CAT Employee Reviews

Great career
Field (Current Employee) –  USADecember 24, 2017
I find working in the CAT environment challenging and satisfying, with good compensation. You must expect to work hard and long hours and there is no guarantee of work or work duration. But the compensation makes it well worth it.
CAT Claims Adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 16, 2017
Be prepared to cover your own expense to travel for deployments, work 12 hour work days 7 days per week. Micro Management is the norm. Be prepared to be treated as an unwanted guest during deployments on a regular basis. WHy do it you ask. The answer is simple. MONEY! the pay is above average, 20,000 per month is not unusual. Just be prepared to work for it,,84 hour work weeks is typical
Pros
money
Cons
the unknown
Productive and fun place to work
Cylinder Head Detail (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSSeptember 18, 2017
My job at CAT is overall good. I'm currently looking for another job because I only receive $8.50 a hour. If it wasn't for that, I would love to stay and continue being a part of this company.
Great Company
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 31, 2017
Very productive work place extensive knowledge of global economy required! Ability to engage global business value added exchange of ideas advertising for the client.
Pros
Vacation Time between projects
Cons
World Class competition and stress you have to love it!
Enjoyable workplace
Cat and Dog Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 3, 2016
It is a very fun place to work. The environment can be fast and hectic or calm both with no warning. High turnover for employees in retail was a problem to create continuity.
Good flow of wok
Parts Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 7, 2016
Open the warehouse following a safety check list Daily stock take to ensure inventory systems reflects on hand stock.Pick and prepare orders for delivery depending on priority.Fork lift driver unload, and load delivery trucks with transfer stock, or parts. Reject, or approve part warranties, depending on part warranty criteria.Ship as well as transmit stock, customer orders, and accredited parts. Furthermore provide excellent customer service. Always help load customers
Ensuring the customer leaves with the correct order and parts.
very professional and hardworking place to work
detail booth (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSMay 16, 2016
A typical day at CAT was going to work getting my suit on and getting in my detail booth. It was a very safe place to work and very professional. I learned a hard work ethic and how to work in a nice pace but safe at the same time.
Program was defunded, but was great to work for.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2015
Politics rife with the County, which defunded a great program. Work was meaningful, and I loved everything about my job.
Pros
Great manager and staff.
Cons
County Mayor and his decisions.
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNOctober 6, 2015
Confidential - will discuss openly in person due to complexity of (CAS) operating as a separate, small company, entity, but my personal job being intertwined with a large global company (Caterpillar)
Pros
Confidential
Cons
Confidential
Manager Rule with retaliation, fear, and bullying tactics
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Corona CAJune 16, 2015
I have been here less than year. I was happy to get the job, but now I see it was a bad choice. This place needs a union because they don’t care for their people even when they break their back for this place. They don’t care for safety. I feel shame that I can’t really fix things cause we can’t buy what we need. It makes me look bad and I get angry a lot about the bad work I am forced to do. They never even trained me and I am trying to fix stuff when it is running cause they won’t stop the lines. I am trying to get out of here. I don’t think it is safe and I know there is a lot of mind games where they try to turn us on each other so we can be safe from the cut. They have these meetings where we can talk about issues, but the main cause of the problems does all the talking to stop us from telling the truth. If we do talk you can expect retaliation from change of your hours or your parts not getting approved. From what I can tell this company likes to keep control over the crew and wants managers to rule with retaliation, fear, and bullying tactics. They tell us they want engagement, but they hire these vendors to do our work and I think there is an incentive for the main guy cause the quality of the work does not reflect the costs. We could do the work better! The main guy won't let any of us do what we are good at, he just wants to control us to make himself look good.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Bad work environment
Excellent place to work, My position is temp
Supply Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 28, 2015
I come in get my computer going and go through any emails that came through the night before looking for urgent ones to address first. I typically have meetings the first part of the day with suppliers to help them to overcome any issues they may be having with getting me the parts I have on order. The remainder of the day I spend working inventory where we may have too much of one part I need to try to get rid of some I have others we do not have enough of and I have to get with suppliers to see what we can do to get more in. I also manage our automatic order system that has about 6,000 parts on it as well.
Pros
Great working environment, great teams
Cons
Cat does not hire permanent outside of Cat for my position, I am temporary and while my job is here as long as I want it, I do not have the benefits or pay I would as a permanent worker.
Productive and relaxed environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 13, 2015
Team meeting in the morning before work started, Went to your work station. Set up your equipment. Satisfied with continuing education that they provide for their employees.
Pros
Great pay, Overtime on weekends. Benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, Lay offs
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 15, 2015
I love working for pilot, they are all very nice and very patient with there time because it sometimes takes a lot of time to settle some claims.
Pros
You decide how much you want to work on your schedule
Cons
No healthcare
Wrapping up the company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
Company transition; change in management; wrapping up the business to eventually close by year end.
Pros
good leadership, optimistic team
Cons
poor benefits
Still in the process of refining the educational resources
CAT-S (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 7, 2014
Intended to help new mechanics get training to become skilled
Not the best job but something to help pay bills and put food on the table.
Scanner / Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHMarch 22, 2014
Working outside for 12 hours a day or night is not just for everyone. No true shelter to get you out of bad weather. A lot of working alone in Railroad cars, must be able to trust your co-workers. Pay too low for the work that is done.
Pros
got to drive new cars and trucks
Cons
low pay, work in all weather, dangerous working in the railroad cars
Great safe environment
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 12, 2014
Great safe environment. Numerous of daily challenges in a lean manufacturing company.
Good job but could be better
Welder/Painter/Forklift Driver/ Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILDecember 10, 2013
I'm satisfied with my job but don't see any room for advancement and would like to advance to more challenging positions in the future
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Learning Managemental Skills
Claim Report Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FlSeptember 21, 2013
A past audit for claims that were not filed for home owners home damage.
I loved working with all the people that I worked with,they showed me alot
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 29, 2013
Set up machine,do the first part to make sure machine is set up correctly,that if given a chance I can do anything that I put my mind to,my co workers were awesome they were always there if I ever had a problem or question.