Casey's General Store

Casey's General Store United States Employee Reviews

nice enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), Alton, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: shift changes
Great to work with customers and co-workers. hardest part of the job is shift changes. Most enjoyable part of the job was helping the community
Good customer and employee atmosphere
1st Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Davenport, IAApril 9, 2015
As a 1st Assistant Manager my jobs are to oversee all employees. Answered customers' questions and addressed problems and complaints in person and via phone. Opened and closed the store, which included counting cash drawers and making bank deposits.
Offered direction and gave constructive feedback to motivated team members. Held each team member accountable for achieving brand and performance goals. Built and maintained effective relationships with peers and upper management.
Casey's General Store is a terrific company to work for.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Belleville, ILApril 6, 2015
I love working with the public and getting out into the community. If I could change one customers day by the customer service I offer, then it is a great day. Without customers where would I be.

Daily activities working for Casey's as a Store Manager would be reconcile all transactions and reports. Making sure deposit it accurate. Handling all deliveries, inventory control. Over seeing store operations and team members. Working on the register and waiting on customers and making sure their visit is satisfactory. On occasions, customer complaints and employee issues.
interact with customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Crete, NEApril 6, 2015
Pros: Discounts on Casey's Food
Cons: More hours and Higher Pay
I did cashier for Casey's General Store in Crete I would charge customers for fuel and any other products they wished to purchase. I would would be in charge of keeping a clean environment and I also did the cash out process at the end of my shift.
Was a clerk for a convience store
Clerk in charge of retail sales (Former Employee), Wellsville KansasApril 1, 2015
Pros: Met a lot of people
Cons: Not very much money.
This position was a clerk position in a convenience store and include waiting on customers, cleaning the store and working with management on special promotions.
Fun working in retail store
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wichita KsMarch 30, 2015
I enjoy working in the public atmosphere and meeting new people on a daily basis, making sure all the customers are satisfied when they leave the store.
Job was easy to perform.
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee), Belleville, ILMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Half off food, free drinks.
Cons: No benefits. Not many hours.
Make and prep pizza dough. Prep food for that day and the next day's use. Stock and rotate cooler. Unload truck. Take and prepare orders from customers.
Seasonal work
PT Pizza Maker (Former Employee), Newton, IAMarch 25, 2015
I worked at the Iowa Speedway track greeting guests. worked on the trolly ride to the inside track and answered guests questions about the speedway.
Okay work environment
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cortland, ILMarch 24, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: dental
I enjoyed working there. I enjoyed learning to run the cash register and the cooking. the workplace was kept clean and almost everyone did their part. I did not enjoy how the people gossip way too much.
Productive and a wonderful workplace
2nd Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hays, KSMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Free drinks
Cons: Health care
It was a great place to learn different things, the management was great and the other employees I worked with had great expectations. The hardest part of the job was getting up real early and dealing with certain customers that would come in and the most enjoyable part of the job was the regular customers that would come in and the other employees that worked there.
Worked in the kitchen
Kitchen Help (Former Employee), Watertown, SDMarch 24, 2015
I liked working for this company but I was not getting enough hours working here. I didn't really like the management to much they picked favorites.
Great Place to work with the public
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Rossville, KSMarch 20, 2015
The overall quality of work was good. It was easy to keep busy, and they were very flexible when it came to life issues, like the birth of our first child! The pay is HORRIBLE for the amount of responsibility placed on each individual employee.
Casey's General Store
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee), Higginsville, MOMarch 18, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
They let anyone be a manager. They will make you do more than what your job description is. The pay sucks for the amount of work that is done.
Caseys is fast pace and can be challenging at times.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Herscher, ILMarch 17, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: no breaks, insurance is offered but extremely expensive, full time is only 70 hours.
Caseys can be very fast pace and changing with the times. There is always something to be doing or preparing for. Most of the co workers are great. The hardest part of working for Caseys is never knowing when you may be fired. The greatest part is the customers. For the most part, the customers want what they want when they want it and it is great being able to provide that service.
hated this placw
COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee), Dawson, MNMarch 17, 2015
Pros: NO
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONON
Customers make the store
Kitchen Cook (Current Employee), Steeleville, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, was easy to balance work and school, good benefits (401k, medical, dental..etc)
Cons: short notice of schedule
I enjoyed the customers most of all. When doing my job I always kept in mind that it was them that I was working for. I knew that everything I made was a reflection on myself.
ok place to work
cashier/ kitchen employee (Former Employee), Greenville, ILMarch 11, 2015
the job itself was fine however my hours were severly cut so i quit. i loved the people who trained me and i would have stayed but only getting 1 shift in to weeks wasnt worth it
Productive work enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), West Fargo, NDMarch 11, 2015
Management and co-workers were very dependable and reliable in the work place, making it easier for management and assistants to get things done in the work place
Great People Low pay
Store Manager (Current Employee), Cassville, MOMarch 10, 2015
I learned a lot about customer service and enhanced my management ability. I would with good people and felt like I was apart of the community.
Cashier
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 6, 2015
Cons: prejudice manager
Responsibilities included sales of all products within the business, checking out the customers in a timely manner. Made sure all customers were aware of all products on sale and they were taken care of with a positive attitude. Stocked, organized and cleaned shelves for the next day’s business.

1 2 3 4 5

About Casey's General Store

Casey's General Stores makes sure that small towns in the Midwest get their fill of convenient shopping. It operates about 1,700 – Read more

Casey's General Store Salaries