CASES Employee Reviews

What a nightmare it was!!!
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 3, 2016
Horrible management. Super unprofessional. Do not respond to your emails and definitely wont value your work. Huge staff turnover. Salary is good, I cant complain but the stress they are putting you through doesn't worth it. The only people that last there are interns. Think twice before accepting a job offer from them. They say one thing at the interview but flip the story and your employment contract in a heartbeat and make you look like you don't know what you are doing. Very disappointed.
Pros
May be salary.
Cons
Management. Organizational/managerial style. Work conditions.
clinical rotation
SURGICAL TECH-CLINICAL ROTATION (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 29, 2016
did my clinical rotation at desert valley hospital in victorville ca from june to present where i have learned a lot from good people i have enjoyed my stay there.
Pros
free learning experience
Cons
far
Intense work but fun working environment at work
ACT Team Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2015
Mission statement is great. Wish they cared more for the wellbeing of the workers. The Nathaniel ACT team provides non-traditional community based
mental health treatment to promote the recovery and community
integration of individuals with serious mental illnesses and co-occurring
Substance use disorders who have been charged with a felony. The
Registered Nurse is an integral part of the ACT Team, providing health
assessment, counseling, and medication management to promote
recovery, wellness, and optimal health. The nurse provides services in
the community and in the ACT team office, within the framework of core
ACT operating principles, professional nursing ethics, and regulatory
guidelines. This is a field-based position and requires 80% of services to
be provided in the community.
Pros
Great clinical learning experience
Cons
Burn out
Alot of work but it wasn't stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2015
Answer phones. Take messages. Make appointments.
I even helped teach a class that was needed to some of the kids attending CASES. I spoke to the kids individually about what they want to do in the future and helped them look for jobs. The hardest part of the job was communicating with some of the employees due to personal issues they were dealing with. I learned communication skills and i've learned how to type very well. The most enjoyable part of the day was talking to the kids and helping them the best way i can.
Great place to learn and find a purpose
Peer Specialist Intern (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 24, 2014
I learned how to take the life skills along with my education and put it together in order to be the best Service Provider that there can be.
Great Development With Work & Educational Cooporations
Young Justice Scholars (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2014
A Day At Work Is Great We Learn New Things Everyday.My Management Is Good Also Respectably , Co-Workers Work Really Hard Together They Have Great Team Effort.The Most Important Is The Education & Job Services , Such As Employment & Living Arrangements. We Enjoy Our Great Food Developments
Pros
Food
Cons
Case Management For Overall Performances
there is not much to say, except i get great jof out of helping other's.
Peer specialist Nathaniel Act team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2014
i did a lot of field work out seeing client's 6hr's out of a 8hr day's work. I learned how to become a good listening an how to meet the client's where they are at Client centered. management was good they worked with me on issues that I couldn't understand and assist with arising problems I may have engaging a client when needed. I work very well with my c/o worker's we worked as a team an I am a team player. the hardest part of my job was when client's passed away or gotten re-arrested. I enjoy all of the work I have done. if I can help at least one or two of the client's reach their goals that was a grateful an inspiring feeling for me. I enjoy seeing smiles on their faces, due to the hard work they put forward in reaching set goals.
Pros
being able to help those who can not help themselves
Cons
when they leave or do not succed. than that makes me want to work harder at helping other's.
Decline
ACT Team Substance Abuse Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
The company itself is good, however, the management on certain teams is not receptive to the needs of its workers. Will not back them up if the are sick or have an emergency. not receptive to workers who have families and need to take time off.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
poor management, not family oriented, not receptive to the needs of its workers
Insightful, Educational and Supportive Work Place
Day Custody Program Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 2, 2013
CASES gives both the client and the professionals the freedom to explore ideas and educational opportunities. With a staff that is nurturing, understanding and engaging, it is easy to flourish here.
Overcome new challenges daily
ACT Team Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 12, 2012
Working within the mental health and vulnerable population is not the easiest job as it requires a lot of patience, understanding, and problem solving. Having a empathetic and seasoned boss who empathizes and walks with an arsenal of interventions and strategies when necessary definitely helps. With such in hand it is an absolute pleasure and an indescribable feeling what one feels when another's dreams and goals are accomplished and you know you had much to do with it.
Pros
work at your own pace. understanding bosses. holidays off.
Cons
financial compensation.