CASES Employee Reviews in United States

Intense work but fun working environment at work
ACT Team Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Mission statement is great. Wish they cared more for the wellbeing of the workers. The Nathaniel ACT team provides non-traditional community based
mental health treatment to promote the recovery and community
integration of individuals with serious mental illnesses and co-occurring
Substance use disorders who have been charged with a felony. The
Registered Nurse is an integral part of the ACT Team, providing health
assessment, counseling, and medication management to promote
recovery, wellness, and optimal health. The nurse provides services in
the community and in the ACT team office, within the framework of core
ACT operating principles, professional nursing ethics, and regulatory
guidelines. This is a field-based position and requires 80% of services to
be provided in the community.
Pros
Great clinical learning experience
Cons
Burn out
Great Development With Work & Educational Cooporations
Young Justice Scholars (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
A Day At Work Is Great We Learn New Things Everyday.My Management Is Good Also Respectably , Co-Workers Work Really Hard Together They Have Great Team Effort.The Most Important Is The Education & Job Services , Such As Employment & Living Arrangements. We Enjoy Our Great Food Developments
Pros
food
Cons
case management for overall performances
Overcome new challenges daily
ACT Team Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
Working within the mental health and vulnerable population is not the easiest job as it requires a lot of patience, understanding, and problem solving. Having a empathetic and seasoned boss who empathizes and walks with an arsenal of interventions and strategies when necessary definitely helps. With such in hand it is an absolute pleasure and an indescribable feeling what one feels when another's dreams and goals are accomplished and you know you had much to do with it.
Pros
work at your own pace. understanding bosses. holidays off.
Cons
financial compensation.
Decline
ACT Team Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
The company itself is good, however, the management on certain teams is not receptive to the needs of its workers. Will not back them up if the are sick or have an emergency. not receptive to workers who have families and need to take time off.
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor management, not family oriented, not receptive to the needs of its workers
there is not much to say, except i get great jof out of helping other's.
Peer specialist Nathaniel Act team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
i did a lot of field work out seeing client's 6hr's out of a 8hr day's work. I learned how to become a good listening an how to meet the client's where they are at Client centered. management was good they worked with me on issues that I couldn't understand and assist with arising problems I may have engaging a client when needed. I work very well with my c/o worker's we worked as a team an I am a team player. the hardest part of my job was when client's passed away or gotten re-arrested. I enjoy all of the work I have done. if I can help at least one or two of the client's reach their goals that was a grateful an inspiring feeling for me. I enjoy seeing smiles on their faces, due to the hard work they put forward in reaching set goals.
Pros
being able to help those who can not help themselves
Cons
when they leave or do not succed. than that makes me want to work harder at helping other's.
Insightful, Educational and Supportive Work Place
Day Custody Program Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2013
CASES gives both the client and the professionals the freedom to explore ideas and educational opportunities. With a staff that is nurturing, understanding and engaging, it is easy to flourish here.
Great place to learn and find a purpose
Peer Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 24, 2014
I learned how to take the life skills along with my education and put it together in order to be the best Service Provider that there can be.