Cash Store Employee Reviews

Easy going job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, IL 60901February 5, 2018
I really enjoyed the job and got close to my customers but didn't like getting yelled at over the phone for something that was out of my control. I liked my manager but didn't like the higher up management but they were unfair.
Pros
Didn't have to clock out for breaks, got mileage to go to the post office or bank for the job
Cons
healthcare, working every saturday for half day, higher management
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 18, 2018
Don't do it! Worst job ever I have ever had. The management is absolutely horrible. The pay and benefits DO NOT make up for the horrible district, regional, ect managers.
benefits
Cons
everything else
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 11, 2018
Work was easy, not stressful, only during busy season had to juggle 3 rounds of calls and helping complete new applications. Pocess to help customer is easy to understand and complete.
Watch out for upper management
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 23, 2017
High turnover of district and regional managers. No Saturdays off. Monthly audits instead of quarterly. Even when targets are met and audits are passing, they only discuss what was wrong and what needed to be improved. No recognition for good work or years on the job. No new trainings. They go over the same 6 courses. Imagine going over those same packets for almost 5 years. They NEVER tell you why you're fired. Don't voice your opinion on anything because you'll be written up the next day for "unprofessionalism" I wouldn't dare go into the 578% interest they charge customers on a loan. IT WAS A GREAT IDEA THAT I LEFT. I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO SEE A PSYCHIATRIST AFTER THIS EXPERIENCE....
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper management
ok i guess
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 13, 2017
working at the cash store you will not have a any social life, it is very stress full and it gets very difficult having to see the old folks getting cash advances and they never get off its very difficult for customers to pay off because of the high interest rate. could not take it anymore
Not at all secure due to you don't know when you will be let go!!!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXNovember 4, 2017
The training for the job was constant pressure over the shoulder. Being told that you are doing good then on a Monday of their choosing they let you go
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else is a con
Good starting Pay
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
Working at the Cash Store had its ups and down. You had growth opportunity however as you climb up the ladder work it just starts to get worse. You work as if it was your last day and consistently getting feedback even if your stores performance is amazing. The amount of work was ridiculous for one person as a district manager and on top of that it had to be hand written. Sadly you end up growing a extra finger on your ring finger. I enjoyed working with majority of the staff. Depending what store location you work it can be fast pace or slow place environment. I had no life because i was always working open to close even on Saturdays. Sundays i was on call and i always had to carry my binder in case someone called me and decided act sick, it was very overwhelming and not worth it. I wish i stayed as a ASM.
Pros
Great Start Pay
Cons
Poor Management
Its an easy job. flexable schedule
Asssistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 4, 2017
When I first started this job things where great, I actually enjoyed going to work everyday. The main thing is to hit take things to personal, it's a job that requires a lot of patience. You would constantly get rude customers, they will try to intimidate you, but other then that I loved the job, and it's a great pay.
Pros
great benifits, flexable schedules, great pay
Cons
rude customers
Fun place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 4, 2017
Good place to work. Does have pros ans cons is definitely a customer service focused job. Do get paid holidays and always main holidays off. In all a great start in the customer service field.
Very boring
Loan Officer - Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Great job for a bookworm. You work 8-9 hour days and only are busy for 2-3 hours total per day. However if you can stand the boredom without going crazy, the pay is good and you get benefits. Hours are bad because it's smack in the middle of your day. Not recommended for someone with a family or a life.
Pros
Managers gets OT, benefits are medical, vision, dental, 401k after 60 days.
Cons
Manager gets no lunch break, middle of day hours, not near enough to do.
Guaranteed job
Full-time assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 28, 2017
It's very Guarantee job and guarantee benefits and guarantee hours guarantee friendly environment very learning experience and I would recommend it to anyone.
Unsecure
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXAugust 2, 2017
Heard from first week would be let go when hit year mark. This was correct for me and many before me. Training practices were not done very well. Made you take longer lunches if you worked over for them.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours and threat of losing job in a year.
sometimes slow but otherwise balanced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 18, 2017
I liked working with my co worker and my next chain of command. the training was hard had to travel and be gone for a week, was left alone after my first week on the job, was scary but I managed it
Pros
working with a good manager
Cons
having to travel, and the hours
Terrible company!
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJuly 1, 2017
I started as an assistant manager & was promoted to store manager about 5 months in. Basically after that I had no life. They make you work long hours 6 days a week. Regardless, I worked very hard & ended up bonusing every month besides 2 for the next 11 months. I ended up moving a few months after being promoted so I asked to be transferred to a store closer to me & was told they do not do transfers. About 2 months after being told that, the store I wanted to transfer to ended up having 2 employees get in a heated argument during store hours. The employee who started the argument & even threatened the other employee, was immediately transferred to a different store instead of being fired. They definitely pick favorites there & treat their employees very unfairly. There are tons of other stories I could tell but that's just the basics. Upper Management is fake as can be & will talk about you to other employees & talk about other employees to you. Too much drama. Do yourself a favor & stay away. Mcdonalds would be a better company to work for than this place.
Pros
Customers/Healthcare
Cons
Management/long days & hours
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 30, 2017
I only left this company because I was originally hired out of Brownwood then told if I wanted the managing position I would need to relocate so I did. When I found out I was pregnant, the Brownwood store was hiring again and I asked to be transferred but they let someone else fill the position and so I gave a to week notice. This company does not do rehires.
if you are smart you will not even apply!
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 4, 2017
You are treated like garbage- first they are sweet and nice but, once you have given up all life to the company they are down right nasty. They also fire you for made up reasons!!!
Pros
none, absolutely none!
Cons
no breaks for managers!
Meant for adults, not teenages
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 5, 2017
Management favored employees in front of customers and when help was asked for it was a pain to the person who had to train because they would rather chat with the customers or be on their phone.
Stay Away From This Place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 27, 2017
I had worked in this industry before and was so excited to be offered the job as Assistant Manager. The pay was great, the hours were good, and overall it seemed like a great opportunity!!

Oh how wrong I was...the best part about the job is the customers! Yes....you get one here and there that isnt happy and blames you for everything...but for the most part the customers are wonderful! You see alot of them on a regular basis for extended periods of time and really build connections with them.

On the other hand, the management team is a joke! Your DM is at your store watching over your shoulder all the time and micro-managing everything you do on a daily basis. If you make any mistakes they tell you its ok and that people make mistakes but then they literally gossip and talk to EVERYONE about your simple mistake. Forget taking a day off in your first year...and dont even think about having a family emergency or even an appointment.

The managers constantly look down on you and nothing you do is ever good enough. During your monthly audits, it doesnt matter if you were the top store in the state, they will make a list of everything you did wrong. My store was in rough shape when I got there. I went through and organized the entire store and we ended up bonusing 6 out of the 8 months I worked there...I worked my tail off for this company...

Then I was fired...I walked in the door on a Monday morning(They always fire you on Monday mornings), my DM asked to talk to me, we went in the back, she read a script off of a piece of paper, and told me if I had any questions to
  more... call corporate, then escorted me out of the building. I called corporate and they gave me some stupid excuse, saying that I didnt follow company policy and procedure...however, they gave me 2 weeks of pay after that. Explain that one...

So yes...in short...this place is a terrible place to work!! There is absolutely no job security and they couldnt care less about their employees! All they care about is their money...
Pros
Customers, Pay
Cons
Management Team
Good Luck
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinMarch 6, 2017
This company doesn't believe in work-life balance. Management will expect you to put your position over your personal life. They make it difficult to take off in the first year for doctors appointments/family events due to no vacation time in the first year. If you ever need a weekend off, forget it because its not going to happen.If management likes you it will be easy for you to move up in the company. It will be impossible for you to keep your job. The company runs such short staffed and it seems like each day is letting someone go. The best part of the job is the customers. They will be the ONLY reason why you come to work each day. Returning customers make the job enjoyable. You are trained to make friendships. Make friendships with customers so they want to take out expensive loans from you and feel then guilty if they are not able to make a payment. The worst part is, if your a hard worker it is all the more reason for them to use you even more. Its a lose/lose situation no matter how hard you try. I would avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Customers
It was work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 2, 2017
It's good money if you have never made that much. This job is very demanding and doesn't give you time for your personal life. They have a very high turn over rate, its easy to move up but hard to keep your job. They also need a better security method beccause this isnt the safest job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cash Store. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5