Cash America Employee Reviews in United States

CEO Sold us out
Manager Network Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 26, 2016
claimed company was family oriented then sold out and retired. we will all lose our jobs now.

my boss was great. my employees were great
Pros
nice area to work - 7th St. downtown
Cons
will be fired by new regime when they take over
full time work/ part time pay
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
dealing with rude customers, bad management, extra hours and no pay increase... at all. co works are the only good exceptions.
Very productive work place
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 23, 2016
Great workplace! The best job I've had. I really enjoyed working here. Great benefits and deals. Management was great. If I had to go back I would
This is a place where to much goes on at once in a small place.
Marion Co. Corrections (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2016
I loved working with the case workers and staff. I learned a lot when it came to the computer systems and how their day progressed. The hardest part of the job was knowing that some of the clients couldn't help doing what they had done to put them there.
Pros
Close to food places, get holidays off.
Cons
Cons knowing who I am.
Pawn Broker
Lead CSR to Shop Manager - Licensed Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 20, 2016
Learn to judge items quick and be patient. this is not a job for everyone. you learn a lot about the true value or items and what people will bring in for $10
Pros
great discounts
Cons
advancement
Business structure is in need of help
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 16, 2016
Met a lot of great people, sure was a learning experience. Collections is not my cup of tea. This company needs a Do over with Management team
Great workplace
CSR (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLMay 12, 2016
I was working there for almost two years it is a great place to work for I would enjoy working for the company again I love my employees they were fun to work with
review
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 5, 2016
i would open the store, set up, and explain to customer prices or non-negotiable.
hardest part of the job was organizing the store and transitioning the employees on whats require and expected to run the store correctly. most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
The customers make it all worth while
Austin, Texas - Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 3, 2016
The company has changed a great deal over the years. For me it has always been about the customers. I sought everyday to help my customers past whatever hurdle life threw at them. Some needed gas to make it to their next payday, some money for food, a way to pay for a funeral, and some only needed a smile. No matter what they needed I strived to make sure they always left with the latter.

I learned to be a part of a team. I have had many managerial positions in the past. This was the first where I had to work directly with everyday. It taught me a lot about being a leader and finding the strengths in others and showing them how to refine and polish those strengths into real skills.

The part I loved most was that there wasn't a "typical" day. To say that the work life was dynamic would be a gross understatement. It really helped me to hone my ability to make decisions and think on my feet.
Pros
The customers, close bonds with staff, crash course in business
Cons
Work and home life balance
It was interesting
Customer Service Rep. promoted to Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  7896 Broadway, Merrillville, IN 46410April 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time there. There's always something new to look forward to in this job. You need to make sure you deal well with change as they are always changing their ways of doing things.
Pros
friendly, something different, good hours
Cons
can be tiresome

Want to know more about Cash America?

Ask a question
Upbeat environment
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 28, 2016
Interacted with customers and provided best possible financial solution. Had a very supportive management team and good co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being able to move up within the company and not enough hours. I enjoyed interacting with the customers and helping them find the best solutions available within company policy.
Review
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 21, 2016
No review given. I would like to keep my opinion to myself. Cash America is a great company.

Good benefits
Great Hours
Good Management
Fun place to work, good benefits, interact with different culture-cutomers
Title Pawn Administrative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30341April 15, 2016
Typical:Busy days,
learned: be positive, team player and tolerant,
Management: get results on time to customers and management,
The hardest part of the job: an unsatisfied customer,
Enjoyable part: finish a task and satisfy a customer
Good place to work but needs better management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOApril 8, 2016
I loved coming to working and helping people. Lots of costumers would line up for my help. I always went to work with the mentality of helping people. I learned better communication skills. Especially, how to valued people and merchandise. I had ok managers. They where never on the same page which made everyone really confused. Sometimes they where really disrespectful to their employees, one specifically. My coworkers where great we always worked as a team. I never complaint about the job because it was never hard. The management where hard to work with. That I would be have lots of people come through the doors with a smile looking for me.
Pros
People really appreciate your help
Cons
unfairness
Used to be better. Used to be about people, Now its all about money
Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2016
In a typical day you help people get loans, buy merchandise and so on. I have learned a great many things in my years here. I have loved my job. The years have seen many changes in the company. They used to put customers and employees first. Now they put profits first.

The hardest part of the job is not knowing from day to day what to expect from those above you. They will say one thing to you in the store and then you go for a meeting and are blind sided.

They are in a time of change. There are still a great many wonderful people that work their. It is still a good job. And it may be a great job again some day. But right now they are bringing in to many "true retail" people that do not know the job. They do not understand what takes place in stores. This causes the expectations to be unfair and unrealistic.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and employees in the store. Some customers are just such good people that are in a hard place. And you get to help them improve or at least get through today.

I hope they find their way back to their roots. As little as five years ago I gave this company an all star rating. They cared about helping employees do their jobs and have a good life. Now they are like most companies.

The benefits have went down hill greatly too. They have kept increasing your insurance costs but decreasing coverage. I can not afford to go to the Dr but I am paying a higher rate. The company is losing sight of it being a people first business. Now it is all about the money. Yes, you need to make money but you do not need to step
  more... on your employees to do it.

They have also reduced the entry level pay rate. As a manager you can not pay your people a fair wage. You have to hire them on the cheap and then raises do not happen. Raises for this year are to be about 2 cents per hour!

Also, they are cutting costs in the store. If you need building repairs, you can not get them. In the past if you had broken fixtures they got fixed timely. Now you have to explain to ten people why you need something fixed and hope they ALL agree.
Pros
Keeps you on your toes, you can help customers
Cons
health care costs, poor pay, corporate keeps cutting costs
great job something different every day
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 6, 2016
great place to work but managers let their power get to their heads. there is nothing hard about this job if your a good person then you will do just fine. learned the resale value of a lot of thinsgs
Pros
every day is a surprise
Cons
dealing with mad customers
Pawn shop can be hardship
Sales/Loans/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Marysville, WAMarch 20, 2016
Having 40 hours was great. I did most of the sales floor shifts. I was top in Regional Sales.

Working loan counter I learned a lot about jewelry, electronics and tools.

Hardest part of the job was seeing customers down on their luck and having to pawn items. Heavy lifting was sometimes cumbersome.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Retail hours
Shady upper management no advancement oppertunities
Pawn Broker (Former Employee) –  Winder, GAMarch 18, 2016
They work you to the bone, and show absolutely no appreciation to the effort you put into the company. Instead of promoting within, they hire outside people who have no idea what they are doing, and put them in charge of you. When there are issues and you bring them to their attention they call you a liar. When human resources are brought in they put people who are friends with the person who is under investigation on the case. The typical daily work is easy, and most of the customers you meet are kind. The only issue is way to much corruption in the company. Its about who you know, not what you know.
Pros
Meeting new people, benefits, full-time
Cons
Corrupted management, no room to grow, no appreciation
Fun work place
Dallas- Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 13, 2016
pulling invertory helping customers get thru the week or month by loaning them money selling them items they might need for home or car
Pros
Healthcare, family
Cons
no overtime
productive workplace
Emphasis on Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harvey, ILMarch 10, 2016
Great job, good discounts on products. Good learning experience, The hardest part is dealing with irate customers and power tools.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
part-time hours