Casino Queen Employee Reviews in United States

Great if u don't want a social life
Cage Cashier (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILFebruary 27, 2016
I currently work here and you are required to work Grave yard shift pay is ok starts off at roughly 12.30 a hour. Only part time available. They don't go off your abailability. You work when they tell u or not at all. Managers are cool most of the people that work there are too. You will work every weekend unless you request a day off.
Pros
3 days off
Cons
Work every weekend on grave shift
Productive and fun work place
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILOctober 13, 2015
Typical day work go in with a smile and positive attitude greet and serve customers take drink orders and deal with money. I learned working there is that not all customers are going to be polite and respectful but u cant let that affect your work duties. Management was awesome helped whenever they could. My co-workers was very pleasant to be around. the customers can be the hardest and most enjoyable part about the job its really all about your attitude and how u deal with difficult situations.
A place where guests come to relax and try to win a few dollars
Slot Club Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILSeptember 17, 2015
I check the daily enrollments and run any necessary reports for the day. Assist with slot tournaments and giveaways. My coworkers and I make slot cards for our guests before they go on to the gaming floor. Whether it is making slot cards or answering questions, there is never a dull moment. Sometimes the guests can be a little difficult to handle, but quick smile and an "oh, let me see what I can do to help" can go a long way.
Pros
Inexpensive health insurance and dental insurance
Cons
No disability insurance
securtiy officer (Current Employee) –  estlAugust 19, 2015
worked here for 4 years and all the upper management does is keep taking away thing from the employees. just listen to our everydayers come in and complain and ask, so when are you closing your doors.
Fun work enviroment, room for advancement.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILJuly 31, 2015
It was a fun, fast paced job. The hours weren't the greatest but worth the pay. I learned some of the cash handling operations for the Casino. Management was a little lazy but otherwise nice. Some of the people I worked with were decent people. The hardest part of the job was interacting with drunk patrons. I enjoyed meeting different people from all walks of life.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay, good benefits
Cons
Lazy management, intoxicated customers, some of the employees have bad attitudes.
I enjoyed working with such a great team of dealers.
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 13, 2015
Everyone was always polite and dependable. I learned s much from management. There was always a open door policy. The most enjoyable part of my job was employee day and friends and family day. The whole staff felt more like family.
Stressful, very overwhelming.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  East St.Louis, Ill.April 7, 2015
Enjoyed my work there when I was still under "training", however once I was put on graveyard shift without any additional help it became very overwhelming for me being a new person there taking care of two buildings while still learning my job.
Hopefully Casino Queen will hire more than one Maintenance Technician as no new person should be working two buildings by themselves at any shift.
Pros
Free salad, sodas
Cons
Being too overwhelmed with work to take a proper break.
A very Lucrative and Productive company
Host, Cafe Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILApril 1, 2015
Very productive and friendly work environment. I learned to
to work with and around people as a team. The management became unexperienced over the years due to a big management over turn rate. The hardest part of the job was that employees nor management were properly trained in people skill. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and interacting with customers
and fellow employees.
Pros
Free lunches, paid breaks, healthcare, vacation
Cons
poor communication at times
tough place to work at times
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 9, 2015
Management can be a bit biased. Customers were rude and unfriendly! But for a guaranteed paycheck this is the place! Promotions were few and far in between! No room for advancement!
No longer a great place to work
Server/Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILFebruary 15, 2015
The Casino Queen has change from a great place to work to a routine place of employment. Guests are no longer happy an neither are employees
Not a long term job
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILFebruary 12, 2015
It's good money but watch out you can be out the door or part time at any time on matter how long you've been there or union. The business is very slow for tipped employee's If you want a some free environment it will be good
Pros
$$$ smoke free
Cons
you can be come part time at any moment
Not satisfied
Senior Busser Engineer (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILJanuary 12, 2015
I am not happy where I work. I am happy that I have a job but I not happy working here. The management is terrible. The co-workers are ok sometimes, but they can be very annoying too. Everyday it is a struggle just getting my mind together knowing that I have to go to work.
Pros
it is a job
Cons
totally not satisfied
Good money
Porter (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILOctober 17, 2014
I like meeting different people everyday. It was very easy but hard at the same time because it was easy work wise but because you was always tire from trying to juggle family and work. It's a very serious job but you learned a lot and we ( employees) leaned on each other and pulled together at the end of the day.
Pros
money
Cons
missing out on life
Entertainment Industry
Security (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 18, 2014
Escorted casino funds throughout the casino floor and cash vault.

I provided public safety for all casino patrons on property.

Trained new officers to enhance their carrier at the casino.
loving job to hating it
FLOOR SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILAugust 3, 2014
A typical day was dealing with doctors , lawyers, business people making money gambling. keep track of how much they have spent and how much they have won and buy them dinner when they're done. Learning how to play craps was hard learning how to deal craps harder, learning all the rules and payoffs even harder. But I learned and got promoted to management. Loved it. Move me to overnights dealing with drug dealers and hookers arguing with you and threatening you because their play did not warrant a free meal only seeing your wife and kids on your day off when you weren't sleeping .Hated it
Pros
good pay and free meals
Cons
never seeing your famiy because your on a different schedule
Need a career change
Security Officer/EMT (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILJuly 21, 2014
Been there for 15 years, need a career change. no chance for advancement..
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Entertainment environment with the opportunity to display customer service.
Floor person Manager (Current Employee) –  E. St. Louis, ILJuly 4, 2014
My job has a great atmosphere with the pleasure of meeting different people from all over the world.
Pros
i have a wonderful relationship with my management.
Cons
their is know room for advancing within the company.
annual anniversys
security (Current Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILMay 13, 2014
the casino queen is fun place to work and make a descent living it has its ups and downs for as revenue but we still make the best of it employees gets along well with others just we feel left out sometimes asfar as voicing our opinions on things
Pros
free lunch and bonus
Cons
can be payed a lil more money for the job that we do
Fun work enviroment, however the company lacks proper management and training.
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  East St. Louis, MissouriSeptember 1, 2013
Overall I enjoyed working for The Casino Queen, my coworkers were great and my direct management was outstanding.
Pros
fun work enviroment, free meals, close to home.
Cons
no upper management presence, poor training and human resorces department, lack of team feeling.
Great Pay & Insurance
Bartender (Former Employee) –  East Saint Louis, ILAugust 20, 2013
Fun and exciting place to work,.Something different every day ! The Casino Queen took care of their employees in every way . Great pay,Insurance and paid vacations! Plus we got great employee meals every day for free.
Pros
income
Cons
hours