Case Western Reserve University

Case Western Reserve University Employer Reviews

Good!
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 18, 2014
Progressing well in my research. I really enjoy here working. This is my first time in US. My work place is very good and friendly for me to work. I even go to fitness center twice a week.
Progressive Educational Environment
Grant Accountant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2014
I am an Accountant who prefers to work in a non profit environment. The atmosphere really suits my personality. I work for a research lab in which I manage the departmental grants and purchasing. In this role, I have become familiar with government funded grants and a bit about research in general. I really enjoy my work and find it fulfilling. I look – more... forward to growing my career further at CWRU. – less
Sr Oracle Database Administrator
Sr Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee), Rockledge, FLOctober 30, 2014
• Maintenance and Administration of 11g/10g databases on, Red Hat Linux 4 Node Cluster with database sizes ranging from 30GB to 12TB and managed these databases in different Data Centers i.e USA, San Diego, Annapolis and Reporting databases.
• Performance Monitoring, Troubleshooting and Tuning at Instance level.
• Supporting three tier applications – more... consisting of Web based Front End, WebLogic Application and Oracle backend database.
• Maintenance and Administration of the reporting database i.e CGA basically used for reporting to the external customers via daily ETL reports.
• Attending to the requests and tickets using Service Now and HCCP ticketing system.
• Monitoring of Databases using Oracle enterprise Manager and Toad. Monitoring at OS Level and Backups using oasis tool. – less
Enjoyed working with students and professors.
Department Assistant, Chemistry Department (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2014
Pros: working with the professors learning different ways to create their work.
Cons: not being able to work overtime.
Didn't have a typical day at work everyday was different. I guess answering phones, scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, typing classwork. What I learned is to be creative in everything you do. Organizing and managing various projects for dean and professors. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and being cross-trained for various positions – more... in the department. The hardest part of the job was watching departments not interacting with each other. The most enjoyable part of the job was bringing the departments together as one. Being able to work together. The other things is learning to software programs. – less
Great Place.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 15, 2014
Spent over four years here, as a Ph.D. student and research assistant. CWRU is a small campus but great place to work and study. Very nice professor, students.
A very nice college to study and work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Cleveland OHOctober 12, 2014
Advisor is really a very nice person. Enjoy working with him so much
Taking Ownership
Rather not say (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: tuition waiver benefit
Cons: compensation is not competitive
Employees must take ownership of one's career especially since many areas don't lend themselves to a natural career progression path.
great academic and technical university
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 16, 2014
learned much about medical technology and techniques. Investigated the cytokine activities of alveolar macrophages when stimulated by antigens via qualitative and quantitative molecular analysis.
CWRU
Student Affairs Coordinator (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2014
It is an ok place to work. Not much room to move up the ladder. The benefits are terrible and pay little.
Fun Place to work
Research Associate II (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: constantly learning
Cons: work/family balance is hard
Case is a good place to work. Interacting with Principle Investigators and Graduate students is rewarding, but can also be disheartening. Unless, you are willing to put in the time to advance in your career and have your PI support you in that movement.
Days can be long, weekends can be required if your project needs that attention.
Research-based school with music library, yes!
Student Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, great faculty
Cons: student job
Working for the Case Western Reserve University library system is a really nice job. As a student assistant you get very flexible hours and a substantial amount of on the job training and support. The library system is a great place if you prefer quiet, structured interaction with people along with stretches of time to yourself for studying or homework. – more... The Kulas Music Library is a satellite branch of the main library and is pretty cozy. Since the music department itself is small, you get to know the professors and grad students. You also get access to many excellent recordings and musical literature. – less
A fun, energetic place to work and amazing coworkers!
Department Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2014
My day consists of assisting with planning events and outreach within the School of Medicine Development department. I learned how to meet deadlines under pressure while remaining calm, as well as how to plan a successful event from start to finish that resulted in a rewarding experience for all parties. My co-workers are full of energy, fun-loving – more... and supportive. I enjoy everything about this position, and I look forward to advancing further in my career! – less
A fair and friendly place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2014
I like the university, especially the department of Pharmacology. The people are friendly and willing to share.
Productive, very professional
Research Buyer, Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2014
Pros: was room for advancement
Cons: new management took over and it brought about change
Was a very good place to work until no job security after being downsized.
Fun workplace. Much movement from management
Associate Director of Development (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 11, 2014
Allow you to be your own boss but when you need guidance, there was limited to be found.
Good place for study and working.
Ph.D. student (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 26, 2014
Good place for study and working. I have good lab colleagues here. People are very nice.
Good place to stay
Post Doctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 22, 2014
Good research university. Quite life in Cleveland. Beautiful CIty
Chemistry
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 14, 2014
Pros: free coffee party once a week or two
Cons: few snow days
Perfect place to pursue PhD.
Faculty is supportive
All the necessary instruments are available on campus, and have the access.
productive and relaxing workplace
Senior Image Analyst, Department of Ophthalmology (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2014
Pros: employee tuition free
Cons: not very competitive salary
everyone has own planing for the workload, the working environment in general is easy, breathy but productive as well.
more importantly, it provides employees opportunities to learn new things, to improve themselves.
Comfortable Workplace
Student Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2014
Pros: trips, activities, great staff
Cons: temp job
In a typical day I organized files, made copies and did faxes, made phone calls and answered phones, prepared fliers and paperwork. I learned how to deal with multiple personalities and get work done by a required time. Management was great I learned a lot from them and my coworkers were also very helpful. This job was great.

1 2 3 4