Catalina Marketing Employee Reviews

Client Service Executive
Client Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 2, 2016
Working for Catalina Marketing was a career building decision. I learned most of what I am experienced in working for this company. It's a great company to work for.
Catalina Marketing 2000-2006
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 25, 2016
The review is based on 2000-2006 work experience. Great place to work, but work environment could be extremely hyper political.

Low pay.
Since Catalina Marketing used all headhunters in the local area, it make finding a new job impossible to escape from Catalina.
Pros
Before 2006 - free breakfast, weeklong party at work once a year
Cons
Used all local head hunters to prevent employees from leaving
No Direction
Production Support Specialist II (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLApril 25, 2016
Too many priorities
Constantly changing priorities
Company invested in some areas which turned out to be worthless
Executive management out of touch with reality

Company has lost direction and only cares of bottom-line.
Average
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 31, 2016
Management turnover has been extreme in the last 5 years which makes working for them tumultuous at times. Although overall it was an excellent company which cultivated its employees.
Ambiguous strategy - No leadership
Global Ops (Former Employee) –  St PetersburgFebruary 29, 2016
Continuous improvement is a necessity to support an ever-changing CPG marketing environment. However, continuous improvement and recreating the wheel every six months are two entirely different things. Catalina literally changes it's vision/mission on an annual basis, and the results of that are clear. Inability to hit budgets and regular mass layoffs are now the norm. When I was hired, I was told that budget was only missed once in 15 years. Now, they are going on their third year in a row, and this is combatted by regular layoffs as opposed to innovative or thought-provoking strategies and solutions. I could write a book on the inefficiencies at Catalina, but I value my time too much.
Pros
Nice building, great location
Cons
How much time do you have?
Nice place to work at
Help Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2016
Worked on calling supermarkets to have them reboot their Catalina Marketing software. This was used when you buy a 2 littler of Coke you would then get a coupon back for a 2 litter of Pepsi. Sometimes the machines that would produce the coupons would break down or need to be reset. Not a lot of customer calling in and mostly was all call outs being made when the reports were ran to see if any of theses machines were running offline.
Pros
great hours
Cons
Not very exciting
Good Work/Life Balance / Weak Sr. Leadership
Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 22, 2016
Nice people and an excellent work/life balance. Good benefits and offered to temps and interns as well. Extremely weak Sr. Leadership team though. Most are "home grown" from Catalina and it shows in their lack of overall management and business knowledge. Would recommend short term if needed but not a viable long term employment option for anyone looking to seriously grow their experience or career.
Work balance is not good
Java lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I am a Mind Tree works as contractor in Catalina Marketing.Work balance is not good which is the main reason to change the company.
Great job
Manager of Courseware Development and Training (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLFebruary 9, 2016
Went back to work after being a stay-at-home Mom for 5 years when my husband was laid off. Worked out of Florida, but commuted back to Atlanta every 2 weeks.

I learned a very careful balance between travel, work and home life and had to manage my time wisely and independently to get the job done.

I always enjoyed my co-workers and love the environment.

The hardest part of the job was convincing people to use a completely new technology for their marketing needs.

The most enjoyable was seeing people "get it" after 2 days of vigorous training.
Pros
Cons
Away from my family for 2 week increments
One of many companies adding to the vast unemployment of American workers
operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 16, 2015
Low pay, no career path, no training. They talk the talk and don't walk the walk. The hiring of foreign worker was meant to fill jobs that were not or could not be filled by local workers, NOT to replace current employees. Who cares about your coupons if you're on food stamps.
Pros
Cons
everything
Great atmosphere, Ok management
EMPLOYEE SERVICE DESK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  St. PetersburgJuly 29, 2015
I worked at the employee service desk providing internal IT support. However I was underemployed and there was no room to grow with this company.
Get in if you can
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 2, 2015
Enjoyed my time working for this business entity. Huge focus on improving skills, improving staff. Technology driven company. As technology moves, so moves this company. A lot of database mining, and turning that results from the database into selling points.
Pros
Treats staff very well
Cons
Workforce reduction due to business climate
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 1, 2015
This job was amazing in the beginning until the work load started to become strenuous. I enjoyed meeting new people and mingling with my peers.
Good place to work until they outsourced IT Infrastructure
Senior Systems/Virtualization Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 8, 2015
Good place to work until they outsourced IT Infrastructure. Personnel were good to work with, they were very knowledgeable. Management struggle with communication and direction.
Pros
Good Folks to work with, very Technical
Cons
Management, Poor Communication and Direction
Fun company with great work/life balance
Senior Operations Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 7, 2015
Fast paced, fast-changing priorities based on the 'fire drill' of the day -- typical for any IT department.
Great group of smart, fun people to work with.
Good place to work but not everything is made clear
Consumer Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 12, 2015
The environment is very open and it can be a great learning opportunity. Some information coming down from management tends to be confusing, There is not much communication between the different departments so tickets going to the wrong group does happen and can cause a slow down to resolution.
Pros
great people and environment
Cons
no defined path to resolution for some issues
Good company to work for in general
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 12, 2015
Great people to work for and with.They seem to have lost focus on their primary business in recent years though. Overall, I really enjoyed my time with the company.
Catalina
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 23, 2015
This company was ok to work at. There was some micro managing going on. The other employees were very nice. The drive was a little far and it was a very stressful place to work overall.
Interesting Company
Loyalty Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FloridaFebruary 18, 2015
Great Culture but company seems to looking for the true direction. Since joining the company has consistently changed directions over the last few years. I'm interested in seeing a lot of changes with this organization pertaining to the compensation and job advancement.
Pros
Great Benefits, Amazing Culture
Cons
Low Compensation
Work hard, play hard
Sales Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 10, 2015
You will not find a better group of people to work with. Which is good as you will be with them more than your family. The pay is good and the holiday parties are always a blast. There are a lot of fringe benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catalina Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7