CaseStack Employee Reviews in United States

Great Team
IT (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 29, 2016
We have a tech team's energy level, but with specific supply chain experience. We have many recent grads and we enjoy discussing industry specific innovative ideas like drones and robots in warehouses.
Pros
Working with people who see the exciting possibilities in the logistics industry
Cons
The Company's vision is different than competitors, sometimes hard to explain it to people outside the company
Collaborative Workplace
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 23, 2016
We come up with new ideas to help retailers succeed. I work on accounts that supply Walmart and we are always searching for ways to work with our partners to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
Pros
Being able to try new things and seeing positive results
Cons
We have been growing quickly and it gets somewhat difficult to keep track of all the new people
Inclusive
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 21, 2016
Since we have started doing Coffee Talks meetings I have more access to the executive team and am able to interact more often with the other offices through the meeting's video conferencing. We are able to discuss topics and ask questions. It allows everyone to be more aware of what colleagues are working on.
Pros
my opinion is valued
Cons
stressful at times
Great Coworkers
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 21, 2016
The people who sit near me went to great schools and have a lot of industry experience. It is satisfying to learn and grow in your profession each day.
Pros
intelligent and experienced colleagues
Cons
The work is satisfying but I work a lot of hours.
Busy But Not Challenging
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 6, 2015
There is a good amount of busy work but I do not feel like I am being used to my full potential. The social atmosphere is very cliquey and closed off to new people. I am worth more as a worker than I am valued here.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Overtime
Growing Company, Positive Environment
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville ARMay 28, 2015
I have enjoyed working at CaseStack. The company is growing, giving employees opportunities to learn new skills in different positions and departments. Managers and coworkers are respectful and compensation is reasonable. I'd advise job seekers to apply to work with us.
Nimble
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 29, 2016
Sometimes there are issues in the supply chain, but CaseStack has it in their DNA to find root causes of any problems that arise and correct them quickly.
Pros
Agile processes
Cons
A little too much travel
Still here, 6 years later
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Santa MonicaMarch 14, 2013
Love working at CaseStack, in reading the reviews it’s obvious to me that the people posting poor reviews weren’t able to keep up. They want to blame someone else for their own short comings. I have always been treated fair. My input has always been welcomed by management. My compensation is and has always been based on my performance, so really the sky is the limit. I am a Sales Person. It is what I have always wanted to do, so the environment here suits me perfectly. Hours are long, but that’s my choice based on the level of earnings I want.
Pros
close friends, great management
Great Opportunity in a Quickly Emerging Top tranportation company .
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 25, 2015
A day in the life of a Senior Account Manager at CaseStack transportation is never dull. The ability and services we offer, meet and exceed the expectations of our clientele. Communicating with our Truckload, International, and Sales teams is key in delivering CaseStack's transportation solutions.

I came into the transportation industry, under CaseStack's wing with little knowledge or experience, but within 3 years I have become an expert in the knowledge, operational, and customer service aspects within the transportation industry.

Management offers continued knowledge and support, while also allowing you flexibility with your business management style.

Co-workers offer great feedback, support, and knowledge within CaseStack. It is apparent that the values put forth are to acknowledge any and all advice as good feedback, with the possibility of better understanding and growth.

One of the toughest aspects at CaseStack , is with hard work and determination success comes quickly . Adaptability is key , and works hours often overflow outside of the normal 9-5 work routine . It is a good problem too have , that when issues arise , customers are confident no matter what the problem or time of the day , you can deliver

The most enjoyable part of my job , is getting a preview of businesses that range vastly in all size's and different industries . We have the ability to work with any type of client , and although the interest never subsides , the ability to think quickly on your feet can be one of the most challenging aspects . Whether utilizing airfreight
  more... carriers to expedite high end designer shoes from Italy to Houston , TX , Ocean freight , " RO-RO " , services to transport an Oil drilling machine from Arizona to Lima , Peru , or handling and engine block from Chattanooga , TN to Jackson , Ms. a day at CaseStack is always exciting and offers great experience and knowledge .  less
Pros
Competative Compensation and Quick advancement
I'm going back...
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Canoga ParkMarch 14, 2013
Being a previous employee at CaseStack I couldn't let this time pass without saying something about the experience I had there..

CaseStack helped me grow and develop my skills in the workforce. As a new transportation broker it was quickly obvious that I had to invest time in myself and the company to be successful. I realize now, most college students don't graduate understanding that results are expected in the private sector. Their compensation was exactly as described and their Sales Managers took a real interest in my future not only with the company, but as a person.

What's real ironic is, their guidance is why I no longer work there. I made the decision to further my education. I wanted to pursue my MBA and knew that my best shot was to not work full time.. I had discussions with my manager and I was told that my job would be there if and when I finished or was ready to come back.

Not many people have a safety net like that! I am almost finished with my program and I’ve already been in contact with CaseStack.
Pros
great environment, great people
Opportunities
Warehouse Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 3, 2015
I have enjoyed working for CaseStack. The environment provides challenges and a platform to become an expert within several industries that CaseStack brings together. The management team is right up the hall and willing to listen, talk and is constantly working to promote healthy business practices. Since I have been with this company they have expanded dramatically. If you're looking to make a difference, CaseStack is a great family to join as there is only room for opportunity after opportunity- especially for the motivated individual.
Pros
Dynamic environment with continual growth
Cons
I cannot think of a single Con that couldn't be developed into an opportunity
Happy to be part of a growing team
Administration (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 22, 2015
Going on ten years with CaseStack and I could not be happier. Great collaboration and teamwork with wonderful co-workers.

Work can be challenging and there can be a lot at times but its so rewarding. Management is flexible with employees.

Lots of opportunities within the company for those who put in the effort and work hard.
Pros
Great office enviorment, room for growth
Awesome Team to Work With
Founder, President, CEO and Chairman of the Board (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 19, 2015
I have the opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard working, intellectually curious and determined team every day as we continue to grow the business by over 20% a year. We have talent from all walks of life who are here to change the supply chain industry. The rapid growth is creating new career opportunities for rising leaders. The best part is seeing the all of the promotion announcements every week.
Pros
Quick Advancement, Technology Leadership, Growth, Customer Focus
Cons
I wish I didn't have to travel quite so much.
Typical 9-5
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2015
Everyone is very friendly and works hard. The company is very busy and is expanding exponentially. You are at an office between 8-9 hours a day like a typical job. Everyone does their work and goes home.
Pros
free lunch every other week, work outings, friendly environment, close to beach
Cons
cubicles
Great camaraderie, location, management
IT (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 1, 2013
I left CaseStack over 4 years ago but it is the only place I've ever worked where I still keep in touch with all of the friends I made there. The entire culture is one of universal / cross-departmental open communication and open-doors. Not only is CaseStack the only place where I've kept up with most of the people I knew, but it's the only place I'd ever consider re-applying for should the opportunity arise.

The people, or should I say person judging from the similar typing style and time-proximity between the two reviews, who posted negatively about the company are definitely in the minority of most of the folks I know from CaseStack. You're bound to get a few bad apples wherever you go, and it looks like two of them found their way on here. Don't let them dissuade you from working there, it is unlike any other company I've ever seen... in a good way.
Pros
management, culture, co-workers
Think twice, you are better off else where
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CANovember 15, 2013
I have been meaning to write a review, out of sympathy to all of the future prospective CaseStack Account Reps, for the past 8 months. My experience at CaseStack was very hopeful at first. It had great middle managers, a true rarity, and the director of our department seemed very optimistic and helpful. They offer a 38k base, which isn't bad, with a commission plan to make another 38k based on hitting your quota. This is where the trouble lies. No one has/can hit their quota. You go into this job thinking you will make $65k-$85k per year (as the director advises you) but in reality you make 38k. They have a very elaborate commission calculation that no one can explain, except the director, and they offer no reconciliation as to why you were paid what you were paid. When I brought this up, the director simply berated me for not understanding the highly complex commission calculation (he was a huge bully). They even withhold 20% of your commission check if your customers didn't pay within 30 days (quietly known as the CaseStack tax), which is really unfair! Overall only about 5 out of 25 reps were getting commission checks. The other reps around me were some of the most dishonest, conniving, unscrupulous people I have ever met. They would over charge people and laugh about how much they "screwed" them. One of them would brag to others about how much he loved lying to his customers. They batch hire 5-8 people at a time knowing that only 1 will likely manage to meet the requirements of the unrealistic quota.

On the other end, and in my situation, I was successful and met the quotas
  more... on a monthly basis. However, they raise the quotas, significantly, on a year to year basis. So anyone with half a brain sees that they have to sell more just to make the same amount of money. In reality you make CaseStack more money as they raise your quota, and you make less. Many of the other people I worked with left for this reason and, ultimately, I did as well.

Overall, if you want to learn how to be a freight broker, go to CaseStack, but you will leave eventually with a bad taste in your mouth.
Pros
stable $38 k per year
Cons
puppet ceo, director of transportation dept has no authority only excuses, "mysterious" board of directors messes with your life. job is as is, expect no change or advancement.
Work hard and plenty of room to grow
account management (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, arJanuary 20, 2013
Great opportunities abound to create, develop and service unique supply chain solutions for Clients. Management take note of hard workers whom produce results and promote. Underachievers or folks that need a play book are weeded out fairly quick.
Cons are long hours but its rewarding work.
Pros
job stability and impact
Cons
long hours, travel on weekends
Cameras watch your every move!
Sales reprentative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, AROctober 1, 2014
Worked as sales rep in Transportation dept. Transportation manager is awful. He has a huge ego and doesn't have a clue on how to manage people. It is truly a sweat-shop call center. In fact they are very vague about what the job entails during interview. Work in a small cubicle all day making 100 cold calls to customers who get the same type of call from hundreds of other logistics companies. Just a horrible experience overall. The positive reviews left here are all from corporate hr - who don't give a flip about the workers,
Pros
don't work weekends
Cons
terrible managers
Arrogant/condescending management team
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 11, 2013
The attrition rate is extremely high here. Reading the positive reviews leads me to believe that the management team is commenting on their own postings. This is a job. Prepare to be subservient and a "yes man" when it comes to communicating with management.
Pros
walking trail close to location.
Cons
megalomaniacal management team, lofty expectations, extremely small cubicles.
Not a place or environement I would recommend to anyone
Transportation Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 27, 2012
Company makes a lot of promises and delivers none. Is not competitive and fails to comply with basic labor law and pay commissions earned. Definitely a company to not do business with unless you want to be harassed as an employee.
Cons
fails to comply with labor law - do not pay commission earned, harass employees