Castle Dental Employee Reviews

Very productive high quality
Traveling Orthodontics Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 13, 2016
* high quality services at affordable prices for our patients.
*great availability with hundreds of clinics
*very flexible in sceduling and finacing options for our patients.
was a very busy office but like famly and fun to work at
Front Office/Patient Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 5, 2016
My day started off every morning at 6:30 am. and I would work till 4 or sometimes 5pm. I learned so much more about operating an office and what comes with management, I held the office together for 4 months while we had no OM and I was the only one that was up front so I leaned that I was able to work in a very fast paced situation and was very proud of my accomplishment. The most enjoyable part of my job were my patients, The hardest part is saying goodbye
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no place for raises
Busy
Head Assistant / Back Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 20, 2015
I enjoyed working at this company it is a large group practice and there where at lot of opportunity to learn and grow I was able to receive alot of training
Pros
MEET SOME GRAET PEOPLE
Cons
OFFICE WAS SOLD TO CASTLE
Hmmmm....... :/
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 14, 2015
Its hard to say about here cause its a good company but things are changing all the time and doctors come and go. they pay okay and always have ways to excel. The management is also always changing....so if you want something different and changes about every two weeks this is for you.
good place to do extern
Front Office Externship (Former Employee) –  houston txJuly 28, 2015
i was just here to do my internship for graduation, i caught on very fast and they were helpful when it came to me asking questions.
Castle Dental
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 22, 2015
Typical day at work was greeting the patients, answering the phones, scheduling appointments, checking out, verifying insurance. I learned how to go over treatment plans and discuss the needs of the treatment with the patients. As for management and co-workers it was a learning experience. The hardest part of the job was the high turn around of the doctors and staff. Most enjoyable part was the patients.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Healthcare
Productive and growing dental office for the future.
Dental Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2015
I like Castle Dental a lot. Everyone was helpful and didn't mind teaching me more things within the dental office. I learned how to take oral x rays at the Castle. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting the procedure done, accurate, and on time, and most of all the patient was happy with the work done.
Pros
Breakfast for every one or donuts.
Typical Large Corporate Structure That Patients Grumble About Because of Coupon Offers Which Are Tricky
Dentist (Former Employee) –  Austin TexasMay 20, 2015
Heavy discount coupon marketer that brings in lots of new patients with toothaches who often cannot afford the fees to save the tooth. It is a good place to earn a decent income if you are fast and competent in endo and extractions.
Pros
Plenty of toothaches calling.
Cons
The central call answering station does not distribute new patients equally to all offices.
Productive, fun working atmosphere. Lots of team work!
Orthodontic Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
I currently work with an awesome orthodontic team at 5 different offices through out the Austin area. A typical day at work consists of confirming appointments for the following day and pulling charts for the following week first thing in the morning. There have been several times when the assistants in the back are running a little behind or short-handed and they need an extra set of hands which is where my ortho assistant experience comes in handy! Being at my current employer has taught me how to work in a busy environment! I have managed to multi-task and learn very quickly to where my manager has left me alone to run my team. It has definitely given me a significant amount of confidence. My co-workers are awesome! We all get along with everyone we work with.I love how well we work as a team. I am a huge fan of team work especially in a very fast paced environment. The hardest part would be the traveling through out the city. I enjoy it but, at this time, I'd like to stay at just one office which is why I am here! The most enjoyable part of my job is all the relationships I have made over time with all my patients. Being a part of their journey to a beautiful healthy smile is such a rewarding experience. I myself was an orthodontic patient so I can totally relate to all of them!
Pros
awesome team work, learned front desk quickly
Cons
traveling
Ok place to work but travel was too much
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 19, 2014
It was an ok place to work, no issues except it was a lot of traveling.
Pros
liked the doctors i worked with
Cons
didn't enjoy the travel/commute
Nice job great work experience
Treatment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJuly 22, 2014
very good paying paid time off sometimes stressful depending on which office you work at great learning experience
Productive and great team
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxJuly 14, 2014
I really learned patience as every person you come across isn't the same.
Pros
pay
Cons
time management
Fun place to work
Record Clerk/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 1, 2013
Meeting and greeting the patients. Working with different doctors.
Pros
i liked the front desk. meeting new people
Cons
needed more $
Productive and Fun Environment to wok
Orthodontic Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2013
Great job opportunity to learn new things coming from general dental assisting. Meet all kinds of new people day in and day out. Loved traveling to the locations we had before, Katy, Richmond, Uvalde, Bunkerhill, Pearland, Pearland Parkway, etc. Loved the Dr's whom I've had the pleasure of working with as well as the teammates I have encountered since day one at this company.
Pros
1hr lunch, fast paced, and flexible hrs
Cons
traveling wears you down at times
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2013
Assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
Take, develop and mount dental radiographs (x-rays).
Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment.
Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures.
Educate patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health.
Perform various office tasks as necessary
benefits
Interesting work place
Chair-side Assistant / Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 20, 2013
My typical day eas that it felt like we were getting patients in and out and not enough being personable and caring of our patients. Almost like moving cattle. I on the other hand took the time to appreciated my patients and telling them thank you. I have learned to have more patience. Management was ok but could of been a lot better. Needed more leadership and appreciation for employees. The co-workers that I had worked good with each other. We didn't get a chance to know one another. Hardest part of my job was making everyone smile before they left. The most enjoyable part of my job was that the people that did walk out with a smile I felt so good.
Pros
having a great co-workers.
Cons
traveling to 8 different offices.
Castle Dental is a fun place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, LAMay 10, 2013
A typical day at work is answering phones. I manage a team of 10 employees on a full time basis, and also have three specialty teams that come to my office. It is a very fast paced office. I have learned how to listen to my employees concerns, do evaluations, and to do payroll. The hardest part of the job is making things run smoothly on a daily basis, because situations come up, and we have to regroup, and then proceed. The most enjoyable part of my job is to bring self confidence to patients with new smiles.
Pros
i have the ability to work threw lunch and go home early.
Cons
i have to constantly report to cooperate when numbers are not good.
fun place to be around when you need dental work!
orthodontic sassistant (Former Employee) –  Spring Hill, FLJanuary 3, 2013
Excellent company to work for docters are great and staff are friendly
I liked working for this company it was a good learning experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2012
Assisted doctor with dental porcedures ,cleaned and sterilized rooms,sterilized instruments,took x-rays helped the hygienist. i learned a lot working from this company this was my first fast pace office i worked for. I learned how to take full mouth x-rays,how to pass instruments and do four handed dentistry ,make temporary crowns,place and remove ortho bands and do it fast all while making the patient feel comfortable.I also learned working as a team if one was down the other one pick up were she left off.There were two doctors that worked there and each one had three assistants and some times that felt like it was not enough. I got along with management all though there was so much going on that you could not really talk to them about things and the co-workers were nice but there were so many of them that come and went you could not get to know any of them. The hardest part of the job was not getting to know the patients, the most enjoyable was getting to learn a lot of new things.
Pros
having the patient flow to learn a lot of dental porcedures
Cons
not having the time to know the patients
good benefits, compensation not so good, poor management
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2012
very poor management local and regional
big time nepotism from regional management,
nice dentists
nice coworkers
can not speak Spanish in the premises not even during lunch
most enjoyale the patients and dentists as well as dental assisstants.
managers are not trained as managers, they are people that were front desk and have applied for management positions, they are not trained.
Pros
benefits; paid time off, paid holidays, health ins.
Cons
no salary reviws, higher salary rise was .25 cents, never praise for a good job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Castle Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7