CASA GRANDE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews in United States

Great experience.
Lab Tech II/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZApril 13, 2016
This job allowed me to explore a job field that I had never been exposed to in the past. The hours were difficult as they changed, but it definitely allowed me to learn about working directly with customers.
Average hospital work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 31, 2015
The usual day at work at this hospital pharmacy included refilling the pyxis machines in all of the departments of the hospital. Providing the proper medications on an as needed basis for the patient in the intensive care unit. Maintaining stock levels of any and all medications within the pharmacy, checking temperature levels of refrigerated medications.

One of the greatest things learned at this type of job is the level of attention that is needed to perform the job optimally and make sure that there are no mistakes in the process. There is no room for error when one is dealing with a person's life. Management in the pharmacy was sub-par unfortunately, situations that I would bring up to the director of Pharmacy would go unheeded until it became a big problem. For the most part the co-workers were great and very helpful when I had questions about how to do something or I did not have the knowledge about a particular process. The most difficult aspect of the job was knowing exactly where everything was when it needed to be found in the pharmacy, the position of certain products needed to be changed from time to time to accommodate new amounts of medication or just new medication itself.

I would have to say the most enjoyable part of the job was when I would go out and do my twice daily rounds to deliver medication and refill the dispensing machines. I particularly liked it because I would be able to interact with different people i.e. nurses, doctors, patients and their family members.
The peolple that I worked with as well as the patients I cared for made my time there memorable.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 24, 2014
One of kind hospital. Warm and personable. Everyone, from kitchen staff and RNs to housekeepers; it was like family.
CGRMC is an excellent team to be a part of.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZSeptember 25, 2014
Casa Grande Regional Medical Center is an excellent team to be a part of. During my time with CGRMC, my duties included performing general radiography, fluoroscopic and C-arm exams.
Pros
excellent facility.
Day ER PFC Lead (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 10, 2014
Learned a lot about admitting, registration and overall in my job title,
Pros
lots of potential
Cons
not anything to write about
A fast paced environment
Patient Companion (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJuly 7, 2014
C.G.R.M.C. is a very caring and fast paced environment. Management and co-workers are very professional and friendly. Patients vary from the best and worst parts of the job. Although, there's no benefits included and the job is very intensive at times.
Pros
1 free lunch
Cons
no benefits, healthcare, dental, sick / vacation time
Excellent setting for OTA fieldwork
OTAS Fieldwork Level I (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 27, 2014
I was exposed to a wide variety of patients with different diagnoses, and was taught by skilled OTRs and PTs during the fieldwork.
I found the experience to be challenging and rewarding. The collaboration with my fellow therapy team members was invaluable for the learning and encouragement I received.
Pros
opportunity for independent research, collaboration with team
Friendly and welcoming workplace with wonderful ties to the community.
Certified Nursing Assistant/Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, ArizonaDecember 28, 2013
The hardest part of the job is helping those patients who have either given up on life or are just having an extra hard time with their specific health concern. They are depressed and its just heartbreaking to see their problems, but then they also respond to the smallest thing its also the most rewarding sometimes!
Pros
% off food
Cons
breaks and actual lunches are rarely observed or enforced
Amazing team and work experience
Certified Central Sterile Tech II (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 19, 2013
I have found such wonderful people to work with here at Casa Grande Regional Medical Center. True compassion even when the going got tough everyone got tougher and helped out.
Pros
solid relationships with coworkers and upper managment
Cons
not enough work load at low peak times of the year.
Staff RN
Staff RN working on the medical-surgical floor (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 9, 2013
Working on a med-surg unit in a small community hospital. The co-workers were mostly kind and helpful with a nurse educator who was dedcated to her job.
Pros
small community
Cons
census would drop from april to november and working came down to one 12 hour shift a week.
I love my job
CLA (Current Employee) –  casa Grande,azOctober 26, 2013
I'm pretty sure I know who wrote the review about the lab.he's a jerk..anyway

I love working in the lab. Everyone is great to work with and everyone gets along great. They make work enjoyable.
The nurses are great for the mmost part. Usually very nice to us. ER nurses are great to work with.

I do feel like we are not paid competitively at all, and with the shifts we work it's hard to find child care.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
pay.shifts
Great place to volunteer
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 20, 2013
I was a student volunteer at CGRMC. I worked in OB/GYN and HR. Between filing paperwork and hearing the screams of newborns I was kept quite busy. I had a lot of fun volunteering here and would love to do it again.
Telemetry, Pediatrics, ER, PIT CREW (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJune 10, 2013
Great place to work, i have learned alot of new things and the Doctors are always willing to teach new procedures. I enjoy my coworkers and the supervisor team.
worst place ever. picking up cans is better
Phlebotomy (Former Employee) –  casa grandeMay 12, 2013
Q.This place doesnt not care about its employees. Well the one that voice concern about anything. They have favorites! The supervisor sits around pretending to work but is on the phone with personal calls all day. She lets her favorite employees sit in the office with her. Even letting certain personal friends take very long breaks and use there personal phones. While the other employees work hard. We cant speak up about because then we get in trouble. The supervisor does not have any people skills, the director should see by now why the turn around is so big in the department. Over all this place cares only for its self. They are dirty and do not follow correct protocol when it comes to sanatizing or handwashing. Even the housekeepers do not follow protocol. The floors are disgusting the patient room vents are full of dust and lint. The Ceo should walk around checking those things. If you want the employees to talk about you while you are getting care then this is the place to go.
Pros
pto
Cons
no moral or values of its employees
awful management
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  casa grande,azMay 5, 2013
Honestly-I have never worked at a place where I felt so unappreciated by the management, we are called in over and over for a multitude of mandatory meetings where we get humiliated about our charting. They are the ones who picked Cerner-not us. Anyway-I work on a floor where more than half of the people I work with have been given a notice of concern. One employee was a good and caring nurse-he made 1 mistake and was immediately fired then was reported to the state board of nursing. I work with an un derstanding that I will have a nurses aide on the floor to help-but they make her stay home almost every shift without pay on call. I am full time but only work part time as I am put on call every single week.I like my co-workers. The director does not listen to us-she makes up the notices of concern before even talking to us about the problem.

They don't offer any matching with the 401 k,health insurance is good but extremely expensive for family
Pros
the nurses i work directly with
Cons
managent only cares about getting what they want-listening to the nurses is not important
Unprofessional and no work/life balance.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  casa grande, azMarch 21, 2013
You will be asked to be available ALL the time. There is NO work life balance. Managers lie and are unprofessional.
Cons
no 15 minute breaks-ever
Working with co-workers that seem like family.
Customer Service/Admitting (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZFebruary 2, 2013
The best part of my job are the patients. I feel everyday I help them by registering them and having compassion and knowledge of my job.
Pros
incentives to stay healthy
Cons
short breaks
x ray
Medical Transporter (Former Employee) –  casa grande azJanuary 24, 2013
Picked up people for there apt droped them off at the x ray dep.gave meds to thoses needed it.sign froms for the patients. did frist aid and cpr classes.
Pros
a nice and calm job
Cons
seeing people pass away
does not value employees/
former employee (Former Employee) –  casa grande regional medical centerNovember 13, 2012
Terrible place to work.The revolving door of emplyees is a statement for how they treat them. Any warm body to fill a position. The "happy" customers in they'er flyers and calenders are all employees. If you question any inappropriate practice or buck the "good ol boys" network, they find a way to get rid of you. The hospital talks about moving into the modern era of medicine but won't change the old habits they have followed for years.
Pros
the hard working staff that provides service to the patients.
Cons
management
best company of heart 2012
IT Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZAugust 22, 2012
I have really enjoyed my time with CGRMC over the past seven years. It is a great place to work with great officers in charge.
Pros
very comfortable and friendly, community oriented
Cons
geographic area does not allow for pay scale appropriatness