Case Farms

Case Farms Employer Reviews

High levels of productivity and attention to detail, while managing stressful situations.
Pack-Out Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Morganton, NCJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks, stress, micromanagment, broken equipment, high turnover rate
Working in a poultry further processing plant can be very challenging and stressful. There are numerous tasks to balance and complete throughout the shift. Every night when I come in, I must check my email and review any production shortages for customer orders, instruct my lead persons to ensure that these are completed prior to starting other orders. – more... Thus I must ensure that employees are using the correct material for packaging, the weights are accurate, and the quality is up to par. A follow up is necessary quite periodically with my leads and stack off department, in order to confirm the correct number of cases/pallets are completed for shipping. I have amazing and helpful coworkers who have more experience with managing employees and the industry. My managers also provide me frequently with helpful feedback to improve processes. The hardest part of the job is dealing with equipment that fails multiple times on a nightly basis. It becomes extremely frustrating that we never have sufficient and properly function equipment, in order to weigh and seal product, so that it may be palletized and be ready for shipping. Maintenance is helpful with repairs, but the equipment still continues to malfunction. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I am to handle the stress decently well, despite the excess malfunctions that may occur. I started off as a human resources assistant and was promoted to a production supervisor. What I have learned is, the production side is not as easy as it had seemed. However, it has been a great experience, and it has given me a better idea of what type of employees are needed to execute the jobs in an efficient and timely manner. – less
horrible place
rehang (Former Employee), winesburge ohDecember 10, 2013
Cons: managment
short breacks an with i have diabetes they would not alow my checks wihch got me fired because hat to go to hospital
steady work
Temporary Supply Inventory (Former Employee), Morganton, NCNovember 25, 2013
dissapointed the supply room position i held was only temporary
Machine Operator
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCNovember 6, 2013
This place was great. Lots of employees and over time availability. Has lots of growth potential.
An okay place to work. Management could've been a lot better.
Stack-off/MSC Lead Person (Former Employee), Morganton, NCOctober 23, 2013
Pros: free breakfast if we work on friday night.
Cons: working in the cold.
A good place to work hard. I learned how to lead people while there and handle myself in stressful situations. I also learned more about who I was by leading others. I enjoyed meeting all of my co-workers and working along side them while I was there. The hardest part of it all was working third shift.
productive
Farm Hand (Former Employee), Brookhaven, MSSeptember 17, 2013
Cons: bad working conditions
fed horses from day to day. the hardest part of the job was cleaning the stalls. most enjoyable part was riding the horses.
Not a very clean place to work Poorly Managed
Lead Purchase Agent/Inventory Control (Former Employee), Morganton, NCAugust 27, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: stay away from
Hected Rushed Unfair Treatment Race?!?!?!?!?!?!
The managers cannot be trusted
Poorly managed
Cut throat enviorment
keeping your job
NOTHING
Office Ok, Plant - Ewwww
Payroll Clerk (Former Employee), Winesburg, OhioAugust 26, 2013
I worked in the office here.
I would never want to work in the plant.
Loved my job
Production Office/Clerk (Former Employee), Dudley, NCMarch 22, 2013
Pros: working with the people i worked with
Cons: bad production days
Production Office/Clerk for the Par Fry division. We were the cook part of Case Farms. ALL and any item that came into the building that was to be used for production use came across my desk first and last. I maintained the Supervisors office and ran reports, sent reports of the days production run. I also helped install the CFS Inventory System and – more... maintained it. I loved working with my Co-Workers, and the production people on the floor. Hardest part of my job was the day I had to go out on Medical leave and was not able to return. The most enjoyable part of my job was being the Chairman of the CCP team (Company and Community Pride). We did alot of work inside the company for the employees and also in our community. When I started, we only sponsored one school, when I left, we sponsored 5. I enjoyed everyday even though some were harder than others, I love my job. – less
Manufacturing, Warehouse, Machine Operator
Deboner (Former Employee), Dudley, NCMarch 18, 2013
Pros: learning new things.
Cons: my last job had no cons
I enjoy working with ppl. I like working jobs dat keep me busy. I take alot from every experience. The hardest part of the job is learning new task. It ok because im a fast learner and a great mutlitasker..
very busy place
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Morganton, NCFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: pay was good
Cons: to much time away from my daughter and family
typical day at work was a very long 12 hours long day. I did not have time to spend with my daughter.
good job
box stacker (Former Employee), Canton, OHFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
i loved the job was a good job, the break hours were cool u work a lot harder here then alot a places if u worked here u can work any where.
Chicken
Laborer (Former Employee), Winesburg, OHJanuary 11, 2013
At this job I learned how to bone out a chicken leg quarter. I also got to train some of the americans. The quarters where on hooks on a line and you had to quickly bone them out as they went by you.
Fast paced food based industry
Mechanic (Former Employee), Morganton, NCDecember 9, 2012
Set up machines every morning depending on production needs and calibrated all plant scales including floor scales to FDA standards. Performed any unscheduled production repairs like replacing motors, belts, fuse, repaired work savers and lifts as well as replacing wheel or rollers on work savers.
cut chicken and pack chicken
shoulder cutter (Former Employee), Morganton, NCOctober 28, 2012
my typical at work was easy,i learned how to work with people from diffrent races
Busy days at chicken processing plant.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Winesburg, OHSeptember 21, 2012
Pros: good benefits. plenty of work.
Cons: cold, wet enviroment.
Enjoyed the people, the work was above average. Plenty of overtime hours. Decent paycheck.
it was a ok job.
driver/dockworker (Former Employee), Akron, OHAugust 29, 2012
the case farms dc is closed. it was cold,smelly,and you went home wet and cold. they had outdated trucks always broke down.
Nice place to work
QA (Quality Assurance) B22 (Former Employee), Dudley, NCApril 11, 2012
Working at Case Farms was very nice. I met new people everyday. Everybody worked hard to get the job done. Working in different areas helped to have a better understanding about the company.