Cash America International

Cash America International Employer Reviews

Professional & Respectful Legal Department
Director, Corporate Counsel (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OhioJune 23, 2014
General Counsel and all members of the legal and compliance departments were very professional and respectful. I had very limited interaction with the business team, but they seemed to have the beset interest of the company in mind, as well.
Productive workplace
Property Accounting Clerk (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: free coffee & soft drinks
Must have a degree to work in Accounting. Most co-workers are very friendly and helpful. Policy & procedures are always changing to help better the workload.
Great culture, great talent, great location...
Quality Assurance Test Lead (Former Employee), Fort WorthFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: .great learning oppertunity.
Cons: benefits and commute.
The major challenge working at Cash America was the commute because the major highway to get to work was under construction for four years, no remote working, and IT project assigned to was moving even further away.

Originally I was hired for my automated skills with Mercury/HP test products, however; they suddenly made a switch to IBM Rational products, – more... hence; great learning opportunity. – less
It was fun to travel!
IT BUSINESS ANALYST and PM (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: travel compensation
Cons: no permanent opportunities
Learning about the systems and interactions between two countries was amazing. It provided the basis for the IT experience within SAP systems and eCommerce. Two completely different environments that needed to learn to speak to one another in order to complete the acquisition.

What was supposed to be an analysis of 6 months was completed in 3 months – more... and I'm grateful for it, for it prooved my skills and dedication. – less
Great attitude
Executive Support Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: free training
Cons: overall none, personally no growth opportunities
Great place to work overall with great employees. Most people have a great attitude and positive minded. Provides lots of training.
Loved this Job
Pawn Broker/Loan Consultant (Former Employee), Dallas CountyDecember 10, 2013
Pros: amicable environment
This job was interesting and amicable. Got to meet some great people in the community and learned a wealth of new information about all kinds of retail equipment. Got to meet local businesspeople and there is seldom a dull day as a pawnbroker.
Challenging Work Environment
Lead Business Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Worth, Tx.November 11, 2013
Fast paced, high visibility project working with talented people.
.net Developer
Senior Developer (Current Employee), forthworth texasAugust 13, 2013
I have Strong aspirations with basic strength in analysis of business processes and building up of technical Architecture in line with Process Re-engineering. I being a Computer Graduate, have developed my skill to provide the best possible solution to any real life problem related to Mutual fund services, Financial Services and any customer service – more... related situation by design, analysis and software development – less
Fun Exciting place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2013
Everyday is different in what your day will bring. So you never know what to expect. Keeps it fun and exciting. Management is great. Helping people everyday making peoples life better is the best part of the job. Hardest part of the job is trying to figure out what value to put on every item that comes in the door.
Fun Exciting place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 18, 2013
Productive and very busy environment
Loan officer/CSR (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 14, 2013
Pros: super busy work schedule which made the day go by fast.
Cons: short lunches
I enjoyed working at Cash America for the reasons being that there were so many things to be done at the same time. I learned how to mutli-task on a better level. Answering phones, while in putting customers information in our data base, as well as running a spread sheet, finishing another customers application and running a credit report. The hardest – more... thing of my job was not the job itself but the co-workers and management. There was a lot of favortism and gossip to where going to work was not enjoyable as I thought it would be with all the stress and tension. On a better note the most enjoyable part would be the customers and helping them out with what ever I could possibly do. – less
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee), Warren, OHJune 11, 2013
The customers are great and keep the day interesting all the time. The staff is wonderful and very helpful with anything the customer needs.
Productive & Fun
Lead Customer Rep (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 20, 2013
There is always room for growth in this company. Good atmosphere & Great values.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denton, TXMay 14, 2013
Greet customers and answered any questions they had.
Balanced cash drawer.
Check Cashing, Money Orders, Western Union Money Transfers.
My co-workers were team players and very helpful.
Great
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 1, 2013
its great working there,learnt more about the new tools
its great co workers,good management
Very busy workplace
Mentor Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 15, 2013
This is a good company with good foundations but lately is to focused on showing numbers to shareholders and forgot what the business is about.
Also is loosing their Core Values
An okay company to work for.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: it a job
Cons: you can work there for a long time and know one will give you any praise or thanks.
Cash America international is one of the largest pawnshops in America with lots of subsidiary company through out the US.
You think that would be an advantage right?
Lots of stores lots of employees=lots of money.
Well, you'd be wrong.
Sure they give you medical and dental and vision insurance but they also deduct it from your check and the insurance – more... always goes up every single year.
There is no room for advancement unless someone dies or your major brown noser.
And, I wont even get started on the "management".
Layers upon layers of BS. – less
stressfull company to work for last few years
Senior Field Auditor (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 11, 2012
Pros: good atmosphere out in field
Cons: everyone frovp level down to store mgrs are scared they will be replaced
When I started with this company there were approx 80 stores, it has grown to more than 900 locations and subsidearies.
Over last 5 years new management team has been being set up as the team to lead the company for the next 25+ years. They have been restructuring operationsions and corporate staff with people from their past histories and thus made – more... it very un comfortable to work not knowing when your time was going to be over. Over the last 2 years travel has become extensive both domestic and abroad (over 50%). I am looking for a job where I can plan on retiring in 17-18 years and scale back on the travel to maybe 25-30% – less
Company Core values are the BEST I had ever worked for.
Shop Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXSeptember 6, 2012
I enjoyed working for Cash America. The best place to work in my opinion. Taking chances is part of the day to day businessm this keeps it interesting and different from day to day.
Very fun and interesting company to work at.
General Manager (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2012
Enjoy dealing with customers on a daily basis. Very family oriented and enjoy the leadership training and development it has to offer.