PHR required, SPHR preferred
Under the general, technical, and administrative supervision of the Director of Finance, and in accordance with established policies and procedures, the Director of Human Resources responsibilities include, but are not limited to supporting the short term and long term school strategy by supporting, developing, and protecting the school’s most valuable resource- people. Human resources provides a high-quality professional service in the areas of employee relations, benefits, compensation, training and development, safety, and strategy.
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employment relationship and promote a high level of employee morale
- Provide counsel to employees, managers, and administrative team on employment laws and internal procedures
- Develop and coordinate recruitment and retention activities
- Investigate and follow through on formal complaints
- In depth knowledge of employment laws and regulations
- Hands-on ability to administer HIPAA requirements, COBRA, Medicare reporting, Flexible Spending, 401(k) and other benefits programs as necessary and in compliance with applicable laws
- Oversee human resources generalist who handles day-to-day issues surrounding new hire, termination, and benefits paperwork
- Monitor unemployment claims and appeal when necessary
- Manage worker’s compensation claims to minimize losses
- Identify and recommend human resources strategies to administrative team
- Develop and manage employee buddy and mentor program
- Recommend updates to the employee handbook yearly
- Oversee job descriptions, performance evaluations, and compensation programs
- Determine and recommend benefits broker and carriers (medical, dental, life, 401(k), etc)
- Ability to coordinate and execute new procedures
- Determine training and development needs and identify and develop programs to meet those needs
- Counsel employees regarding disciplinary problems and provide mediation when necessary.
- Manage employee separation process for both voluntary/involuntary terminations.
- Oversee recruitment lifecycle and actions of human resources generalist
- Complete annual compensation and benefit surveys and analysis
- Assist in development and maintenance of Faculty Salary/Compensation Scale.
- Provide training for department heads and team leaders on various HR topics including interviewing skills, performance reviews and employee coaching.
- Conduct Sexual Harassment Prevention training for all employees.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation program (vendor selection, medical provider selection, and case management)
- Successfully manage and coordinate benefit programs (Health, Dental, Section 125, 403(b) Retirement Plan, AFLAC, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D and COBRA) for employees, including all employee communication, problem solving and claims resolution. Day-to-day issues will be handled by human resources generalist.
- Ensure all plans comply with applicable laws and statutes (HIPPA, ERISA and IRS guidelines).
- Research and implement new supplemental benefit programs as needed
- Assist in development of insurance budget and negotiate contracts on an annual basis with Director of Finance.
- Prepare/edit Summary Plan Descriptions as needed for plan changes and legal compliance.
- Oversee Section 125 Plan.
- Manage annual open enrollment for Health, Dental and Section 125 Plans.
- BS Degree in HR or related field
- 5+ years of management experience as an HR generalist in a school or small/ medium business environment
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) required / Senior
- Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) preferred. California designation preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office, database management programs, Recruiting systems, Gmail and GoogleDocs required
- Consultative skills and experience with organizational change management desired
Please use HRDIR as the subject of the email. Please do not send your materials to an individual at Castilleja as we cannot guarantee proper distribution.
Indeed - 8 months ago