliation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2015
It's a learn as you go environment where no one takes accountability for their actions. It's all about who you know, not what you know, and it's difficult to get your work done efficiently because there are people always trying to tell you they know better than you even though they are not familiar with your area of expertise.
Fun place to work, good people, Great mission
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 13, 2015
Company has a great mission, Managers are willing to help you improve. Employees are hardworking and driven. Carver gives employees a lot of work load which make them well rounded in their field.
Company places emphasis on sales rather than employee satisfaction thus their is a very high turn over of workers.
Pros
Customers are great and staff proffessional
Cons
Poor salary and compensation for work load.
stressful
Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 17, 2014
working as a teller is very stressful. this was not my favorite place to work.
n/a
Bank Teller/ Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYAugust 14, 2014
not a good place to grow, petty upper management, company needs to be reconfigured
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
good worning enviroment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2014
My first bank job and I learned a lot working there. I started as a teller and advanced to Asst. Manager
Good Company / Great Values
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2014
Its a good company to work for and the porfolios and services offered to customers are great, but the pay is kind of low for the cost of living in New York.
Pros
Good message and packages
Cons
low pay
Rewarding atmosphere
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2014
It's a place where your monetary & spiritual needs get met. It is one of the largest congregations in NYC with amazing leadership. I had a chance to learn a lot about grant writing and use my statistical skills acquired in college.
Pros
Great people who are passionate about the mission.
Cons
Not enough work & funds to keep a full time staff
provide the customers with the best customer service avialable with my team
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 4, 2014
Go in meet with my team, state the daily focus role play and get our day started.

Work with a community bank and participated in alot of community events.

Enjoy working with my team.

No work/ life balance
Pros
My team
Cons
noo job work/ life balance