The receptionist at Casa Loma College is the first point of contact, the face and the voice, representing the organization to students, prospective students, staff, faculty and the public.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain a positive, professional environment in the front office at all times and notifies supervisor immediately of any disruptive behavior by a student or the general public.
- Interfaces with visitors, guests, the general public and students.
- Receive, screen and forward all telephone calls to appropriate personnel.
- Provide information to callers.
- Ensure knowledge of staff movements in and out of organization.
- Screen and direct students with questions to the appropriate personnel
- Receive and distribute incoming correspondence; maintain continuous supply of postal stamps for prompt distribution of outgoing mail.
- Track all incoming packages (FedEx, UPS, Postal Service, etc.)
- Provide clerical support for administrative personnel as requested.
- Enter all prospective student calls on daily lead sheet and computer data base.
- Maintain office supplies inventory
- Work closely with Campus Director on all phases of front desk operations
- Monitor visitor access and maintain security awareness
- Schedule appointments if requested.
- Tidy and maintain the reception area at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality in the matters of student and employee information. (FERPA Compliance)
- Assist admissions department with student activities, graduation preparation and other events.
- Other special administrative or clerical support duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- High school diploma required
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Keyboard skills
- Ability to work a multi-line phone
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Professional personal presentation
- Customer service orientation
- Organizing and planning
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities
Indeed - 12 months ago