Cascades Tissue Employee Reviews

Dont work there if your a minority
plant relief (Former Employee) –  Mechanicville, NYMarch 3, 2017
Racist people work here be prepared to ear the n word daily the pay sucks swing shift with no room for advancement the supervisor when I worked there was the biggest racist there
Basic
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kingman, AZDecember 10, 2016
Great place to work. Flexible scheduling allows for more time at home. Good training program. The pay is very comparable for the area. Truly is a better place to work.
Pros
Free toilet paper
Cons
can get hot in the summer time
warehouse lead
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Wagram, NCNovember 9, 2016
I spent time working alongside the employees and visiting work sites. At times, I may need to perform the same physical tasks as the employees in order to meet deadlines. These tasks could include running a machine or driving the forklift.
Life at Cascades Niagara Falls
health & safety/Janitorial (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYSeptember 26, 2016
Things have improved here in 22 years, but some stuff has not. Safety & house keeping have improved. But management belittles you, and the moral here is pretty bad. Pay is decent, so that gets thrown in the employee's face often.
Pros
good pay
Cons
management & moral
awesome benefits, awesome pay, swing shift made personal life rough.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterford, NYAugust 27, 2016
I would work here again if given the chance. The company was a really good place to work, the work relations with other employees was also decent. We worked as a team a lot of the time. The swing shifts were rough but allowed for plenty of over time. Every other weekend off was also nice and allowed for family time of time to do stuff around the house.
Pros
pay, benefits, every other weekend off.
Cons
12hr shifts, swing shift, 2weeks days tne 2 weeks nights.
A good place to work
3rd hand/ Back Tender (Current Employee) –  Ransom, PAJune 24, 2016
a good place to work with decent wages and benefits. The company mainly and mostly operates with 12 hour swing shifts working holidays and weekends.
Excellent workgroup
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterford, NYApril 1, 2016
The company did leave something to be desired but I enjoyed the people I worked with. If our jobs didn't move back to Canada, I would still be there.
Awesome workplace with the opportunity to learn a lot.
administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Ransom, PADecember 28, 2015
Loved working as Cascades, felt very welcomed and accepted even as a temp worker. Leaned a lot even in just two months there and had some great mentors. Would have loved to have stayed with the company, but had to relocate. Cascades was a great place to work in a very professional atmosphere with some really good people.
going nowhere
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterford, NYMarch 25, 2013
Cascades is a decent place to work if you do not like advancement, but it did keep me bust for the 7.5 years I was there. I did enjoy learning new things about maintaining the machines I worked on. I did enjoy the help from some of the co-workers that were at the job longer than I was. Some of them had knowledge of how to make some aspects of the job easier and quicker.
Pros
free lunches on birthday, record production and some holidays
Cons
short breaks for long shifts