Case Western Reserve University

Case Western Reserve University Employer Reviews

Fun workplace with lots to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Loved learning and working at your own pace. We had weekly reports and individual meetings every week.
Interning at Case Western
Student Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: professional work environment, learning opportunites, challenging opportunities
Cons: often working overtime, poor english skills from foreigners, lack of adaptability when it comes to schedule
Case Western is a great university for the most part. It carries a very professional air to it. But the lab work is demanding. I often worked over hours with no pay for experiments. Case Western is fairly diverse, but there is a surprising con to this: Some foreigners within speak poor English. It can be very strenuous trying to understand what they are saying.
A good univeristy for undergradute
Ph. D. candidate (Former Employee), chemsitry departmentJanuary 26, 2015
CWRU is a top university in ohio and especially the school of medicine is very famous for its legacy.
Working as a student
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Over the years, I've held a few student jobs at Case Western Reserve University, though I can't speak of being employed outside of the student employment positions. In the positions I've held, there was a nice balance between work and school, and many times the supervisors/employers were understanding of our sometimes unpredictable student schedules. The pay is decent (usually around $12/hr), so I would recommend getting a job as a student, if possible. It's also a great opportunity to gain experience and to network with professors and other people in your field of study.
Good, Productive
Senior Research Associate, Research Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 12, 2014
Interactive between staff and engineers
Energetic
challenging
Good!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2014
Progressing well in my research. I really enjoy here working. This is my first time in US. My work place is very good and friendly for me to work. I even go to fitness center twice a week.
Progressive Educational Environment
Grant Accountant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2014
I am an Accountant who prefers to work in a non profit environment. The atmosphere really suits my personality. I work for a research lab in which I manage the departmental grants and purchasing. In this role, I have become familiar with government funded grants and a bit about research in general. I really enjoy my work and find it fulfilling. I look forward to growing my career further at CWRU.
Sr Oracle Database Administrator
Sr Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Rockledge, FLOctober 30, 2014
• Maintenance and Administration of 11g/10g databases on, Red Hat Linux 4 Node Cluster with database sizes ranging from 30GB to 12TB and managed these databases in different Data Centers i.e USA, San Diego, Annapolis and Reporting databases.
• Performance Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Tuning at Instance level.
• Supporting three tier applications consisting of Web based Front End, WebLogic Application and Oracle backend database.
• Maintenance and Administration of the reporting database i.e CGA basically used for reporting to the external customers via daily ETL reports.
• Attending to the requests and tickets using Service Now and HCCP ticketing system.
• Monitoring of Databases using Oracle enterprise Manager and Toad. Monitoring at OS Level and Backups using oasis tool.
Enjoyed working with students and professors.
Department Assistant, Chemistry Department (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working with the professors learning different ways to create their work.
Cons: not being able to work overtime.
Didn't have a typical day at work everyday was different. I guess answering phones, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, typing classwork. What I learned is to be creative in everything you do. Organizing and managing various projects for dean and professors. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and being cross-trained for various positions in the department. The hardest part of the job was watching departments not interacting with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing the departments together as one. Being able to work together. The other things is learning to software programs.
Great Place.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2014
Spent over four years here, as a Ph.D. student and research assistant. CWRU is a small campus but great place to work and study. Very nice professor, students.
A very nice college to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland OHOctober 12, 2014
Advisor is really a very nice person. Enjoy working with him so much
Taking Ownership
Rather not say (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: tuition waiver benefit
Cons: compensation is not competitive
Employees must take ownership of one's career especially since many areas don't lend themselves to a natural career progression path.
great academic and technical university
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 16, 2014
learned much about medical technology and techniques. Investigated the cytokine activities of alveolar macrophages when stimulated by antigens via qualitative and quantitative molecular analysis.
CWRU
Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2014
It is an ok place to work. Not much room to move up the ladder. The benefits are terrible and pay little.
Fun Place to work
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: constantly learning
Cons: work/family balance is hard
Case is a good place to work. Interacting with Principle Investigators and Graduate students is rewarding, but can also be disheartening. Unless, you are willing to put in the time to advance in your career and have your PI support you in that movement.
Days can be long, weekends can be required if your project needs that attention.
Research-based school with music library, yes!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great faculty
Cons: student job
Working for the Case Western Reserve University library system is a really nice job. As a student assistant you get very flexible hours and a substantial amount of on the job training and support. The library system is a great place if you prefer quiet, structured interaction with people along with stretches of time to yourself for studying or homework. The Kulas Music Library is a satellite branch of the main library and is pretty cozy. Since the music department itself is small, you get to know the professors and grad students. You also get access to many excellent recordings and musical literature.
A fun, energetic place to work and amazing coworkers!
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2014
My day consists of assisting with planning events and outreach within the School of Medicine Development department. I learned how to meet deadlines under pressure while remaining calm, as well as how to plan a successful event from start to finish that resulted in a rewarding experience for all parties. My co-workers are full of energy, fun-loving and supportive. I enjoy everything about this position, and I look forward to advancing further in my career!
A fair and friendly place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2014
I like the university, especially the department of Pharmacology. The people are friendly and willing to share.
Productive, very professional
Research Buyer, Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: was room for advancement
Cons: new management took over and it brought about change
Was a very good place to work until no job security after being downsized.
Fun workplace. Much movement from management
Associate Director of Development (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2014
Allow you to be your own boss but when you need guidance, there was limited to be found.

1 2 3 4