Casey's Employee Reviews in United States

if you have no life this is a good place to work
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sparta, MONovember 3, 2015
The management is the worst. they will only schedule you 15 hours a week but call you in every day for any hours. The only sort of training the give you is a 2 inch thick binder. The workers often call in and you will be expected to work up to an 16 hour shift. Many people come in the store and steal. The manager only sits in her office and watches the video tapes, she never helps with anything you need. Over all this job would be the worst job to choose as a career choice.
Pros
You get to know the whole community of sparta
Cons
no breaks
It was a good place to work except they favored different people.
Cashier/Kitchen (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILAugust 16, 2016
I learned that sometimes in the workforce you can work very hard and even though you work harder then some you, sometimes still have to know people to get ahead. The co workers were not bad but they kept switching managers and there were always new rules. I think I enjoyed working there because of the people I got to see everyday, the interaction.
Pros
Being able to in
Cons
The fact the favored people and not the people who actualy busted there butts doing there jobs
Friendly 24/7 Convenience Store
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, ILJune 30, 2016
Every shift is preparing the best foods for customers to enjoy. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner. We strived towards making every customer happy but preparing all pizzas for take-out, donuts, cookies, and even subs. We work as a team to get the jobs that needed to be done and we kept it going. As new management is taken into part, nothing changes. We still work hard and at a fast paced environment.
Stable work environment
Kitchen Clerk, donut, pizza and Sandwich maker. (Former Employee) –  W. Jackson Blvd, Jackson MissouriApril 12, 2016
A typical day at work included excellent customer and customer satisfaction. I learned to do my job to the best of my ability and not depend on others. Management left a great deal to be desired. Many of my co-workers were young and very lazy. The hardest part of my job was doing my required work as well as the work of others to maintain a nice store. I had respect for the Company. The most enjoyable part of my job was happy and satisfied customers.
Pros
Good Company with good ethics
Cons
drama from young employees
Terrible staff
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pierce, NEJanuary 11, 2016
Staff was not open to hiring new people. When i was first hired all the other employees were rude and talked about each other behind their backs. Management did nothing about this. Certain employees were treated like management and given way too much power. Cleanliness was terrible and some cooks would touch food without washing hands or wearing gloves.
Pros
cheaper food
Cons
no breaks if busy, low pay, low hours, terrible communication.
pour management, double standard, revenge scheduling
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 21, 2016
go into work, keep kitchen up to par, drawer count at begging of shift, pick up excess chores and responsibility not fulfilled from prior shift workers, deposit and keep drawer at a steady number. come in uniform everyday, stay over for call offs, stock and upkeep, tidiness and cleanliness.
Pros
10 minute breaks, discounts, some benefits
Cons
Lack of position advancement, pour management, Unprofessional co- workers
great management
pizza maker (Former Employee) –  Cameron, MOJune 12, 2016
great job but there was a lot of drama, I enjoyed going to work everyday. I learned what team work was really about. My typical day was going into work making sure my uniform was complete made sure I had my hair net and hat. Made sure everything was stocked for the night and made sure there was enough pizza dough made. I made sure there was fresh new warmer pizza slices in the warmer every hour.
Very friendly employees with terrible management
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bella Vista, ARMay 25, 2016
I loved working with everybody while I worked at Casey's but the primary manager would refuse to give me 1 or 2 of my checks, and even after quitting I received neither. Assistant manager came in drank, high, or not at all, forcing other people to stay late.
Pros
Good, honest people working with you
great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 9, 2016
rang up customers
I learned that personalities vary in the customer service field
the management was amazing
hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers
the most enjoyable part was working with my colleges
Pros
half price off food
Cons
the breaks were only 15 mins
production
Associate (Former Employee) –  Atwood, ILApril 25, 2016
Management( managers) are not professional! The work day was short. The co worker were ok except when family worked together it was hard to get them to do anything. I learned that at certain job there will always be a boss or manager that will make a great work the worst worker
Pros
Great opportunities
Cons
Work place drama, manager is not professional
Calm inviroment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Caruthersville, MOMay 6, 2016
Steady on most days. I learned to do other jobs other than my
job title. There's always someone there to help if needed. There are no breaks. you break as needed but only for a few minutes as needed.
Pros
50% up to a certain amount
Cons
no breaks which is cool you break on your own which is rarely needed
Working for a productive and fun company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 11, 2015
Typical day consisted of checking out customers, maintaining a clean store, making sure items were stocked and organized, making pizzas and other food items per customer orders and for the warms and display. Iearned how to work at a fast pace during busy times, good communication and listening skills. Management was great. My boss was amazing. She was there for us and was understanding. My co workers were for the most part great people and fun to work with, except the occaisional no call no show. Hardest part was getting all side work done in a certain period of time especially on busy days. Most enjoyable part was the customers and regulars.
Pros
50% off meals, free foutain drinks while working, sometimes lottery and cigarette reps passed out coupons to employees, easy to pick up hours and advance in company.
Cons
Open 24 hoiurs and holidays where we would be required to work, have to be full time status for certain benefits, tends to be lots of coming and going with employees, therefore having to pick up shifts or stay later.
Fun place to work
Kitchen Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, IAMay 13, 2016
Typical day is making pizza, greeting customers, and working as a cashier. There is really no hard part of the job. Management is exceptional and very flexible with my hours, as I also work another job
Pros
greeting public
Cons
some late nights
Great Employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Paris, TNApril 18, 2016
The other employees were fair and great workers. Did what were asked of them. I learned about running the cash register. We did not have a store manager. The hardest part of the job was doing most of the work myself. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with such great people.
Great Job
cashier (Former Employee) –  lincoln neJune 2, 2016
Loved working herer
very busy
the management changed a lot
the co workers were great all the same age mostly
hardest part nothing really
the people
Pros
customer service
Cons
drugs
Fast paced and there is always something to do
Store Employee (Current Employee) –  Rossville, ILJuly 24, 2015
Great place to work with good benefits.
Friendly Co-workers
Supportive management
My favorite part of the job was interacting with customers and hearing how well they love the food.
My least favorite is that some shifts are understaffed
Pros
Half off food, drinks, etc while on the clock
Cons
Some shifts understaffed
To cook the foods
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rockwell City, IAJune 2, 2016
To make pizza's and all the lovely foods that all the people come in to eat and to enjoy the food. I've learned so much from watching them and showing me them.
pay sucks
cashier (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, ILMay 30, 2016
management in shelbyville is good except for the kitchen that lady is rude i hated that i never got any hours this is more of a teens job not an adult with bills
Fun workplace with a pool table.
Waitress, bartender, cook (Former Employee) –  OHJanuary 15, 2016
I worked all buy myself as the cook, bartender, and waitress. So, I was constantly going. I did all prep and closing. I did all three positions for $4.50/hr. + tips. I learned to be quick while working here. I didn't have any back-up so everything was all on me. The hardest part of this job is dealing with drunk people way bigger than my 100 lbs. self. The most enjoyable part was hanging out with the customers while I was at work.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Employer was/is a drug addict.
great workplace
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Fairmount, ILMay 23, 2016
fast pace work environment. great co-workers and employer. overall I enjoy going into work everyday and enjoy who i work with.

2.9