Casey's General Store Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to get experience in customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJuly 26, 2016
Caseys is a place where you deal with every kind of person whether it's dealing with a customer or an employee, It gives you the chance to see where you want to be in life whether you want to own your own Caseys or reach for other goals outside of Caseys
Good pay for the work. Low stress fun enviroment.
The Steve/Store Employee (Former Employee) –  Minden, IAJuly 25, 2016
I worked for Casey's for 4 years before moving away. During my time with Casey’s I had many oppertunities for advancement and training. I loved the focus on the customer and the clear standards and expectations set forth by Casey's. I would strongly recommend Casey’s as a college job or a first job out of high school.
Pros
1/2 off food and flexable schedules
Cons
No breaks
Super Nice but Management is Questionable
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paris, IL 61944July 20, 2016
Casey's was great to work for. The team you work with is wonderful. Everyone is nice and helpful and things seem to run smoothly. The thing is, Casey's struggles with keeping management and team members. Thus, schedules and that kind of thing get extremely chaotic when there are 30 people trying to pick up all the slack.
poor customer service
cook/ kitchen specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 19, 2016
I would review this place as the worst of all places to work at. Management doesn't know what she is doing. treats co-workers like dirt especially me. she favoritizes the people she wants to. the most enjoyable part of the job was the sub side.
Pros
there arent any
Cons
no breaks at all
I loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Higginsville, MOJuly 15, 2016
They are good at training their employees, it was over all a good job experience. You get 50% off pizza, and donuts. 25 cent raise every 3 months.
Pros
Ever 2-3 hours you get a smoke break, health insurance benefits.
Cons
No lunch breaks.
Typical Day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, IAJuly 14, 2016
A very standard job. Work at the register or in the kitchen. People were friendly and coworkers were friendly. Was impossible to work here and go to school because they did not work around my school schedule. I enjoyed working with the people though.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
Short breaks, no benefits.
Kitchen Help
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, KSJuly 13, 2016
afternoon/Evening Pizza cook and hot food prep, cleaning and pizza orders by phone and walk in, very busy too much for one person to do alone.
Friendly when they want to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, MOJuly 11, 2016
Mostly everyone in the store is smiling, and will greet you but some do not smile or anything when you walk in. Sometimes they'll be chit chatting with customers. Don't get me wrong because I know some employees work their butts off. It's not the fastest gas station i've been to, but it works well for a small town.
Busy Days
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Slater, IAJuly 10, 2016
Caseys general store was a store with constant commotion. The store was always busy. the coworkers were not always the friendliest.
Nice place to work
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, ILJuly 9, 2016
I liked my job and was always happy to be there. I learned how to put information on the computer for the books. I got along well with my co-workers and manager.
Good
Donut Maker (Former Employee) –  Albion, IAJuly 8, 2016
The right people in the right store makes all the difference; thought when I first started everything was challenging. A new store with new people who were all on edge over their new manager that can be a lot for anyone, but after getting to know your regulars and coworkers everything was great.
Pros
Fun working environment
Cons
Two new managers in two years
Fun place to work at; Liked the employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNJuly 7, 2016
I learned a lot about teamwork. I had good experiences while working there. I learned how to make pizzas and all other kinds of food. The atmosphere st work was always pleasant.
Pros
Great atmosphere; Regular customers.
Cons
N/A
Productive and fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grant City, MOJuly 7, 2016
It was always very hard working at Casey's. Sometimes it would be very slow paced while other times you had to call in more help. Nobody seemed to want to work.
Cons
Pay for your lunch, short breaks
Fast paced and community oriented
Store Employee (Current Employee) –  Sandoval, ILJuly 6, 2016
It is fast paced which I enjoy, and you get to know a lot about the individuals within the community. I've learned a lot about the technological aspects of the cashier and pump systems which were interesting. I mainly work in the kitchen which is wonderful.
Casey's
Cook (Former Employee) –  Portageville, MOJuly 6, 2016
Casey's General Store was a very friendly work environment, everyone was nice. A typical day insisted on cooking pizzas, taking orders, and cleaning up the kitchen. I learned how to make dough and work with others.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Breaks, Schedule, and Pay.
Work and only work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJuly 4, 2016
Come in and management starts telling you what all needs changed and what your doing wrong I would not recommend working at caseys
Econolodge
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Madelia, MNJuly 2, 2016
i loved worked at Econolodge the employees there were very nice and helpful but it didn't work out at the time because i was working for Casey's when i got hired
Good Place with good people
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Creston, IAJuly 1, 2016
I enjoyed working here i just didnt enjoy the hours but as a part time job i wasnt going to complain... id work here again if i had to
Great
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MNJune 30, 2016
Excellent place to work. Accommodating and great. Company is awesome and management is great. All around a great place to work for.
Always buisy
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewistown, ILJune 29, 2016
count money for register, make large money drops into the safe, count all items in inventory, assist with cleaning the store,

2.9