Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
First Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 8, 2017
Its part time work. You sell clothes, pack out, set displays, run the register. The customers are usually good and easy to work with. There is some sales training.
Great business to learn fashion
Regional Director of Store Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 19, 2017
EFG gave me the opportunity to exhibit my people skills in a leadership light that has led to many other leadership roles within my 22 field leadership career.
Now known as DXL. Excellent company to work for!
Customer Service Ana (Former Employee) –  Canton, MADecember 21, 2016
As Call Center Representative you receive paid training and work in a wonderful call center atmosphere. The staff is more than willing to assist you achieve goals and incentives. Possibilities galore for advancement with experience. Management is always looking for better ways to help their staff and customers have an excellent experience.
Pros
Benefits and co-workers
Cons
Amazing atmosphere, great energy and greate stability.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, New YorkAugust 11, 2013
Casual Male was a great company to work for. It enabled me to build my management career as a Store Manager, and use my sales skills obtained from Slomins along with my customer and retail experiences. A typical day consisted of customer service, and constant merchandising. I was responsible for staffing two(2) locations, and to ensure that customers in both stores were satisfied. My employees and co-workers were all enjoyable to work with, and we felt more of a family then a staff. The most enjoyable part of my job, was going to work knowing that it would be fun, fast paced and enjoyable!
Pros
Constant training, multitude of tools provided to succeed.
Cons
Compensation, no breaks.
Hours are pretty good, and the ability to Commission..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 10, 2013
If you are hired for this store there are great managers in the district. Several that have been with the company 9-18 years. They will be a great resource for you. The customers are great. Many do not have anyother alternatives in where they shop. Your staff will be small, so you will tend to develop a great working relationship with them. There are opportunities to make money with the base plus commission pay scale that is in place...but this is a double edged sword. In the last 6 weeks of the calander year you will make very good money. Your paychecks will be 3 times the normal. But the tough months of Jan-Feb and July-Sept are very difficult to make decent money.
Pros
Great place to work, learned a lot about the Casual Male, discount was great and the benefits were too.
Cons
Lunch breaks should have been longer. Fitting rooms and registers need to be updated.
Great Guest. Always fun and productive.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 18, 2013
I love my job, the best part about my job is working with the guest that come into my store. I work with guest and enjoy getting to know the guest when they come into my store. It make me feel good when I know I just made a guest feel really good about themselves. Many of my guest are very sensitive and self conscious, and my job is to make sure when they leave my store they feel better about themselves which makes me feel great knowing that these guest are as important as every person. The hardest part about my job is getting my guest to try clothes on, but 90% of the time I can get them to. It saves them from having to go home and find out they do not like the fit or the cut of what they just purchased and then coming back for something else. I get along great with my co worker. Given the hours we have we get job done and we have a great time doing it.
Pros
getting to know my guest
Cons
health care
High pace environment.
DISTRICT MANAGER- 15 STORES (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA and Northern, VAFebruary 25, 2013
Visiting stores and conducting full day visits covering all aspects of the business. Brought in team in the afternoon and role played guest experience and how to show outfits and how to connect with each guest. I learned that developing a guest centric culture is all about finding the right people. I was able to interview better, and seek out those people to bring on board. My co- workers were great! We shared successes and supported each other when needed. The challenging part of the job was hiring the person we needed with a low pay structure. I enjoyed hearing the stores from my team on great experiences, seeing those experiences and listening to our guests give fabulous feedback thru phone, surveys or internet,
Pros
great pay, car, and great co workers.
Cons
health benefits
Different challenge
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 10, 2012
Working here allowed me to venture out of my comfort zone as far as the clientele. I had to overcome a surprising difficulty, the customers didn't understand why I wanted to work at a big and tall store. I learned to communicate my belief that everyone, no matter what they look like physically should be able to dress fashionably.
Help me raise a family and gain a new family
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioNovember 3, 2012
22 years with J. Baker before it was converted to CMRG. Great company excellent people who care for their workers
Pros
set plan for life
Cons
wish i was still with them
Warm and Welcomng Environment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 19, 2012
- Close and personal relationships with the customers
-Growing knowledge of the sales process
-Growing ability of adapting to personalities
-Being apart of a team