Catapult Learning Employee Reviews

Not recommended
staff (Former Employee) –  FloridaJanuary 25, 2018
The Director seemed to have it out for my boss and did everything possible to create an extremely stressful, uncomfortable situation among the staff.
Information was constantly mis-communicated causing daily disruption of work tasks it was almost impossible to accomplish anything.
Avoid working for this comoany at all costs!!!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 19, 2018
This company will chew you up and spit you out. They don't appreciate their employees AT ALL and it shows! They constantly have high turn over rate. They literally pay the lowest amount that they could get away with compared to other Title 1 companies within the same market.
Pros
There are no pros to the company, but the school was decent
Cons
Literally everything! Super cheap, dont value employees
productive place to work
Resource Room Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 13, 2017
Ir was productive and challenging. The students were at times difficult to work with due to their low self esteem and problems absorbing subject matter.
Pros
working with a good supervisor
Cons
working with difficuly students
Working with kids/poor management
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2017
What I learned from working at Catapult Learning is that you are basically not given any training, and then when you make mistakes, the company gets mad and fires you!

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the kids, but the hardest part of the job was enduring a merry-go-round of supervisors - some of which were poor communicators.
Excellent People Excellent Products
Missouri Sales & Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 15, 2017
really enjoyed the people I worked with and always love to consult with educators.

It is a long established educational company and will do extremely well. It is tough here in Missouri and they did NOT need 3 salespeople for one state. 2 left and 1 is plenty!
Pros
great people and product
Cons
given very bad territory
Great for allowing indepence, difficult to communicate or know what's going in.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 7, 2017
Communication among managers was poor, making it difficult to know what to expect. Definitelt up to you to build rapport and communicate with the school, though I was originally told management would. The person hired to help locate resources for tutors was not helpful. Everyone who was full time had way too much to do to be totally successful. They did not tell me when they ended a program at a school I was assigned to, so I showed up to find that I had less hours per week and didn't need to be there.
Pros
Independent, fun kids
Cons
Bad communication, difficult finding out information about hours
Lead Teacher
Flex Teacher/ Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 5, 2017
I enjoyed the teaching and training the other teachers as a Lead Teacher. However, I found the leadership ( supervisor, and team lead) to be detached from the team, thus creating confusion for the teachers and the support staff.
Pros
Salary
Cons
The companies mission to help children and they try to deliver
Director (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJOctober 24, 2017
The work is rewarding
The management team in the field is very supportive
Staff like their jobs
Staff would like to have more money, but budgets are limited by funding.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with all the paperwork required.
The most enjoyable pare is seeing children succeed in school.
Pros
Great People in the field
Cons
Paper work
Double -Edge Sword
Facilities Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2017
I was underpaid and under-appreciated by upper management. My immediate manager did look out for my best interest though. Working as a third-party provider for the government, there were many changes in rules and regulations, which affected the company's daily procedures. Some changes made my tasks more difficult, while other changes made my tasks easier.
Look for a better company - you deserve better!
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Millersville, MDAugust 30, 2017
Management is all family. If you aren't a part of their network, advancement is non existent. When they are confronted with issues, they turn against you. The company is owned by investors (401k matching was taken away for profit for investors). The health benefits are terrible. Raises never happen (I was there several years). Students are physically aggressive - when staff gets injured the company resorts to firing employee.
Pros
Emotional abuse from bosses and physical abuse from students
Great working environment
Summer School Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
I had amazing job experience working for Catapult. The staffs at Catapult were amazing. They have their own curriculum and I believe is very effective. I felt very supported by the Catapult Family.
The experience was very positive & enjoyable!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 27, 2017
Team work was very good, teachers & school staff provided a very positive & welcoming environment for students & parents. Very dedicated teachers & Coordinator which contributed to student success.
Pros
Develop the staff to accommodate school needs.
Cons
Program began late, should be extended longer for the school year.
Challenging and interesting
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAAugust 14, 2017
Great people to work with. the amount of work depends on the school you are assigned to and the amount of cooperation between the administration and Catapult.
Pros
Challenging, work with students and adults
Cons
Parent signatures often more important than student learning
i loved working with the children.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 14, 2017
Catapult Learning was a summer position in our schools during the summer after the regular school year ended. I enjoyed working one-on-one with the students to improve academically where they fell short during the school year.
Rewarding
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is the progress of the students, academically as well as developmental.
The least enjoyable part is motivating students who have had negative educational experiences
Pros
Staff
Cons
Pressure to retain at risks students
great schools and great colleagues
School-age speech therapist (grades K-8) (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJJuly 14, 2017
I learned so much over he years after servicing hundreds of students. I have honed mya articulation skills and language skills. The company provided many workshops and lots of peer sharing. However, I am looking to do individual therapy as oppposed to group therapy.
A lot of paperwork
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 22, 2017
The Job is great because it provided great opportunity to improve and move up within the company. The tutoring program benefits children who need extra help either in math or reading. The most challenging part of the job was the paperwork but it can be managed.
Pros
Paid training and lunch provided
Cons
Surprise deadlines
A lot of down time
Professional Reading/Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 21, 2017
Children were not cooperative. Program not designed for them or the school. Not a lot of backup help. Teachers were on their own basically. Suppose to be a tutoring service, not a special ed class.
Pros
Get paid for doing nothing
Cons
Boring
Balanced work environment
Title I/ ESE Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
I love this company hours are flexible. Company has opportunity for growth if you do your job well. The hardest part of the job is being assigned to multiple schools and having to travel and take learning material with you.
A chance to impact the youth
TEACHERS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2017
Working for Catapult Learning was fun and a learning experience. To come to work everyday and help teens/ young adults to complete the schooling needed to graduate high school made my day. I learned to keep moving forward as the youth battled adversities that may have ended their lives and abilities to finish school. The staff took some getting use to since I was a floater. I would at times go from site to site to relieve teachers for lunch and various other duties.
Pros
Helping the students
Cons
The company left Orlando, Fl

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult Learning. Our community is ready to answer.