CASCADE DRILLING Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Going down hill fast
Driller/Operator (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJJuly 26, 2017
This company is going down hill fast. Recently had a ton of lay offs. Tons of guys quitting. That tells you one thing...the employees are treated poorly. A typical day at work is waking up at 5:00 AM, drive to the shop, pick up your truck and trailer you are using for the day, inspect it, leave for your job site to be on site by 7:30, then work 8-12 hours on a job site with a lot of heavy lifting, then drive back to the shop, clean your truck and do it all over again the next day. Days like this you will be home at 8:00 or 9:00 PM. This job gives you no social life. You are expected to be available for weekends even on short notice. On top of that, not one time did anyone tell me "thank you" or "great work." Instead they point out all the negative things that went wrong on site. Easy to point out and sound like a genius in hindsight. Management will never take the blame for a decision they made. They will always find a way to twist it to make it your fault. You better like the guys you work with because you are stuck with them constantly. The only good thing about the job was the money but at what cost? Totally not worth it. Find another company. If you still decide to work here...you have been warned.
Pros
money
Cons
No social life, horrible management, long hours, not rewarding
Terrible Company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDMay 30, 2017
Do not work here. It's a terrible company. Poorly managed. They are constantly cutting cost at the expense of the employees. They don't care about you. They will work you to death and show no appreciation for your hard work.
Great Company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woodinville, WAOctober 12, 2016
Everyone is so friendly, I have the best boss, and they really take care of you. Coworkers get along well with one another. The company is very generous.
Pros
Monthly corporate lunches
Fun place to work
Rig Hand (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 6, 2015
Often times we where with work due to the strict EPA guidelines. Work started promptly at 6 or 7 am. Very labor intensive labor for often 10 -14 hours a day. We were a small branch of a very large company. Our office employed 4-5 employees so work relationships were very strong and tight-nit. Overall the company held us to high standards that often could not be met. Safety standards were very high and surprisingly enough were easy to accomplish.
Pros
Fortunate to have learned a little bit about the drilling industry
Cons
Down time
Local management was wonderful
Administrative Assistant / Field Work (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OrOctober 27, 2014
Usually a busy day to day atmosphere. I became more confident in my job skills at this company and constantly tried to keep them sharp. I started to learn AP/AR an how to bid jobs with oversight from management. The local management was wonderful and were great teachers when learning something new and always tried to make sure that it was a relaxed, professional, safe and fun environment for myself and co-workers. I truly enjoyed learning the new skills like the AP/AR and job bidding.