Casa de la Luz Hospice Employee Reviews

Great people, service oriented environment
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 20, 2016
Wonderful spirit of giving in this organization. Great co-workers. Hardest is getting it all done. Job/work is diverse.
First class care
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2015
This job gave me the privilege of caring for folks at the end of their lives. My experiences revolutionized my thoughts about death and dying for the rest of my own life.
Pros
Spiritual midwivery
Cons
Nightshift was not a good choice for me
Mgmt does not have your back
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  TucsonJanuary 24, 2015
Managers are fine to your face but work behind your back to get rid of you if they don't like you or feel you may be a threat to them as far as advancing. Most managers are from Gentiva not up from the ranks. Most nurses have not been there more than five years as the older ones moved on when the culture turned more corporate than family owned. Such a shame! If you speak Spanish they use you all over the county and don't compensate for it.
Pros
Good benifits, good IT dept, good inpatient unit
Cons
no consistentcy btwn mgrs. most of them from Gentiva, do not have your back
Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 4, 2015
I am visiting patient or assisting for events. I don't know how it is to work for them, but I enjoy volunteering there.
Previous worker
RNCM (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 4, 2014
I was an RNCM who was railroaded into quitting my job by the office "Politics". The managers DO NOT have your back. The nursing staff as well as HHA, SW and Chaplains are amazing.
Pros
Great nurses
Cons
Managers only care about the bottom line. Horrible office politics. Pay is less then other places.
Casa de la Luz is the best place to work one can imagine
RN (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 19, 2014
Support of staff is unfailing. Administrators and team players have mutual respect and caring. Fairness is a key work when describing this place of work. I would recommend it to anyone
Pros
all round wonderful working atmosphere
Cons
charting seems endless, but it is no more than any place else
Top notch employer
RN case manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 2, 2014
I recently began working as an RN case manager for this company. New jobs traditionally come with lots of chaos and sometimes being thrown to the wolves. This is not the case at all with Casa. I walked in to a detailed and thorough orientation and a very hands on supervisor. The two ladies that own the business manage it themselves on a daily basis. They check in on staff throughout the day and are genuine. The other RN's I've been assigned to work for are knowledgable and eager to teach. I've never been made to feel as if I'm in the way. Casa is a well oiled cohesive team that I'm blessed to have become a part of.
Pros
Support from management, friendly coworkers, rewarding work, scheduled hours adhered to thus far
A wonderful place to work
On-Call Coordinator (Former Employee) –  7740 N. Oracle Road Tucson AZ 85741January 29, 2014
My job encompassed everything from a patient in the onset of Hospice until the culmination of the patient's life. I was responsible for not only ensuring the patient's needs were met, but also the needs of the patient's family. I hope my resume will highlight my job description and look forward to speaking with prospective employers about, not only that job, but other qualifications I could bring to my future employer.
Wonderful co-workers.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 17, 2013
My experience was great in terms of training. However, I experienced a "forced to quit" situation, which brought about a very negative result in the possibility of any future career as a CNA. After the occurrence of a work related injury, and my termination, no employment options were available, nor were any further compensation opportunities offered.
Can be partly home based work
RN (Former Employee) –  Tucson AZDecember 6, 2012
I love this company. Most employees are great and fun to work with. Lots of travel within the city limits, charting can be done at home via satellite computer that they provide. Work load can be heavy at times, but all in all its still a great place to work minus the office politics.
Pros
work from home, bonuses, free dental ins, mileage reimbursement
Cons
lots of driving, no overtime pay, exempt employee
Great place to work!
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 6, 2012
The people I work with are wonderful, I'm happy to see people genuinely caring for not only their patients but also their employees.
Certified Music Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 29, 2012
The two women who own and operate Casa de la Luz are amazing. They have created an organization that truly cares about people and treats them with respect and dignity. Casa helps patients and their families get through the most difficult and confusing time in their lives. Employees are also treated with respect and genuine caring, and everyone is part of the team.

Casa de la Luz Hospice Reviews by Location