CAT Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent place to work, My position is temp
Supply Analyst (Current Employee) –  Corinth, MSMarch 28, 2015
I come in get my computer going and go through any emails that came through the night before looking for urgent ones to address first. I typically have meetings the first part of the day with suppliers to help them to overcome any issues they may be having with getting me the parts I have on order. The remainder of the day I spend working inventory where we may have too much of one part I need to try to get rid of some I have others we do not have enough of and I have to get with suppliers to see what we can do to get more in. I also manage our automatic order system that has about 6,000 parts on it as well.
Pros
Great working environment, great teams
Cons
Cat does not hire permanent outside of Cat for my position, I am temporary and while my job is here as long as I want it, I do not have the benefits or pay I would as a permanent worker.
very professional and hardworking place to work
detail booth (Former Employee) –  Booneville, MSMay 16, 2016
A typical day at CAT was going to work getting my suit on and getting in my detail booth. It was a very safe place to work and very professional. I learned a hard work ethic and how to work in a nice pace but safe at the same time.
Productive and relaxed environment
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 13, 2015
Team meeting in the morning before work started, Went to your work station. Set up your equipment. Satisfied with continuing education that they provide for their employees.
Pros
great pay, overtime on weekends. benefits.
Cons
short breaks, lay offs
Program was defunded, but was great to work for.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2015
Politics rife with the County, which defunded a great program. Work was meaningful, and I loved everything about my job.
Pros
Great manager and staff.
Cons
County Mayor and his decisions.
Enjoyable so long as you make friends
Fabrication Specialist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 8, 2012
I assumed there would be no one my age, but have found several people both times I've been hired. The only problem I have with CAT (Building LL, in particular) is that the management is highly dependent on the managers, which forces you to look past any of the possible faults and shortcomings your section manager may have. Other than that, it's a very good place to advance and gain experience.
Pros
pay, benefits, tuition assistance program
Cons
major possibility of bad managers
Wrapping up the company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2014
Company transition; change in management; wrapping up the business to eventually close by year end.
Pros
good leadership, optimistic team
Cons
poor benefits
Good job but could be better
Welder/Painter/Forklift Driver/ Inventory clerk (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILDecember 10, 2013
I'm satisfied with my job but don't see any room for advancement and would like to advance to more challenging positions in the future
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Manager Rule with retaliation, fear, and bullying tactics
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Corona CAJune 16, 2015
I have been here less than year. I was happy to get the job, but now I see it was a bad choice. This place needs a union because they don’t care for their people even when they break their back for this place. They don’t care for safety. I feel shame that I can’t really fix things cause we can’t buy what we need. It makes me look bad and I get angry a lot about the bad work I am forced to do. They never even trained me and I am trying to fix stuff when it is running cause they won’t stop the lines. I am trying to get out of here. I don’t think it is safe and I know there is a lot of mind games where they try to turn us on each other so we can be safe from the cut. They have these meetings where we can talk about issues, but the main cause of the problems does all the talking to stop us from telling the truth. If we do talk you can expect retaliation from change of your hours or your parts not getting approved. From what I can tell this company likes to keep control over the crew and wants managers to rule with retaliation, fear, and bullying tactics. They tell us they want engagement, but they hire these vendors to do our work and I think there is an incentive for the main guy cause the quality of the work does not reflect the costs. We could do the work better! The main guy won't let any of us do what we are good at, he just wants to control us to make himself look good.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Bad work environment
Temporary work. Great Experience
Independent Claims Adjuster, in West Virginia (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaOctober 8, 2012
This was a temporary job assignment.. I worked as an independent Property claims Adjuster. It was long hours, Customers were nice, Carrier was good. The carrier was a little slow on payment though.
Pros
good pay, meet new people. travel.
Cons
long hours. away from home.
Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 15, 2015
I love working for pilot, they are all very nice and very patient with there time because it sometimes takes a lot of time to settle some claims.
Pros
you decide how much you want to work on your schedule
Cons
no healthcare
CAT Federal Professional Sales & International Marketing Instructor
Professional Sales & Marketing Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2012
* High School College Accredited teacher
* Public School System in lower economically developed areas is difficult to receive resource to reach the students with
* Administration extorted my federal funding
* I found it difficult to acclimate to the environment being white
* My students. I recently received a phone call from a student that was originally from a refugee camp in Africa. He has suffered severe physical injuries b/c of the wars and lack of medical attention in the camps. I would stay late with him every evening helping with his English, though I was not an English teacher by any means, and help him write scholarship essays. Night after night we would write. He rode public transit to the actual school bus stop everyday, so at night I would drive him home to his small apartment where his family lived. When he called, he told me he was currently enrolled in medical school and planned on completing his residency here in the states, then go back to Nigeria to practice medicine. That was worth everything the administration had put me through.
Not the best job but something to help pay bills and put food on the table.
Scanner / Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fostoria, OHMarch 22, 2014
Working outside for 12 hours a day or night is not just for everyone. No true shelter to get you out of bad weather. A lot of working alone in Railroad cars, must be able to trust your co-workers. Pay too low for the work that is done.
Pros
got to drive new cars and trucks
Cons
low pay, work in all weather, dangerous working in the railroad cars
Great job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hasbrouck Heights, NJMay 20, 2013
Typical day at work was getting in touch of decision makers of companies and scheduling meetings with them to further discuss how we can help them... I learned a lot from this job and most importantly learned the art of dialing away and handling objections.. I really liked the atmosphere of the office and how nice and close the employees were..
I loved working with all the people that I worked with,they showed me alot
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSMay 29, 2013
Set up machine,do the first part to make sure machine is set up correctly,that if given a chance I can do anything that I put my mind to,my co workers were awesome they were always there if I ever had a problem or question.
Great safe environment
Logistics Technician (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILMarch 12, 2014
Great safe environment. Numerous of daily challenges in a lean manufacturing company.
Still in the process of refining the educational resources
CAT-S (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAApril 7, 2014
Intended to help new mechanics get training to become skilled
Learning Managemental Skills
Claim Report Administrator (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FlSeptember 21, 2013
A past audit for claims that were not filed for home owners home damage.