Cash America Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed helping people
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKAugust 19, 2017
Cash America was a joy to work for . It was different everyday and I was consistently learning new things . It was a very humbling experience to work there and I enjoyed all 6 years .
Okay place to work
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 17, 2017
I learned a lot about the loaning process. The discount are good I enjoyed working here because I have meet a lot of customers it is a busy place to work so that time goes by fast
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
No room for promotion
Interesting great enviornment to work in full of different people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
I learned how to deal with customers more socially 1 on 1 in certain situations to come to a solution, whether the customer is in a good or bad mood..
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Compensation and pay
if you need a job
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 15, 2017
poor management , did not get paid for all hours worked and took my commission, real shady folks to work for but will pay a few bills. no proper training.
Pros
say what ya want
Cons
dont get paid correctly
Alot of work for little pay
Customer Service Represtative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2017
little pay but a lot of work. Hours where not giving just like I was promised. Management was very rude horrible place to work at. Selling a lot but little commission you get from the sell
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Na
Pawn Broker, I (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 11, 2017
Working for Cash America was great and taught me a lot. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a great place to start work. Great pay great hours and at the shop i worked at great employees.
Pawn shop with the biggests best selection in Longview, TX
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 10, 2017
Here I worked the entire floor from house keeping, prepping merchandise, organizing warehouse, processing and appraising inventor, processing loans, and setting displays. I very much enjoyed working with all the employees and managers here. I was very proud to work for such a great company even for the short period I was there.
Pros
Benefits, Comission, Environment
Cons
In the beginning it was great, and it ends in a hellish nightmare.
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 8, 2017
I have worked in retail and customer service the past ten years and I have worked for tons of different types of business. This job started off pretty great. I absolutely love the people I worked with, best bunch of people I ever worked with. The hours were great, pay was minimum but the benefits were almost perfect. Half the reason I stayed so long was the people and the benefits. But eventually it turned into a nightmare. The benefits that were so awesome have slowly been taken away one by one. Management is awful. It's definitely a who you know not what you know situation with hiring and promotions. They lie to your face, promise you this and that but never deliver on their word. It was nice while it lasted I guess but it's not a nice company anymore since first cash took over.
Pros
Good benefits, friendly coworkers, ability to learn a lot
Cons
Management, low pay, hard stressful work, dangerous work environment
Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NevadaAugust 8, 2017
It was good experience, I've learned a lot about customer service, merchandise, Management. I enjoyed it. A lot of good hardworking people working with you. Long hours, always short handed.
Pros
Bonuses, Health benefits, Sometimes paid lunches, Company events.
Cons
No work, life balance, A lot of hours.
Fun, outgoing, new & competitive
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 7, 2017
Typical day: Analyze reports while attending loan and retail costumers
What I learned: Leadership, Patience, Growth, Business
Management: I started PT(part time) and shot up the ranks within six months to one year gained control of my first pawn shop. Promotions within the company are great benefits.
Workplace culture: Acts with a servant's heart, family, strive for excellence & have fun
Hardest part of job: Corrective Termination to store personnel
Most Enjoyable part of job: The team in whom I work with everyday and the customer in which the needs I meet for them everyday
Pros
Everyday is different & challenging, Monthly sales event, Bonus
Cons
Every pawn shop has different structures
fun place to work
Pawnbroker (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 7, 2017
the pay wasn't the best but my co workers and managers was GREAT to me. you meet alot of different people working in the pawnshop and learn how to work alot of different tools and computers. the commission was lovely .
Has pros and cons
Pawn Broker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLAugust 2, 2017
System is not fair, and can't take vacations really because of short staff all the time. Assistant manager lies to you about everything and threatens your job only when manager and shift lead isn't around
Not a good company to work for if you are looking to advance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAAugust 1, 2017
Hard work, low pay. , no opportunity for advancement. Company does not stand behind it's employees, hard to deal with customers, unreachable goals....
Great place-Not intended for long term goals for most.
Lead Pawnbroker (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 1, 2017
Everyone will always have their own issues and opinions. Some may like it some may despise the place after working there, some simply don't like it others fall in love after a while.
Pros
Competitive Pay incentives. Decent benefits.
Cons
No room for raises and internal promotions.
micromanaged organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 1, 2017
micromanaged organization. company merged with First Cash and company philosophy and mission statement changed. Not much separates Cash America (FirstCash) and its competitors.
competetive work place
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 31, 2017
great place to work but not enough pay for all that we are assigned to do, also some favoritism at some work place. the hardest part of the job was having to carry heavy things to the back room when there was no male around to do it.
Pros
discounts by store supervisor
Cons
not enough pay
Difficult
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fern Park, FLJuly 28, 2017
This job was great at first, but then it just went downhill after that. My manager was very unprofessional. My team didn't get along too well. An environment I was very happy being in.
Great place to grow
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 28, 2017
Cash America was a wonderful work place and is great with their workers treat them like family and that's what their all about this company is doing great things for the community
Productive / fun/ confortable
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Apopka, FLJuly 27, 2017
it was a good experience to me work for Cash America Pawn they help you to improve your knowledge and motivate for growth, the personal is very professional and respectful !
Pros
time for lunch
The job is very productive and excited to meet and help people
Pawn Broker/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 27, 2017
Cash America is a very exciting place to work you always meeting new people and able to help them out with loans and sales and creating a new relationships with your customer.
Pros
commissions, 401k, and insurance
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash America. Our community is ready to answer.