Catamaran Employee Reviews in United States

Run for your life.
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2016
run for your life. This place does not care about employees, you are just another number at another call center. The turn over is high- hint - hint! run!
Pros
free sodas
Cons
everything people, management, everything!!!!
Catamaran
Mail Order Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHApril 14, 2016
A typical day at Catamaran includes calling, faxing, and contacting doctors. Collaborating with pharmacists to rectify problems with prescriptions.
Team
I enjoy assisting the callers and the agents. (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 6, 2016
My experience has been very interesting. But ever learning. There is a lot that leaves you questioning the company. I enjoy the phones and assisting the callers get issues resolved.
Pros
I advanced quickly.
Cons
Pay
Fun fast paced and upbeat environment
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 24, 2016
Catamaran was a joy to work for. After being employed there for going on 1.5 years I learned a lot and was able to grow as an individual both within my work ethic and personal life. I had made a lot of great connections and learned a lot of system training which now helps me in my everyday life. If it were not for this place I would have not had the interest to pursue my writing and knowledge base of Microsoft excel/word processors. I definitely would have love to stay however for re-location issues I did resign. I will always be thankful for the information I learned being employed at Catamaran!
Fun place to work
Member Services Professional (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2016
Co-workers are fun loving, exciting people who love their jobs and their families. Enjoyed each and every day. Assisted with new employees providing insight to a typical workday and what to expect
Pros
Flexible schedules and Healthcare Benefits
pharmaceutical company
Intake Coordinator & PA Clerk (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2016
Its a pharmaceutical company. Their only client is IBC. its an ok company to work for not many room for advancement. I rather not say anything else.
Catamaran LA
Patient Care Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 31, 2015
The hardest part of the job is that no one actually trains you thoroughly. Management is mishandled and theres no room for growth.
Pros
Pretty fast paced
Cons
Short lunches, no room for growth
Great place to work.
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2015
Great place to work. I had a great experience and learned a lot. Huge call center over 500 employees. Great managers and leader all around. Great place to grow.
A great place to work but a new merger is coming and I may not be needed any more.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Developer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 25, 2015
I really enjoyed working at Catamaran and hoped I could continue. But, a new merger is coming soon. Most of my friends and co-workers have already gone. I may be the last survivor. I am confident that the knowledge and experience I have gained at Catamaran will translate into another opportunity.
Productive Environment and fun atmosphere
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Lisle,ILOctober 8, 2015
The company has recently been acquired by Optum Rx and changes are still in the works. The company overall is a good. Customer Service positions require flexible schedules that often do not allow for work life balance. Not single parent friendly because schedules change minimum 2 times per year. Seniority is a non-factor for the company and often senior employees 3+ years are overlooked for promotion and advancement based on the personal opinions of Management personnel.
Pros
good working conditions, and environment, company sponsored activities for employees
Cons
shift bid based scheduling based on ranking seniority not considered little work life balance.
Poor Management
Application Support Admin (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COOctober 1, 2015
Don't look to start a career here. They have a high turnover rate. They will let you go in a second. I worked very hard for this company. Working overtime up to 25 hours every week. No matter how hard you work if the manager does not like you, your out. The manager I had was a liar. She was rude and just plain ignorant. If you are a person that just go to work and do your job, this is not the place for you. I was quiet. I would mind my own business. I was a very hard worker. When I was in training my trainer quit before we got on the floor. That should have been a sign. Our training class was constantly pulled of the floor to train for something new. The first month there was so much confusion as to what job I was going to do! Just not a good place to work.
Productive and great team
Prior Authorization Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 27, 2015
The environment is great placed to work in and the team are wonderful people that you can count on when you have questions and concerns. Management works with your schedule when needed. I love what I did at Catamaran and on a typical day, Prior Authorization request can get heavy but we mange as a team to get it completed within the turn around time. I enjoy the company of my coworkers because they are family and coming together when one of us are in need of help within work schedule or our personal life outside of work.
Catamaran
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 16, 2015
While my stay with Catamaran was short, it was enjoyable. I was laid off without adequate reasoning and to my knowledge they have been sued for doing this to many others. I'm not fond of the management, but the company itself was not a bad company to work for and if given the opportunity, I would go back I just wouldn't work in the Lisle location again.
Pros
Overtime Opportunities
Cons
Opportunist Management
Horrible management.
mail order (Former Employee) –  pheonixSeptember 14, 2015
Pros
Free flavored coffee and overtime.
Cons
Horrile management.
Unorganized
Pharmacy Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Lisle IlSeptember 1, 2015
Not organized
Management was overwhelmed and had no time to help you
Leads not trained properly and could not answer simple questions
Pros
Worked all the overtime I wanted
Cons
No communication, not organized
Java Developer
Sr. Java Developer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 7, 2015
Challenging environment
I consider myself an achiever as I'm always a learner, down to earth and understand my strengths and always try to work on my areas of opportunities.
productive and engaging work environment
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 2, 2015
Catamaran is a company that is rapidly growing. Management is very engaging. The work environment is very encouraging
teachers assistant
Prior Authorization Technician (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 17, 2015
assisted the teacher in the infant room with the daily lessons of the classroom and also helped out in the before and after school room
the job was a nice place to work
Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 8, 2015
 Change Request (DCO) processing and final release globally for a medical device company that manufacturers a number of class II and III medical devices that are used for trauma and implantable, and surgery Assure documentation format/template standards and requirements are maintained.
Worst Management
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2015
Worst company with poor management team.
Constant change with schedules. Just as you get used to a routine, there's a new schedule bid.
No supports from management team.
No rewards for loyal employees. New hires get better schedules and benefits than tenured agents.
Policies and procedures update weekly, sometimes daily.
System crashed often.
Advancements based off managers' favoritism and not on work merits.
Would not recommend this place, unless you're looking for short term jobs.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Short breaks and lunches, health insurance, managements, career growth