Casa Pacifica Employee Reviews

fun
Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAMay 22, 2017
it was a good environment, safe and great team to work with very understandable and lots of great meetings were you learn more and more with the emergency shelter
Great experience but poor support
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAApril 17, 2017
You work 12 hours plus every day. you got to help and support individual that need positive individuals in their lives. Management could be better with more support.
Great Job
Assistant Cottage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CADecember 13, 2016
great learning experience. great staff. lots of room for growth. never a dull or boring moment on the job. often multi tasking. long hours, days go by quickly
Great Employer
Child Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CANovember 21, 2016
They are a great organization to work for. the management staff is friendly, helpful, and respect their employees. Casa Pacifica is a team of committed and dedicated professionals
A fun and ermersive learning enviornment
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAOctober 20, 2016
Helping youth learn and process through day to day stressful situations. Guiding at risk youth to make better and educated decisions when in crisis. Keeping campus safe.
Pros
working with
Cons
very short breaks
Casa Pacifica
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CASeptember 6, 2016
Casa Pacifica is a caring loving place. They live by their mission. The encourage their employees to help and be active in their community. I have learned many things for my time at Casa Pacifica and will always cherish my family there.
Pros
Encourage
Cons
Money of a Non Profit Job Title
Fun very helpful organization and effecient
Administrative Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 28, 2016
Every day started off with allot of friendly people which enjoyed working for such an effective and efficient organization. The benefits and pay was great. This was a contract position which ended after one year.
Pros
haveing a 980 schedule every other Friday off.
Cons
Contract was not extended
YDS review
Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 28, 2015
Working at Casa Pacifica was very life changing for me. I loved helping the children who were in need. But helping these children can take a huge toll on you. Its not an easy job at all, but a fufilling one. It will teach you about yourself and about the foster care system in general.
Outstanding shelter for foster youth in our community.
Youth Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 14, 2015
Casa Pacifica has the staff and resources necessary to provide youth with a safe environment with cultural competence and Casa teaches the youth living there social skills, personal competence and individual responsibility while fostering their self-esteem.
Pros
Provides staff with meals. Great work morale.
Cons
Hourly wage is low.
daily challenge
Behavior Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAApril 21, 2015
Nice place, good workers to work with. Team players, high challenging work area. Dealing with adolescents that can be very difficult to get through. Every day was a new exciting challenge
Pros
challenging
Cons
challenging
CIRT Team member
CIRT (Current Employee) –  Camarillo,CaMarch 13, 2015
I am currently employed on the CIRT team as a full time staff member. I absolutely LOVE my job, because it provides so much diversity. You are never doing the same thing everyday. You meet with a wide range of clients and families. I have gotten an incredible clinical experience working on the CIRT team. You receive a lot of support from the supervisors and program directors, as well as the other staff members in the program.
Pros
Great clinical experience, in vivo supervision, always someone available for consultation, great team and management support
Rewarding job
Assistant Supervisor/Youth Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CAFebruary 12, 2015
Casa Pacifica was an extremely rewarding employment oppurtunity. Helping kids has always been a passion of mine and this job provided a good atmosphere and possibility to do so. Although it may be challenging at times, there is no better feeling than knowing you made an everlasting impact on the life of a person; especially a child.
Pros
Good coworkers and welcoming enviornment
Cons
Some long days, and harsh working conditions depending on clients.
Great work environment.
Per Diem/ Child Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  camarillo, californiaNovember 24, 2014
Great work environment.
perfect work environment for psychology majors taht are just graduating and entering the work force.
trained campus
Motivational Speaker (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CASeptember 6, 2014
provided a communication specialist that showed me how to speak properly learned edict and pronunciation,adjustment and treatment goal plans, set together flyers petitions, meetings, groups, went to commities,
Pros
free stuff, meeting people, celebrities, traveled, gained alot of experiance
Cons
roll call, time schedules, budgets, and intake
CIRT program director horrible
Crisis Clinician (Former Employee) –  CamarilloAugust 3, 2014
Was hired with three other MFT's and incredibly manipulative controlling CIRT program director (camarillo) had forced every single one of us to quit after 3-4 months. We were pushed out after director had offered no guidance and set up multiple trap/tests on us in the office and out in the field while we were trying to help save young kids lives. Been in mental health 15+ years and have never been treated so poorly by a supervisor and her secretary. The entire psychological team that works there are treated very poorly, low pay, and abused by this horrible dictator.
Pros
Cons
Too many
A great community of people to work with who are all there for the same purpose.
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camarillo, CAJuly 21, 2014
Throughout my years working here, I have learned so much; a lot about myself, my ability to handle stressful situations as well as the population that we serve. Everyday, I walk into work not knowing what the day is going to bring, especially because of the youth that we work with. We never know if and when they will have an episode and what it will look like. We are beyond blessed to have such amazing training and staff to work together and help us care for the youth. It is because of the constant collaboration and support from the staff that we are able to stay safe and constantly provide for our youth.
Pros
collaboration amongst staff, connecting with the youth, constantly learning and growing
Cons
stressful, tiresome, physical and emotionally draining
nice place to work
OFFICE JANITOR (Former Employee) –  camarillo caFebruary 7, 2013
i help with cleaning of the office and the bathrooms also at the time i was still a student
Pros
30 free lunch
Cons
break went fast
Productive and fun
Therapeutic Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAMarch 19, 2012
It was a great working environment. Great team who provided lots of support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casa Pacifica. Our community is ready to answer.

Casa Pacifica Reviews by Location