Case Western Reserve University Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2015
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: Have to pay for parking
Fun place to work with the ability to work from home 3 days a week and anytime when needed outside the 3 days and also when bad weather hits.
Collegial and supportive environment
Assistant Professor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2015
Pros: very collaborative and supportive
Cons: little communication among management and faculty
Case is a very supportive and collegial environment where young faculty such as myself have the possibility of complement their knowledge with the established research environments. I believe part of my success as an independent investigator is due to such supportive environment.
Didnt turn out favorable for me but wasn't bad. Excellent opportunity.
121 Fitness Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Decent pay, Tuition reimbursement for job related area of study, Paid orientation and free lunch. Many different resources and perks to take advantage of.
Cons: High turnover in my department. High monthly parking rates.Limited alternatives for parking
Worked as the fitness center assistant manager. Job was fast paced at times, slow at others. Demands focus. Very high standards. Simply, being on time and doing your job effectively will obviously make – more... things simple and will ensure job security. Members are varied across the board. Staffed by students and managers, both of which constantly change due to the nature of work or the demand from executive management. Students were undependable. Overall, I enjoyed my time here. Learned a lot about workplace politics and expectations. – less
great school
PhD Researcher (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 1, 2015
place to learn the skill of breaking complex problems to manageable research elements for good progress and sustained interest and enthusiasm
Fun work Place, and worked with a great staff
Graduate Resident Mentor (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2015
I worked with upperclassmen students and provided them with needed resources. I also followed an on-call schedule and assisted and tend to crisis situations.
Great and inspiring scientific environment
Research Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2015
Pros: Great and inspiring scientific environment
Cons: Low compensation
Research university focused on high level education and scientific research. It gives a great opportunity to grow as a scientist and expand your network.
fun
Graduate student (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2015
Pros: ok
Case Western is a private university. It is relatively a small but a very good school which makes learning and interacting with professors personal
A Good Summer Work Experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Department of PhysicsMay 27, 2015
Pros: Loose hours (often worked late evenings instead of early mornings), wonderful staff, varied experiences
Cons: Only a summer long
My supervisor, Professor Martens, was a delight to work with. During the summer of 2014, I helped him renovate and update the Junior-year physics lab and class. My varied responsibilities in this position – more... included updating lab manuals, ordering new/replacement equipment, taking data on a variety of instruments including lock-in amplifiers, Michelson interferometers, and a multitude of Keithley Instruments meters using the GPIB interface, writing numerous short programs to remotely operate these instruments and gather data, presenting the data to ensure the desired experimental results were returning, and helping construct a wiki to organize and present the lab procedures in a convenient and concise way to the incoming Junior class. – less
Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
Cons: Compensation
Good place to work. Most departments offer a flexible work schedules which is a HUGE plus. Assisting students is the best part of the job.
importance if customer service..
Police Officer (Current Employee), cleveland ohioMay 1, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: no gtowth
Fairness, department moral supervisor who believe in and invest in. there employees. Advancement within departments, are very important structural tools departments need for success. Typical day at case – more... on my feet all day, outdoors all weather elements with a smile (positive attitude). What I have learned, how people are becoming non social today, how customer service is more needed in business world today. (just a simple hello). Management wasn't the best ..My co-workers 75 percent great group of people. Hardest part of the job, working in the elements between Dec to Feb artic-temps and dealing with department structure, Most enjoyable part of my job was helping and filling the gaps in the students lives. – less
Productive and provide developing skills
Teaching Assistant, Cell (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2015
I worked there as a teaching assistant and found a very professional staff. Work atmosphere is nice. Work hours are very convenient. Organized foundation.
Productive place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2015
Great place for graduate students with lots opportunities for academic, professional and personal development. High work load. Not very good health and dental coverage.
great workplace
Volunteer and work Experiences (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 7, 2015
Fun, interactive, engaging, great coworkers.
help the students succeed is so rewarding.
love going there friendly atmosphere
Overall Good
Associate Director (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Plenty of like-minded professionals; laid back atmosphere, but challenging
Good culture of learning; opportunity for advancement within is lacking. Compensation is not always competitive. Colleagues are very motivated & challenge each other.
Student Intern
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2015
Pros: answeing phones, long lunch breaks
Cons: quiet place
Case western reserve is a nice quiet environment place to work. Mainly being in the dean office, answering phones, couldn't have asked for a easier job being a high school student. The hardest part about – more... this job was not being able to interact with the college students. I had to stay in the deans office and make sure I didn't miss any calls for him. Overall, its a great work environment. Its very quiet but that's how I got most of my work done. Always kept it professional. – less
nice people, and good doctors
Managed Financial and Administrative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Top notch doctors. Centrally located. Easy to get around campus. Good benefits, good pay scale. Good vacation and sick allotment.
a good place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2015
good university to take class and do advanced research;
has various resources;
has opportunity to do interdisciplinaryresearch
Case Western Reserve University
Accountant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: mangement
I enjoyed my time with the reputable university. I especially loved what my job as an accountant and my co-workers. I worked there for many years because it offered me with steady employment, kept me busy and was always offered advancement and opportunity.
Lab Tech
Civil Engineering Structures Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2015
Working for Case was a great experience. Good pay and the hours work around your classes. I worked with professors and graduate students and their research projects. There was plenty of field work which got me out of the laboratory.
Good experience here
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2015
This is a good university in US and I have been trained here to be a professional researcher. I have spent 4 and half an year here up to now. And I have met good research advisor and good lab co workers. Some really good friends are also made here.