Casino Arizona Employee Reviews

Fun to work at but had its downfalls
Concession Attendant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 12, 2017
It was a good experience but wasn't for me. There was great benefits but I couldn't handle all the smoke. Don't get me wrong the air system is great but if you don't like cigarettes the smell constantly lingers.
Outgoing, work good with others
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  524 n 92nd St Scottsdale AZ 85256June 5, 2017
I am a hard-working person will stay on task and will get the job done I am well with out of control situations suck as people yelling I know how to clam down a person that's like that I think fast in fast situations.
Pros
Can handle intense situations
Cons
Other employees not doing their jobs ill speak on it
Decent
Blackjack Dealer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 6, 2017
For the most part if you are okay with following a mile long list of policies and procedures and not moving anywhere to quickly in the casino, this is the job for you. Keep in mind they have recently been updating new policies giving less benefits to part time workers especially and even if minimum wage is raised everywhere else, not here so don't count on it. Look forward to more rules and losing more benefits.
Pros
Worked around school schedules
Cons
New rules means loosing benefits
Casino Arizona is the premier place to work for casino employees.
Table Games Supervisor/Dealer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 20, 2017
There are many wonderful thing about working here. Great pay and benefits, cheap food, and fun every night.

If you can handle nights, weekends, and holidays in a loud smoky environment then this is a wonderful place to work.
Hard to do better than this
Audio Visual Technician (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 19, 2017
I have worked here for four years. Every department is different. With that being said:

The smaller departments tend to be really good. Very relaxed, good communication, and great people.

The larger departments can be stressful, have ok communication, and the people are all over the place.

The Casino is VERY generous with benefits. Their pay is competitive, a lot of paid time off, good health plans, yearly raises, and Christmas bonuses. They also offer to pay for your schooling as long as it is related to your current job, or another job in the Casino you want to pursue (take advantage of this, such a WONDERFUL thing). In larger departments job advancement is definitely fast. I've seen bussers become managers in as little as two years. However, the smaller departments are almost locked down with very little room for advancement. Many more benefits, too many to list.

Management here cares. Period. I see people complaining about it but they're really only complaining about mid-management, which is totally random depending on department. Upper management is amazing. They always listen to what any employee has to say and I've seen basic employees change the way a few things work around year with a simple email or personal suggestion. They understand that happy employees are mandatory. Perfect attendance, Gold star employee, Employee of the month/quarter/year, and safe employee award incentives. There's a reward for each (:

Only gripes I have:

The bureaucracy is awful sometimes. It's hard to get things done when you need to go through multiple departments to do
  more... a task that takes 20 minutes or to get an issue resolved. Departments are slow to organize between each other.

Holidays are blackout days meaning you can't request them off.

Tip: Find someone in a department you want to work for. Ask them about that job. There are so many departments and jobs, your work environment is going to vary a lot.
Stocker
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 4, 2017
Stocked food and beverage. Started out as a dishwasher and finished in Stocking. Two positions are in the same department.
Learned all about stocking, food and wine and beer. The hardest part were the freezers, too cold
Pros
The job was nice, the people, my boss
Cons
Lifting heavy 90 to 100 lb boxes of meat
Fast paced atmosphere
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 23, 2016
Great place to work. Great work life balance. Training offered is excellent. Good open door policy. Benefits are pretty good. Makes up for pay not being competitive.
Pros
21 Days PTO
Cons
No holidays off
Amusement parks etc
Teller (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2016
Nice place to work you got to know your regular customers and how working for a credit union differs from the bank. Not only did you see or converse with the regular customers but you also got to know their family as well.
I have had better Jobs.
shuttle cart driver (Current Employee) –  Talking Stick ResortJune 15, 2016
Management is lacking in communication skills and confidence building. Paycheck is highly dependant on TIPS, which is up and down. Maintenance on carts is lacking. Expectation to work in cold and extreme heat is standard policy. If a person quits before one year a demand to pay back fees for hiring, gaming licence and such.
Pros
tips are collected on a daily basis.
Cons
poor management and working conditions at times.
Great workers, management needs improving but great place to work
Relief Shift Supervisor Night Cleaners (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 16, 2016
The casino is a great place for advancement. The workers are great and management are open as long as you are. The hardest part of the job is getting there. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and friendship you end up making.
Pros
The advancement opportunities, Benefits
Cons
People with bad attitudes
work is enjoyable if we had our benefits...no we don't have ping pong tables
Security Oficer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 21, 2015
Day 1...I was excited and my job was challenging/interesting. 5 yrs later, job was still exciting - full of various activities...BUT benefits were taken away...10 yrs later, management/Directors mismanagement/double standards...people starting to quit. From then to now I have learned to put up with what's going on and continue to "drive on". I used to be happy about coming to work...now, it's just a job. I still like the people I work with and the things that happen every day...you cannot find that anywhere except in the casino.
Pros
prices in the Employees dinning have rising/almost double
Cons
healthcare has changed/no more paid holidays, etc.
better work place
Beverage Receiving Steward (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 25, 2015
I want a better work place and also have weekends and holidays to spend with my wife and family. upper management doesn't help other employees.
Very entertaining!
Blackjack Coordinator/Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 5, 2015
I started out as beverage server and then went to a supervisor position until they brought in blackjack, then I became a blackjack coordinator. I really enjoyed working with scheduling and payroll and the blackjack dealers were awesome. My manager was very awesome! this position taught me a lot about using Excel, Micro Soft Word, and we used kronos for payroll. The most enjoyable was it brought me challenges.
A fun and proactive place to work
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 3, 2015
Casino Arizona has a great employee community and the people who have worked there for a higher genuinely care about the company and their jobs, which is always nice.
Its a casino
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 1, 2015
Nothing like the movie. But it is fast paced, detailed and constantly evolving. You do work for your money and every day is different. Pretty good benefits.
Casino Arizona
Surveillance Officer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 19, 2014
Great place to work learn to work with some imposible people save the Casino money
Good placeto work
Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale AzNovember 7, 2014
A lot of good years there. Lots of great employees, great job security, great opportunity for advancement and lots of employee oriented activities.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
tough competition
Fun
Talking Stick Resort-Poker (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 27, 2014
This place isnt like any other work place. You work with all kinds of race at this job, which I enjoyh because you get to learn about other peoples culture.
Favors
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 24, 2014
A Lot of favoritism they don't treat the worker well good benefits but there's more better jobs out there
Pros
good benefits
Productive and fun to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 12, 2014
I like to work in casino arizona I enjoy lot of people everyday is a fun place to work
Pros
No free lunch