Castforce, Inc. Employee Reviews

New Portal does not work in every store - Hard to Communicate
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Western SuffolkSeptember 24, 2016
Been to at least 4 stores and was unable to get service to their portal. This company relies on GPS to track you so you can check in and get the work done. However, if it doesn't work you are wasting time because the paperwork they ask you to print before visiting the store is different than what is in the portal. When their company was Castforce it ran more smoothly only difference was we had to upload pictures rather than taking them right from our phone. Another big factor as to why I decided to leave this company is either they don't call you back promptly or you cannot get in touch with anyone because it either goes to voicemail or the mailbox is full. There is no general phone number with CAST either like there was with Castforce (at least it is not listed on their portal). Be cautious about this company.
Pros
Cons
Bad communication (especially when in store), bad work ethic, not very professional
the truth
merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 3, 2015
This company should shut its doors because when you complain. They don't like you for it. There QC department is quite questionable. Stay local! Stay local! (12 hour days) (Not to trust this company) (Certain management is cool, but certain ones suck!) (Hardest part of this job is to make sure everything fits planogram and take picture exactly how they want it because they are nit picky! There was nothing about this job was enjoyable.
Pros
work is there
Cons
pay should be weekly not monthly
Great place to work for.
Contractor (Current Employee) –  AlabamaJune 30, 2014
I've only been working for a few months with Castforce, but so far it has been great. I can pick and choose which jobs I go out on and when I do them. The payout is only once a month, but the amount you can get from doing short and easy jobs is a great way for a full time student like me to make some extra income while going to school. Some jobs do take a while, but most of the time they are worth the extra cash. I'm hoping that the Skyline card given for the payouts won't be an issue in the future, like the reviews for the card say online. So far there have been no issues with it though, and I'm happy to work for Castforce.
Pros
Choose your own hours/jobs
Cons
Have to use Skyline card for payouts
A day at work
Independent Merchandising Contractor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJune 25, 2014
My day for Castforce usually starts at 5am because I have and been allowed to take many projects that have a lot of driving involved. (But with the driving involved) my day goes smooth but of course it does come with a few bumps in the road like all jobs do.

The management when I have called with a problem tries to handle the problem in a timely matter which helps make the day go along smoothly once again.

When the paycheck I see it pays out in the end.

I have meet many people in the course of my career and the ones at Castforce do seem to want to help you along to make your work experience go smooth.
Pros
Seeing different places
Cons
Once a month Paychecks
Great company to work for.
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 23, 2014
I've been working with Castforce for about 4 months now and all I can say is that I LOVE my job. The work and the reporting of projects is fairly easy to complete. My project managers have been awesome to work with. I have worked with other merchandising companies and Castforce is by far the best
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Payout is only once a month
Castforce is best.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 23, 2014
I have been working for over fifty years as a merchandiser. Over those years I have worked for many companies.I have found Castforce ,is the best for in field and on line support.I have found the reporting system is best.They tell You how much you will be paid and when.They haven't missed a check yet.I just follow directions and the jobs are easy.The administrator 's are the best, very helpful.Keep up good work.
Pros
Lots of assignments if You want them.
Cons
Do not have direct deposit, Checks do arrive on time.
Company Rating/Review
independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MO.June 23, 2014
I have worked with Castforce for 4 years and have had no measurable complaints. I say measurable only because there has been some waiting time on the phone while at store level due to high volume calls. This has greatly improved in the last year and their dashboard is very helpful and easy to use. If I need to contact management they are available and do return phone calls and emails. They have always paid on time and accurately. The jobs are flexible and work with my schedule and keep me active in my retirement time and the addition to my income is appreciated. The 'hardest part' of the job is finding time with the very busy store level management. I 'gotta' say it... I love Castforce.
Great Flexible Job For Student
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJune 20, 2014
I am a full-time student and Castforce has given me an opportunity to make a decent wage with the few hours a week I have left to actually commit to work. The job pays by the project as opposed to by the hour but if it was hourly it would probably average out to about 15 an hour. The job itself is pretty easy and mostly involves taking inventory,restocking inventory, and taking pictures. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone that either wants a very part time job or can only work a very part time job. (student or someone who already has a fulltime job). The only downside is it pays once a month on the 3rd friday. However because it pays in this manner the one check is substantial. Not recommended as a full time pay the bills kinda job but definitely the best part time flexible supplemental income job around.
Pros
Flexible schedule, high rate of pay to work done ratio
Cons
only pays out once a month, part-time only except during major holidays
Great Company
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  albuquerque new mexicoJune 20, 2014
I have worked for this company for over two years. The contacts I report to are excellent and friendly. They have always paid on time and if there are ever any issues with reporting, they are communicated quickly and fairly. The specifications are clear. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who is looking for a good merchandising company.
Best Kept Secret in the business!
Independent Merchandising Contractor (Current Employee) –  GA, FLJune 20, 2014
The administrators are awesome to work with. Available at any time. Work doesn't appear to be high paying but the key is multiple jobs in an area. I Consistantly make 2 to 3 hundred every day I work for CASTFORCE. No milage but who needs it with those results A typical day is 27 stores in on city at 10 to 15 dollars a store, you do the math.
Pros
Set your own schedule and do it on your own time!
Cons
The Maximum radius is only 150 miles
Easy, enjoyable company to work for.
Indepentent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2014
I enjoy working for Castforce. I have worked for them for years and this job fits my life style. Management is willing to work with you on both pay and hours. . If you are looking for a full time job doing projects this is not the job for you, BUT if you are looking for some good extra money this is the job for you. I hope to work for them for many more years.
Pros
Flexibility
A great place to work and grow!!!!!!!!
merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NmJune 19, 2014
I have worked for Castforce since 2008 and I have watched them grow to a great company. Like any other company they had their growing problems, but it was corrected. Their staff and Management are one of the best in the nation. If you accept a job and read the instruction and take photos and get the in on time, you have no problem. Now they have contracts Adm person that you can go to for help. They have improved their web site and runs faster, they employ over 6,000 though out the U.S. .People who put negative reports on companies have either been fired, don't understand company polices or just want to cause trouble. I'm still employed with them and will be with them until I;m not able to work.!
Pros
Extra work
Cons
none that i can think of
It's Whatever YOU Make Of It!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Phoenix Metro AreaJune 19, 2014
Solid company that pays "on time"..."Everytime". I have done over 600+ projects over the past 3 years and have never not been paid on time.

I read some of the negative reviews and chuckle. the payout date is stated in each project offer. If it is too far out in the future...don't accept the project.

My experience has been good. My advice is do the job on time and correctly. If you do that you won't have any issues with them.
Pros
Pays on time...everytime! You choose the assignments, they are not forced on you. You make your own schedule within the deadline.
Cons
Work can be inconsistent. Heavy some months, light some months.
This company is okay to work for.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  New hampshireJune 18, 2014
I have worked for Castforce for About one year now.initially there were alot of issues all around to do with management and the work.
we now have Contract Administrators.I have no issues with mine at all.the issues I see have to do with Quality Control and or Compliance.if you take pictures and they are not up to there standards you are expected to go back to a store to redo the work and retake pictures. you are given only 48 hours to do this and expected to have this done by 10:00 AM on a given day which is hard if the store or stores is an hour or so away.and if you don't get this done by that time you are threatened with not getting paid for correcting the problems, them restaffing the project to someone else, you not getting paid for anything, and them not giving you anymore work.the people in these 2 departments come off as being very rude and insensitive.I feel the time period for the projects is short instead of one week it should be 2 weeks long. and yes getting paid once a month to me is not right. all companies in this type of work pay every week or every other week.and I also think they should pay more on these projects as well, very hard when you have to pay for gas, repairs, car payments and car insurance.I would really like to see these problems changed and or modified. but I do like working for this company and only for the fact that I have an excellent Contract Administrator who is the only person that I have any contact with.he has been very helpful and understanding.
I like that you can choose projects
contractor (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ILJune 18, 2014
Have been working for them 3 years. Projects vary, some pay fairly others do not equal pay. Payment can take up to 6 weeks, would be nice to have a 4 week window. Have always been paid on time, they are always helpful with questions.
A great place to work!!
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  BostonJune 17, 2014
I have worked as an independent contractor for CAST/Castforce for 8 years. The staff has always been easy to deal with and gives straight answers. I have found some of the most compassionate, caring people working for them. I have also never found a job that was under estimated re: time allocation.

The assignments are laid out and anyone who can follow instructions should have no problem completing the assignments.

As far as payment is concerned .... I have always been paid for every job I ever took on for this company .... and, the time period for payment has always been completely spelled out in clear English.

This is a good company to work for and as long as you do what is asked of you, there are no problems. I would recommend them to anyone who asks me.
Pros
Your on your own ... no one bothers you ... you are your own boss.
Cons
As an independent contractor, no benefits!
Projects well explained and paperwork easy to understand
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  KentuckyJune 17, 2014
I've worked for Castforce now for just about a year and have been mostly happy with them. Initially there were lots of phone problems (you'd wait on hold forever and then get cut off when you were next in line to talk to someone) but they got that fixed, and now all seems to be working well. I've been a merchandiser/auditor for 5+ years and have worked for many different companies. Castforce doesn't have a lot of work in my area but whenever they do I'm quick to sign up for it. I've never had any problems getting paid for my work and payroll is processed monthly on a Visa paycard which is fine with me. I've done projects in CVS, Walmart, Office Depot, gas stations, Target and many more. You can choose what jobs you want and not accept those that you don't. I only wish they had more work in my area but I'm in a smaller town in Kentucky and there's not much here.
Pros
Pick the projects you want to work on
Cons
None I can think of
Fun place to work for~!
Independent contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, NJJune 17, 2014
I have 18 plus years experience as a retail merchandiser and loved my job. When the company I worked for closed its doors, I found this job with CASTFORCE last October and have been working as a independent contractor ever since.
Pay is always on time, like clockwork. Work is very steady, and up till now, pay has been very fair. I LOVE working for Castforce. I have a very helpful and considerate admin. person , Nina.
. She helps me get the best work/pay possible, so it makes the travel, worth my while. Honestly, this place has everything you need to be a successful IC.
Pros
Independent contracting speaks for itself
Cons
Pay needs to be twice a month, instead of once a month.
Great place for independent contractors
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Central MaineJune 17, 2014
I enjoy working for Castforce and I have a well informed, helpful Contract Administrator. I receive an email as soon as a job gets posted or sometimes a call from my administrator. I can take as much or as little work as I want. All specifications and paperwork are on the site and easily accessible, questions are encouraged and answered in a timely manner. Overall I am pleased with the company and the employees I have worked with.
Pros
Having the freedom to select dates for jobs, quick responses, good lead time.
Cons
None at this point.
Awesome Company
Freelance Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Oahu, HawaiiJune 17, 2014
Castforce, like almost every other freelance merchandising company, can be difficult to work for initially, as you learn the ropes and ins-and-outs. And their pay is on the low side, initially.

But, they are a really great company to work for, for a few reasons:
1) They recently changed their setup to where they now have personal coordinators over regions. It used to feel impersonal and confusing to work with them, but the regional coordinators are really great! They are flexible, friendly, and very positive. I work on the island of Oahu and travel huge number of miles everyday to get my jobs done, and like other freelancers, this is not my only job (I would not be able to pay my bills otherwise!) My regional coordinator has always been very helpful and understanding with me.
2) They are extremely quick and reliable with the pay. Despite some of the other comments here, I have always been impressed with the speed. Admittedly, getting setup was a bit painful, but once you get the Skylight card they use to pay, it's super easy. I use the card as my primary source of payment at the store. (Just make sure you select credit, not debit, to avoid the $0.25 debit fee each time you use it). The card always seems to be loaded with cash as I work regularly.
3) They are always reasonable about upping the pay for contracted work, if you just ask. The default rates are definitely lowballed, at around $11 for an hour or hour and half for a job, not including the 40 or 50 miles I often have to travel, and the headaches the local store managers often create. But my coordinator
  more... has always been fair about adding bonuses to compensate.

In short, this is one of my bread-and-butter sources of income. I have been struggling with being ill recently, but Castforce has stuck by my side.

Like all other freelance merchandise jobs and Mystery Shopping, It is a lot of work, and I always recommend that single people (or if you are lucky enough to have all the jobs close to you in a metropolitan area etc), are best for this type of work, as it is time consuming and hard to juggle with other things. But if you are a free-spirit, single, and love the freedom of freelance work, this is a great company to work for.

Highly recommended.
Pros
Excellent coordinators, flexible, fast payment
Cons
Initial low pay set jobs (just have to ask for raise when fair)