CASESTACK

CASESTACK Employer Reviews

Good company 0 mobility
Senior Truckload Associate (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJune 9, 2014
Pros: good people and environment
Cons: low pay and no upward mobility
I enjoy CaseStack but there is no opportunity for advancement. I have been the highest grossing employee in my department and am overqualified for my job but there is nowhere to go.
Think twice, you are better off else where
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Canoga Park, CANovember 15, 2013
Pros: stable $38 k per year
Cons: puppet ceo, director of transportation dept has no authority only excuses, "mysterious" board of directors messes with your life. job is as is, expect no change or advancement.
I have been meaning to write a review, out of sympathy to all of the future prospective CaseStack Account Reps, for the past 8 months. My experience at CaseStack was very hopeful at first. It had great middle managers, a true rarity, and the director of our department seemed very optimistic and helpful. They offer a 38k base, which isn't bad, with a – more... commission plan to make another 38k based on hitting your quota. This is where the trouble lies. No one has/can hit their quota. You go into this job thinking you will make $65k-$85k per year (as the director advises you) but in reality you make 38k. They have a very elaborate commission calculation that no one can explain, except the director, and they offer no reconciliation as to why you were paid what you were paid. When I brought this up, the director simply berated me for not understanding the highly complex commission calculation (he was a huge bully). They even withhold 20% of your commission check if your customers didn't pay within 30 days (quietly known as the CaseStack tax), which is really unfair! Overall only about 5 out of 25 reps were getting commission checks. The other reps around me were some of the most dishonest, conniving, unscrupulous people I have ever met. They would over charge people and laugh about how much they "screwed" them. One of them would brag to others about how much he loved lying to his customers. They batch hire 5-8 people at a time knowing that only 1 will likely manage to meet the requirements of the unrealistic quota.

On the other end, and in my situation, I was successful and met the quotas on a monthly basis. However, they raise the quotas, significantly, on a year to year basis. So anyone with half a brain sees that they have to sell more just to make the same amount of money. In reality you make CaseStack more money as they raise your quota, and you make less. Many of the other people I worked with left for this reason and, ultimately, I did as well.

Overall, if you want to learn how to be a freight broker, go to CaseStack, but you will leave eventually with a bad taste in your mouth. – less
Arrogant/condescending management team
Account Representative (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 11, 2013
Pros: walking trail close to location.
Cons: megalomaniacal management team, lofty expectations, extremely small cubicles.
The attrition rate is extremely high here. Reading the positive reviews leads me to believe that the management team is commenting on their own postings. This is a job. Prepare to be subservient and a "yes man" when it comes to communicating with management.
Productive Place to work
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAAugust 28, 2013
I have enjoyed working and learning about the business here.
Great camaraderie, location, management
IT (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMay 1, 2013
Pros: management, culture, co-workers
I left CaseStack over 4 years ago but it is the only place I've ever worked where I still keep in touch with all of the friends I made there. The entire culture is one of universal / cross-departmental open communication and open-doors. Not only is CaseStack the only place where I've kept up with most of the people I knew, but it's the only place I'd – more... ever consider re-applying for should the opportunity arise.

The people, or should I say person judging from the similar typing style and time-proximity between the two reviews, who posted negatively about the company are definitely in the minority of most of the folks I know from CaseStack. You're bound to get a few bad apples wherever you go, and it looks like two of them found their way on here. Don't let them dissuade you from working there, it is unlike any other company I've ever seen... in a good way. – less
Still here, 6 years later
Account Representative (Current Employee), Santa MonicaMarch 14, 2013
Pros: close friends, great management
Love working at CaseStack, in reading the reviews it’s obvious to me that the people posting poor reviews weren’t able to keep up. They want to blame someone else for their own short comings. I have always been treated fair. My input has always been welcomed by management. My compensation is and has always been based on my performance, so really the – more... sky is the limit. I am a Sales Person. It is what I have always wanted to do, so the environment here suits me perfectly. Hours are long, but that’s my choice based on the level of earnings I want. – less
I'm going back...
Account Representative (Former Employee), Canoga ParkMarch 14, 2013
Pros: great environment, great people
Being a previous employee at CaseStack I couldn't let this time pass without saying something about the experience I had there..

CaseStack helped me grow and develop my skills in the workforce. As a new transportation broker it was quickly obvious that I had to invest time in myself and the company to be successful. I realize now, most college students – more... don't graduate understanding that results are expected in the private sector. Their compensation was exactly as described and their Sales Managers took a real interest in my future not only with the company, but as a person.

What's real ironic is, their guidance is why I no longer work there. I made the decision to further my education. I wanted to pursue my MBA and knew that my best shot was to not work full time.. I had discussions with my manager and I was told that my job would be there if and when I finished or was ready to come back.

Not many people have a safety net like that! I am almost finished with my program and I’ve already been in contact with CaseStack. – less
Relaxed, professional environment
Sales (Former Employee), ArkansasMarch 12, 2013
The tech is better than competitors I have have seen and the management team listens to concerns and gives you the tools to help you excel.
Opportunities to grow
Acct Rep (Current Employee), ArkansasFebruary 13, 2013
If you work hard and let your manager know your goals you will do well.
Great co-workers and culture
Acccount Rep (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ArkansasFebruary 5, 2013
I've been in transportation for several years and this is by far the best company I have ever worked at. It is challenging, but rewarding, and I thouroughly enjoy working with this group of people.
Work hard and plenty of room to grow
account management (Current Employee), Fayetteville, arJanuary 20, 2013
Pros: job stability and impact
Cons: long hours, travel on weekends
Great opportunities abound to create, develop and service unique supply chain solutions for Clients. Management take note of hard workers whom produce results and promote. Underachievers or folks that need a play book are weeded out fairly quick.
Cons are long hours but its rewarding work.
Not a place or environement I would recommend to anyone
Transportation Account Executive (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CASeptember 27, 2012
Cons: fails to comply with labor law - do not pay commission earned, harass employees
Company makes a lot of promises and delivers none. Is not competitive and fails to comply with basic labor law and pay commissions earned. Definitely a company to not do business with unless you want to be harassed as an employee.
sweatshop call center
sales rep (Former Employee), CaliforniaSeptember 26, 2012
Pros: 8 to 5 job
Cons: sweatshop call center
Inside sales rep's day consist of making 100 cold calls to businesses that have received dozens of the same phone calls from other logistics companies. The manager has cameras all around the room to make sure nobody is talking to each other or not making calls. The quotas are unattainable. Bottom line there is a 95% turnover rate for this position.