Catalent Pharma Solutions

Catalent Pharma Solutions Employer Reviews

Place for advancement
Commercial Value Pricing Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2014
Room for growth in a variety of positions. Always just getting by, don't expect a long term tenure and short on raises.
Productive, well experience provider
Product Manager, R&D - New Product Development (Current Employee), Woodstock, ILJune 17, 2014
Dynamic management, but coworkers and peers are fun to work with.
really learning experience for a overall management
Validation Specialist (Former Employee), PRJune 3, 2014
manage a lot of resources but co-workers were not the best team workers. Managment promised a lot to employees and no results seen.
Managers are open minded and encouraging
Senior Designer & Marketing Specialist (Current Employee), New JerseyApril 30, 2014
Pros: work life balance
Cons: unless you are a senior pharmaceutical profession, people comes and goes
At Catalent, my typical day as a marketing specialist and designer would include meet with marketing directors to set up work plans, update on going project status, work on the assignments which various from marketing, design to project management oriented.

It is a rewarding experience for me at Catalent. I've learned a lot about pharmaceutical industry, – more... how a pharmaceutical company operates on marketing/design front, protocols to work with ad agencies and production company, how to interactive with marketing directors, product managers and scientists.

Managers are open minded and encouraging you to try different things.

The hardest part of the job is to consolidate highly technical medical information from primary and secondary sources for marketing applications, applying sound business judgment and making recommendations using fragmented or incomplete data.

The most enjoyable part is to see the design/marketing work come together in good shape, any projects moving along smoothly. – less
Its a job and paycheck/ Bad morale and management
Scientist (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCApril 22, 2014
Pros: some coworkers
Cons: poor managers and management, pay, benefits, morale, atmosphere
You will be expected to work very long hours for very little pay! There seems to be a lot of back stabbing and throwing people under the bus! The company on the whole really does not care about the employees and the poor engagement shows.
Work here if you need a job and are desperate, but don't stop looking for something better.
Average enviroment, some of the management does't care about employees.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 25, 2014
General Manager is very engaged in warehouse activity and a great motivator. A small group of his management team are great educators and are open to ideas. I wish the other in his management team under him would have the same outlook
Unless you really need a job or have lowered expectations...
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMarch 22, 2014
Pros: some coworkers
Cons: management, low engagement, lack of investment in people and processes
There is a lot of turnover on all levels -- Management likes to tout growth, when in reality the number of people coming in versus those going out is pretty much even. A lot of people come in with energy, but soon get drained or discouraged -- a lot of current workers are looking to get out.

Morale and engagement is low, some of it due to the contract – more... industry business model (it's all about getting the projects done by the end of the month), but a lot of it due to people not feeling valued, lack of development opportunities, poor communication, poor and/or outdated processes and systems, the focus on profit over quality (compliance and work/life balance)...the list can go on and on...

Management is poor and is out of touch with front line workers. Middle managers and supervisors don't get a lot of guidance, training, nor support (especially on the people-managing side). There is a lot of growth opportunity project-wise, but poor planning makes it tougher than it should be.

Corporate only seems focused on squeezing every cent -- and focusing on helping to get the business sold.

It can be a good place if one just needs a job, but not really as a place to have a career. – less
Great company with a culture that is trying to change.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 26, 2014
Work life balance is way off kilter but the company is trying to change.
Productive yet successful
Quality Inspector (Current Employee), Woodstock, ILFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: loved the people that i got to work with
Cons: 12 hr work day
A typical day at work is busy yet successful. I have learned a lot in my years here. I have learned that quality comes above everything. The hardest part of my job would have to be trying to make production understand on why we have make our quality desicions. What I loved about my job was working with all my coworkers.
Warehouse Manager and Supervisor show great leadership
Clinical Receiving Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: general manager is a great motivator and is great leader.
Cons: management below general manager needs to gain people skills
Co-workers are a joy to work with. Good work life balance. Hardest part of the job is working with Management who doesnt hold workers responsible and covers up on going problems that needs to be addressed.
Great Enviroment
Packer, Machine Operator (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2014
runs smoothly and efficiently, management is kind and considerate
Established Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company
Procurement Department - Senior Buyer (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Corporate environment. Owned by Blackstone Corporation.
worst job ever in my life i was a zydis technician
zydis technician (Former Employee), somerset njJanuary 21, 2014
Cons: racist company
I was a zydis technician somerset nj place is racist worst job I ever had
High quality services for large and mid-size pharma.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Somerset, NJJanuary 3, 2014
Typical day's priorities include managing and advancing clear and present opportunities.
Learned a lot about navigating the internal sell of large companies.
Coworkers are good people.
Hardest part of the job is bringing the services to small pharma/biotech companies.
Most enjoyable part of the job is delivering solutions to companies/people.
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Associate Scientist (Former Employee), Winchester, KYNovember 28, 2013
Pros: none.
Cons: anything you could possibly imagine.
I have never had such a poor work experience as I've had with Catalent. I have heard that some of their other offices are a lot better to work for, but the Winchester, KY facility is just abysmal. I received little to no training and I echo the previous reviews that states the job training consisted of reading SOPs and little else. Management was fragmented – more... at best and did not support their employees whatsoever, and what's worse, neither did HR. The unsupportiveness bred a terrible, hostile work environment between colleagues and between managers and employees, top to bottom. Most jobs/companies have some not so great aspects to them, but this company has no good aspects to speak of. Even the pay rate was only okay. I would not ever recommend this company as a potential employer to anyone. – less
Productive and challenging place to work
Scientist (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 27, 2013
Pros: people and the variety of work that i do
Cons: distance from home and lack of career movement
My typical work day consists of analyzing data, customer communication, testing samples, and working to on board new instruments. I am currently in charge of two project. I am the lead analyst for at least three other customers I do method development, method validation, stability testing for pulmonary and nasal drugs. The sample types range from MDI, – more... DPI, sublingual spray, nasal sprays, and nebulized samples. I love the diversity of not testing the samples or tests for one day to the next. I enjoy the interaction that I have with the customers. I am also one of the lead trainers for the department. – less
I wanted to like this job
QC Analyst (Current Employee), Winchester, KYNovember 19, 2013
When I first started the job a year ago it wasn't perfect, but the group was a team. Now, the team is disjointed, the managers won't back up their employees and the group has no idea what is going on in the rest of the plant. The most enjoyable part of this job is doing bench work and I've learned a lot by working here but the management is so horrible – more... and the turnover rate is so high that I can't imagine anyone wanting to stay here. – less
Too bad, this could be a good and interesting place to work.
assignment (Former Employee), philadelphia, pa.November 12, 2013
Pros: it is a job, in this job market, that is the plus.
Cons: review says it all.
In my opinion, this company COULD be a good place to work, however, their idea of training an employee (who they expect to do a 110%, EXCELLENT, ERROR FREE JOB, is reading SOP's). There is little to no training, and training is performed by people who are not at all interested in doing the training (seemingly no personal interest or sense of personal – more... satisfaction in doing a good job themselves at training). Was advised after a couple of days of constantly interrupted training that moving forward I would be "thrown to the wolves", that "that's the way we do it here". Enough said.

It is very unfortunate, a great deal of money is thrown at things that can wait and no money is spent doing things that could make the company great.

There are a lot of hard working people there that jump through hoops on a daily basis and are not rewarded for their hard work, only rewarded with the promise that the next day will be the same as the last. Lots of putting out fires, no rebuilding after the fire is out. – less
Excellent place to learn all pharmaceutical areas
QC Manager (Current Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 6, 2013
Pros: excellent learning environment
Cons: poor work/life balance
I have learned, working in a stressful environment, multitasking and different areas. However there is no work/life balance. The coworkers are excellent peers.
High Turnover
Scientist (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCNovember 6, 2013
Pros: experience with a variety of projects
Cons: management is elitist, and promotes distrust among workers, low pay, excessive hours, very high turnover rate
Avoid this place at all costs. Turnover in the first year alone can exceed 70%. Management treats employees as simply a replaceable resource. Pay is low, and hours can exceed 100 per week at times, especially for salaried workers. Workers can never build trust among themselves, as management will actively look to "throw you under the bus".

1 2 3 4 5

About Catalent Pharma Solutions

Catalyst + talent = Catalent. At least, that's the brand Catalent Pharma Solutions is using to try to ensure its customers' success. The – Read more