Catalent Pharma Solutions Employee Reviews

Extremely busy, day will fly by
Distribution Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 2, 2017
I truly loved my job and position. Unfortunately the immediate supervisor and head of the site decided they wanted someone they could mold into what they thought the ideal employee should be. I would not conform since I had been doing the same job for approximately 18 years and had a good relation ship with my clients. Supervisor did not follow protocol and therefore I was terminated with a very poor recommendation for future employment.
Pros
Pay is good, ideal for a biology major to built their resume.
Cons
Management doesn't have a clue as what employees do and how.
The benefits were not very good.
Manufacturing Technician III (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure there and would probably have stayed but the company was bought out. The benefits could have been better though. Overall it was a great place to work.
Pros
culture
benefits
Production Inspector/Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 20, 2017
Since I have been here I have learned more about the pharmaceutical world and I enjoy it a great deal. There is so much room to grow within the company.
A fast pace environment and continuous growth and always something new,
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYAugust 14, 2017
It is a good company. I take pride in the training skills and job functions that I learned hands on. My only fault is I lacked in Education and wish I had taken classes to enhance my experience.
Pros
Exciting never dull always learning new things. Expanding to meet customers needs.
Cons
Quality management frequent change, overload of work responsibilities.
Great team members
Senior Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 14, 2017
I had worked with a great group of co-workers We worked in manufacturing from startup to completion of an experimental batch record for a trial run. We did everything from batch review, job assignments, pre-weigh, weighing, sifting, sorting, sampling, filling. also did setup, cleaning of equipment.
Stressful Environment
Sr. Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJAugust 11, 2017
Even though benefits are fair there are not enough resources available in the Somerset, New Jersey facility. Personnel is overworked and stressed. A lot of turn around.
be carefull
Assistant Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILAugust 3, 2017
Management does not take suggestions. Employees are good. management is completely detached from what is happening in operations, and they are not interested.
Fast-paced but good, caring site
Management (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2017
The Kansas City facility cares about its staff. They are family and work hard to meet patient needs. Work hard to instill a Patient First. People are very proud of the work they do to help clinical patients.
Many good workers and co-workers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2017
Could be a great company if the Site and Executive Leadership would allow their line managers and department managers to operate, make effective decisions and actually manage. However, micromanagement is rampant and line managers are not provided the resources to be effective leaders or to provide effective results.
Its alright work.
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, IL 60098July 12, 2017
Its not bad work and I hear they pay better than before, but the 12 hour shift just is not for me, yeah you may have more days to yourself throughout the week but I'm more likely to make mistakes at work on a 12 hour shift personally.
Pros
You know the work is helping make peoples' lives easier.
Cons
You're pretty much treated like another number.
Productive workplace
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 10, 2017
They work with you to elevate your skills to move forward within the company. They have different committees to work on that helps in the outside world. It's just an all around great company to work for.
Most of the people are great. Management leaves a lot to be desired.
Senior QA Releaser (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 6, 2017
Very stressful because of poor planning on managements part. Every end of month is stressful but the end of the fiscal year is a nightmare. They push people way too much because of their lack of forsight and planning.
Temp job with benefits
Lab Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 27, 2017
Meet a lot of people because of turn over, feel young brcause your treated like a 12 yr old. If you lawyer up you will have a winnable settlement. No union policy posted throught site.
Pros
Beats unemployment
Cons
6 sigma lean management
Hostile work environment
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 26, 2017
Management will throw you under the bus and drive it over you repeatedly. Your coworkers are great, if you're lucky. Everything was due yesterday, and management will keep pushing, even if the data is poor. Profit and meeting timelines trumps good science.
Good place to start carrer as a resent college graduate.
Associate Scientist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 24, 2017
Catalent is a Contract Research Organization (CRO). It is a very fast paced job.

Company should be most concerned with product quality. Also clear career path for the Chemist.
Quality Control Microbiologist (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, ILJune 14, 2017
needs better management and right people for the right jobs .Fast paced, great opportunities for someone who is hard working and entry level, cross functional training is very common
Fast Pace Work environment in Pharma Industry
Manager, Corporate Marketing Programs and Events (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 14, 2017
Dynamic Marketing team that leads multiple campaigns at one time. Can be fast-paced and challenging , but there is a lot of room to advance for go-getters.
Pros
Summer Fridays
Cons
Tight Deadlines
Stressful and Discouraging Place to Work
Scientist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 13, 2017
A typical day was running as many assays as possible to make budget no matter the cost. Didn't learn too much at all except to work extremely hard even if you didn't take a lunch break. As far as the management, my immediate supervisors were fine. The workplace culture was extremely hostile and cutthroat. Administration didn't care about the welfare of the employees but only to make sure budget was met. The hardest part of the job was to adapt to hourly changes that occur each day which made it difficult to do your job because what was good this hour was not good the next hour. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing and working with the few good loyal coworkers.
Pros
Cons
Work excessively hard like your were property of the company
okay
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJune 9, 2017
It was an okay place. Worked there part time. Telecommuted, so did not have much interaction with the staff. Work environment was a bit slow so took a bit longer to get stuff done
Growing company with high turnover lacking experienced management
SCIENTIST (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 7, 2017
Typical day while I was there is fast paced with little room for error.
Employees in general are wonderful people who can be very helpful but oftentimes very busy to the point that mentorship is minimal. A very self-driven and motivated approach will be advantageous to any new employ as well as later down the road. Each individual runs several types of assays or several variations of an assay for multiple clients. Peer review of other peoples work is also a must. Problems begin, at least in my experience, with management in key areas. Personality conflicts with inexperienced managers are probably inevitable which also drives the high turnover in what can be a stressful environment. It's highly recommended that people seeking jobs here are experienced with at least five years minimum experience in a fast paced cGMP Contract Research Organization. The health insurance isn't that great either, but perhaps they will work on that. Leave time as in emergency, holiday and vacation policy was decent.
Pros
Good analysts and manufacturing employees
Cons
Too numerous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catalent Pharma Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9