Catapult Learning Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2015
Great learning experience. Worked with a variety of students. Many students needed a better discipline plan. Hard to manage large classes.
It is a good part time job
Catapult Instructor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 17, 2015
I have fun on a daily basis. I get to work with excellent students all day. We do lessons and they receive items based upon completions and work.
Happy Coworkers
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 20, 2015
I had a good experience working here. a lot of my coworkers had been there for a long time and were very happy with their wages, benefits, the work they were doing and the environment
Pros
great coworkers, great pay, great benefits
Cons
was laid off when offices were moved to another state
Small group settings allowed individualized lessons with direct instruction.
Title 1 Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 5, 2015
Small groups enabled me to create fun and exciting lessons that students were interested in participating and interacting. Because of some of the academic struggles ;the low achiever's assessments were modified to meet their needs.
Pros
Small group settings, which made it easier to create individualized lessons
Cons
Challenging behaviors .
Great potential job derailed by lack of benefits and advancement
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 26, 2015
This was a great job. I loved doing it. I was basically a mobile resource teacher. I would work with small groups of E.S.E. based students from grades K-12. We would work together to improve their math and reading skills. It was a very rewarding job in that regard. I enjoyed my co-workers, too.

However, as much as I loved the job, itself, The lack of pay, benefits, and advancement ruined it. If you worked as an instructor, it was only part-time. There was A LOT of paperwork. Too much for that kind of pay The benefits you could apply for were a matching 401K and they would pay for the "miles" (apx. $0.25/mile) if you traveled to several different schools. No medical, dental, or anything else, though. The company only allowed for 1-2 supervisors for all 40 instructors at any time, so advancement opportunities were few and far between.

In conclusion, this job can offer experience to recent college grads and a job opportunity to semi-retired people. I hate to say this because I did appreciate my co-workers and students, but if you're in between college grad and semi-retired, it's best to look elsewhere.
Great Company to work for
Teacher (Former Employee) –  brooklynJune 5, 2015
Great Company to work for 8-6:30/ 3 different shifts amazing staff/ great pay/ the hardest part of the job is the commute in between schools but not a difficult
Area Manager and Instructor
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJMarch 28, 2015
Responsible for implementing Catapult policies, procedures and philosophies to educators. Responsible for educators implementing standards of student’s education, analyze and input data to ensure program is correctly operated. Responsible for adhering to HR Guidelines to ensure contract renewal, ensure overall contract agreements were met. Responsible for maintaining positive communication and relationships with clients.
Neutral
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI.March 2, 2015
Just finished working for Catapult Learning for the second time. Experience was intense, and work was overloaded via paper files. Students were difficult to deal with, and grade level 2-4th grade, I expressed not wanting in the beginning. However, the school I was placed at was in need and the only job open. I am back to looking for work again, after being dismissed due to paperwork I was told by supervisor.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a lot of testing and paperwork
Committed to mission
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 19, 2015
While the senior team seems to be constantly changing, the company buy in to it's mission is evident. Marketing team has done a great job getting all levels of employees involved and connected. Benefits and PTO seem adequate, pay scale could be better for some positions.
Calm workplace
Para Professional (Current Employee) –  Hoboken, NJJanuary 14, 2015
My job requires me to observe classified children whom I am assigned to. As they learn how to defeat their classifications, I learn a little more about them myself. Management follows up with me at the end of the week. My co-workers are very nice and are productive with their own jobs. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the children.

Want to know more about Catapult Learning?

Ask a question
Very fun job, working with inner city children.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2014
This was a Summer tutoring job that allowed me to work closely with children in the 5th grade in the city of Detroit. Assisting my head teacher with math and reading, I learned to deal with different personalities and backgrounds, while trying to learn kid's different styles of learning. The best part about this job was that I know that I actually helped kids better themselves in school and at home. Being there for only a little while still provided me time to act as a mentor to the young students.
Not happy with work enviroment
HR/Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJNovember 7, 2014
Benefits are too high! Didnt pay you what you where worth and all the hard work you do. My manager wasnt very professtional at all.
Good Start
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 4, 2014
Part time work with no benefits. Pay is fair but not good. Good place to start and get experience.
Long-term Language Arts Teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2014
Even though I was not there very long I enjoyed teaching and meeting students from different backgrounds.
Pros
friendly teachers
Cons
short-term job
Great learning program fro students
Math and Reading Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2014
I set a goal each day to locate whatever special quality the students' have and use that to expand their thinking and learning skills.
Quality employees
Teacher (Current Employee) –  NJMay 7, 2014
Over all Excellent, very talented team with leadership. the team was put together well and they compliment each other with talent and skill.
Excellent job culture which allows presenting to diverse groups of professionals
Professional Development Presenter (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 30, 2014
As a consultant, I do not have a daily work routine, but rather on a "as needed basis." The teachers and principals are my audiences and they are wonderful to work with. There is nothing really hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job is engaging the teachers and principals in dialogue during the presentation and seeing how much they enjoy the various activities.
Pros
preparing the presentation and then presenting it.
Cons
it's only part-time.
Worked at a high school
Math Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2014
The hours were with high school class schedule, sometimes allowing for long unpaid breaks and made the day very difficult. It felt like working a full time job but with part time hours, and part time pay, and no benefits. Management was quite disorganized, and communication between company management and school was poor. Instructors were expected to teach students but had very little training.
Pros
got to meet and work with kids of varied backgrounds, challenging but fun
Cons
long unpaid breaks.
fast paced
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2014
Maintained daily weekly and monthly reports and supply inventory
Pros
i love typing and it was fun and fast paced
Cons
no room for advancement
Great Company
Center Director/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cleveland. OHSeptember 24, 2013
Great Company,
Solid communication, employee health insurance very high.
Pros
great company, great people
Cons
depends on government grants, so we lost our jobs, my program closed down in cleveland.