Case Western Reserve University

Case Western Reserve University United States Employee Reviews

Overall Good
Associate Director (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Plenty of like-minded professionals; laid back atmosphere, but challenging
Good culture of learning; opportunity for advancement within is lacking. Compensation is not always competitive. Colleagues are very motivated & challenge each other.
Student Intern
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2015
Pros: answeing phones, long lunch breaks
Cons: quiet place
Case western reserve is a nice quiet environment place to work. Mainly being in the dean office, answering phones, couldn't have asked for a easier job being a high school student. The hardest part about this job was not being able to interact with the college students. I had to stay in the deans office and make sure I didn't miss any calls for him. Overall, its a great work environment. Its very quiet but that's how I got most of my work done. Always kept it professional.
nice people, and good doctors
Managed Financial and Administrative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2015
Wonderful place to work. Top notch doctors. Centrally located. Easy to get around campus. Good benefits, good pay scale. Good vacation and sick allotment.
a good place to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2015
good university to take class and do advanced research;
has various resources;
has opportunity to do interdisciplinaryresearch
Case Western Reserve University
Accountant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 12, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: mangement
I enjoyed my time with the reputable university. I especially loved what my job as an accountant and my co-workers. I worked there for many years because it offered me with steady employment, kept me busy and was always offered advancement and opportunity.
Lab Tech
Civil Engineering Structures Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 3, 2015
Working for Case was a great experience. Good pay and the hours work around your classes. I worked with professors and graduate students and their research projects. There was plenty of field work which got me out of the laboratory.
Good experience here
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHFebruary 8, 2015
This is a good university in US and I have been trained here to be a professional researcher. I have spent 4 and half an year here up to now. And I have met good research advisor and good lab co workers. Some really good friends are also made here.
Fun workplace with lots to learn
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Loved learning and working at your own pace. We had weekly reports and individual meetings every week.
Interning at Case Western
Student Intern (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: professional work environment, learning opportunites, challenging opportunities
Cons: often working overtime, poor english skills from foreigners, lack of adaptability when it comes to schedule
Case Western is a great university for the most part. It carries a very professional air to it. But the lab work is demanding. I often worked over hours with no pay for experiments. Case Western is fairly diverse, but there is a surprising con to this: Some foreigners within speak poor English. It can be very strenuous trying to understand what they are saying.
A good univeristy for undergradute
Ph. D. candidate (Former Employee), chemsitry departmentJanuary 26, 2015
CWRU is a top university in ohio and especially the school of medicine is very famous for its legacy.
Working as a student
Laboratory Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Over the years, I've held a few student jobs at Case Western Reserve University, though I can't speak of being employed outside of the student employment positions. In the positions I've held, there was a nice balance between work and school, and many times the supervisors/employers were understanding of our sometimes unpredictable student schedules. The pay is decent (usually around $12/hr), so I would recommend getting a job as a student, if possible. It's also a great opportunity to gain experience and to network with professors and other people in your field of study.
Good, Productive
Senior Research Associate, Research Associate (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHDecember 12, 2014
Interactive between staff and engineers
Energetic
challenging
Good!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2014
Progressing well in my research. I really enjoy here working. This is my first time in US. My work place is very good and friendly for me to work. I even go to fitness center twice a week.
Progressive Educational Environment
Grant Accountant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2014
I am an Accountant who prefers to work in a non profit environment. The atmosphere really suits my personality. I work for a research lab in which I manage the departmental grants and purchasing. In this role, I have become familiar with government funded grants and a bit about research in general. I really enjoy my work and find it fulfilling. I look forward to growing my career further at CWRU.
Sr Oracle Database Administrator
Sr Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Rockledge, FLOctober 30, 2014
• Maintenance and Administration of 11g/10g databases on, Red Hat Linux 4 Node Cluster with database sizes ranging from 30GB to 12TB and managed these databases in different Data Centers i.e USA, San Diego, Annapolis and Reporting databases.
• Performance Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Tuning at Instance level.
• Supporting three tier applications consisting of Web based Front End, WebLogic Application and Oracle backend database.
• Maintenance and Administration of the reporting database i.e CGA basically used for reporting to the external customers via daily ETL reports.
• Attending to the requests and tickets using Service Now and HCCP ticketing system.
• Monitoring of Databases using Oracle enterprise Manager and Toad. Monitoring at OS Level and Backups using oasis tool.
Enjoyed working with students and professors.
Department Assistant, Chemistry Department (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working with the professors learning different ways to create their work.
Cons: not being able to work overtime.
Didn't have a typical day at work everyday was different. I guess answering phones, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, typing classwork. What I learned is to be creative in everything you do. Organizing and managing various projects for dean and professors. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and being cross-trained for various positions in the department. The hardest part of the job was watching departments not interacting with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing the departments together as one. Being able to work together. The other things is learning to software programs.
Great Place.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2014
Spent over four years here, as a Ph.D. student and research assistant. CWRU is a small campus but great place to work and study. Very nice professor, students.
A very nice college to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland OHOctober 12, 2014
Advisor is really a very nice person. Enjoy working with him so much
Taking Ownership
Rather not say (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: tuition waiver benefit
Cons: compensation is not competitive
Employees must take ownership of one's career especially since many areas don't lend themselves to a natural career progression path.
great academic and technical university
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 16, 2014
learned much about medical technology and techniques. Investigated the cytokine activities of alveolar macrophages when stimulated by antigens via qualitative and quantitative molecular analysis.

1 2 3 4