Castle Medical Center

Castle Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Medical Director
Executive Director, Hospitalist Program (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIMarch 2, 2016
I was Medical Director of Islands Hospice which is a 400 patient home hospice program. My duties included management of all patients and conducting weekly interdisciplinary meetings to review all clinical care.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Salary
Family work environment
Admitter (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIJanuary 21, 2016
When you work at Castle you instantly have a large family. Coworkers are there to support you and give you help when needed, and I for them. Duties include, but not limited to, patient check in/register, copay/billing, insurance verification, input/update data/information to patient records and customer service. Management was always there to help out and answer questions. Wonderful place to work.
Behavioral Health
Behavioral Health Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIFebruary 22, 2016
Very different unit compared to a regular medical floor. Learned a lot from staff to patients. Very busy unit-phone calls, admissions, discharges, doctors orders.
Social Services Coordinator - Human Services
Social Services Coordinator - Human Services (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIOctober 20, 2015
I was the chief of social work at Castle for 25 years. Was on hiring committee for Human Services, trained, supervised, and did yearly evaluations for social workers and case managers, performed discharge planning, individual, family, and group therapy, customer relations, public relations.
Pros
Excellent hospital - part of Adventist Health Care - national chain.
My time as an RN
travel RN, staff RN in the ICU (Former Employee) –  kailua hawaiiApril 5, 2015
I worked many years at Castle medical Center, and enjoyed my life as their employee. Recently my need to move closer to my son in California has forced me to reassess my work environment. At this time in my life, I wish to try something different then nursing.

I learned to work as a team player at my job, in Hawaii, although I did bring it from Rhode Island, and my former jobs, we worked as a team. I enjoyed my job the most when I made a difference in my patients condition, my assessment and expertise with identifying symptoms that may impact the condition. The most difficult part of the job, is not seeing my patient improve, all other issues, including higher up management, never truly affected my job performance or the treatment of my patient.
Pros
Giving intensive care and making a difference with my patient.
Cons
I honestly can't think of any really cons.
Best place to work!!!
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIAugust 25, 2015
Castle Medical Center is an incredible place to work. If I had not have needed to move back to the mainland I would still be there. The atmosphere is very inviting, everyone is incredibly welcoming, friendly and willing to help you fit right in.
Pros
Atmosphere, vision and mission
Cons
I couldn't have stayed there.
The chasm between management and staff if as wide as the Grand Canyon!
No longer employed (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIApril 28, 2014
For all the "perfect front" Castle Medical Center puts out there there is nothing that resembles that in actuality. Management has no idea what staff is actually doing nor, if per chance they do know a bit, do they take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing, or, in other words, management does not want to know. CMC is so tight, in the name of fiscal responsibility, they are dangerous to the patients that are unaware. They play favorites and it is NOT an equal opportunity place of employment. Don't work there!
Pros
much of the staff themselves are excellent.
Cons
everything else about cmc
Super great place to work, everyone is always happy and smiling. Extremely clean. Mahalo to our housekeeping staff.
Mammographer, Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJanuary 11, 2015
A typical day at work is always being greeted by your co-workers with a smile, I have learned the meaning of Aloha here. This place is true family no matter what happens personally or professionally we deal with it together. Family is always first, this is the most loving understanding organization and it has been a true blessing to work here. I can't say one negative thing about Castle. Truly wish I didn't have to leave.
Pros
aloha
I love helping others & being productive
home care (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HawaiiOctober 19, 2012
Fun place to work because I love what I do. Management & leadership is terrible. If you are not white & not Adventist you are pretty much out. I've been in home care for many years. They work you like a dog, very little support from the managers, very little training for new staff & a lot of favoritism. The computer system sucks! And you will not get support from the director or the managers. The office staff is incompetence & wants to do as little as possible. Lots of gossips & drama in the office. If you have other offers do not consider this place.
Pros
free parking, close to home
Cons
too many
Home Care -ridiculous place to work
Home Care Nurse (Former Employee) –  KaneoheMarch 28, 2015
If you have choice, don't work there. Some staff are very nice but intake nurse has Bipolar! She talks to herself and screams at you for no reason! Directors of that department does not last long, overpowered by the old timers! No respect for each other and gossips.
Pros
Provide parking for employees.
Cons
Old timers wants to prove that they have more power than new comers.
Engaged workforce and true to mission
Diagnostic Service Line Director (Current Employee) –  Kailua, HIJuly 9, 2014
Castle Medical Center is dedicated to providing the highest quality patient care through an engaged workforce and remaining true to their mission. We value compassion, integrity, quality, stewardship and family. Our hospital supports heath education, spiritual growth, community growth and family unit preservation.
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
little room for career advancement beyond director level.
Started out good.....ended very bad
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kailua, HIAugust 16, 2014
I had a great time working at Castle, till the management shift and then, I was ousted in a way that no person should ever be treated. Accusations were made and no proof was provided. No real answers on why I was let go and being there for so long, I felt I had deserved at least that much. Management was done in a threatening manner and poorly.
Not a good place to work.
Pros
vegan
Cons
non vegan; no real voice there;
My co workers made the job fun
Patient Service Repersentive (Former Employee) –  Kailua HIApril 18, 2012
A typical day would be having breakfest with my co workers and then getting the mail from the ER. I would then get to my desk check my messages from patients who might have billing questions. After I dispersed the mail to my co workers I would enter any data into the computer from doctors or insurance companies. My day was fun and a very good learning experience. The hardest part was the patients yelling but the most rewarding part was helping with any questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Castle Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Castle Medical Center Reviews by Location