Cascade Health Services Employee Reviews

Lots of friendly smiling faces
Intern (Former Employee) –  Castroville, TXJanuary 8, 2018
I was quite happy with the job. I loved the friendly staff i had the pleasure of working with. It was located in a cute town filled with nice, inviting people.
Pros
excellent working conditions
Cons
non
Productive and fun place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  KansasNovember 15, 2017
The joy of working with this company was that it was never the same thing day in and day out. This agency provides last minute fill ins for staffing. I enjoyed traveling throughout the city to various businesses providing the extra support.
Pros
traveling
Cons
As needed hours with no benefits unless upheld 40 plus hours per week
Great therapy team
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Meeting challenges to increase functional abilities and quality of life, the diversity and settings were appropriate for all types of treatment plans and meeting goals
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
No paid holidays
Cascade
Traveling CNA (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 11, 2017
Amazing place to work for. Very friendly and are always there to help you out for your best interest. Very outgoing and fun company that'll make you love your job.
Nice pay rate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJune 13, 2017
Nice pay rate, when you aren't cancelled. Very stressful. Everyone hates agency. you get cancelled a lot. Sometimes you will sign up for 50 hours in one week and get cancelled all but 24 hrs. hard to pay your bills when your checks are extremely irregular.
pro and con of job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 29, 2017
pro: expand your knowledge of other facilities, learn to work with a variety of people and the different ways they operate, flexible hours to work with your life style and priorities. Better pay then with more options of pay, great benefits, and managment is great with working with you to find and fix your hours,
con:hours per week vary sometimes places cancel and u lose the day of work if nothing else is availible
Pros
expanded experience in the healthcare field
Cons
cancellation can take a full day of pay out of your week check
Good Job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOMay 12, 2017
Great place to work plenty of over time and you pick and choose the shifts that you want to work.If you have flexibility than this is the company to work for.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they don't pay on time
Wonderful place to work
Agency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 24, 2015
Great place to work. They care about their employees. Good learning experiences. Lots of contracts in the Wichita area and this translates to different experiences.
Different people different sights
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 3, 2015
This company was good to work for considering they are a per diem company. You could make your own schedule and travel different places that took the redundancy out of going to work. You worked with many different types of people in different types of environments, giving you a diverse profile of what you wanted in an employer.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
no benefits
I'm glad I became an "Agency" nurse with this company!
RN (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 15, 2014
I was apprehensive at first, not knowing if I'd get enough hours, if I'd get stuck with all the worst assignments, etc. Working for the company full time for about 15 months now has made me overcome those concerns. They work with so many hospitals if you're willing to drive 20 minutes to 3+ hours away to work. It allows flexibility in my life like I didn't have as a staff nurse in a local hospital. If I get tired of one particular place, I don't have to go back if I don't want to. I don't get caught up in the drama of management vs staff, and I have made a lot of new friends! The management and staff of Cascade have always been friendly and easy to work with. My only concerns are how expensive insurance is if you have to support a family. It's not bad if you're by yourself. The compensation in pay helps offset the cost of insurance. Also, there's barely any PTO accrual. Maybe 1 hour every week where I was getting over 4 hours a week as a regular staff nurse (but now I'm getting paid a lot better than I was)! If I could change anything it would be more PTO and maybe more insurance coverage options.
Pros
Friendly staff, plenty of work, compensated well, flexibility
Cons
not enough PTO, insurance is expensive
Great Staffing Agency
RN-Travel nurse (Current Employee) –  Central and Eastern KansasAugust 15, 2014
I am a nurse and I work PRN and contracts, full time agency work. As long as you communicate with office staff they can work with you. They work around the days that I need off, however once contracted you mainly work with the facility that contracts you.

I do not take benefits so I don't know about that.

The hardest part of the job is being flexible enough to do your job in multiple facilities, but that is also the fun and enjoyable part. Some places don't take well to travelers and others do. The good part is, if you don't like a facility, you don't have to go back there again. You determine your schedule and how much you want to work.

The pay is better than most other travel agencies I have researched.
Very happy to be a part of the Cascade team
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2014
I've worked at Cascade for many years, and I can't really imagine being anywhere else. I make a good living and work with people I both respect and admire. It can be hard work and stressful at times, and it truly takes a certain kind of person to enjoy it and thrive in it, but that's what healthcare staffing is. You have to enjoy a challenge. Personally, I like that.

I have noticed a few negative reviews have been posted recently by a couple of disgruntled ex-office staff employees who were terminated not long ago. The truth is, they deserved to be let go. Plain and simple. No I wasn't their boss, but I did work side by side with them, and I got to see firsthand the problems they caused for everyone else. They didn't last long, and ultimately got what they deserved. I'll leave it at that.

Cascade expects a lot of you, no doubt. I work hard, but I know my work is appreciated, and I have the respect of my fellow team members, awesome clients and amazing field staff. I have enjoyed my time here, and hope to be at Cascade for years to come. I have developed some of my closest friendships here, with people I work with on a daily basis.

Cascade is a great place to work.
Pros
Fun environment, challenging, never boring, great people that I work with
Enjoyable
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Kansas/MissouriAugust 12, 2014
From the time I began working for Cascade until now, I have gained a great appreciation for the company, my co-workers, and the industry as whole. Great work environment, and team oriented. Cascade takes care of their employee's whether they are the office staff, or the PRN staff. I cannot see myself finding anything comparable with any other company. I have had my share of jobs, and this by far tops them all. Very laid back, people oriented company that strive for the best in their employee's to provide top notch care...
Pros
Great work environment; Family Oriented
Cons
No regular pay raises
Fast Paced Office Enviornment makes for a great place to work!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2014
We may have an extensive field staff but our corporate offices keep a staff of no more than 15 at this point in time. We're a tight knit group of people who work side by side day in and day out.

The company and management are great - I have nothing negative to say about Jonna (CEO) or Kellan (COO). I find them to be a brother/sister duo who truly care not only about the success of their business, but also the success of their employees. There isn't a ton of room for advancement here, but it's an good/steady place to work with decent benefits if you choose to take them.

Our field staff are a great group of healthcare providers who have been screened thoroughly (work history, background, drug screening, etc) prior to being hired. We strive to find them the best fit within the facilities we work with. If you love communicating, scheduling, and managing people - this would be a good fit for you.

I'm extremely pleased with the place that I work, the people I work for, and the people I work with!
Pros
Fantastic & tight knit group of co-workers
Cons
Cons are so minimal they aren't worth mentioning
Office Staff at Cascade are amazing....
MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 12, 2014
Being an office staff employee for Cascade is not the "easiest" job one could have, but I can assure you it is rewarding. Most of all, the service we provide to hundreds of hospitals/nursing homes in KS and MO is above average. The service we provide to our employees is above average. It is a great place to have a very long career and be successful, well compensated, part of a devoted team & so much more. The reason I say it is not "easy" is because the expectations are very high. The expectations are high, because those of us who want a great career and want to work for the best healthcare staffing agency in KS or MO want nothing less than to be the best. There have been office staff working here that were dishonest, troublemakers, not interested in being team oriented but instead self serving, etc. and they were discharged for cause or quit because they could not handle the work. Most people who have resigned left on great terms and most of us still speak. That is the majority of ex office staff for the past 20 years. Many of us have worked for Cascade for 4-15 years in fact most of us of 20 total have. The business began in 1988 and contrary to one of the "disgruntled" employee reviews, the company is highly stable and growing still. Each of us chuckled upon reading some of the negative (untrue) reviews because we could tell pretty well which ex office staff member wrote them. The expectations for working here whether it is the hours, pay (which is great by the way), benefits, etc. are very clearly stated prior to hire and ongoing and the policies are clear. Again---high  more... expectations and people are held to standards. People who are dishonest are quickly unwelcome. People who don't care about their work or who have no integrity will hate working here. If you don't like to follow the rules, you'll hate it too. Staffing agencies often have a high turner rate and huge burnout rate with regard to office staff. Cascade offers an atmosphere that fosters long term relationships and affords the staff opportunities to feel engaged, rewarded, responsible for the success of the company, etc.  less
Pros
pay, team atmosphere, great long term reputation
Cons
there is a lot to learn, the work is fast paced & can be stressful
Very productive, responsible, and reliabel person who enjoys the work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 9, 2014
I am a self-driven person who loves being around people. I love my job taking care of the elderly, and the young. I have learned to appreciate the things in life, and not to take things for granted. The hardest part of job is to see one of my patients pass away, and to see how sad their friends and family members are. The best part about my job is knowing I can come to a good place of work around some of the best people I love. Helping them gives me the ultimate satisfying feeling ever!
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Cons
Getting cancelled from a scheduled assignment.
Unprofessional!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  North Kansas City, MOJuly 5, 2014
Very negative, backstabbing place. Management sends out emails to groups of employees calling other workers derogatory names. Major ethical issues. Will hire any field staff with a pulse just to make a buck even if quality is subpar.
Don't waste your time
Office staff (Former Employee) –  Kansas CityJune 23, 2014
The work itself was enjoyable and challenging. The training and working environment, however, was sub-par. The radio is played so loudly in the office that you cannot hear on the phone while speaking to clients and employees. The training program was disappointing, not allowing enough time to adequately learn something before moving on.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Work environment, training
senery
CNA/CMA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 17, 2014
Loved working with different people every shift I worked. I learned to work with a lot of different personalities. The management was very easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was learning everyone's work patterns. I loved meeting new people.
You will work for nothing.
staffing (Current Employee) –  KC, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Every saturday, sunday and holiday, no exceptions, holiday pay sucks. This job is mentally exhausting. I work 10-13 hour shifts on the weekend, alone. The managers will point out all of your mistakes to the entire company, but you will never get a kudos or good mention for anything.... The pay does not compensate for the advantage of working at home. If you have any kind of life at all, this job is not for you. The employee turn over rate is ridiculous because they will treat their employees badly... You are not allowed to request weekends off, ever.... If you have kids with activities they will tell you the schedule is flexable, but it is not, you will not be able to go to kids activities if they fall during your scheduled shifts. Don't bother with this company, it is going under fast, employees are unreliable and get away with anything.... you'll hate yourself for taking a job here.