Casino Queen

Casino Queen United States Employee Reviews

Stressful, very overwhelming.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), East St.Louis, Ill.April 7, 2015
Pros: Free salad, sodas
Cons: Being too overwhelmed with work to take a proper break.
Enjoyed my work there when I was still under "training", however once I was put on graveyard shift without any additional help it became very overwhelming for me being a new person there taking care of two buildings while still learning my job.
Hopefully Casino Queen will hire more than one Maintenance Technician as no new person should be working two buildings by themselves at any shift.
A very Lucrative and Productive company
Host, Cafe Attendant (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, paid breaks, healthcare, vacation
Cons: poor communication at times
Very productive and friendly work environment. I learned to
to work with and around people as a team. The management became unexperienced over the years due to a big management over turn rate. The hardest part of the job was that employees nor management were properly trained in people skill. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with customers
and fellow employees.
tough place to work at times
Customer Service (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2015
Management can be a bit biased. Customers were rude and unfriendly! But for a guaranteed paycheck this is the place! Promotions were few and far in between! No room for advancement!
No longer a great place to work
Server/Banquet Server (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILFebruary 15, 2015
The Casino Queen has change from a great place to work to a routine place of employment. Guests are no longer happy an neither are employees
Not a long term job
Valet Attendant (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: $$$ smoke free
Cons: you can be come part time at any moment
It's good money but watch out you can be out the door or part time at any time on matter how long you've been there or union. The business is very slow for tipped employee's If you want a some free environment it will be good
Not satisfied
Senior Busser Engineer (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: it is a job
Cons: totally not satisfied
I am not happy where I work. I am happy that I have a job but I not happy working here. The management is terrible. The co-workers are ok sometimes, but they can be very annoying too. Everyday it is a struggle just getting my mind together knowing that I have to go to work.
Good money
Porter (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: missing out on life
I like meeting different people everyday. It was very easy but hard at the same time because it was easy work wise but because you was always tire from trying to juggle family and work. It's a very serious job but you learned a lot and we ( employees) leaned on each other and pulled together at the end of the day.
Entertainment Industry
Security (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2014
Escorted casino funds throughout the casino floor and cash vault.

I provided public safety for all casino patrons on property.

Trained new officers to enhance their carrier at the casino.
loving job to hating it
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILAugust 3, 2014
Pros: good pay and free meals
Cons: never seeing your famiy because your on a different schedule
A typical day was dealing with doctors , lawyers, business people making money gambling. keep track of how much they have spent and how much they have won and buy them dinner when they're done. Learning how to play craps was hard learning how to deal craps harder, learning all the rules and payoffs even harder. But I learned and got promoted to management. Loved it. Move me to overnights dealing with drug dealers and hookers arguing with you and threatening you because their play did not warrant a free meal only seeing your wife and kids on your day off when you weren't sleeping .Hated it
Need a career change
Security Officer/EMT (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Been there for 15 years, need a career change. no chance for advancement..
Entertainment environment with the opportunity to display customer service.
Floor person Manager (Current Employee), E. St. Louis, ILJuly 4, 2014
Pros: i have a wonderful relationship with my management.
Cons: their is know room for advancing within the company.
My job has a great atmosphere with the pleasure of meeting different people from all over the world.
annual anniversys
security (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch and bonus
Cons: can be payed a lil more money for the job that we do
the casino queen is fun place to work and make a descent living it has its ups and downs for as revenue but we still make the best of it employees gets along well with others just we feel left out sometimes asfar as voicing our opinions on things
Fun work enviroment, however the company lacks proper management and training.
Casino Host (Former Employee), East St. Louis, MissouriSeptember 1, 2013
Pros: fun work enviroment, free meals, close to home.
Cons: no upper management presence, poor training and human resorces department, lack of team feeling.
Overall I enjoyed working for The Casino Queen, my coworkers were great and my direct management was outstanding.
Great Pay & Insurance
Bartender (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILAugust 20, 2013
Pros: income
Cons: hours
Fun and exciting place to work,.Something different every day ! The Casino Queen took care of their employees in every way . Great pay,Insurance and paid vacations! Plus we got great employee meals every day for free.
Casino queen
RV-Clerk/Valet Supervisor, Casino Queen (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILJuly 17, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad turn over rate
this job pays very well. the schedule of work changes frequently and your not able to change your days, its part of the policy.
Productive work place, but unstable job security.
RV Clerk/Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMay 27, 2013
Pros: near home, lunch, variety of work hours
Cons: work full-time hours but classified as part-time, unable to receive the benefits of a full-time employee.
Out of the 7 years of employment by the Casino Queen. I was exposed to many entities of the Casino business. Most of all I was exposed to the RV Park/Hotel. On a daily basis I engaged with many different people. My customer service was great. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting different people from many walks of life. I developed a great rapport with most all of my customers, most of them were returning customers.
Very Stressful!
Worker (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILMay 15, 2013
Good benefits, but not worth the pay! Company is always changing its policies to benefit themselves. They will pay you enough that you won't leave. I DO NOT recommend working there!
Not the place for me.
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee), East St. Louis, IllinoisApril 4, 2013
Very much enjoyed my position until the last couple years. I enjoyed the work, and the technical knowledge that I had gained.
Changes needed
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), East Saint Louis, ILJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: 1 free lunch- free salad and soda all day
Cons: health insurance sucks
The work/life Balance this company is great- You clock in,do your job, and clock out. Work stays at work. The bad aspects of this job are benefits related..for example you have to wait 6 months from hire date to get health insurance. The insurance itself is lacking many necessary parts. For example, no mental health care coverage. Dental is a joke and you end up paying out of pocket rates for most all procedures. Management can be micro managers. IF your not comfy with someone standing 2 feet from you staring at you while you do your job (while you are on camera also) this might not be a job for you.
Productive workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk/Purchasing (Current Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 29, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: slim chances for advancement opportunity
The Casino Queen is a fun and entertaining environment. During a typical work day i am afforeded the oppurtunity to interact with many guest and assist with making their Casino experience more enjoyable. Since my employeement began at the Casino Queen, I have learned my things ranging from being a security Officer and protecting company assets, report generating, to Receiving and inventory. The management team at the Casion Queen is fair but could be more employee friendly, I believe happy employees make happy customers. I really enjoy working along side my co-workers because they are very professional and take the necessary steps to accommodate our guest. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things because it make me a better employee.