Cash America International

Cash America International United States Employee Reviews

CAI
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 3, 2015
Go above and beyond attitude with everyone at CAI. People were at Cash America for years, 10 plus years until they started to lay off.
It is a fun work place!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lakewood, CAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Pay is to low
It is a fun work place the people are nice here but the pay is very low, been with the company for a year and no raise yet, the company is okay overall but if you are looking for growth in your pocket book I would look esle where.
Cash is not what it used to be.
Operations Cash America International (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no comments
Cash has new flag that mean new boss. I think the company is going through a face of confusion and chaos without a solution in sight.
We have a fun.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMarch 13, 2015
It's a good privilege for anyone to work in a reputed Company.
I've been working in this company for over 7 years and 8 moths.
Thank you Cash America for Everyting. I was laid Off.
Good Company to work for!
Market Manager (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 26, 2015
Great team around you to support your growth. Typically a fun business that your hard work pays off. This is a job that you can learn something new everyday.
Family environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee), College Park, GaFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: position advancement
Cons: not enough time allowed for family interactions
The typical day at work was fast paced and fun (customer interactions and sale events) which was an enjoyable part of the job. Management was very caring about work and non-work related issues. The hardest part of the jobs was not being able to satisfy the customer's needs.
Learning experience
Customer Service Rep. (Pawnbroker) (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Working at a Cash America pawnshop is never boring, you always run in to something new and different. You also learn about many different products and items ranging from electronics to jewelry. Over time I came to love my co-workers and adored my regular customers. I can say that for the most part working at Cash America has been a great experience.
We strive for excellence
Manager, Contact Center Operations (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 11, 2015
We strive for excellence as we set, and achieve, high standards of performance for ourselves. We inspire creativity, champion change that leads to improvement, demonstrate a willingness to learn and improve, and empower others to realize their full potential.
Good job. Company culture is great. Management makes work fun, but that changed in the last three years
Store manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 27, 2014
Pros: fun place to work. not a dull moment
Cons: change in culture and constant change in upper management and business strategies.
Inconsistency in directions and strategies, change in executive level is constant in the last 3 to 4 years. Regional VPs that started and helped make the company successful since its inception left and replaced with executives from another industry that do not know anything about Pawn business. .
In the last 4 years I have seen at least 10 managers get fired or quit. Management turnover is very high.

More and more hours piled on Managers with no raises and cuts in bonuses over the last two years (Bonus? What's that?). Closing stores and massive cuts in personnel. Expect to work 60+ hours per week as a Manager. No work/ life balance (that stopped with the bonuses). It's all about the shareholders now.
Productive and fun. Very fast paced.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 31, 2014
In the 3yrs. I worked here I learned a lot about the company and myself. I enjoyed working face to face with customers. On a normal day I would process about 52 loans. We had a great staff and worked well together as a team. The office was always filled with smiles made for a great day.
Friendly environment
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 17, 2014
Pros: work from home one day a week, work lunches
Cons: not enough sick days
Quiet place to work
Caring Management
Good friends to work with
Time sensitive work
Projects
Cash America
Senior Learning & Development Consultant (Former Employee), Naperville, ILSeptember 22, 2014
Great company to work for family atmosphere. Typical day included prioritizing several projects
Core Values are focused on daily.
Regional Human Resource Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2014
Being with Cash America for 15 years, the employees are the best and it was them, that made each day worth it all.
Professional Fast Paced Atmosphere gone trashy
Manager (Current Employee), Salem, OHJuly 27, 2014
Pros: ???
Cons: bonuses should be divided upon by productivity not title.
Overall Working for Cash America has been a pleasure. At the beginning it was a professional Cash advance/banking experience and recently it as turned into an old mans overpriced garage sale!! Unclean and unprofessional. Though I have learned a lot about the Pawn business I do not agree that all stores should sell merchandise it slows productivity and may make some cash loan customers even more uncomfortable since the Companys main goal is to provide ordinary people with financial solutions that has gone out the window which is sad.
Needs to get back to being a pawn company
Manager (Former Employee), TexasJune 30, 2014
Pros: no hovering manager
Cons: a few.
Cash America was good to me and treated me fairly right up until the end. However, every year there is some type of restructuring which leads to people being let go. Moral suffers and you are always wondering if your department and job is next. This makes for a very stressful work environment.
Professional & Respectful Legal Department
Director, Corporate Counsel (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJune 23, 2014
General Counsel and all members of the legal and compliance departments were very professional and respectful. I had very limited interaction with the business team, but they seemed to have the beset interest of the company in mind, as well.
Productive workplace
Property Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee & soft drinks
Must have a degree to work in Accounting. Most co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Policy & procedures are always changing to help better the workload.
Fun, Family environment meeting the customers needs with a servants hearts
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXApril 3, 2014
Pros: fun friendly environment
Cons: part time pay for full time dedication
Meeting new people everyday with different situations and needs. One gets a sense of accomplishment and appreciation when the customer says thank you and shakes your hand when their needs are met or exceeded. Very professional and supportive staff.
Great culture, great talent, great location...
Quality Assurance Test Lead (Former Employee), Fort WorthFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: .great learning oppertunity.
Cons: benefits and commute.
The major challenge working at Cash America was the commute because the major highway to get to work was under construction for four years, no remote working, and IT project assigned to was moving even further away.

Originally I was hired for my automated skills with Mercury/HP test products, however; they suddenly made a switch to IBM Rational products, hence; great learning opportunity.
It was fun to travel!
IT BUSINESS ANALYST and PM (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: travel compensation
Cons: no permanent opportunities
Learning about the systems and interactions between two countries was amazing. It provided the basis for the IT experience within SAP systems and eCommerce. Two completely different environments that needed to learn to speak to one another in order to complete the acquisition.

What was supposed to be an analysis of 6 months was completed in 3 months and I'm grateful for it, for it prooved my skills and dedication.

1 2 3