Castleton State College Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
I was co leader for the sustainability club
Club officer (Former Employee) –  Castleton, VTDecember 9, 2015
Planning activities and public events was the main purpose of this group. We hosted parties and school wide fundraisers during holidays to help benefit the environment.
Great Internship
Energy Conservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Castleton, VTMay 21, 2015
Very fun internship where you learn how to implement and use data analysis. Also work along side some of the deans of the school and are involved in the process of getting the school to be more "green".
Pros
Good stating internship
Cons
lots of freedom
Great learning experience both inside and outside the classroom
Community Advisor (Former Employee) –  Castleton, VTJanuary 30, 2015
Working as a Community Advisor was a good experience for me. I was a full-time student and also got to work for the college that I was getting a degree from. The best part of my job was being a part of a support system for my fellow peers. I felt like my job was important every time I had a resident come to me and ask me for help in any aspect of their day. Aside from the work and the learning experiences we were also paid about 100.00 dollars every other week, and our room fees for the year were paid for by the college. However at the end of the day no money can compare to the experiences I had with my fellow co-workers or my fellow peers. This job was the one job that didn't feel like a job to me.
A good school with opportunities if you look hard enough
Sports Statistics Consultant (Former Employee) –  Castleton, VTOctober 10, 2014
This small state school in Vermont isn't host to a plethora of opportunities, but it is filled with people who are open to the idea of change. I made myself useful on a number of counts.
very active place to work in
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Castleton , VTMay 28, 2014
set food out, cleaned tables, refilled napkin holders, stocked items

Learned customer service.

Easy to get along co-workers.

On your feet most of the day.

Never a dull moment.

getting to know co-workers and customers
Pros
one free meal a day
Cons
on your feet most of the day
Great
Learning Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Castleton, VTJuly 10, 2013
I love working in the Academic Support Center. Everybody is very caring an understanding.
New and innovative program
Energy Conservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Castleton, VTJuly 10, 2013
A typical day at work included working with people from multiple departments and learning from them. I would get feedback from students to understand why they didn't try to reduce their energy consumption and how I could help. I would also program using different code to allow it to be read cross platform.
I learned how to code in different languages and how to take feedback from potential users on what they would like.
My manager gave me guidance in what he would like to see me do. The job itself was mainly in my hands and how I wanted to create it.
My co-workers were very knowledgeable and always willing to help. They would give me feedback and information on who to contact whenever i needed help.
The hardest part about my job was that I was learning everything by myself. I wasn't working directly with anyone so if I had trouble, I was on my own.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that it was very challenging. I was in charge of what the program was going to look like and how it was going to function.
Wonderful, respectful workplace
Marketing/Communication Dept and part-time faculty (Current Employee) –  Marketing/CommunicationApril 25, 2013
Castleton is a great place to work. It is very much a family environment - everyone is very respectful and feels like family. I have always felt supported and encouraged to continue to learn. There are several professional development and advancement opportunities. Great environment, beautiful campus, wonderful people to work with. I plan on working here for 40 years!!
Pros
supportive enirvonment, respects family obligations
Exceptional help in giving me work experience while in school.
Sports Information Intern (Former Employee) –  Castleton, VTMarch 7, 2013
I worked in their sports information department as a student intern and all of my supervisors were very supportive in my growth of the work. I was able to work with athletics, which has been my passion and to find some kind of path to follow was given to me at this institution.
Intern under Athletic Director
Intern underneath Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Castleton VTJanuary 15, 2013
A great opportunity to work with the Athletic Director and Athletic Deparment at a Division 3 college. I was able to grasp a great understanding of everthing that goes on within an Athletic Department.
Director mainstage production and adjunt professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Castleton, VTJanuary 11, 2013
I was honored to teach and direct at Castleton State College. Castleton is where I gained valuable experience in my field as a student, and I had the privaledge to return after grad school as a working professional and put into practice what I learned as a theatre professional.