CAT

CAT Employer Reviews

Productive and relaxed environment
Laborer (Former Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great pay, overtime on weekends. benefits.
Cons: short breaks, lay offs
Team meeting in the morning before work started, Went to your work station. Set up your equipment. Satisfied with continuing education that they provide for their employees.
Adjuster (Current Employee), Mobile, ALJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: you decide how much you want to work on your schedule
Cons: no healthcare
I love working for pilot, they are all very nice and very patient with there time because it sometimes takes a lot of time to settle some claims.
Wrapping up the company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good leadership, optimistic team
Cons: poor benefits
Company transition; change in management; wrapping up the business to eventually close by year end.
Still in the process of refining the educational resources
CAT-S (Current Employee), Conyers, GAApril 7, 2014
Intended to help new mechanics get training to become skilled
Not the best job but something to help pay bills and put food on the table.
Scanner / Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee), Fostoria, OHMarch 22, 2014
Pros: got to drive new cars and trucks
Cons: low pay, work in all weather, dangerous working in the railroad cars
Working outside for 12 hours a day or night is not just for everyone. No true shelter to get you out of bad weather. A lot of working alone in Railroad cars, must be able to trust your co-workers. Pay too low for the work that is done.
Great safe environment
Logistics Technician (Former Employee), Joliet, ILMarch 12, 2014
Great safe environment. Numerous of daily challenges in a lean manufacturing company.
Good job but could be better
Welder/Painter/Forklift Driver/ Inventory clerk (Former Employee), East Peoria, ILDecember 10, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: no room for advancement
I'm satisfied with my job but don't see any room for advancement and would like to advance to more challenging positions in the future
Learning Managemental Skills
Claim Report Administrator (Former Employee), Clearwater, FlSeptember 21, 2013
A past audit for claims that were not filed for home owners home damage.
I loved working with all the people that I worked with,they showed me alot
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oxford, MSMay 29, 2013
Set up machine,do the first part to make sure machine is set up correctly,that if given a chance I can do anything that I put my mind to,my co workers were awesome they were always there if I ever had a problem or question.
Great job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Hasbrouck Heights, NJMay 20, 2013
Typical day at work was getting in touch of decision makers of companies and scheduling meetings with them to further discuss how we can help them... I learned a lot from this job and most importantly learned the art of dialing away and handling objections.. I really liked the atmosphere of the office and how nice and close the employees were..
Temporary work. Great Experience
Independent Claims Adjuster, in West Virginia (Former Employee), West VirginiaOctober 8, 2012
Pros: good pay, meet new people. travel.
Cons: long hours. away from home.
This was a temporary job assignment.. I worked as an independent Property claims Adjuster. It was long hours, Customers were nice, Carrier was good. The carrier was a little slow on payment though.
Enjoyable so long as you make friends
Fabrication Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 8, 2012
Pros: pay, benefits, tuition assistance program
Cons: major possibility of bad managers
I assumed there would be no one my age, but have found several people both times I've been hired. The only problem I have with CAT (Building LL, in particular) is that the management is highly dependent on the managers, which forces you to look past any of the possible faults and shortcomings your section manager may have. Other than that, it's a very good place to advance and gain experience.
CAT Federal Professional Sales & International Marketing Instructor
Professional Sales & Marketing Instructor (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2012
* High School College Accredited teacher
* Public School System in lower economically developed areas is difficult to receive resource to reach the students with
* Administration extorted my federal funding
* I found it difficult to acclimate to the environment being white
* My students. I recently received a phone call from a student that was originally from a refugee camp in Africa. He has suffered severe physical injuries b/c of the wars and lack of medical attention in the camps. I would stay late with him every evening helping with his English, though I was not an English teacher by any means, and help him write scholarship essays. Night after night we would write. He rode public transit to the actual school bus stop everyday, so at night I would drive him home to his small apartment where his family lived. When he called, he told me he was currently enrolled in medical school and planned on completing his residency here in the states, then go back to Nigeria to practice medicine. That was worth everything the administration had put me through.
Se toma decisiones diariamente
Centro de atención técnica (Current Employee), dirección de obraJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: servicios básicos laborales
Cons: dinámica muy alta poco espacio para pensar
Se organiza las obras en función de un planeamiento , se proyecta se organiza en función de un diagnostico ya especificado .
Se atiende las necesidades de los clientes, problemas,venta , atención. Se convive baja presión las 8 horas del jornal .Lo positivo todos los días se resuelven diferentes problemas con capacidad creativa y técnica