Casual Male Retail Group, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing atmosphere, great energy and greate stability.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Patchogue, New YorkAugust 11, 2013
Casual Male was a great company to work for. It enabled me to build my management career as a Store Manager, and use my sales skills obtained from Slomins along with my customer and retail experiences. A typical day consisted of customer service, and constant merchandising. I was responsible for staffing two(2) locations, and to ensure that customers in both stores were satisfied. My employees and co-workers were all enjoyable to work with, and we felt more of a family then a staff. The most enjoyable part of my job, was going to work knowing that it would be fun, fast paced and enjoyable!
Pros
constant training, multitude of tools provided to succeed.
Cons
compensation, no breaks.
Great Guest. Always fun and productive.
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 18, 2013
I love my job, the best part about my job is working with the guest that come into my store. I work with guest and enjoy getting to know the guest when they come into my store. It make me feel good when I know I just made a guest feel really good about themselves. Many of my guest are very sensitive and self conscious, and my job is to make sure when they leave my store they feel better about themselves which makes me feel great knowing that these guest are as important as every person. The hardest part about my job is getting my guest to try clothes on, but 90% of the time I can get them to. It saves them from having to go home and find out they do not like the fit or the cut of what they just purchased and then coming back for something else. I get along great with my co worker. Given the hours we have we get job done and we have a great time doing it.
Pros
getting to know my guest
Cons
health care
High pace environment.
DISTRICT MANAGER- 15 STORES (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VA and Northern, VAFebruary 25, 2013
Visiting stores and conducting full day visits covering all aspects of the business. Brought in team in the afternoon and role played guest experience and how to show outfits and how to connect with each guest. I learned that developing a guest centric culture is all about finding the right people. I was able to interview better, and seek out those people to bring on board. My co- workers were great! We shared successes and supported each other when needed. The challenging part of the job was hiring the person we needed with a low pay structure. I enjoyed hearing the stores from my team on great experiences, seeing those experiences and listening to our guests give fabulous feedback thru phone, surveys or internet,
Pros
great pay, car, and great co workers.
Cons
health benefits
Different challenge
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Natick, MADecember 10, 2012
Working here allowed me to venture out of my comfort zone as far as the clientele. I had to overcome a surprising difficulty, the customers didn't understand why I wanted to work at a big and tall store. I learned to communicate my belief that everyone, no matter what they look like physically should be able to dress fashionably.
Help me raise a family and gain a new family
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioNovember 3, 2012
22 years with J. Baker before it was converted to CMRG. Great company excellent people who care for their workers
Pros
set plan for life
Cons
wish i was still with them
Warm and Welcomng Environment
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYSeptember 19, 2012
- Close and personal relationships with the customers
-Growing knowledge of the sales process
-Growing ability of adapting to personalities
-Being apart of a team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Casual Male Retail Group, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.