Casey's General Store Employee Reviews

Found 1,421 reviews matching the search
Love the job there was just no team work
Cashier stock and cook (Former Employee) –  Macon, MOJune 24, 2017
I enjoyed the job and my customers. The employees and managment no good , no team work and boss had favorites she catered to. I would work at other Caseys
Pros
Stayed busy
Cons
Bad managment
Fuuuuuuuuuuu-
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 24, 2017
This company does not care about you or your needs. Be prepared for them to ask the WORLD of you because "everything is your job" but god forbid anyone on second shift finish their jobs. It's fine if you don't ever work with management but you have a bunch of co-workers that don't want to even do their share of responsiblities so you are likely to just do everything anyway.
Enjoyed the Customers
Past Employee.Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oakwood,IlinoisJune 24, 2017
This Casey's is sad.....Cliques and unfair practices....If you were a smoker you got more breaks.If someone decided to do a drive off,you
had to pay for the theft or get wrote up. Asst Manager and Manager
were best friends.If that happened to them, they had a way to fix it so it was taken care of.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
unfair labor practices.
Just the day at the office
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 23, 2017
Very fast paced environment, A typical work day was counting the safe money, balancing paperwork, deposits. How to talk to upset customers and how to get employees to make better choices at work is what I learned. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers
good place to work
cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland, KSJune 23, 2017
its a good place to work...lots of interaction with co workers and customers...get to do different job duties so doesn't seem like youre doing the same thing every day
Met many customers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 22, 2017
My manager was a wonderful person. Only worked part-time and the hours were overnight and daytime which didn't allow me to get proper rest and to get on a regular schedule.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
bad hours
irritating
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Viola, ILJune 22, 2017
they employees were not so nice, they didn't give very many hours work a wk and they pay was not good for what they expected you to do. I did not enjoy this job.
Productive, always on your feet doing something for the store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Melrose, MNJune 22, 2017
A typical day at Casey's General Store consists of making coffee, having a clean environment by sweeping and mopping floors. Ringing up customers for gas and food. Washing the smocks if have extra time and has completed all other chores. Hardest part of the job is when you need to change the coffee and its busy, customers would get upset. Most enjoyable part of Casey's General Store is the everyday customers that would put a smile on your face.
Pros
Discount on food made by the store while on the clock
Cons
Management was poor in attitude field, but professional when it came to work.
quiet place that still keeps you on your toes
Cook and package batches (Former Employee) –  Channahon, ILJune 22, 2017
Pretty much left alone in the kitchen to do your own thing. Fast paced. Easily manageable. Stays busy enough that you are always with something to do. Never a dull moment.
It's a job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, ILJune 22, 2017
Depending on who you're working with, your shifts can either be a blast or they can be complete torture. No one wants to do their part, and everyone id's always pointing fingers and blaming others. A lot of cliques and bullying that management does not mind and does nothing to change.
Pros
A bit of a discount
Cons
Basically everything else
AWESOME place to work
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Ansonia, OHJune 22, 2017
Love working with my whole team. We really appreciate each other and support each other like family. Excellent company with plenty of room for advancement. We work hard but we have fun too. Plan to retire with Casey's.
Pros
Competitive pay, great benefits and room for advancement
Cons
Not one thing
This company is such a pain
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lennox, SDJune 21, 2017
They don't drug test. It is great that they hire anyone but the fact that they don't test is a problem. They know if they did test that their workforce would become a tenth of what it is.
Competitive
Cashier-Cook (Former Employee) –  Goodman, MOJune 21, 2017
All of the Caseys stores are nice to work at and depending on which location, they have plenty to do and positions to work at. My experience there was calm.
Review
Cook (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2017
Stressful. Very difficult to get promotion. I was there everyday. On-time everyday. Even covered shifts. And someone else with half the credibility got promoted.
Casey's General Store
Clerk/Cook (Former Employee) –  Van Meter, IAJune 20, 2017
Learned team work and gained experience in different departments. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working for a company that maintains a repeatable brand.
Fast paced working environment with fun and challenging work experience
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 19, 2017
Casey is a gas station,restaurant that you can work as a gas clerk or a pizza and sub maker in the same week.you can some benefits but full time employees like manager,assistant manager,and food service leader can get full benefits.
Pros
Employees friendly, discounts, and great training experience
Cons
Not good benefits, short hours
Review
Cook (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, MOJune 19, 2017
My boss and I got along very well. I just had to quit due to an ex boyfriend harassing me while I was at work. I'd definitely go back in a heart beat.
Running register and stocking.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Clair, MOJune 19, 2017
I really liked working there. Everyone was really nice. I just love customer service with passion. It is something I have always been great at. Just management was very shaky.
Great Workplace
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, KSJune 19, 2017
Each day you are greeted by your usual customer, especially your coffee drinkers. This makes your day go smoothly because you all ready know what they usually get. Customer are friendly and sweet. You stock items and organize shelves and complete some cleaning duties.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
No lunches, healthcare
fun workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Tea, SDJune 18, 2017
for the most part working at caseys isnt a bad place to work. Pretty much everyone gets along. We just like to have fun at work. Joke around you know the usual work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casey's General Store. Our community is ready to answer.