Casey's Employee Reviews

Caseys review
cashier (Former Employee) –  Linn, MOJuly 16, 2017
This company was not very considerate of the employees. They made us work all holidays and in bad weather conditions so they could continue to make money. They cut pay raises as a way to try to save money and gave no bonuses. However, the staff and management did the best they could to make a nice work environment. I enjoyed having the same customers come in because I could easily help them since I remembered what they liked. Overall Casey's was an alright place to work.
Pros
it is right up the street from my house
Cons
Little to no breaks, no benefits, pay was not good
Fast Paced enviroment
Cashier, Checker (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IAJuly 11, 2017
Going in at about 3 am to make the donuts , breakfast pizzas , sandwiches , then getting lunch ready . I've learned they only make 1 type of donut and the rest comes frozen . It's a very busy place to work . Managers are always near by in most cases . I enjoyed greeting / talking to customers every day
Wonderful place to work, great work culture.
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North Mankato, MNJuly 8, 2017
While on duty I was responsible for opening the store, morning books, and running the till.
I had learned to manage a small team, balance day sheets, run both the till and kitchen.
My manager was excellent in both customer service, and knowledge regarding his duties.
The culture was fast paced, but fun. I had gotten along with all employees.
The hardest part of the job was ensuring the pumps were secure in the middle of winter. They often malfunctioned in the winter.
I enjoyed working in the early morning, drinking my free coffee while I balanced the books.
Pros
Free coffee.
Cons
Lack of affordable healthcare plans.
cashier, cook, and delivery driver
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJune 21, 2017
Knowing your regular customers and saying hello to them every day was the best part about this job. Delivering pizza and cooking was also fun. This was a great job to have in a fun environment with a great team.
Fun and very orderly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 7, 2017
Coming in everyday and making sure everything was done and completed according to standards, preparing food and making sure everything was stocked and that all the food was fresh. Greeting customers and helping them get everything they needed. I learned how to correctly deal with customer complaints and how to handle various situations and work alone
Very busy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MOJune 7, 2017
Learned to work with the public. Would wait on customers and stock shelves. Hardest part was no breaks. Most enjoyable part was who I worked with. Very busy but made the day go by fast.
Pros
Busy all the time
Cons
no breaks
Good place to work if they would stop bullying.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Groveland, ILJune 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Caseys. I just left my job there due to bullying from coworker and boss. I tried to resolve situation but got ganged up on instead. Good fast paced job and I like the customers.
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Prairie, MOMay 28, 2017
Great place to work. Very friendly and tries to work around your family life. I had a relative that had cancer when I worked there. The manager made sure I was off anytime I needed to.
Fun and Flexible
Clerk, Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Clinton, ILMay 19, 2017
Casey's is a fun and non stressful job. The hardest part of the job was probably making the pizza's but even though it was hard to catch on to it was still fun. Great starting job.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Locations
fun with some issues
genral employee (Former Employee) –  Northwood, IAMay 8, 2017
loved the atmosphere of the job and the people I worked with were a blast. I loved the job but the hours and availability to switch out days were hard to do. I have children and working every weekend and nights gave me no time to spend with them.
LOVED this job
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Maryville, MOMay 8, 2017
I worked mainly in the sub sandwich kitchen. I really enjoyed it. I spent most of my day working alone and steadily busy. Of course there are times when you get slammed with customers and someone will come and help if they can. My store manager was wonderful, the next-in-line was NOT. The overall morale is good, and Casey's customers are, I swear, the best & most polite in the world. The worst part of the job is unloading the store-truck deliveries because it;s heavy, fast, and takes half the day. The worst part is that each store only has a certain amount designated for payroll so they have VERY FEW full-time employees, and they only pay minimum wage.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
very LOW pay
Great customers
clerk/kitchen (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSApril 16, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the jobs was the customers. Working with co-workers was also enjoyable. The store is kept clean in the front end and the kitchen area.
Pros
half price food and free fountain drinks
good benefits but like to discriminate
Donut maker/cashier/ food service leader (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARMarch 28, 2017
Management at store is terrible, and caseys as a over all employer is bad, they change rules all the time without letting people know, work people overly much and likes to discriminate against people with felonies.
benefits
Cons
work employees too much and dont care about employees
Great environment with bad management
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 20, 2017
I really enjoyed working there, but our manager constantly reminded us that we were all replaceable and made sure to point out everything we did wrong. I loved the people and customers that I had.
easy job but the work environment was awful
Kitchen personnel, Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, IAMarch 18, 2017
the work itself was very easy and straightforward. the schedules changed, the employees loved to dump their work on you or just not show up at all. the customers were usually cool though
Pros
close to home
Great customer service
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMarch 8, 2017
Great customer service
Learned how to make pizzas back to back
Make bundles of items
Keep stock up
Very clean work environment
Great employees
Learned how to run a register
Fast paced with a nice atmosphere
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wadena, MNFebruary 22, 2017
Casey's is a nice atmosphere but very fast paced. I was fired for not being fast enough. You don't feel secure from day 1 in any job. You need to be extremely fast and accurate and able to multi task if you want to work here,
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
very, very fast paced
Productive slow easy going
Casier (Current Employee) –  Hartford, ILJanuary 30, 2017
I work midnights so its typically slow. I haven't learned much at this job just your basic common sense. Management is very poor and they don't do their job most the time everyone is always picking up their slack. the most enjoyable part of the job is working midnights staying away from all the other co-workers and their drama so I can focus on doing my task at hand, I would not recommend Hartford Casey's to anyone.
Pros
there are no pros working with this company
Cons
eerything bout this company is a con
fun enviroment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 19, 2017
i enjoyed going to work everyday the employees were friendly and everybody worked as a team. I really enjoyed the time I spent with this company
fun to work here
Crew (Former Employee) –  Hebron, INJanuary 11, 2017
caseys was fun and the coworkers were cool to i had to make pizzas and other food products i had to clean the kitchen and make warmer pizzas every hour i had to unloa the truck and store the merchandise in the cooler
Pros
50% off food while working
Cons
couldnt take food home