Catamaran Employee Reviews

Quiet place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 25, 2017
Easy to prepare presentations for pharmacist and consultants.
They company is no longer in business.They were bought out by another competitor. We would have office lunch occasionally.
Pros
Nice in office kitchen
Cons
Can get hectic sometimes producing the next presentation
Faced paced work environment.
Manager, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 6, 2017
Faced paced work environment. Leadership at the time had the ability to help mentor and develop talent. Tuition reimbursement was very helpful in furthering my education.
We always had food available
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 10, 2017
We would take calls for members who belong to specific health care plans. They would call in and we would assist them with the Pharmacy aspect of the insurance.
Pros
We had hour lunch breaks and sometimes catered food
Cons
Parking was few and far between
Catamaran
Yacht Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 28, 2017
In the Catamaran Company you make your day as exciting as you want in a very competitive market place. I learned with Catamaran company.
Great position
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILSeptember 23, 2017
When they were open this mail order pharmacy was a great place to work. Friendly atmosphere competitive work pay and team oriented.
All this makes for a happy place to work.
A good place to work
Retail Network Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 29, 2017
Catamaran (now Optum) is a growing company with plenty of room for advancement. As long as you are dedicated to your work and are proactive in seeking out assignments, projects, or cross-training, you have a good chance to thrive.
Good, challenging place to work
Project Manager, Business Intelligence (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 24, 2017
Overall a very good company to work for. Challenging work, good working relationships. Very nice amenities. Management actively works with employees on career path. Constant purchasing of other companies created some chaos.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, training, work
Cons
constantly changing management
What you learned
Plan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 3, 2017
What I learned was how to improve being a team-player to complete the job accurately and in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers.
Great place to work and grow
Failed claims Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJuly 18, 2017
Excellent work environment and company growth opportunities. The training was great and intense and the management staff was very good with putting together teams that would increase work flow and employee moral.
pharmacist
Prior Authorization Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 25, 2017
They will hire you and when the work decreases let you go with no warning. They call you Saturday night and tell you don't bother coming to work on Monday
Pros
initial lots of overtime
Cons
Management is mean, disrespectful and unqualified.
clinical coordinator
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2017
Working for Catamarn was great, there is a lot of growth potential here. the hours are good along with the pay rate. ! hour lunch breaks are a big plus.
Pros
growth
Same company
Pharmacy Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 26, 2017
I am still working for at the company. We are currently merging with OptumRX. Everything still applies with this company. I simply just was promoted to a higher position and company name is changing.
It was an ok workplace
Member Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILMarch 21, 2017
Very frustrating trying to get customers their prescriptions especially if there was a Autorization req and we had to get it overided and that took alot sometimes.
Pros
own cubicle
Cons
short breaks and lunches
management pick and choose regular employees over temps.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHFebruary 25, 2017
the temps here are treated very bad by the hired worker, we were required to attend meeting that only pertained to hired employees, even there was treated bad our questions was snarled at. we want to know answers to thing in case we were ever hired. we were put in a area buy our self and stood over like prisoners.
Pros
learned some things while there
Cons
temp no benefits
A good place to work.
Member Services Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 14, 2017
Catamaran was a good place to work. There was close communication between managers, supervisors, and their teams. The work was important, helping our customers understand their health benefits and helping them get the medications they needed in a timely manner.

Catamaran was bought by Optum (United Healthcare) shortly after I retired. They now operate as OptumRx. Many of the supervisors and team members are still working there, but I don't know what it is like working for under the new company.
Pros
Strong bond between co-workers, free coffee in the lunch room, and frequent activities or contests to keep the job interesting.
Cons
The job requires you to stay at your desk, on the phones, at all times except for breaks. The desks were not ergonomically designed, so this is not good for your physical health.
coworkers
Customer Service Rep/Sr. MSR (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILJanuary 9, 2017
I worked with a great group of people we had to combine departments and with the changes that happen everyone handled the change very professionally. I really enjoyed the team i worked with.
Terrible Company
Medicare Prior Authorization Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 29, 2016
The pharmacy prior authorization company kept hiring through a staffing agency and not training their employees. Needless to say the company shut down our department and now they have only a few locations open closer to the east coast that can process prior authorizations.
Good company to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 5, 2016
This was a good company to work for. Good work hours and flexibility. Nice Management team with lots of experience amongst them. Not sure how they're doing now.
9 of 10
Senior Pharmacy Technician III (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 16, 2016
Working for Catamaran was has been a pleasure, hard to find one just like it. We had great professionals. Co-workers had become really good friends. I really miss them. Sad that management decided to close our Miaramar location.
Great place to work, very inviting.
Healthcare Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZNovember 3, 2016
Great place to work, but was only there thru a temp agency. I would go back if given the chance to. The people and company was a great place to work and would be a place someone would want to wake up and go to work everyday.
Pros
Environment, helpful, clean, great material/teaching.
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catamaran. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9