Catapult Learning Employee Reviews

Great position
High School Support Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJMarch 21, 2017
Thus is the perfect job fro Part-time or Full-time for those with a Teaching Degree. There a perfect schedule for everyone. It covers all subject areas .
An organization committed to Education, great place to work...
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2017
An amazing organization committed to students and the business of education. Catapult’s diverse services keeps education two steps ahead and ensures that it’s students and staff are trained and understand the latest concepts and changes happening in the field of education. Wonderful place to work!
Great work/life balance!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 25, 2017
I began working part-time for Catapult last year. Prior to working at Catapult, I taught full-time in a charter school for almost 10 years. I am a mom to three kids and the work/life balance that I've found at Catapult is SO much better. I make a decent salary for working three days a week, paid holidays/snow days (not summer), and the paperwork is abundantly less than what I was accustomed to. You ARE held accountable with observations, monthly meetings,etc., but my experience is, so far, pretty autonomous (which nowadays is rare for teachers!). Definitely recommend it!
Pros
Employee/not contractor position, great work/life balance, decent pay, autonomy
Cons
Unorganized teacher resources (books, materials, etc).
N/a
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 22, 2017
It was great helping out the kids with their assortment of assignments, learning about kids experience and what they go through in a daily basis.
Productive great work environment
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  York, PAJanuary 3, 2017
Can't complain about much I'm grateful to be apart of this amazing team of teachers giving back to the communities by helping students that need more attention than others. a ttypical day would involve redirection of negative behavior, helping with school work and problem solving skills. Great management and amazing co-workers to create an amazing environment.
The teaching materials & aids provided were very poor.
Title 1 Teacher -Reading and Math (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 29, 2016
We were given series of workbooks for reading, phonics and math.
Reading plans were out of date and boring - especially to the first grade students. Math lessons and practice worksheets did not align. eg: Lesson plan #11 about Division, Practice sheet #11 would have addition problems. So had to search through pdf files to find the correct sheet. Each grade had ~100 worksheets. Having to search for 5 grade levels took an inordinate amount of time just to pull basic materials together.

Classroom was a shared space for 3 classrooms in a windowless room. Half the room was sectioned off by an folding walls for third grade class, Title 1 space was divided by a wall of metal cabinets.

Management was rigid how we were to teach, expecting teachers to use prescribed dialog and approach. Totally failed in allowing for student's individual needs and learning style.

Supervisor made a lot of promises but rarely followed through.
Pros
Very few
Cons
Covered above.
good for part time schedule
Teacher/ Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 27, 2016
Professional atmosphere; required monthly meetings, strict rules and regulations / paperwork and procedures. Employees get paid training at the hourly rate,
Pros
hours
Cons
no benefits
Loved but Student but....
Registrar (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 16, 2016
This company had no clue what they where doing when they opened their doors in San Diego. I would NOT recommend working for this company at all. My job inculded working with my Regional director, who was beyond a good supervisor, It was just the company that didn't know what they where doing.
Good base pay, but that's about it
former employee (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJDecember 15, 2016
I agree with the poster above about management having no direction. No formal review process, No standard cost of living increases, yearly raises are rare and at the whim of your manager. No 401k company match to contributions in years. Bonus may be touted as part of your comp package, but you likely won't ever see it. No culture of developing people if you're not doing something as they like, you're out. Lots of management turnover.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
Camden office location, no 401k contribution, raises not paid out in years, bonuses at the whim of managers, no strategic direction, no culture for professional development for corp staff
Decent pay poor leadership and culture
Finance (Current Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 13, 2016
This company needs a major structural overhaul. It's poorly managed and there's very little guidance. Hope you like finding things out on your own because training is non existent. heres the thing, the company's mission is great. The potential is definitely there. But upper management needs a clean slate in their corporate office or else they won't get better. If you're willing to eat a lot of crow in the hopes things will improve is say yes, work here. But if you're not the true that's a self starter or initiator you need not apply.
Pros
Good pay and home work balance
Cons
Poor management and processes
Interesting and different depending on the school you're working with.
Certified Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 5, 2016
I worked as a push in rather than a pull out instructor. In one school I had students from first grade to eighth; another all girls high school; another all boys junior high school through high school. I think the diversification was great.

Catapult supervisor was very supportive and enjoyable. I enjoyed the travel and diversity.
Pros
Diversification in schools and students
Cons
Salary
Great company.
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 1, 2016
For the two years that I have been working with Catapult in their summer immersion program, it has been a wonderful experience.
A god chance to flex your teaching skills, but not always the placement you would like
Title 1 Reading Teacher (Current Employee) –  PhiadelphiaAugust 23, 2016
I worked for Catapult as both an instructional coach and a Title 1 teacher. The work is challenging and a lot is demanded. The work and pay is "okay" but summers are always unpaid. The ability to make a difference in the lives of students is rewarding. But geographic placements over a wide city area are not always considered. Last year, I had an hour commute. This year I requested a school closer to my home and was placed in a city school, still an hour commute.
Pros
Planning time, autonomy in the classroom, connection to students
Cons
Paperwork, long commutes, no summer pay, no chance to advance
Committed to Education and Student Acheivement
Manager of School Partnerships (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2016
rewarding company whose impact directly affects the students we service.
working closely with schools and school districts to determine need and determining how to reach the need leveraging Catapults resources.
Positive Environment
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 26, 2016
This is my second time working for Catapult. It is an enjoyable company to work for. The professional developments are helpful, your co-workers are pleasant.
Amazing opportunities!
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  32 BroadwayJuly 26, 2016
I love how much this company has done for me and my family. The work environment is so safe and welcoming. Since the office is a diverse community no one feels like an outsider, please are generally welcoming.
Pros
Compensation is great.
Cons
Short term job opportunities
Organized and structured.
Tutor/Teacher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJJuly 15, 2016
This company was very organized and structured but that was the problem. Too much structure does not leave room for flexibility, new ideas, and takes the enjoyment out of position. I enjoyed the structure and organization of the company.
Pros
Structured
Cons
Not flexible
Great working with students in small groups
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 9, 2016
A typical day working with children can be very rewarding. I have learned some new techniques working with blended learning with the computer and teacher led lessons. Management was great with assistance with very large paper workload required on students. Working with co-workers was a very good experience. The most difficult part of the job is maintaining positive when there is an extremely large amount of paperwork due to dealing with government funds. The most enjoyable part of the job is the collaboration that was required daily with students, parents, teachers and administrators.
Pros
Independent teaching, never a dull moment, variety daily of work
Cons
Breaks may get forgotten due to intense work load.
great place but lacking info
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Hoboken, NJMarch 24, 2016
good company but unaware they were closing so lacking if information before job was taken, otherwise the job is a pleasant experience
Very supportive work environment
School Counselor (Current Employee) –  FloaterFebruary 25, 2016
I enjoy working with Catapult Learning. I have wonderful co-workers and a supportive supervisor. My role is a school counselor and I float to three different schools in two counties. We are compensated for mileage and we have paid snow days.
Pros
friendly co-workers, independent work
Cons
salary, part-time work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Catapult Learning. Our community is ready to answer.