Castle Dental

Castle Dental Employee Reviews

Typical Large Corporate Structure That Patients Grumble About Because of Coupon Offers Which Are Tricky
Dentist (Former Employee), Austin TexasMay 20, 2015
Pros: Plenty of toothaches calling.
Cons: The central call answering station does not distribute new patients equally to all offices.
Heavy discount coupon marketer that brings in lots of new patients with toothaches who often cannot afford the fees to save the tooth. It is a good place to earn a decent income if you are fast and competent in endo and extractions.
Productive, fun working atmosphere. Lots of team work!
Orthodontic Assistant/ Receptionist (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: awesome team work, learned front desk quickly
Cons: traveling
I currently work with an awesome orthodontic team at 5 different offices through out the Austin area. A typical day at work consists of confirming appointments for the following day and pulling charts for the following week first thing in the morning. There have been several times when the assistants in the back are running a little behind or short-handed and they need an extra set of hands which is where my ortho assistant experience comes in handy! Being at my current employer has taught me how to work in a busy environment! I have managed to multi-task and learn very quickly to where my manager has left me alone to run my team. It has definitely given me a significant amount of confidence. My co-workers are awesome! We all get along with everyone we work with.I love how well we work as a team. I am a huge fan of team work especially in a very fast paced environment. The hardest part would be the traveling through out the city. I enjoy it but, at this time, I'd like to stay at just one office which is why I am here! The most enjoyable part of my job is all the relationships I have made over time with all my patients. Being a part of their journey to a beautiful healthy smile is such a rewarding experience. I myself was an orthodontic patient so I can totally relate to all of them!
Real NICE
Dental Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2015
Wrap Custom Paks with btc (back table cover)
Count out items for certain sub- assembly’s or main line
Set up main line with all items to go in Custom Paks
Build sub- assembly’s to wrap in orders with special wraps (VI 2831, WY3030, special, etc.)
Scan paks then put them on a rack to be pouched
Scale sub-assembly’s to make sure they all weigh the same and have everything in them
100%-checking paks to make sure all items are there and in the correct order or way
Shipping/Receiving/Data Entry: To receive fed ex, ups, Morgans packages and goods into computer. Make sure all packages has been deliver mark down work by self without supervision, and send old packages back to vendors.
Ok place to work but travel was too much
Orthodontic Assistant (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNOctober 19, 2014
Pros: liked the doctors i worked with
Cons: didn't enjoy the travel/commute
It was an ok place to work, no issues except it was a lot of traveling.
Nice job great work experience
Treatment Counselor (Former Employee), Missouri City, TXJuly 22, 2014
very good paying paid time off sometimes stressful depending on which office you work at great learning experience
Productive and great team
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TxJuly 14, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: time management
I really learned patience as every person you come across isn't the same.
Fun place to work
Record Clerk/Front Desk (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2013
Pros: i liked the front desk. meeting new people
Cons: needed more $
Meeting and greeting the patients. Working with different doctors.
Productive and Fun Environment to wok
Orthodontic Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 11, 2013
Pros: 1hr lunch, fast paced, and flexible hrs
Cons: traveling wears you down at times
Great job opportunity to learn new things coming from general dental assisting. Meet all kinds of new people day in and day out. Loved traveling to the locations we had before, Katy, Richmond, Uvalde, Bunkerhill, Pearland, Pearland Parkway, etc. Loved the Dr's whom I've had the pleasure of working with as well as the teammates I have encountered since day one at this company.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 22, 2013
Cons: benefits
Assist the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
Set up and breakdown operatory post treatment.
Take, develop and mount dental radiographs (x-rays).
Manage infection control - prepare and sterilize instruments and equipment.
Provide patients with instructions for oral care following all dental treatment procedures.
Educate patients on appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health.
Perform various office tasks as necessary
Interesting work place
Chair-side Assistant / Treatment Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 20, 2013
Pros: having a great co-workers.
Cons: traveling to 8 different offices.
My typical day eas that it felt like we were getting patients in and out and not enough being personable and caring of our patients. Almost like moving cattle. I on the other hand took the time to appreciated my patients and telling them thank you. I have learned to have more patience. Management was ok but could of been a lot better. Needed more leadership and appreciation for employees. The co-workers that I had worked good with each other. We didn't get a chance to know one another. Hardest part of my job was making everyone smile before they left. The most enjoyable part of my job was that the people that did walk out with a smile I felt so good.
Castle Dental is a fun place to work.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Bastrop, LAMay 10, 2013
Pros: i have the ability to work threw lunch and go home early.
Cons: i have to constantly report to cooperate when numbers are not good.
A typical day at work is answering phones. I manage a team of 10 employees on a full time basis, and also have three specialty teams that come to my office. It is a very fast paced office. I have learned how to listen to my employees concerns, do evaluations, and to do payroll. The hardest part of the job is making things run smoothly on a daily basis, because situations come up, and we have to regroup, and then proceed. The most enjoyable part of my job is to bring self confidence to patients with new smiles.
fun place to be around when you need dental work!
orthodontic sassistant (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLJanuary 3, 2013
Excellent company to work for docters are great and staff are friendly
I liked working for this company it was a good learning experience
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2012
Pros: having the patient flow to learn a lot of dental porcedures
Cons: not having the time to know the patients
Assisted doctor with dental porcedures ,cleaned and sterilized rooms,sterilized instruments,took x-rays helped the hygienist. i learned a lot working from this company this was my first fast pace office i worked for. I learned how to take full mouth x-rays,how to pass instruments and do four handed dentistry ,make temporary crowns,place and remove ortho bands and do it fast all while making the patient feel comfortable.I also learned working as a team if one was down the other one pick up were she left off.There were two doctors that worked there and each one had three assistants and some times that felt like it was not enough. I got along with management all though there was so much going on that you could not really talk to them about things and the co-workers were nice but there were so many of them that come and went you could not get to know any of them. The hardest part of the job was not getting to know the patients, the most enjoyable was getting to learn a lot of new things.
good benefits, compensation not so good, poor management
Registered Dental Hygienist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 22, 2012
Pros: benefits; paid time off, paid holidays, health ins.
Cons: no salary reviws, higher salary rise was .25 cents, never praise for a good job done.
very poor management local and regional
big time nepotism from regional management,
nice dentists
nice coworkers
can not speak Spanish in the premises not even during lunch
most enjoyale the patients and dentists as well as dental assisstants.
managers are not trained as managers, they are people that were front desk and have applied for management positions, they are not trained.
good starting place for dental employees
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), League City, TXMay 15, 2012
A typical day at work consist of seeing patients, treatment planning, and working side by side with team playing colleages.
Fast pace working place, not spent enough time with patients.
Chair Side dental Assistant (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMay 11, 2012
Management, was nice most of the co workers were nice. Most of the time I felt stresst, Wasn,t my favorite work place.

About Castle Dental

Castle Dental is part of the Smile Brands Group Inc., the largest provider of support services to general and multi-specialty – Read more