The Collateral Management Analyst will be responsible for managing all collateral processes throughout the lifecycle of asset management business processes involving holding, assigning, and transfer methods for mortgage loans at Castle Peak Capital Advisors. He/she will provide oversight of the collateral workflow, file movement and reporting as it pertains to the end-to-end business of due diligence, acquisitions, servicer transfer, portfolio management, and asset resolutions.
- Be the primary liaison with servicers, 3rd party vendors, sellers, buyers, and Castle Peak’s custodian to respond to questions, identifying exceptions, and resolving issues – as it relates specifically to collateral requirements, status, timely resolution of exceptions management (reporting and resolution).
- Pursue and resolve Title-related issues through curative actions, including filing title claims with insurers. Have the ability to review loan documents, as needed, identify exceptions, level of severity, and curative actions needed – as related to all mortgage collateral, such as, Note, Security Instrument, Title, Endorsements, and Assignments.
- Monitor proper recording of mortgage collateral documents from outside attorneys.
- Conduct regular audits and quality control reviews with service providers and vendors to ensure adequate procedures are in place for off-site document retention and adequate processes/systems for accurate and timely file review, exceptions reporting, tracking.
- Oversee, monitor, and report on the progress made and resolution timelines on all exceptions for Collateral and Credit documents and loan files. Monitor exceptions identification and resolution – ensure timely monitoring, execution, and expirations of seller representation/bid-stips.
- Manage requirements for ensuring correct documents (such as, Note, Security Instrument, Title, Endorsements, Assignments, Bailee Letter, HUD-I, RoR, etc.) are in place for all upcoming buy/sell transactions; ensure appropriate assignment chains are complete for loans events such as, Acquisitions, Foreclosure proceedings, Short sale, REO, Whole Loan Sales, and Securitizations.
- Monitor the tracking of collateral files movement – authenticity and location. Monitor file movements – in/out to Servicers, FC attorneys etc. Ensure collateral images and copies are in the appropriate systems.
- Ensure that the data from Castle Peak’s service providers are accurate and timely. Partner with CPCA data management personnel to ensure that the data loaded and maintained in the CPCA system is accurate and up-to-date.
- Produce and present the collateral status – for both, due diligence of pools as well as inventory management – at the time of acquisition/sales and monthly Portfolio Performance Reviews.
- Have 7-10 years of mortgage loan documentation experience with proven ability to resolve collateral related questions by analyzing issues and suggesting solutions
- Excellent working knowledge of mortgage loan collateral documents
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Strong ability to interact effectively with outside vendors and to work as a team with internal personnel
- High attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Strong organizational and time management skills; Adaptable to change
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and juggle multiple tasks and priorities
- Strong client service skills and ability to work as a team with department personnel.
Indeed - 23 months ago