Castleton State College

Castleton State College Employer Reviews

Great
Learning Center Assistant (Current Employee), Castleton, VTJuly 10, 2013
I love working in the Academic Support Center. Everybody is very caring an understanding.
New and innovative program
Energy Conservation Manager (Former Employee), Castleton, VTJuly 10, 2013
A typical day at work included working with people from multiple departments and learning from them. I would get feedback from students to understand why they didn't try to reduce their energy consumption and how I could help. I would also program using different code to allow it to be read cross platform.
I learned how to code in different languages – more... and how to take feedback from potential users on what they would like.
My manager gave me guidance in what he would like to see me do. The job itself was mainly in my hands and how I wanted to create it.
My co-workers were very knowledgeable and always willing to help. They would give me feedback and information on who to contact whenever i needed help.
The hardest part about my job was that I was learning everything by myself. I wasn't working directly with anyone so if I had trouble, I was on my own.
The most enjoyable part of my job was that it was very challenging. I was in charge of what the program was going to look like and how it was going to function. – less
Wonderful, respectful workplace
Marketing/Communication Dept and part-time faculty (Current Employee), Marketing/CommunicationApril 25, 2013
Pros: supportive enirvonment, respects family obligations
Castleton is a great place to work. It is very much a family environment - everyone is very respectful and feels like family. I have always felt supported and encouraged to continue to learn. There are several professional development and advancement opportunities. Great environment, beautiful campus, wonderful people to work with. I plan on working – more... here for 40 years!! – less
Exceptional help in giving me work experience while in school.
Sports Information Intern (Former Employee), Castleton, VTMarch 7, 2013
I worked in their sports information department as a student intern and all of my supervisors were very supportive in my growth of the work. I was able to work with athletics, which has been my passion and to find some kind of path to follow was given to me at this institution.
Intern under Athletic Director
Intern underneath Athletic Director (Former Employee), Castleton VTJanuary 15, 2013
A great opportunity to work with the Athletic Director and Athletic Deparment at a Division 3 college. I was able to grasp a great understanding of everthing that goes on within an Athletic Department.
Director mainstage production and adjunt professor
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Castleton, VTJanuary 11, 2013
I was honored to teach and direct at Castleton State College. Castleton is where I gained valuable experience in my field as a student, and I had the privaledge to return after grad school as a working professional and put into practice what I learned as a theatre professional.