Casual Male XL Employee Reviews

Casual Male xl
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 31, 2016
I am responsible for measuring customers body, sizing their clothes accordingly. This job gives you opportunities to meeting new people. I am able to give satisfaction to the customers.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Cleaning up after they make a mess, not paid enough
meet a great employee and great customers
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 24, 2015
no room for growth...not very honest with the Overall Business. store is no closed overall great experience meet some great managers along the way...wish the company all the best.
Pros
closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Cons
medical expensive
i left for a reason
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyngsboro, MADecember 6, 2015
company cant keep staff. we didnt get paid well and we sold poor quality product and inflated prices. pay structure was adjusted to comission based after i singed on and lost $10,000 a year
Not a very good place to work
Key holder (Former Employee) –  PAOctober 9, 2015
A key holder position only pays $7.05 an hour plus 3% commission.... On average about $9.00, sometimes more sometimes a lot less...kinda like serving never know what your check is going to be like (not really worth doing managment work without managment pay) The management there sucks...no recognition for going beyond your normal job duties. Get accused of things without checking into it to find out if it was a simple misunderstanding or what actually happened they just assume and write you up. Manager meetings (which occasionally keyholders attend) is nothing but the regional manager yelling and cussing everyone out if they didn't make the numbers. If your full time...forget about a social life they schedule bounces and changes so much its hard to make plan...over all I wouldn't recommend anyone for this job unless your desperate.
Pros
customers
Cons
managment
casual male/dxl
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDSeptember 17, 2015
great place to work.excellent hours pay and people. good advancement oppritunities. customer base phenomenal. can work multiple stores if desired.
Fast-paced environment
Store Manager/Store Manager Trainer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 4, 2015
Good Company. Enjoyed meeting a lot of great people. Best part of the job was, traveling within my region helping under performing stores.
Pros
Store Mangers not rwuired to work Sundays
Cons
No internal promotion program
Nice enough but Hard
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  PhiladelphiaAugust 26, 2015
Part of a large group called Destination XL but focuses on casual apparel. Nice enough place to work but very difficult to make a career out of . Compensation can be extremely low depending on season and location,
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Compensation
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIAugust 13, 2015
wonderful place to work. You get to interact with people and coworkers on a daily basis. You get commission from your sales plus a base pay rate. There are always new training models for you to learn something new.
slow work place
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 28, 2015
the team we started with was great.. the company began to change rules and made everything a bit confusing and harder to adjust.
working with Joanne at the store was great she thought me alot about retail
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 7, 2015
customer service move the store around opening and closing the store counting the money training others we all had a good time working together
Pros
working has a team
Cons
Dont have any
A great expereince for a young man
1st Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Berlin, NJJune 3, 2015
I appreciated my time working at Casual Male. At the time I was in school and needed to gain experience in the sales world. This was a great jumping point with a lot of good people in the company.
Pros
Great expereince
Cons
Salary
Unethical company where people only care about themselves
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  UnavailableMay 20, 2015
The management at the Casual Male XL (both store level and regional level) are fake and selfish. The only people that anyone was looking out for was themselves. If you only care about yourself and want to say that you are a team player and not be one when the time comes, then Casual Male XL is the perfect place for you. I would give the management 0 stars if possible.
Pros
Make commission on everything you sell
Cons
Get paid less than minimum wage when you don't sell anything, The store was often empty and you could go several days without seeing a customer, The management did not look out for their staff's needs they only cared about their own wants
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 19, 2015
Fun place to work, strong management. Could pay better. But overall a good growing company. Building new stores each year in different areas of the country.
company
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAMay 8, 2015
This company was not very good to work for. I did gain some good customer service Knowledge. The co-workers were great to work with, as were the Managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the big and tall guys dress for their size and feel good about their size.
Good Atmosphere
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2015
I didnt work here very long, because it closed shortly after I was hired. I met a lot of customers and was able to help them get clothes they wanted and enjoyed the time I work there.
slow market
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 13, 2015
Enjoyed some of the customers but the compensation was not equal to the work. I was able to learn some new skills thanks to the manager I had.
Nice customers
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMarch 16, 2015
Worked part time, but fun place to work. Manager was very nice to work with.
Customers were very pleasant too. Store manager was very helpful with learning new retail ways.
Nice company to work for.
Casual Male
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 2, 2015
Management were great to employees needs
Enjoyable work with co workers and management
Great benefits
Unfortunately, the economy at that hours were cut back for every employee
Pros
customer service
Cons
due to the economy at that time hours were cut
CMXL seemed very mom and pop
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, NYJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day was very quiet not many customers entered the store but if they did we would process orders and measure them for suits
Pros
hrs were very good not late nights
Cons
very quiet not much business
Great place to work with room for advancement
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CANovember 21, 2014
Everyday was a great day, I interacted with people all day and that's what I love to do. I enjoyed driving sales and it was second nature because of the atmosphere, I am a very people friendly person and enjoy my work.