CashCall Inc. Employee Reviews

Fast-paced and disorganized company
Funder (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 29, 2016
Unprofessional management, long hours and lack of communication. Constantly insulted by management. Person who trained me was rude and condescending. Had no patience and unprofessional environment. People smoking vapor cigarettes in office, profanity etc.
Very stressful place to work, unrealistic goals expected.
Pros
Compensation and free lunch at month end.
Cons
Too much overtime and having to take work home.
Productive, Challenging
Sr. Loan Agent (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAMarch 24, 2016
Very fast paced job dealing with deadlines and loans.It was exciting and rewarding. Timelines are crucial so organizational skills are a must.
Pros
Balanced
Cons
Long Hours
Long hours worked was the only way to make a lot of money
Consumer Loan Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 24, 2016
As a CashCall employee...I really don't have much complaints about the company. It was actually a very decent place to work at if you didn't have a loved one or family members. You would have to work a lot of hours here to make a lot of money.
Fun Job
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 15, 2016
It was a fast paced job dealing with Mortgage deadlines and loans.It was exciting and rewarding. Timelines are crucial so organizational skills are a must.
Pros
Free Lunches. Great compensation
Relaxed and productive working atmosphere
Software QA Analyst, Ralis (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 14, 2016
Great place to work. We have a great sense of team and of friendship.

Relaxed yet productive atmosphere. Management gives us realistic tasks and goals.

Learn a lot of useful skills related to technology as well as broader knowledge of the loan products we provide.

We have a lot of perks including food, catered lunches and opportunities to participate in team building activities.
A day at CashCall
Loan Processor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 10, 2013
CashCall is a company where you can be very successful in if you put in the time and effort. A day at CashCall can be described in one word... unpredictable. There will be days where you will be put in a super fast-paced environment where you will be challenged to see how well you can get a certain amount of work done in a timely manner without being overwhelmed by the pressure of your co-worker, and then there will be days where it will be slow and you have to take the initiative to ask what work needs to be done in order to keep up the loan process. I learned a lot from working at this job, one of them being how to take constructive criticism and dealing with co-workers that have multiple personalities. I also learned that hard work pays off, and skills, such as customer service and time management, will help me succeed in my future occupations.
Pros
good benefits, free meals, overtime hours available, advancement available, well-rounded people
Cons
multiple personalities, not always stable, competitive
Fast paced, time oriented and detailed…
Processing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CaSeptember 1, 2013
Working for a mortgage company has really taught me how to work on my toes. I was given a deadline every month and had to pay attention to close details that would be later reviewed. I worked long hours and weekends to make sure everything was done right and on time. Making phone calls, sending emails, receiving faxes, and making FED-EX and UPS packages was also part of my daily routine. I assisted 3-4 Processors at a time and made sure to complete all of the task given to me correct and in a timely manner. I enjoyed every part of my day working at Cashcall. My coworkers were always willing to give me hand, or help out when I needed assistants. I had a great support system, which made communicating with management very comfortable and easy. It was a great experience.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, overtime
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Day in the life cashcall loan agent
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 7, 2014
Beautiful thing about cashcall is you always know where you stand. Ugly thing is if you are at the bottom expect to get let go at the end of the month. CashCall is very transparent about most things that go on there. You receive reports at the beginning and end of the day that detail where you stand amongst the other employees there. Depending on who your manager is, you might get berated with emails or you might be left alone to do your job. Its a pretty straight forward job. You take/make calls, originate loan applications, and make sure your loans fund. Easy enough for a veteran agent, it might be a little tough for a newbie.
Pros
sometimes free lunch, good health benefits
Cons
long hours, little job security
great people
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2016
I loved my job not the people so much. Mass hiring and too many young kids who didn't care. Management was cool. great paying job
Pros
great pay
Cons
too many young people.
Be Prepared to live at work
Mortgage Document Auditor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 1, 2013
Daily tasks consists of auditing refinance files. We have to review and analyze and review all information to make sure it is correct and precise to be sold to the purchasers. Long hours and weekends are mandatory. Management can be great at first but it all goes downhill from there, if they feel that you're not doing well they'll threaten you with your job. It doesn't matter how good you think you're doing, they'll tell you otherwise. The morality of the work team is very low due to job security and job cuts. Almost every other month a few people are let go, and replaced like a vicious cycle. The best part of the job is working with good people on your team.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
under heavy pressure and job security threats
Fast paced work environment.
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 26, 2013
Reviewed my pipeline check on status of current loans.. Contact borrowers to advise on status, request needed documentation, followup on title/appraisal orders.. Worked closely with Underwriting/Funding clearing conditions.
I enjoyed my co-workers it made work enjoyable as for management it varied on how well the team/company was doing. As for the hardest part i would say personal growth and advancement to other positions within CashCall was not encouraged..
Pros
competitive wages and great free meals 2nd half of the month
Cons
career advancement and favoritism
great place to work at over all.
Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 4, 2015
productive, supportive, no stress, good benefits. good opportunity to learn. positive culture. all staff are very friendly and sincere.
Pros
incentives and OT
Cons
can get hectic at end of month cycle.
No dress up requirement
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim CAFebruary 20, 2014
We all work hard and receive great compensation but politic and bad management can take the company down.
Pros
3 meals provide on 2nd half of the month!
Cons
politics and bad managements
It was a ever changing experience with not much room for growth
Collections Counselor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 27, 2015
A typical work day is always a surprise. Its always different. I learned many different tactics of collections to help succeed. Immediate management was good but the level about them was not so good. My co-workers were great to work with. The hardest part of my job was the department manager's and the lack of communication skills and people skills but the best part was going to work everyday and knowing I did my best and gave my all.
Pros
Co workers and some of the job perks
Cons
revolving door on management level, Lack of communication when it came to company future
Great place to begin, develop or change careers.
Payment Processing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 10, 2012
Great place to work. Management team is mature and confident. Team atmosphere. Professional employees and great benefits and compensation.
Pros
month-end free catered lunch. productive environment, competitive pay.
Skill Theives, Jealous, Snakes, Thugs
Collector II (Former Employee) –  Anaheim/Orange, CAFebruary 7, 2015
I came to work for them with exceptional skills. The trainer harrassed me and when I reported him, he passed the word. Caused daily harrassment, constant pulling off the phone for dumb reasons. If they know you are agitated, they will mess with you non-stop. They lied as to the reason for terminating me, then had to pay me Unemployment because they were unable to justify their reasons. They tried to destroy my name. They told me on the phone they would just End our Relationship, then ended the call saying Insubordination. Unable to prove that claim. I wish I would have quit upon seeing so many employee's walk out. I returned to applying for work within my first month of employment with them, thank goodness. I'll never let Snakes hold me down. They allow management to constantly call you in the office, not caring about their possible intentions. I kept it moving, hired by a new job less than a month later. DON'T SETTLE!
Pros
overtime
Cons
harrassment, stalkers, hateful management, perverts
Great place to work with a very competitive environment
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim CAMarch 26, 2014
At Cash Call I was a loan originator. I funded both personal consumer loans as well as mortgage loans. The environment was very competitive as it was the goal to fund as many loans as possible. The pay made the long work hours worth it. the fact that I was able to achieve a strong camaraderie with my team members in such a cut throat environment also gave me satisfaction.
Pros
great compensation
Cons
low quality of life
Friendly environment
Funder (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 6, 2015
Love working here, Team is what its all about. i have learned exceptional team building skills through my daily interactions with co-workers. Even though its a big company everyone is still recognized as a individual and respected for the hard work and many hours that is put in. Overall a wonderful place to work.
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Productive in a fast pace work enviroment
Collections Customer Service Loan processor (Former Employee) –  Orange CAMarch 13, 2013
Check emails, organize my duties for the day, call borrower to continue to collect documents to complete the process of the loan. Assist management in any down time.
Offered assisting co workers in down time
Learning mortgage on my own
Staying busy
Pros
benefits, free breakfast and lunch, open door policy
Cons
poor training
Sales job for self motivated compensation
Senior Loan Agent (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 20, 2012
You will be required to work more than 40hrs a week if you plan on making tier and base quota at 4000/month. It is not an your typical 9-5 and it is highly competitive and you will be domonstrated that you replacable if you do not perform.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long hours and little recognition

2.8